PDA

View Full Version : Some proof that Mcgenius is losing the lockeroom

Pages : [1] 2

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873

All but buried amid the Brandon Marshall drama is Broncos coach Josh McDan- iels' benching of tight end Tony Scheffler for the game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs for a non-injury-related reason.

"I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."
Scheffler has been frustrated by his reduced role this season — he has 31 catches for 416 yards in 15 games, after catching 40 passes for 645 yards in 13 games last year.

He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia, and Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.

"To be honest, I haven't even heard from Josh," Scheffler said.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873#ixzz0bU62TfMp

barryr
01-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Sure it does. Let's hear directly from them and not from the guy who can't block or catch a cold.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Your proof is Scheffler. Did you consider the source?

NYBronco
01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Looks like McD is getting control of the locker room with the season nearly done. He's been patient with what he's had to work with in his first year. He's just making changes for the future. This upcoming offseason will be interesting and hopefully less disruptive.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
yeah, Scheffler, Marshall, and Hillis....good riddance.

Graham has been quoted saying it needed to be done....

Baba Booey
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM

Really?

I missed that. Interesting though.

Flex Gunmetal
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Failing thread fails

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:40 PM

Wow. That's a hell of a quote. What's the source?

Popps
01-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Looks like McD is getting control of the locker room with the season nearly done. He's been patient with what he's had to work with in his first year. He's just making changes for the future. This upcoming offseason will be interesting and hopefully less disruptive.

I'll say this, it's a fairly harsh approach. But, I'm still inclined to think that our team probably needs it. We've had years of me-guys and Club Med training camps.

Sometimes you have to take a hold of a team by the throat.

If this doesn't work, well... we'll try something new. But, thus far... I see an improved team on the field.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
If we beat the Chiefs, he did the right thing. If we lose to the Chiefs... Hoo boy.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Really?

I missed that. Interesting though.

"Coach's decision," said Broncos tight end Daniel Graham, who will play Sunday despite a knee injury and was trying his best to not take sides in the rift. "He's doing what he thinks is best for the team."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108920#ixzz0bUBHTiOK

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:42 PM
"Coach's decision," said Broncos tight end Daniel Graham, who will play Sunday despite a knee injury and was trying his best to not take sides in the rift. "He's doing what he thinks is best for the team."

Wow. You really butchered that one.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Ray... You really got "Graham was quoted as saying it needed to be done" out of that quote?

theAPAOps5
01-02-2010, 12:45 PM
If we beat the Chiefs, he did the right thing. If we lose to the Chiefs... Hoo boy.

This site will explode! I will be very sorry for you!

Its funny how Bdouche7 is using a Scheffler quote. The same guy basically eluded that he will be moving on in FA on the radio, or at least sounded like a guy on the way out.

Dan Graham said it best as this is intended to benefit the team. Some me guys being placed in check is nice.

For that matter I would not call Hillis a me guy at ALL so I am not lumping him in that group.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 12:47 PM

I’m going have to disagree with your assessment of that quote. He essentially said “no comment”.

NFLBRONCO
01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Didn't they say same thing under Shanny at the end of the season that he lost the locker room quite a few times.

WABronco
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
"I can't stand the little prick," said Champ Bailey in response to questions regarding the benching fiasco.

"Dude better watch his back," added Brian Dawkins. " Coach knows me and my boys play for keeps...all I'm sayin' is he better watch his back."

Lamont Jordan after being asked the same questions, "I feel like a rotting flower. I am a caged dove. I've become an angel with no wings...Coach is pretty much the devil" When reminded that he was, in fact, Lamont Jordan, he responded, "Man it don't matter we're all emo kids now, thanks to Coach."

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/br...#ixzz0bUBHTiOK (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108920#ixzz0bUBHTiOK)

^Sounds pretty serious.

HEAV
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia

This clearly shows McDaniels owns the locker room! Scheffler mouthed off to some teammates who told the coaching staff and McDaniels took care of it.

McDaniels has had to deal with Shanny poison pills since the minute he was hired. Funny how the pills where on the offensive side of the ball...

More proof Cutler,Marshall and Scheff and other where babied and allowed to feel bigger than the team.

cabronco
01-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow. You really butchered that one.

Ya it looked butchered the first time reading it.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Your proof is Scheffler. Did you consider the source?

Are you joking? a DIRECT QUOTE from a member of the team--and you are asking about the credibility of source???

baja
01-02-2010, 01:03 PM

You have a source for that?

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Ray... You really got "Graham was quoted as saying it needed to be done" out of that quote?

:rofl:

They will spare no expense in trying to cover the poop stained tracks of McGenius......

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 01:06 PM
"coach's decision," said broncos tight end daniel graham, who will play sunday despite a knee injury and was trying his best to not take sides in the rift. "he's doing what he thinks is best for the team."

read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108920#ixzz0bubhtiok

lol! nice try.

Inkana7
01-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Are you joking? a DIRECT QUOTE from a member of the team--and you are asking about the credibility of source???

A member of the team who just got benched by McDaniels, dumbass. You don't think he might be a little biased?

Pony Boy
01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that McDaniel's might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the head coach for Christ’s sake, let the man coach his team.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 01:09 PM
A member of the team who just got benched by McDaniels, dumbass. You don't think he might be a little biased?

Scheffler is MORE credible than any poster on this site. Try to spin it --you'll lose even more credibility than you already have with your ridiculous post quoted above......

DenverBrit
01-02-2010, 01:12 PM

Scheffler has been unhappy since his BF, Jay was sent to Siberia.

You act as if his attitude is something new.

Nice try.

Inkana7
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Scheffler is MORE credible than any poster on this site. Try to spin it --you'll lose even more credibility than you already have with your ridiculous post quoted above......

Are you seriously for real? Damn. I weep for the future.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Are you seriously for real? Damn. I weep for the future.

these guys are beyond help. if we win the super bowl, it wouldnt be good enough because mcdaniels did it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Some of the players are having a hard time understanding that the team comes before the individual.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
"I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."

For those who have reading comprehension issues

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM

again, says the guy who GOT BENCHED. if you get benched, you wouldnt be happy (not that you ever played sports).

slyinky
01-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that McDaniel's might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the head coach for Christ’s sake, let the man coach his team.

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Hitler might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the Führer for Christ’s sake, let the man Führen his country." ---Some German dude.

GreatBronco16
01-02-2010, 01:28 PM

And who are these teammates? You have an article quoting them saying the same thing?

watermock
01-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah, Graham is overpaid and a real gamebreaker.

Where is he in our suddenly pathetic rushing game? HuH?

he's praying he's not cut/traded with Champ, Scheff, Hillis, Marshall and Jordan.

graham is incredibly slow and a very poor route runner.

It's amazing we don't leave him in more for Mr.Sluggo at QB, o our pathetic line once the scheme was changed.

It will be obvious next year.

Maybe Sunday.

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Hitler might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the Führer for Christ’s sake, let the man Führen his country." ---Some German dude.

Really? You are going to put McDaniels in the same category as a man who executed Millions of people and destroyed multiple countries in his quest for power? Really? Yes, because benching a couple of mouthbreathing jocks who think they are above the team is so the same thing as committing acts of genocide.

baja
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
As an excitable 33 year old first time HC McD needs first and foremost to demonstrate in no uncertain terms who is in charge and what he expects from his players. This is job one for McD. I do think however he should have kept the Marshall issue in house.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I feel a civil war coming on. Brother against brother, fan against fan.

I say... fook the coach and any piece of **** person that follows him.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Mecklomaniac
01-02-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll say this, it's a fairly harsh approach. But, I'm still inclined to think that our team probably needs it. We've had years of me-guys and Club Med training camps.

Young theory X managers may be feared, but are rarely respected.

Pony Boy
01-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Ouote: "I'm a competitor and have worked extremely hard this offseason to be able to fight for a chance to make the playoffs," Scheffler said Friday. "Him taking that away doesn't sit very well with me or some of my teammates."

Shef is a crybaby, sounds like an 8 year old on the playground ..........

SoCalBronco
01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
What bothers me the most about this isn't who's getting benched or why...I respect that its in the Coach's discretion...I'm sure he has reasons, although I don't know whether I would agree with them if they were actually laid out. But what really upsets me about this is that the Big 3 from the 06 class are pretty much all gone....or will be all gone in a matter of time.

Popps
01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Young theory X managers may be feared, but are rarely respected.

Could be.

Again, I don't see Champ, DJ, Elvis or any of the other starters having issues with him, though.

Time will tell. Either our coach is taking things too far, or he's doing what's needed to be done for a long time.

I have my theories.

We shall see...

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
What bothers me the most about this isn't who's getting benched or why...I respect that its in the Coach's discretion...I'm sure he has reasons, although I don't know whether I would agree with them if they were actually laid out. But what really upsets me about this is that the Big 3 from the 06 class are pretty much all gone....or will be all gone in a matter of time.

what makes you think that? i thought it was pretty much unanimous joy at this point that cutler is gone, marshall and dumervil will be RFAs, what makes you think they will be gone? there is zero evidence that the new FO is unwilling to pay talent.

Pony Boy
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Seriously dude....... don't smoke dope before you log on.

