PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong: Invesco is not intimidating.

wolf754life
01-02-2010, 05:58 PM
invesco has no soul!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14108938

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
It's true, the new stadium is nothing like the old. Bowlen got what he wanted, the pinky in the air crowd. Hey Bowlen, how's the club seating attendance? :spit:

Problems with the new stadium as I see it:

Even after the tax payers voted to pay for the majority of the stadium Bowlen up and sells the name. WTF?!!!!!!
Is Invesco even around any more?
Despite several certified letters from the Broncos promising us that our seats would be the same if not better, we were slapped in the face when our seats were moved 27 yards away from the middle of the field to make room for the "pinky in the air" crowd.
After sitting for 2 seasons in that POS we gave up our season tickets that were in our family since 1970. Used the money to buy a 50" hidef television. A much better experience.

KipCorrington25
01-02-2010, 09:08 PM
It's simple really.

Blue colar crowd = Blue colar ticket prices
White colar crowd = White colar ticket prices

and yes, Bowlen got what he wanted otherwise the team would be in Los Angeles now.

TheReverend
01-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Is Armstrong trying to say that on average Denver fans are a 6?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Bowlen didn't sell the naming rights, the stadium commission did.

Oh, and Mile High wasn't that loud in '99 and '00 when all the apparent super-fans were still present.

broncos-rock
01-02-2010, 09:50 PM
It's simple really.

Blue colar crowd = Blue colar ticket prices
White colar crowd = White colar ticket prices

and yes, Bowlen got what he wanted otherwise the team would be in Los Angeles now.

I'd say that really isnt true! They release half-price tickets just for that reason. Thats the only way I can take my family to a game.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, duh. A little rain scares you guys away.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Well, duh. A little rain scares you guys away.

Sort of how constant losing has scared you guys away.

watermock
01-02-2010, 10:42 PM
stadium looks like a contraception device.

broncocalijohn
01-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Bowlen didn't sell the naming rights, the stadium commission did.

Oh, and Mile High wasn't that loud in '99 and '00 when all the apparent super-fans were still present.

You dont have the South Stands noise anymore. Sure, I like the seats instead of benches and a cup holder so I dont knock over my drink or someone elses but when you stomp on that floor, it doesnt have the metal bang that the old stadium had. THere was no reason to cover up the metal in those seats. It just isnt that deafening like it was at good ole' Mile High.

Ratboy
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
It's not the stadium.

It's the uniform!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/730/slideshow_73085/display_image.jpg

Ratboy
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
You dont have the South Stands noise anymore. Sure, I like the seats instead of benches and a cup holder so I dont knock over my drink or someone elses but when you stomp on that floor, it doesnt have the metal bang that the old stadium had. THere was no reason to cover up the metal in those seats. It just isnt that deafening like it was at good ole' Mile High.

Sounds like fans need to bring pots and pans into the stadium.

Popps
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I had a great time when I was there. It's a beautiful facility. Never got to go to hold mile high. But, I've seen games in a few other cities and nothing was as nice as Invesco.

I can understand the criticism, but the noise level has been pretty damned good the last couple of years.

I think the intimidation thing simply has to do with the product on the field. Improve that, and no team will want to come play us.

I'd argue that right now... we're not a team that anyone looks forward to playing. (Ask Philly)

Last year at this time, we were a (literal) laughing stock. Announcers were laughing and calling us an embarrassment on national TV.

Improve the product on the field. The stadium is fine.

watermock
01-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Wrong.

You were never at Mile High in the south stands? Or at the 20 behind the bench?

You think we aren't being laughed at right now?

I don't know what Beavis is pulling, but we are at about 50 strength. Luckily, KC has allready mailed it in.

ZONA
01-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Is Armstrong trying to say that on average Denver fans are a 6?

hahhahhha, good one dude.

Popps
01-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Wrong.

You were never at Mile High in the south stands? Or at the 20 behind the bench?

You think we aren't being laughed at right now?

I don't know what Beavis is pulling, but we are at about 50 strength. Luckily, KC has allready mailed it in.

Yea, Mock... I'm pretty sure that NFL fans don't laugh at other team's stadiums. They laugh at the product on the field. (Or not.)

Los Broncos
01-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Never made it to Mile High but I love Invesco.

I recommend doing the tour, it's pretty cool.

Taco John
01-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Mile High was an experience for me. I was there twice. Once as a kid to watch the Denver Zeyphers, and then again in my 20's when my Dad took me to see the Broncos/Jaguars game where Elam tied the record. That was an amazing experience that has only been made more golden with time.

I also really enjoy the new stadium. I think that there's no doubt that the experiences are much different. Let's face it: Old Mile High wasn't built for comfort. It was built for packing as many people in as possible at the cheapest price to build it as possible. That's not what this new stadium was built for at all.

That said, every time that I visited the stadium, I thought the fans were into it. I don't think the enthusiasm dropped off as much as the distance from the field as compared to those steep Old Mile High rafters increased.

cmhargrove
01-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Does this "whining about the good old days" really get anyone anywhere?

Invesco is great, and one of the most beautiful places to watch an NFL game. It is more spaced out and comfortable than the old mile high, but it is a business and businesses need to make money.

Every team in the NFL has either rebuilt a "new" stadium, or is in the process so I don't see how the stadium affects whether guys can make a tackle or catch a pass.

Our team has outperformed all expectations, it just sucks that they came so close. Enough complaining already (unless we get stomped by the Chiefs).

titan
01-03-2010, 08:21 AM
From a former South Stander who attended many games at the Old Mile Hi:

Invesco isn't as loud but it's plenty loud enough. The crowd noise and enthusiasm at the Dallas and New England home games this year was great. Crowd noise isn't as much of a factor in ANY stadium these days with wireless communication in the quarterback's helmet (and 1 defensive player).

Invesco still has one thing going for it that the old Mile High had - the altitude. Playing a mile above sea level at the old stadium got into the bronco opponent's heads just as much if not more so than the crowd noise. McDaniels said in training camp he wanted a well conditioned team to take advantage of this. Early in the season (the big 4th quarter come from behind wins against Dallas and New England) it looked like it was working. Lately, not so much.

I agree with Popps: "Improve the product on the field. The stadium is fine."

Cool Breeze
01-03-2010, 09:04 AM
It's true, the new stadium is nothing like the old. Bowlen got what he wanted, the pinky in the air crowd. Hey Bowlen, how's the club seating attendance? :spit:

Problems with the new stadium as I see it:

Even after the tax payers voted to pay for the majority of the stadium Bowlen up and sells the name. WTF?!!!!!!
Is Invesco even around any more?
Despite several certified letters from the Broncos promising us that our seats would be the same if not better, we were slapped in the face when our seats were moved 27 yards away from the middle of the field to make room for the "pinky in the air" crowd.
After sitting for 2 seasons in that POS we gave up our season tickets that were in our family since 1970. Used the money to buy a 50" hidef television. A much better experience.

How is this a problem with the stadium?
yes they are.

azbroncfan
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Intimidation has more to do with the team on the field than the fans or stadium.