PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts a day before the game

labronx
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Whats up Guys....

I hardly post and haven't really in a long while...but read this page religiously every day...Some of the newer posters may not know me....so here goes....

Watching the replay of Giants vs. Patriots game SuperBowl game....

Belichick runs his regimein a way our joke of military leaders only dreamed they could manage their trigger happy lazy soft-ass one-track minded puff-tech-assisted soldiers and officers.

The awareness and level of intelligence in which hisPatriots play is just amazing.

There is a reason why Brady has 3 rings and Manning Mr. Wonderful only has 1. That is precise execution, limited mental errors and big timely plays on all 3 facets of the game. Our team is not at that level but…I do see signs that we may get there.

Here comes my point

McDaniels....

Great young COACH...He has the IT that players RESPECT, FALLOW and will PLAY HARD for...Just like Belichick. However, he is not Bill.

His 6-0 start as a .org was nothing more than amazing and way beyond the dreams of any poster on this or any board. The game against NE was something that lit a fire in me for the rest of the year. Just out of the normal realms of everyday life. Simply magical...the essence of Mile High Magic very Elwayesqueish....

HOWEVER and this a big HOWEVER

He obviously has been deciphered by league in terms of his Offensive game plan, concept and strategy..He has realized this....a handful of games back he realized that the O had become stagnant and predictable and he was not getting any results so he went back and looked at worked last year to try to find a solution.

He started by incorporating some of Shanny’s offense and it started working. Eventually play action pass needs play action runs and that began to stall too…Along the way he discovered what everybody in the world already knows is that Brandon Marshall may just be hands down THE BEST receiver in the NFL. Think about it for a second…Marshall has made plays for us…the type that have never really been seen in this league…Somewhere in between a stronger Owens…less acrobatic/deep threat than Moss…but more possession and can turn a 2yd catch to 8 to a 15 to a 25 to a 65 yd play and actually win the game for you after he makes the catch, eludes about 3-4 tackles and breaks 2 more all this after beating the best CB on the other team.

What we had w/ Cutler and Marshall we will never see that type of talent together here again. Then you throw in the versatility of Royal all we needed on O was half of TD30 and we would have been unstoppable something like the 49ers Dynasty.

This league is a business period.
Marshall is pretty much letting the Broncos know that HE by himself is bigger than the team.
Business is cut throat and sometimes some very special individuals that are truly gifted require special treatment…sorry my friends…that just the way it is…some people are just simply more gifted than others. So what you do is you weigh the effect of allowing special treatment and how the team as a whole handles it. If it affects the team negatively too much than u must cut ties w/player, at the end of the day the TEAM is always bigger than any player.
If the Broncos lose, Marshall wins in his career on the business side setting himself up for the rest of his life and possibly generations to come.
If they win than we make the playoffs and McDaniels will lower Marshall’s leverage that he has on the team.
This is a business..he is being cut throat…

McDaniels by benching him is risking slicing his own throat. He better hope that he finds that Mile High Magic one more time and it gets sprinkled around the couple of other games.

He will not find the talent of Cutler and Marshall in any of his drafts…Im talking talent…Let alone in the same one..
Losing that level of players and the collapse have shown that he is not flexible enough to lead men to “battle”. If we don’t make the playoffs..

He gets one year possibly two…he would need to make the playoffs either of the next two.

Broncofan_H
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
our joke of military leaders only dreamed they could manage their trigger happy lazy soft-ass one-track minded puff-tech-assisted soldiers and officers

After I read that, I kind of lost interest in whatever else you were going to say.

Popps
01-02-2010, 01:36 PM
After I read that, I kind of lost interest in whatever else you were going to say.

Right, it's like....

"I'm really unreasonable and biased, and here is my 46 paragraph analysis of the universe...."

labronx
01-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Right, it's like....

"I'm really unreasonable and biased, and here is my 46 paragraph analysis of the universe...."

lol @universe..I was in a very pensive mood. The point is McDaniels is real good coach. However, he is too rigid and needs to be more flexible. He just can't come in and take a totalitarian approach with players that are established and legitimate. He couldn't afford to lose Marshall and that will deal a major blow to his rep and plan from here on. The collapse is due partly to his inability to be flexible.

broncosteven
01-02-2010, 07:47 PM
lol @universe..I was in a very pensive mood. The point is McDaniels is real good coach. However, he is too rigid and needs to be more flexible. He just can't come in and take a totalitarian approach with players that are established and legitimate. He couldn't afford to lose Marshall and that will deal a major blow to his rep and plan from here on. The collapse is due partly to his inability to be flexible.

Funny but I had the same impression of McDaniels 6 months ago. After the season started I promised myself that I would not call him what I was calling him, mostly as a joke that I beat into the ground. He does continue to remind me of a certain dictator who was in power in the 1930's and 40's. I am apparently not the only one who thinks he is a totalitarian apparently.

I hope this approach wins games and builds strong teams, after the last 2-7 stretch and subsequent benchings I am guessing he needs to adapt.

Hell even the great College coach John Wooden gave in to certain star players and allowed them to break his rules he held the lesser players accountable to. Just read any of his books on Leadership, he says you can't treat everyone the same way, you have to find what motivate them and build on that.

Maybe I should send McDaniels a copy of "Wooden on Leadership".

SureShot
01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
McDonalds should just ask Parcells how he handled LT and apply it to Marshall.

broncosteven
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
McDonalds should just ask Parcells how he handled LT and apply it to Marshall.

Did that involve Cocaine?

SureShot
01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Did that involve Cocaine?

Only for the truly special players.....yes!

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/03/bill_parcells.jpg

broncosteven
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Only for the truly special players.....yes!

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/03/bill_parcells.jpg

This is why you lifted all those weights and snorted all that coke...

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Thoughts before a game is always to win every battle.

ant1999e
01-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Whats up Guys....

I hardly post and haven't really in a long while...but read this page religiously every day...Some of the newer posters may not know me....so here goes....

Do us all a favor and go back to not posting.

Belichick runs his regimein a way our joke of military leaders only dreamed they could manage their trigger happy lazy soft-ass one-track minded puff-tech-assisted soldiers and officers.

4321~:loser:

Los Broncos
01-02-2010, 08:44 PM
All I can say is find a way to win.

TheReverend
01-02-2010, 08:57 PM

This