Broncos4tw
01-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow.. I'm amazed at how crappy, lazy, and what poor attitudes suddenly half our team has now that we have a new coach. Shef isn't pissed because Cutler went to Chicago. He is pissed because he has HALF the production of last year. While I'm sure fanbois of McD and Orton will say Shef just sucks now, that's a load of crap. He gets very few balls thrown his way, and half that do are innacurate as crap.

McD is one of the most immature coaches I've witnessed in the NFL. He is getting butthurt if anyone has anything negative to say, and instead of professionaly dealing with it, he tosses people under the bus and benches them. I can't see how many free agents would want to come play for such a young little dictator.

Pony Boy
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Isn't it funny how all you coach cum slurpers are throwing Shef under the bus? Last year you idiots were singing praise to Shef and now, just because the coach says so, you obedient fooks cast him aside.

Way to go you robot cattle. MOOOOOO!

What rock did you crawl out from under, you need to clean up your language or get off this site....

bpc
Scheffler has failed to accept tough coaching since his first year here so I don't really put any value in what he may have said.

ON a side note, coaches who punish through the media are truly weak. If you're the man McD, and you rule with an iron fist, take these people to task face to face.

Weaksauce.

MaloCS
Wow.. I'm amazed at how crappy, lazy, and what poor attitudes suddenly half our team has now that we have a new coach. Shef isn't pissed because Cutler went to Chicago. He is pissed because he has HALF the production of last year. While I'm sure fanbois of McD and Orton will say Shef just sucks now, that's a load of crap. He gets very few balls thrown his way, and half that do are innacurate as crap.

McD is one of the most immature coaches I've witnessed in the NFL. He is getting butthurt if anyone has anything negative to say, and instead of professionaly dealing with it, he tosses people under the bus and benches them. I can't see how many free agents would want to come play for such a young little dictator.

:thumbs:

SoCalBronco
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
what makes you think that? i thought it was pretty much unanimous joy at this point that cutler is gone, marshall and dumervil will be RFAs, what makes you think they will be gone? there is zero evidence that the new FO is unwilling to pay talent.

By Big 3, I was referring to the offense: Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler. As you know, I was not part of the allegedly "unanimous joy" that Cutler is gone and am still not part of that. It's clear that Scheff will also be gone and its now becoming increasingly clear that Marshall will be gone as well. Regardless of who was coaching the team, those guys were supposed to be the key skill position players on this offense...all very good talents. It just saddens me that they are all gone in such a short period. It will be difficult to replace them. It was bad enough getting rid of Jay.....but Marshall and Scheffler, too? That's alot of on field production that will have to be replaced.

As you know, there are only finite resources. We do have to extend Dumervil because he's the team's only consistent pass rushing threat. Denver will also probably need to upgrade one of the three spots on the DL and also get a little younger at CB. It is difficult to do all these things while at the same time devoting the resources to acquire a real QB after Orton, and a couple new quality recieving options.

Fusionfrontman
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
How is taking 2 great offensive weapons out of the must win game Sunday and eliminating our best chances of making the playoffs in the best interest of the team? Your punishing everyone. I don't think anyone gets how important Marshal;l is to this team. I cant stansd this ****

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 01:54 PM

I think it’s totally legitimate to compare a football team going 2-7 to the holocaust. Personally I would have used a 9-11 metaphor but that’s just me.

slyinky
01-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Really? You are going to put McDaniels in the same category as a man who executed Millions of people and destroyed multiple countries in his quest for power? Really? Yes, because benching a couple of mouthbreathing jocks who think they are above the team is so the same thing as committing acts of genocide.

Really? You have to be kidding me. Does not anyone have a sense of humor anymore? What? Too soon? lol

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
What rock did you crawl out from under, you need to clean up your language or get off this site....

Please.....

Now you're going to jump on the high road? C'mon! I apologize if I offended your fragile sensibilities. Now pull up your skirt and rejoin the conversation.

The time has come for the fans that do not appreciate what our favorite NFL team has become to speak out. We are fans... and we don't appreciate what the new coach has done. I don't want to give him a chance. I want him on the first plane back to New England or whatever rock he crawled out from under.

His beady eyes offend me. The way his beady eyes are constantly shifting back and forth offend me. His attitude offends me. His arrogance offends me. His short stature offends me. His stupid ass haircut offends me. His hoody wearing ass offends me. The fact he came from NE offends me. And you know what? The fact that you like him offends me.

You both need to be tarred and feathered.

Pony Boy
01-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Give us names of the half of the team?

Florida_Bronco
01-02-2010, 02:02 PM

I am SOOOO glad to see you back here. :spit: :thumbsup:

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Really? You have to be kidding me. Does not anyone have a sense of humor anymore? What? Too soon? lol

Actually I have a fine sense of humor, but first of all that wasn't funny and exaggeration as a form of making a point (i.e. the use of Hyperbole) should use more effective examples. This was not one.

If the said poster wanted to point out that McDaniels was a dictator there are many more effective historical figures to use, that aren't tied to someone as clearly divisive as that crapbag. Personally, I would've used either Henry the VIII who threw the Catholic Church out of England in order to increase his personal power and eliminate any competing sources of power. Or better yet, Napoleon...I mean small man complex for goodness sakes...that would've been funny. Hitler is not funny, except possibly in a Charlie Chaplin movie.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
By Big 3, I was referring to the offense: Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler. As you know, I was not part of the allegedly "unanimous joy" that Cutler is gone and am still not part of that. It's clear that Scheff will also be gone and its now becoming increasingly clear that Marshall will be gone as well. Regardless of who was coaching the team, those guys were supposed to be the key skill position players on this offense...all very good talents. It just saddens me that they are all gone in such a short period. It will be difficult to replace them. It was bad enough getting rid of Jay.....but Marshall and Scheffler, too? That's alot of on field production that will have to be replaced.

As you know, there are only finite resources. We do have to extend Dumervil because he's the team's only consistent pass rushing threat. Denver will also probably need to upgrade one of the three spots on the DL and also get a little younger at CB. It is difficult to do all these things while at the same time devoting the resources to acquire a real QB after Orton, and a couple new quality recieving options.

marshall wants to be paid, thats it. this final thing that happened is most definitely a part of that, if he gets injured in teh final game, cut 25% off his contract, and he knows that. mcdaniels wanted him to play through the pain because we need him now, but marshall isnt willing to risk it because hes not 100%. both sides are definitely understandable in this situation, but its not anywhere close to proof that marshall is gone.

ZachKC
01-02-2010, 02:10 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/2m64r51.jpg

slyinky
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM

Seriously dude...... you should pull the stick out of your ass before you log on. My god, this site has gone to the crapper. Bunch of uptight little whiners.

This is why I rarely come here anymore. Could you please ban me TJ for my callous remark so I am no longer tempted to log on? Pleaseeee.

Atwater His Ass
01-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Some of the players are having a hard time understanding that the team comes before the individual.

I like all this rah-rah tough guy talk.

We're 2-7 in our last 9 games. We'll become, what, the 3rd? team in NFL history to miss the playoffs after starting 6-0. We'll be the 1st team ever to have a 3 1/2 division game lead at sometime during the season and miss the playoffs.

How do you explain that and when did it become acceptable to lose? You cannot justify this season using the "he's a first year coach" excuse. We started 6-0. It's embarrassing.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM

We're 2-7 in our last 9 games. We'll become, what, the 3rd? team in NFL history to miss the playoffs after starting 6-0. We'll be the 1st team ever to have a 3 1/2 division game lead at sometime during the season and miss the playoffs.

How do you explain that and when did it become acceptable to lose? You cannot justify this season using the "he's a first year coach" excuse. We started 6-0. It's embarrassing.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM

interesting you were gone for 6 weeks while we were winning, then you come back and start crying as soon as we start losing. i would bet money youd rather mcdaniels lose games than win them juts so you can bitch and cry.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Seriously dude...... you should pull the stick out of your ass before you log on.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
interesting you were gone for 6 weeks while we were winning, then you come back and start crying as soon as we start losing. i would bet money youd rather mcdaniels lose games than win them juts so you can b**** and cry.

You need to be tarred and feathered with the rest of the coach's fan boys.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Actually I have a fine sense of humor, but first of all that wasn't funny and exaggeration as a form of making a point (i.e. the use of Hyperbole) should use more effective examples. This was not one.

If the said poster wanted to point out that McDaniels was a dictator there are many more effective historical figures to use, that aren't tied to someone as clearly divisive as that crapbag. Personally, I would've used either Henry the VIII who threw the Catholic Church out of England in order to increase his personal power and eliminate any competing sources of power. Or better yet, Napoleon...I mean small man complex for goodness sakes...that would've been funny. Hitler is not funny, except possibly in a Charlie Chaplin movie.

The coach is a piece of crap just like those other historical figures you mentioned. Since when do we start debating on how to compare turds?

Now readjust your panties and rejoin the thread.

Oh, if you're a "new coach" supporter you should be tarred and feathered.

bowtown
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
This place is a barrel of monkeys lately... million laughs.

Mecklomaniac
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
marshall wants to be paid, thats it. this final thing that happened is most definitely a part of that, if he gets injured in teh final game, cut 25% off his contract, and he knows that. mcdaniels wanted him to play through the pain because we need him now, but marshall isnt willing to risk it because hes not 100%. both sides are definitely understandable in this situation, but its not anywhere close to proof that marshall is gone.

This seems to be following the Cutler script. Temper tantrums by both coach and player held in the media. Soon to become irreconcilable differences. I sure want to see Marshall come back, but I don't see how. Just like a divorce, friends, teammates, fans seperating into camps biatching about the other side.

Marshall has been biatching about his contract for a couple of years, (probably at least somewhat justifiably so). I doubt he is going to negotiate in good faith with the Broncos, and fully expect him to pull a Cutler. He already tried it before training camp last year, this year he holds more cards.

Who knows what happens with the CBA, Doom and Orton, but I would expect to see Marshall traded, and don't expect to get much for him.

Pony Boy
01-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Seriously dude...... you should pull the stick out of your ass before you log on. My god, this site has gone to the crapper. Bunch of uptight little whiners.

This is why I rarely come here anymore. Could you please ban me TJ for my callous remark so I am no longer tempted to log on? Pleaseeee.

Let me quote you from from your post #52
Really? You have to be kidding me. Does not anyone have a sense of humor anymore?

So, the smoking dope remark just might of been a little tongue in cheek on my end.....:wave:

slyinky
01-02-2010, 02:34 PM

Hmmm, maybe you have a point. Let's see:

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Henry the VIII might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the King for Christ’s sake, let the man rule? his country." ---Some English dude.

Uh, I don't know. Doesn't really work for me. Let's try old Nap:

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Napoleon might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the Emperor for Christ’s sake, let the man rule his country." ---Some French dude.

Again, doesn't cut it for me. Sorry, I kind of like the Hitler one a little better. Maybe I just have a poor sense of humor. Anyways, thanks for the advise. I'll be sure to contact you before my next attempt at a funny.

Broncoman13
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Wow, you're a flippin idiot to misquote Graham that bad... twisting words doesn't begin to describe what you did. That was piss poor posting bud.

Florida_Bronco
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Well the big 3 should quit being cry baby pussies then. That kind of attitude is like a cancer and McDaniels is going to perform surgery on that ****.

Bottom line though, I think people are freaking out way too early over the Marshall situation. Anyone who has heard Josh talk about Brandon knows that Josh really likes him so I'm sure this little dust up will blow over. Not sure about Scheffler but given the recent info about him running off at the mouth to teammates I could care less if he's here or not now.

bowtown
01-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Hmmm, maybe you have a point. Let's see:

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Henry the VIII might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the King for Christ’s sake, let the man rule? his country." ---Some English dude.

Uh, I don't know. Doesn't really work for me. Let's try old Nap:

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Napoleon might be doing the same thing and is sorting out the bad apples..... He’s the Emperor for Christ’s sake, let the man rule his country." ---Some French dude.

Again, doesn't cut it for me. Sorry, I kind of like the Hitler one a little better. Maybe I just have a poor sense of humor. Anyways, thanks for the advise. I'll be sure to contact you before my next attempt at a funny.

Hitler jokes are played out and unorginal. Pol Pot woul have been my choice:

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Pol Pot might be doing the same thing and is forcing city dwellers to relocate to the countryside to work in collective farms and forced labor projects, toward a goal of "restarting civilization" in "Year Zero"?..... He’s the defacto leader for Christ’s sake, let the man rule his country."

watermock
01-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Just as I predicted.

I wanted a RB and a total revamp thru the draft and FA.

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Co-captain Daniel Graham said that while Marshall has been a good teammate this year, McDaniels was doing what was in the team's best interests.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4788055

slyinky
01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Hitler jokes are played out and unorginal. Pol Pot woul have been my choice:

"Everyone keeps questioning the reasons for the collapse, Have you thought that Pol Pot might be doing the same thing and is forcing city dwellers to relocate to the countryside to work in collective farms and forced labor projects, toward a goal of "restarting civilization" in "Year Zero"?..... He’s the defacto leader for Christ’s sake, let the man rule his country."

I like that, pretty good. The only possible problem is that this is a football forum and perhaps Pol Pot might be too obscure of a reference. But still, yeah, good job.

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 02:52 PM
The coach is a piece of crap just like those other historical figures you mentioned. Since when do we start debating on how to compare turds?

Now readjust your panties and rejoin the thread.

Oh, if you're a "new coach" supporter you should be tarred and feathered.

Well, to be honest, I was mostly just trying to find a way to jack the thread without resorting to boob jacking, though I suppose food jacking would work.

As for the coach thing, I support the team, not players not coach, the ****ing team. And my panties are just fine thank you. But I am already on record on my feelings about McD. More time is needed. One season is hardly adequate, though I wasn't thrilled about the Cutler thing nor the idea of hashing out team issues in the media, in the end it all doesn't ****ing matter anyway.

We can get our panties-boxers all knotted and twisted, but I doubt Pat Bowlen or Josh McDaniels give a rat's ass about our ops anyway. Now I return you to your boys regularly scheduled testosterone fest and I will duly keep my ops about hyperbole, bad analogies to myself in the kitchen where I belong. (please note the heavy use of sarcasm here)

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 02:54 PM

As has been stated by me in other threads, a close to .200 winning % once the NFL gets wind of what you are trying to do schematicallyis entering Rams, chiefs and browns territory......too bad others on this board think that like Mangini in Cleveland--we are actually headed in the right drection.....

background on mangini's outlandish claims:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/01/mangini-continues-to-compare-browns-to-patriots/

and by the way--the BROWNS are closing the season with 3 wins in a row and are 3-6 in their last nine games--bettering our 2-7 record. But keep on supporting this FRAUD fellow Bronco fans.......

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-02-2010, 02:56 PM
As has been stated by me in other threads, a close to .200 winning % once the NFL gets wind of what you are trying to do schematicallyis entering Rams, chiefs and browns territory......too bad others on this board think that like Mangini in Cleveland--we are actually headed in the right drection.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/01/mangini-continues-to-compare-browns-to-patriots/

and by the way--the BROWNS are closing the season with 3 wins in a row and are 3-6 in their last nine games--bettering our 2-7 record. But keep on supporting this FRAUD fellow Bronco fans.......

Why do you continue to ignore the rest of the season? Are the first 6 wins only in our imaginations?

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, to be honest, I was mostly just trying to find a way to jack the thread without resorting to boob jacking, though I suppose food jacking would work.

And why would you want to food jack a LEGITIMATE thread dealing with football, specifically a PLAYER ON THE TEAM STATING THAT THEIR IS A DISAGREEMENT BREWING IN OUR FAVORITE TEAM'S LOCKEROOM?

YOU SHOULD BE GIVEN 4 WEEK VACATION. STEP UP MODS.

Cool Breeze
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM

We're a long way from 4-11

bowtown
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
And why would you want to food jack a LEGITIMATE thread dealing with football, specifically a PLAYER ON THE TEAM STATING THAT THEIR IS A DISAGREEMENT BREWING IN OUR FAVORITE TEAM'S LOCKEROOM?

Reverse racism.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Why do you continue to ignore the rest of the season? Are the first 6 wins only in our imaginations?

what was the offseason mantra after hiring this relatively inexperienced coach?

"He will be installing his new offensive system and Nolan installing the 3-4, so it may take awhile for our team to find their legs--we need to show improvemant as the season progresses..that will be a sign of success. "

Guess what--while the familiarity with McDaniels System's are increasing--our productivity is DECREASING. why will you not acknowledge that our first six games were largely due to Nolan's creativity--as evidenced by the close to record setting numbers that we were seeing our defense produce......once that facade evaporated--WE HAVE BEEN LEFT WITH NO CLOTHES.

cutthemdown
01-02-2010, 03:04 PM
LOL Scheffs numbers have always been crap. He shows a flash, then you don't hear from him for a couple weeks or he gets dinged like yrs past. He's an average player who doesn't play Mcdaniels style at all. He is soft and non physical IMO.

DenverBrit
01-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Not until loud mouth whiners, like you, who b**** and complain all day are given 'vacations.'

Seriously, do you have any idea how pathetic you appear??

Northman
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Marshall would never lie....err....wait...

Meck77
01-02-2010, 03:08 PM

You should be banned for making bets and refusing to pay. You owe me 25 bucks bitch.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Yep! Can't wait to see what the 2010 season brings. McD had better work his magic anything less than 8-8 will be unexceptable. If the McD purge results in 6-10 or worse.....the 2011 season will probably be his last.

Stay Tuned.......Just Win Baby!:thumbsup:

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 03:10 PM

okay, well Mods, if I must take a vacation please feel free to give it to me. But I don't recall food or boob jacking of any kind of thread being a bannable offense. If I am wrong, please MODS, feel free to correct me.

But if you intended this thread to be entirely serious football, why call the coach McGenius? Yes, I got the sarcasm, but if you were looking for an actual discussion why not call him McDaniels in the title and then illustrate in opening post why his leadership has been poor and why he is losing the lockerroom? Sarcasm tends to lend itself to less serious discussion, but that's an opinion.

As I said, if I need to be banned, really that's totally cool. I was trying to lighten the mood and it obviously backfired. Honestly I wish you guys well. I apologize for dragging this thread down. Have a happy 2010!

bowtown
01-02-2010, 03:13 PM
okay, well Mods, if I must take a vacation please feel free to give it to me. But I don't recall food or boob jacking of any kind of thread being a bannable offense. If I am wrong, please MODS, feel free to correct me.

But if you intended this thread to be entirely serious football, why call the coach McGenius? Yes, I got the sarcasm, but if you were looking for an actual discussion why not call him McDaniels in the title and then illustrate in opening post why his leadership has been poor and why he is losing the lockerroom? Sarcasm tends to lend itself to less serious discussion, but that's an opinion.

As I said, if I need to be banned, really that's totally cool. I was trying to lighten the mood and it obviously backfired. Honestly I wish you guys well. I apologize for dragging this thread down. Have a happy 2010!

Come on, don't take that to heart. He writes in size 70 font. How can you take anything he says seriously?

Los Broncos
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I almost wish coach would get fired just so some people would shut up.

Paladin
01-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I feel a civil war coming on. Brother against brother, fan against fan.

I say... fook the coach and any piece of **** person that follows him.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Bang!!!

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Not until loud mouth whiners, like you, who b**** and complain all day are given 'vacations.'

apparently, b**** and complain= Objective observation to you

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 03:18 PM

Because Tony's words SAY IT ALL despite your inability to process that fact......

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
You should be banned for making bets and refusing to pay. You owe me 25 bucks b****.

I owe you a tampon for your bleeding vag......

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 03:21 PM

I think it’s sexy when you use your big font. Keep it up big boy you are making me hot.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Marshall would never lie....err....wait...

McDaniel's would never lie either!;)

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I think it’s sexy when you use your big font. Keep it up big boy you are making me hot.

you need to add an antipsychotic to your ADHD med inspired username--how about

'Lev Vyvanse-Clozaril'

You can Pm the mods for the name change.......congrats.

Cito Pelon
I'll focus on Xanders. He looks suspiciously Aryan. Who makes up an alias like "Xanders"? Maybe "Xanders" was a clone of one of those Nazi's that went to Argentina. He does look suspiciously Aryan. Put a black toothbrush on his upper lip, and who does he look like? Uh-huh.

"X" as in X-nazi.
"a" as in Adolph.
"n" as in Nazi.
"d" as in defense. He hired Nolan, right? Another Aryan.
"e" as in eliminate Jews like Marshall, Stokley, Royal, Scheffler, Hillis, Cutler. Their noses gave them away.
"r" as in reduce dissent.
"s" as in So long, Jew-boyS.

uplink
Graham has been quoted saying it needed to be done.... "Coach's decision," said Broncos tight end Daniel Graham, who will play Sunday despite a knee injury and was trying his best to not take sides in the rift. "He's doing what he thinks is best for the team."

you should work in politics, one of those spin doctors who talk to the press after speeches and debates maybe.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM
you need to add an antipsychotic to your ADHD med inspired username--how about

'Lev Vyvanse-Clozaril'

You can Pm the mods for the name change.......congrats.

You know just how to talk to me. Making me so hot.

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Because Tony's words SAY IT ALL despite your inability to process that fact......

Tony's words? One player's opinion is a fact? Scheffler is entitled to his opinion no doubt, but as it was pointed out, he's likely to be angry about being benched and therefore the veracity of his opinion as a fact is somewhat questionable.

All lockerrooms have disgruntled players at some point or another. Some of them are even dumb enough to express it publicly (and that's a criticism of the coach and managment as well if they are doing the same thing). But Scheff's comments indicate to me some of the same things that Cutler's comments did, mostly that he's looking for an out. And unfortunately or fortunately he will likely get it. I am not a fan of chaos, not in the lockerroom or anywhere really, but sometimes it forces necessary change.

It's all too bad really, I would love it if these guys (coaches, player and managment) could keep the internal squabbling to themselves. It doesn't actual enlighten anyone and it creates a negative environment for everyone including fans who can only read it, analyze it and have no real input to it.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL Scheffs numbers have always been crap. He shows a flash, then you don't hear from him for a couple weeks or he gets dinged like yrs past. He's an average player who doesn't play Mcdaniels style at all. He is soft and non physical IMO.

Funny how the stats of the following players have all droped off: Royal, Scheff, and Hillis. Just a bit odd.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
You should be banned for making bets and refusing to pay. You owe me 25 bucks b****.

Dude's cash value is the number of cinder blocks he can steal.

Paladin
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM

I thought Mel Brooks had a somewhat hunorously interesting take on him. My German cousins didn't like it much, though. They lived through it. I do agree with your basic statement.

But you are taking this clustersnit wrong. You should just sit back and allow people to show you just how stupid they are. Most of this would be hilarious because it involves a football team, an entertainment venue, but the polarization of the board is too reminiscent of the polarization in the US tiday. That makes it sad.

Neither side is going to agree with the other. Ever. So I am interested in who starts a different Board and invites one side or the other to join it. Frankly, cooler heads will not prevail here.

Now, Rant On!!!!!

NYBronco
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Yep! Can't wait to see what the 2010 season brings. McD had better work his magic anything less than 8-8 will be unexceptable. If the McD purge results in 6-10 or worse.....the 2011 season will probably be his last.

Stay Tuned.......Just Win Baby!:thumbsup:

A little early to say a 6 -10 next season would be worse. This seasons off season many had us lucky to win 3 let alone 4. And many have a hard time recognizing the 6 and oh start.

I will stay tuned with my usual Bronco opitimism and watch McD put together HIS Bronco team.

prodigalson139
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Some insight...maybe...take it for what it is worth...(sorry if already posted)

been a McDaniel supporter, but according to SI's Jim Trotter:

----

http://twitter.com/SI_JimTrotter/status/7309673900

the more i learn about the mcdaniels-marshall situation, the more it looks like mcdaniels was waaaaayyyyyy out of line. #broncos
about 2 hours ago from web

------

Pride comes before a fall...been a supporter of McDaniels, but you need to be BALANCED in your leadership...yes your position affords you respect/honor, but you ALSO have to earn it as well..

Sounds to me like McDaniels is "potentially" heading to be "overdrawn" in his positionally respect/honor account...he needs to be accountable to his role/responsibility as head coach.

In the abundance of words there is much foolishness...i.e. sometimes it is BETTER & WISER to close your mouth. Just sayin.

Holding out hope that ego & "Josh's" way does not go overboard and destroy one of the simple joys in my life...watching Bronco football

NYBronco
01-02-2010, 03:51 PM

If this doesn't work, well... we'll try something new. But, thus far... I see an improved team on the field.

The me first guys need to go if they won't meld with the team and do their jobs.

McD probably has seen enough of the players behind the "super stars" to feel confident enough to make the stand he is making.

baja
01-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Scheffler has failed to accept tough coaching since his first year here so I don't really put any value in what he may have said.

ON a side note, coaches who punish through the media are truly weak. If you're the man McD, and you rule with an iron fist, take these people to task face to face.

Weaksauce.

This is my issue too, at least keep it in house. I doubt if even the players buying into Josh's program are good with this media thing with McD calling out Marshall publicly.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Should have locked the thread right after this...

Lose to the chefs to finish 2-8 after a 6-0 start... Wow... this will be a rough offseason.

DenverBrit
01-02-2010, 03:58 PM
apparently, b**** and complain= Objective observation to you

No, you just bitch and complain....you're another chronic whiner. That's all.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM

Weaksauce.

This is my issue too, at least keep it in house. I doubt if even the players buying into Josh's program are good with this media thing with McD calling out Marshall publicly.

Eh, we really don't know what went on between them two. They've butted heads before. McD has been much more circumspect before concerning Marshall, now he's maybe, just maybe shown a case of the nerves before an absolutely, positively, no doubt about it must-win situation.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 04:03 PM

Lose to the chefs to finish 2-8 after a 6-0 start... Wow... this will be a rough offseason.

We have been warned. Dave was bad in 2009, whoo boy, he's just getting warmed up now we've hit 2010.

baja
01-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Welcome back my lovely. Good to see you here.

Good people take out the trash not the other way around my dear.

Now stay here ya hear? ;D

Gutless Drunk
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Well Josina Anderson has all sorts of "anonymous sources" and "unnamed persons close to the situation" and mysterious "well-placed supporters" who think Mcdaniels is losing the locker room. Which she documents in her typical cohesive and unique style. Behold.....

By Josina Anderson

--January 1st, 9:48pmMST---

Notes from Various Conversations:

I talked with several people early Friday afternoon in regards to the shocking announcement that Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall will be benched for the team’s pivotal game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

One well-placed supporter said that Marshall was caught by surprise with McDaniels’ decision to air his displeasure to the media in the manner that he did Friday.

“I know one report came out saying (Marshall) was supposed to play this Sunday. Who do you think leaked that? All Josh had to do was not make any comment, and if Brandon didn’t play people would have just assumed that report was wrong. Or that perhaps (Marshall’s) hamstring injury was worse than what was said before,” said the source.

The fact that McDaniels chose not to play his cards this way had one NFL general manger advising Friday that Marshall’s camp should just keep very quiet right now because, “Josh McDaniels has made a big mistake on how he handled this one.”

Now this is not the first time that Marshall’s toughness has been called into question when it comes to an injury.

In August of 2007, Mike Shanahan basically told Marshall that he would not be allowed to wait until every inch of pain went away in his quadriceps before he got back out on the practice field.

I remember being there that Friday morning when Marshall got called out and was forced to get back into camp.

Marshall deferred to Shanahan back then.

“He said it was just to challenge me, to see if I was mentally strong,” Marshall said in 2007. “He knew that I was in pain, and that it hurt, but he also knows it’s one of those things where you have to get out there, push yourself and be mentally tough.”

Fast forward two years later to now as Marshall seems more adamant about knowing his body and less inclined to bend to McDaniels’ lack of experience today.

"I don't think coach ever played in the NFL, so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level," Marshall said Friday. "So, I have battled through a lot of injuries before. I played last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here."

So is there any more to this?

Some of the media in Denver think so.

When my flight first arrived in Colorado Friday morning, I received a call from a colleague immediately alerting me to the latest “McMarshall” drama.

In that cell conversation, this colleague said they had received information that McDaniels was pointing out in his “side chatter” that he wasn’t totally pleased with the effort Marshall had in the latter portion of the Eagles game. However, in the review of the tape that another one of their colleagues made they both concluded McDaniels was being way too hard on Brandon (if this side chatter is true).

Now I remember seeing Marshall upset on the sidelines myself against the Eagles because I attended the game in Philadelphia. I even pulled out my binoculars and watched him intently for a good amount of time. Still, I attributed Marshall’s emotions to his frustration at dropping balls he normally catches. I don’t remember thinking that Marshall wasn’t giving it his all at the end of the game.

With that said, I later asked my leading source if anything from the Eagles game is factoring into this sudden fissure between Marshall and McDaniels?

“Not that I know of right now. Look at it, Brandon has made a point this year to be about his business and not be a distraction. Even when it felt like McDaniels was purposely not going to him to make a point earlier this season that the Broncos could win without him much involved, Brandon bit his toungue. You remember that’s when it seemed like they were feeding everybody but Brandon getting (Brandon) Stokley and Jabar (Gaffney) going,” said this well-placed Marshall supporter.

This source noted that consistent integration into Mcdaniels' play calls (as far as how many times Marshall was targeted not just actual catches made) didn’t really seem to change or improve until after the Cowboys game when Marshall showed publicly he was buying into McDaniels’ system with the infamous hug they shared after Marshall’s game winning play.

“How could you question his passion? Who was the one that got into (Broncos running back) Knowhson Moreno’s face when they got into it on the sidelines that game? Brandon. That’s because he wants to win, and he was just trying to tell him to get it together. Then you look at how he put his heart out on the line against the Colts in that 21 catch game. Come on Josina.”

The same source cited the Broncos home game against the Raiders Dec.20 as another example.

“I believe that’s the game he was getting blasted with those monster hits, but he got right back up. A lesser man would have stop playing, but he got back in there. So to have done all this, all season, and to be questioned like this now seems to make no sense.”

There were intimations that McDaniels is buffering himself now because perhaps he feels the walls crashing in on him after going 2-7 in the last nine games.

“Man, McDaniels knows the pendulum is swinging back on him. The fact that he finished the season like this is worse. Forget about being 6-0 early on. I heard people are really going to give him a hard time for this,” added this well-placed source.

In more off-the-record conversations about the latest "McMarshall" drama, another Broncos player also indicated that “those two have been butting heads this week, and Brandon would just prefer not to risk further injury especially after his own team messed up his hip (diagnosis) last season. Brandon already had to have surgery for that.”

In my own side note, I told the leading source of this blog that I had just finished writing an article where Broncos defensive end Vonnie Holliday helped me to take a pulse of the team with their season now on the brink. I said I could tell some issues were boiling behind the scenes and I thought it was a good time to lift the lid and see what was going on before the Broncos learned their playoff fate. (See Denver_Sports_Insider blog.)

"Let me tell you, I truly believe that locker room is split with Mike Shanahan’s guys versus Josh’s guys. No one is going to say that but look at what is going on with (Peyton) Hillis. I even heard that Elvis (Dumervil) got into it with McDaniels or was not happy with him at some point,” alleged the source.

I wondered how this could be when Dumervil leads the league in sack total. What possible problem could McDaniels have with one of the best defenders in the league?

“Obviously the defense fell off a bit, and McDaniels has his say in the defense as well trust me. (McDaniels) must have not liked something at some point because the word is that he said to Elvis, or at least said about him that, ‘it can’t be about sacks all the time.’ Now look at what is going on with Scheffler. I just think guys sense Josh has more of a favoring trust in his own guys,” opined the same source.

I’ll have more about Scheffler’s deactivation for the Chiefs game Sunday as well in my next “Insider Notes” blog.

But in conclusion about Marshall, this source said, “believe me, Brandon showed a lot of strength and professionalism today in that locker room after hearing how McDaniels put him under the bus. I know Marshall has been told to just focus on rehab. All I can say is (McDaniels’) immaturity is really coming to right now.”

For insider scoops and breaking news alerts follow Josina Anderson on twitter at www.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson"

baja
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM

One thing you might like is if we lose to the Chiefs you won't see me around here until next season.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Well Josina Anderson has all sorts of "anonymous sources" and "unnamed persons close to the situation" and mysterious "well-placed supporters" who think Mcdaniels is losing the locker room. Which she documents in her typical cohesive and unique style. Behold.....

By Josina Anderson

Good god she sucks at her job.

uplink
01-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Josina Anderson just wants to be on BMarsh's team, right? <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TheDave
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
One thing you might like is if we lose to the Chiefs you won't see me around here until next season.

Did you make one of those damn bets again?

HAT
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/the_hat_album/bf7.jpg

Mr.Meanie
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM

By Josina Anderson

--January 1st, 9:48pmMST---

Notes from Various Conversations:

I talked with several people early Friday afternoon in regards to the shocking announcement that Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall will be benched for the team’s pivotal game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

One well-placed supporter said that Marshall was caught by surprise with McDaniels’ decision to air his displeasure to the media in the manner that he did Friday.

“I know one report came out saying (Marshall) was supposed to play this Sunday. Who do you think leaked that? All Josh had to do was not make any comment, and if Brandon didn’t play people would have just assumed that report was wrong. Or that perhaps (Marshall’s) hamstring injury was worse than what was said before,” said the source.

The fact that McDaniels chose not to play his cards this way had one NFL general manger advising Friday that Marshall’s camp should just keep very quiet right now because, “Josh McDaniels has made a big mistake on how he handled this one.”

Now this is not the first time that Marshall’s toughness has been called into question when it comes to an injury.

In August of 2007, Mike Shanahan basically told Marshall that he would not be allowed to wait until every inch of pain went away in his quadriceps before he got back out on the practice field.

I remember being there that Friday morning when Marshall got called out and was forced to get back into camp.

Marshall deferred to Shanahan back then.

“He said it was just to challenge me, to see if I was mentally strong,” Marshall said in 2007. “He knew that I was in pain, and that it hurt, but he also knows it’s one of those things where you have to get out there, push yourself and be mentally tough.”

Fast forward two years later to now as Marshall seems more adamant about knowing his body and less inclined to bend to McDaniels’ lack of experience today.

"I don't think coach ever played in the NFL, so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level," Marshall said Friday. "So, I have battled through a lot of injuries before. I played last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here."

So is there any more to this?

Some of the media in Denver think so.

When my flight first arrived in Colorado Friday morning, I received a call from a colleague immediately alerting me to the latest “McMarshall” drama.

In that cell conversation, this colleague said they had received information that McDaniels was pointing out in his “side chatter” that he wasn’t totally pleased with the effort Marshall had in the latter portion of the Eagles game. However, in the review of the tape that another one of their colleagues made they both concluded McDaniels was being way too hard on Brandon (if this side chatter is true).

Now I remember seeing Marshall upset on the sidelines myself against the Eagles because I attended the game in Philadelphia. I even pulled out my binoculars and watched him intently for a good amount of time. Still, I attributed Marshall’s emotions to his frustration at dropping balls he normally catches. I don’t remember thinking that Marshall wasn’t giving it his all at the end of the game.

With that said, I later asked my leading source if anything from the Eagles game is factoring into this sudden fissure between Marshall and McDaniels?

“Not that I know of right now. Look at it, Brandon has made a point this year to be about his business and not be a distraction. Even when it felt like McDaniels was purposely not going to him to make a point earlier this season that the Broncos could win without him much involved, Brandon bit his toungue. You remember that’s when it seemed like they were feeding everybody but Brandon getting (Brandon) Stokley and Jabar (Gaffney) going,” said this well-placed Marshall supporter.

This source noted that consistent integration into Mcdaniels' play calls (as far as how many times Marshall was targeted not just actual catches made) didn’t really seem to change or improve until after the Cowboys game when Marshall showed publicly he was buying into McDaniels’ system with the infamous hug they shared after Marshall’s game winning play.

“How could you question his passion? Who was the one that got into (Broncos running back) Knowhson Moreno’s face when they got into it on the sidelines that game? Brandon. That’s because he wants to win, and he was just trying to tell him to get it together. Then you look at how he put his heart out on the line against the Colts in that 21 catch game. Come on Josina.”

The same source cited the Broncos home game against the Raiders Dec.20 as another example.

“I believe that’s the game he was getting blasted with those monster hits, but he got right back up. A lesser man would have stop playing, but he got back in there. So to have done all this, all season, and to be questioned like this now seems to make no sense.”

There were intimations that McDaniels is buffering himself now because perhaps he feels the walls crashing in on him after going 2-7 in the last nine games.

“Man, McDaniels knows the pendulum is swinging back on him. The fact that he finished the season like this is worse. Forget about being 6-0 early on. I heard people are really going to give him a hard time for this,” added this well-placed source.

In more off-the-record conversations about the latest "McMarshall" drama, another Broncos player also indicated that “those two have been butting heads this week, and Brandon would just prefer not to risk further injury especially after his own team messed up his hip (diagnosis) last season. Brandon already had to have surgery for that.”

In my own side note, I told the leading source of this blog that I had just finished writing an article where Broncos defensive end Vonnie Holliday helped me to take a pulse of the team with their season now on the brink. I said I could tell some issues were boiling behind the scenes and I thought it was a good time to lift the lid and see what was going on before the Broncos learned their playoff fate. (See Denver_Sports_Insider blog.)

"Let me tell you, I truly believe that locker room is split with Mike Shanahan’s guys versus Josh’s guys. No one is going to say that but look at what is going on with (Peyton) Hillis. I even heard that Elvis (Dumervil) got into it with McDaniels or was not happy with him at some point,” alleged the source.

I wondered how this could be when Dumervil leads the league in sack total. What possible problem could McDaniels have with one of the best defenders in the league?

“Obviously the defense fell off a bit, and McDaniels has his say in the defense as well trust me. (McDaniels) must have not liked something at some point because the word is that he said to Elvis, or at least said about him that, ‘it can’t be about sacks all the time.’ Now look at what is going on with Scheffler. I just think guys sense Josh has more of a favoring trust in his own guys,” opined the same source.

I’ll have more about Scheffler’s deactivation for the Chiefs game Sunday as well in my next “Insider Notes” blog.

But in conclusion about Marshall, this source said, “believe me, Brandon showed a lot of strength and professionalism today in that locker room after hearing how McDaniels put him under the bus. I know Marshall has been told to just focus on rehab. All I can say is (McDaniels’) immaturity is really coming to right now.”

For insider scoops and breaking news alerts follow Josina Anderson on twitter at www.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson"

I had always suspected that movie "State of Play" was based on Josina. This just confirms it. Brilliant!

TheDave
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
We have been warned. Dave was bad in 2009, whoo boy, he's just getting warmed up now we've hit 2010.

Sorry let me be cito-fence-sitter...

Well gosh, I don't really know, I guess well just have to wait and see.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Tony's words? One player's opinion is a fact? .

one player's quotation is worth 1000x whatever any poster here thinks....

Donk
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM

I didn't know you are a Jew?

baja
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Ignore this guy my dear he is not worth a response.

baja
01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Did you make one of those damn bets again?

Na I just want no part of what will be the off season around here if the Broncos lose to KC at home with a chance to make the playoffs.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Na I just want no part of what will be the off season around here if the Broncos lose to KC at home with a chance to make the playoffs.

Let's just hope that doesn't happen... Not that there is any way I could feel any worse than I did after the Raiders game.

uplink
watch out BMarsh, Josina is regularly watching you through binoculars. Pull the curtains.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

broncofan7

and where is your faith in Josh McGenius? why should an 8 win team fear a 3 win team when the 8 win team has a playoff berth on the line?

Gort
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Napoleon wasn't short. he was slightly above average in height for his era at 5'7".

http://wtf.thebizzare.com/offbeat/culture/the-20-greatest-historical-myths

eddie mac
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873

All but buried amid the Brandon Marshall drama is Broncos coach Josh McDan- iels' benching of tight end Tony Scheffler for the game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs for a non-injury-related reason.

Scheffler has been frustrated by his reduced role this season — he has 31 catches for 416 yards in 15 games, after catching 40 passes for 645 yards in 13 games last year.

He apparently expressed his frustration to a few teammates after the Broncos' 30-27 loss last Sunday to Philadelphia, and Scheffler was informed Wednesday by an assistant coach that he would not be dressing for the game Sunday against the Chiefs and would spend the week of practice on the scout squad.

"To be honest, I haven't even heard from Josh," Scheffler said.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14108873#ixzz0bU62TfMp

That is so funny. Scheff gurns to his teammates, one of them tells the coaching staff, then they let on to him that they actually give 2 ****s that he's been dropped.

****ing hilarious. Welcome to the NFL Scheff, you had it ****ing easy on Mr I'll take anyone's squad.

uplink
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Josina's on the case
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/11xa0JceLv8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/11xa0JceLv8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

baja
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Let's just hope that doesn't happen... Not that there is any way I could feel any worse than I did after the Raiders game.

McD made a huge mistake trying to get players built for the ZBS to play another style. I'm starting to have doubts.....

baja
01-02-2010, 04:44 PM
and where is your faith in Josh McGenius? why should an 8 win team fear a 3 win team when the 8 win team has a playoff berth on the line?

Dude don't quote me it makes me feel dirty.

Gort
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM

the fact is that Broncos fans have been in meltdown since we lost in the AFCC game to the Squeelers 4 years ago. it's been rough EVERY DAY SINCE THEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE UNTIL THE NEXT PLAYOFF VICTORY. McD would get a pass on all of this stuff if he would just produce a winner. but absent that, everything he does will be debated endlessly, as was everything Shanny did since that horrific home defeat at the hands of Worthlessburger and the Squeelers.

oubronco
01-02-2010, 04:51 PM
the Broncos season in a nutshell "As the World turns"

Blueflame
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Let me get this straight.... first you want to make a new rule (making the OM tradition of food-jacking a bannable offense on the same level as family smack) and then you want to imperiously command TJ's mods to enforce your new rule? ??? I was unaware that TJ left you in charge while he's on vacation... ::)

I don't take orders from you, BF7.

eddie mac
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
McD made a huge mistake trying to get players built for the ZBS to play another style. I'm starting to have doubts.....

It's his team mate, if he doesn't make the change now when does he start???

The MVPlaya
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
lol some guys love negativity. Anyways -

Scheffler isn't relevant anyways. Not sure why Scheffler is bitching when there are many other guys that put in work but are not playing.

What about Jack Williams for instance?

You guys do realize if Scheffler had caught that ball in the goal line on 3rd down - it would have massively boosted our chances to win, right? No one wants to talk about Scheffler not making the play but people want to talk about McDaniels "losing control" of the locker room, as if you guys are in there sniffing all their buttholes.

baja
01-02-2010, 05:29 PM

That's easy, when he has the players that CAN play his system. What was a stelar O line has been reduced to crap, they are not road graders they are smart athletic agile ZBS players.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
You know whats tasty? Prime Rib.

http://tinyurl.com/yg2a55j

:Broncos:

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 05:38 PM
You know whats tasty? Prime Rib.

http://tinyurl.com/yg2a55j

I had some for Christmas diner it was fantastic.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Let me get this straight.... first you want to make a new rule (making the OM tradition of food-jacking a bannable offense on the same level as family smack) and then you want to imperiously command TJ's mods to enforce your new rule? ??? I was unaware that TJ left you in charge while he's on vacation... ::)

I don't take orders from you, BF7.

do your job.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2693363&postcount=64

Per Taco John

Yes. If it's completely off topic - has absolutely no connection to it, and is nothing but disruptive to the advancement of the discussion, I won't have a problem banning him (or anyone) for it.

But there are grey lines in this task. It's not so black and white as anybody wants to believe.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I had some for Christmas diner it was fantastic.

Before Christmas I got together with some friends and ordered some. It was delicious. Good food.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm going to have filet mignon tonight. I've never cooked it before so any suggestions would be great. I plan on wrapping it in bacon, quickly searing each side, then cooking on med heat until done. Not sure if I’m going to use a rub or not.
http://trippcrosby.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/filet-mignon-ck-491665-l.jpg

Blueflame
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM
do your job.

I am. Unless or until TJ tells me to start banning people for food-jacking, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting for the hammer to fall.

TJ makes the rules around here. You don't. You're a guest in TJ's "house" just like the rest of us; you're not King Tut.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
do your job.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvmGn0709n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvmGn0709n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
01-02-2010, 05:47 PM
do your job.

Inserting food pics in threads (or discussing doing that) has never ever been a bannable offense at this forum. On the contrary, as Blue pointed out, its actually somewhat of a time honored tradition at the OM. It might be a good idea for you to watch your own conduct rather than go crying for people to be banned every time they disagree with your position on an issue.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Had burgers tonight for dinnah. They were pretty good.

http://tinyurl.com/ouj8hr

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm going to have filet mignon tonight. I've never cooked it before so any suggestions would be great. I plan on wrapping it in bacon, quickly searing each side, then cooking on med heat until done. Not sure if I’m going to use a rub or not.
http://trippcrosby.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/filet-mignon-ck-491665-l.jpg

I have heard you prepare it the way you prepare your steaks. A rub sounds good, with the bacon added.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Sunday we are having jambalaya.

http://tinyurl.com/cw399p

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I have heard you prepare it the way you prepare your steaks. A rub sounds good, with the bacon added.

Thanks, I'll tell you how it comes out.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 05:51 PM
As an excitable 33 year old first time HC McD needs first and foremost to demonstrate in no uncertain terms who is in charge and what he expects from his players. This is job one for McD. I do think however he should have kept the Marshall issue in house.

Meh! Everyone knows McD is in charge. Problem with McD is he's coaching in the century. McD would have been a perfect coach in the 60's and 70's during this time it was a coaches league, Shula, Lombardi, Noll etc. In the 21st Century like never before it has become a players league and players today are a different breed and its very difficult to make them fall in line b/c the HC told you so. Players are making way too much money today to allow the HC to dominate/own them, while the coach is using the Good of the Team as an excuse for his leadership, coaching style/decision and over all management decision. Put it this way to players in today's NFL its about a coaches integrity goes along way into buying into what the coach is selling.

Either way you look at while McD is making wholesale changes at various skill positions he is no doubt risking not being able to replace talented players who do not fit his system with less talented players who may not fit his system as well.

Right now the McD's offensive system is a dink-n-dunk and a cloud of dust!

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 05:51 PM

http://tinyurl.com/cw399p

I got to learn how to make that. It is so good.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:52 PM
And then on Monday, Spaghetti.

http://tinyurl.com/ylkkk7y

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Its awesome when you get it right. My mom is going to use leftover ham in it, so we'll see how it goes.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM

He appears as pathetic to you as you do to me. See... two sides to every coin. I'm sure other people find me offensive just like I'm sure there are people that like what I say. Doesn't matter. You find the realists on this board pathetic and I find the dreamers just as pathetic.

Peace... 2x

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
My family has a tradition of eating king crab legs and baked fries during Bronco games.
http://www.racestreetmarket.com/catalog/king%20crab.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/3434098230_a3d2b09842.jpg

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:59 PM
You know what else is really really good?

Sushi.

http://tinyurl.com/yf2vlaa

Archer81
01-02-2010, 05:59 PM
My family has a tradition of eating king crab legs and baked fries during Bronco games.
http://www.racestreetmarket.com/catalog/king%20crab.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/3434098230_a3d2b09842.jpg

Oh man, the last time I had good crab legs I was in NC 15 years ago.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM

You make the change gradually and not whole sale over night. McD could have continued to lets say call the passing plays, however Turner and Dennison should have called the running plays. This way the OL could have continued with their stretch-the-line ZBS. Then over a two or three year period McD could have started replacing the OL to fit his NE OL blocking scheme.

Imagine McD getting the street cred that he was able to win with mixing Shanny's system in with his own system over a 6 year period.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM

Sushi.

I don't know about sushi. But I am convinced that wasabi + soy sauce could make a butthole taste pretty good.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't know about sushi. But I am convinced that wasabi + soy sauce could make a butthole taste pretty good.

I am not big on Wasabi. But sushi is pretty good. I prefer Salmon and Tuna though to blowfish and eel. Thats just me.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Oh man, the last time I had good crab legs I was in NC 15 years ago.

If you cook them at home they are almost always great. The only bad crab I’ve ever eaten was at restaurants.

gyldenlove
01-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I am not big on Wasabi. But sushi is pretty good. I prefer Salmon and Tuna though to blowfish and eel. Thats just me.

Eel in sushi is all wrong.

I prefer eel slow smoked or fried with a bit of bread, it goes perfectly with scrambled eggs and chives or on a slice of dark rye.

I am not sure what I am having tomorrow, but a pasta dish is definitely not out of the picture. I haven't had a real good lasagne in ages, could do that.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
If you cook them at home they are almost always great. The only bad crab I’ve ever eaten was at restaurants.

In Swansboro, NC they have a restaurant called the White Oak. They have their own shrimp and crab boats. Best seafood because they get it fresh daily. But I will have to try to make crablegs at home and see how it goes.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Eel in sushi is all wrong.

I prefer eel slow smoked or fried with a bit of bread, it goes perfectly with scrambled eggs and chives or on a slice of dark rye.

I am not sure what I am having tomorrow, but a pasta dish is definitely not out of the picture. I haven't had a real good lasagne in ages, could do that.

Oh man, lasagna sounds good. I dont know about eel. It reminds me of earthworms and I wouldnt eat those.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I am. Unless or until TJ tells me to start banning people for food-jacking, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting for the hammer to fall.

TJ makes the rules around here. You don't. You're a guest in TJ's "house" just like the rest of us; you're not King Tut.

post #64

Yes. If it's completely off topic - has absolutely no connection to it, and is nothing but disruptive to the advancement of the discussion, I won't have a problem banning him (or anyone) for it.
But there are grey lines in this task. It's not so black and white as anybody wants to believe.

now explain to me how food jacking is 'on topic' and is not disruptive to the advancement of the discussion? DO YOUR JOB AS A MODERATOR.

bloodsunday
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Losing sux. Enough said.

McDaniels knows this team is very unlikely to make the post season. He is sending a message... and a good one IMO. Clearly when you suffer a 2 - 7 stretch to end a season -- for the third year in a row -- you have some work to do with the roster. I think it is very fair to question whether you had the right guys to begin with.

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh man, lasagna sounds good. I dont know about eel. It reminds me of earthworms and I wouldnt eat those.

here is another guy to ban --PER TACO

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
DO YOUR JOB AS A MODERATOR.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvmGn0709n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvmGn0709n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

broncofan7
01-02-2010, 06:16 PM

per TJ

Yes. If it's completely off topic - has absolutely no connection to it, and is nothing but disruptive to the advancement of the discussion, I won't have a problem banning him (or anyone) for it.But there are grey lines in this task. It's not so black and white as anybody wants to believe.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
here is another guy to ban --PER TACO

Did someone say TACOS?

http://tinyurl.com/yfdyu6o

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Chinese food, the best and worst food on the planet.
http://www.nanchang.se/culture/food/chinese_food.jpg

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
per TJ

Alright dude, you have got to quit teasing me. I NEED you NOW.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM

post #64

now explain to me how food jacking is 'on topic' and is not disruptive to the advancement of the discussion? DO YOUR JOB AS A MODERATOR.

Shut up you clown.

uplink
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM

Is it as good as Al's?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMI0dF6dEAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMI0dF6dEAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blueflame
01-02-2010, 06:21 PM

post #64

I'll wait for the message from TJ if it's all the same to you.

You've been informed by not just one, but two mods... that food-jacking has never been a bannable offense on this forum.... dunno what part of that is difficult for you to comprehend.

Again. You are not the boss here. I do not take my orders from you.

Mr.Meanie
01-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Shut up you clown.

oh snap

HAT
01-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Did someone say TACOS?

http://tinyurl.com/yfdyu6o

I wish they'd open a TJ's in SoCal. That Taco Burger looks tasty.

http://www.tacojohns.com/images/food/tacos/5TacoBurger.jpg

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I wish they'd open a TJ's in SoCal. That Taco Burger looks tasty.

http://www.tacojohns.com/images/food/tacos/5TacoBurger.jpg

Dude me too! Canon City has a taco bell...kind of sucks.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Shut up you clown.

Now this is when I wish I had the slow clap .gif file.

ZachKC
01-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Obviously not bannable but....

Food jacking a football thread on a football board is ummm...

A sad state of affairs?

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry let me be cito-fence-sitter...

Well gosh, I don't really know, I guess well just have to wait and see.

There's one game left, maybe more. Maybe I'll go on a rant after the season is over. You're not the boss of me.

DenverBrit
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
He appears as pathetic to you as you do to me. See... two sides to every coin. I'm sure other people find me offensive just like I'm sure there are people that like what I say. Doesn't matter. You find the realists on this board pathetic and I find the dreamers just as pathetic.

Peace... 2x

Fair enough.

Now as you find me 'pathetic' tell me what my position is.

Can you do that??

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Obviously not bannable but....

Food jacking a football thread on a football board is ummm...

A sad state of affairs?

Depends on the validity of the argument in question and whether or not the OP is a douche.

Do you like icecream? I do.

http://tinyurl.com/yl8no67

TheDave
01-02-2010, 06:37 PM
There's one game left, maybe more. Maybe I'll go on a rant after the season is over. You're not the boss of me.

Wow... hadn't heard that one since my 6 year old daughter threw it at me.

By the way, can't wait for that "Rant" :rofl:

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Are you trying to derail this thread?

TheDave
01-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Are you trying to derail this thread?

My bad... here is some food and the proper wait staff to make up for it. :thumbs:

http://www.blogiversity.org/blogs/cstanton/HAG18.jpg

baja
01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll wait for the message from TJ if it's all the same to you.

You've been informed by not just one, but two mods... that food-jacking has never been a bannable offense on this forum.... dunno what part of that is difficult for you to comprehend.

Again. You are not the boss here. I do not take my orders from you.

Why do you even respond to this clown Blue. Unlike Boob and a few other favorite wiping boys this guy is not good for the board. He has no redeeming qualities so 86 him and sit down have yourself a nice turkey sandwich.

I am sure TJ knows it would be a mistake to ban Boob because we need an adversary but it is a mistake to let this tool (BF7) prattle on while people get tired of the act and move on. I know he makes me think about it for what it worth.

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
My bad... here is some food and proper servers to make up for it.v:thumbs:

hey is that restaurant in Phoenix? My brother in law and nephew want to go there...I wonder why...;D

TheDave
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
hey is that restaurant in Phoenix? My brother in law and nephew want to go there...I wonder why...;D

I'm sure it's simply the food... ;D

ZachKC
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Depends on the validity of the argument in question and whether or not the OP is a douche.

How is the idea a coach could lose the support of an NFL locker room so nuts?

Especially the way the Broncos have been playing. Not saying that is the case but there are lot more jackassed things that have been discussed in a serious manner. I mean tsiguy96 is allowed to make threads.

ZachKC
01-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Why do you even respond to this clown Blue. Unlike Boob and a few other favorite wiping boys this guy is not good for the board. He has no redeeming qualities so 86 him and sit down have yourself a nice turkey sandwich.

I am sure TJ knows it would be a mistake to ban Boob because we need an adversary but it is a mistake to let this tool (BF7) prattle on while people get tired of the act and move on. I know he makes me think about it for what it worth.

So you just uhhh...ban people you don't like?

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Fair enough.

Now as you find me 'pathetic' tell me what my position is.

Can you do that??

Don't care. I just felt the need to point out that there are two sides to every coin. For every person that you find pathetic there are the same number of people that find you pathetic.

As far as I'm concerned I know that I rub certain people the wrong way. You know what? I don't care.

:wiggle:

Archer81
01-02-2010, 06:49 PM
How is the idea a coach could lose the support of an NFL locker room so nuts?

Especially the way the Broncos have been playing. Not saying that is the case but there are lot more jackassed things that have been discussed in a serious manner. I mean tsiguy96 is allowed to make threads.

Considering this board has polls and threads asking who does Denver hire when McDaniels gets fired, ridiculing a thread started by an asshat just seems to be fair turnaround, IMO.

With that said, do you like icecream?

Taco John
01-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I think I will hate Josh McDaniels if we don't beat the Chiefs tomorrow. This offseason is going to be hellish from a mod point of view if we lose.

ZachKC
01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I think I will hate Josh McDaniels if we don't beat the Chiefs tomorrow. This offseason is going to be hellish from a mod point of view if we lose.

http://chiefschatter.com/files/2009/12/JamaalCharles8.jpg

DenverBrit
Don't care. I just felt the need to point out that there are two sides to every coin. For every person that you find pathetic there are the same number of people that find you pathetic.

As far as I'm concerned I know that I rub certain people the wrong way. You know what? I don't care.

:wiggle:

You mean you don't know. Now THAT"S pathetic. :~ohyah!:

MaloCS

You're a better man then me. I hate the coach regardless of if we win tomorrow or not. Hell, I'll buy him a one way bus ticket back to the hole he climbed out of.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
You mean you don't know. Now THAT"S pathetic. :~ohyah!:

No I don't and I don't care to find out. Your opinion doesn't mean that much to me to take the time to find out. If I never ran across your name again I wouldn;t lose any sleep. You're meaningless to me. The only reason I responded your post was for purely selfish reasons.

:welcome:

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't like food-jacks too much, but there is nothing better than those 7/24 "taco" shops in Southern California. Roberto's, Aliberto's, Alberto's. Fresh food all the time, those little kiosks you can see them cooking the food.

Denver used to have them back in the '70's, interestingly enough they were called Taco Johns. Too bad they're still not around, sure was nice to zip into one at 0200 and get some enchiladas.

Blueflame
01-02-2010, 06:57 PM

If or when he breaks forum rules, he will be dealt with... but as long as he stays within the rules, it seems to me that "because he's annoying to some other posters" might not be a good enough reason.

oubronco
01-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't like food-jacks too much, but there is nothing better than those 7/24 "taco" shops in Southern California. Roberto's, Aliberto's, Alberto's. Fresh food all the time, those little kiosks you can see them cooking the food.

Denver used to have them back in the '70's, interestingly enough they were called Taco Johns. Too bad they're still not around, sure was nice to zip into one at 0200 and get some enchiladas.

MMMMMMMMMMMM Enchiladas

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM

well TJ, I get the sentiment, it seems unfair to expect McD to have turned around our team so completely this year. We lost to KC last year in a miserable game at Arrowhead and yes it helped build the case to replace Shanny. However, a few years before, the loss at KC was all Jake's fault and he got replaced, but having said that Jake had been on the team for 3 plus years and of course Shanny has been the face of Denver forever now. While the idea of losing to KC makes me want to hurl, I think McD has at least another year to prove himself.

My issues with this thread are varied and yes I did derail it at one point because I found the Hitler reference over the top and asinine and I also wanted the topic to move on. We get very negative very quickly these days. I think the 6-0 start gave us this idea we were much better than we currently are. I think McD is doing an okay job, but certainly has some learning to do. The bull**** in the locker room, again lies mainly on the players whining, but I also think McD should not have metioned it in the press conference. B7's issue with me, wanting me banned was at best childish. I mentioned trying to jack the thread, but I did respond to an actual topic in the thread, but even if I had foodjacked it, that's a stupid reason to ban people. Thread topics change course all the time, it's a natural part of conversation, even the silly food jacking and such is part of that.

Anyway, I hope we win tomorrow for all reasons. Though to be frank, even when we do, this board will still be full of bitchin and moaning, that also comes with the territory I suppose, but if it makes it easier, I will back out and give B7 what he wants. It's no skin off my back either way. I can talk to a lot of these guys on facebook anyway.

:kiss:

DenverBrit
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM
No I don't and I don't care to find out. Your opinion doesn't mean that much to me to take the time to find out. If I never ran across your name again I wouldn;t lose any sleep. You're meaningless to me. The only reason I responded your post was for purely selfish reasons.

:welcome:

LOL Then STFU. Ha!

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM

Why did you bring your daughter into this? I thought this was between men, and maybe kidding around some.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM
LOL Then STFU. Ha!

HA HA HA. Unbunch your panties and rejoin the topic at hand. Oh... did I mention that I find you pathetic?

ROFL!

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
My bad... here is some food and the proper wait staff to make up for it. :thumbs:

Okay then. I was going to report your post, but you have redeemed yourself.

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
HA HA HA. Unbunch your panties and rejoin the topic at hand. Oh... did I mention that I find you pathetic?

ROFL!

Oh don't be silly, those are my panties in a twist. I think DenverBrit goes commando or so I hear. :kiss:

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh don't be silly, those are my panties in a twist. I think DenverBrit goes commando or so I hear. :kiss:

LOL

Miss I,

Thanks for that. That response was straight up slap stick. Good job! :)

TheDave
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Why did you bring your daughter into this? I thought this was between men, and maybe kidding around some.

You threw down "Your not the boss of me", I was out of I'm rubber and your glue comebacks.

It is what it is...

gunns
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM

I'm not taking sides here but why is Scheffler more credible than anyone? He's presenting his side of the story. And there is always two sides to every story.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I thought this was between men

This is between men. Really hot men like broncofan7 and myself. He is so dreamy, it's obvious he wants me.

gunns
01-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Sushi.

Oh, I absolutely love good sushi!

I'm going to get some now. Thanks!

Archer81
01-02-2010, 07:19 PM
This is between men. Really hot men like broncofan7 and myself. He is so dreamy, it's obvious he wants me.

Wait...I thought BF7 was hot for me. Love triangle...

Archer81
01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh, I absolutely love good sushi!

I'm going to get some now. Thanks!

No problem. I like to think of myself as inspiration for awesome ideas.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 07:22 PM
well TJ, I get the sentiment, it seems unfair to expect McD to have turned around our team so completely this year. We lost to KC last year in a miserable game at Arrowhead and yes it helped build the case to replace Shanny. However, a few years before, the loss at KC was all Jake's fault and he got replaced, but having said that Jake had been on the team for 3 plus years and of course Shanny has been the face of Denver forever now. While the idea of losing to KC makes me want to hurl, I think McD has at least another year to prove himself.

My issues with this thread are varied and yes I did derail it at one point because I found the Hitler reference over the top and asinine and I also wanted the topic to move on. We get very negative very quickly these days. I think the 6-0 start gave us this idea we were much better than we currently are. I think McD is doing an okay job, but certainly has some learning to do. The bull**** in the locker room, again lies mainly on the players whining, but I also think McD should not have metioned it in the press conference. B7's issue with me, wanting me banned was at best childish. I mentioned trying to jack the thread, but I did respond to an actual topic in the thread, but even if I had foodjacked it, that's a stupid reason to ban people. Thread topics change course all the time, it's a natural part of conversation, even the silly food jacking and such is part of that.

Anyway, I hope we win tomorrow for all reasons. Though to be frank, even when we do, this board will still be full of b****in and moaning, that also comes with the territory I suppose, but if it makes it easier, I will back out and give B7 what he wants. It's no skin off my back either way. I can talk to a lot of these guys on facebook anyway.

:kiss:

Don't worry about bf7.

MaloCS
01-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm not taking sides here but why is Scheffler more credible than anyone? He's presenting his side of the story. And there is always two sides to every story.

You are correct in the "two sides" comment.

But... since we're not privy to what's going on behind closed doors all we have to go on is past experience. For me, I've seen a player in Scheffler that has not complained or rocked the boat. I've seen a person that has proven himself to be a team player and a stand up guy. Contrarily, I've seen the new coach rant and rave up and down the sideline, I've seen him throw players under the bus, I've seen him engage in verbal disputes with the opposition and I've heard him spew a ton of lies. As a result, I'm more inclined to believe what Scheff is saying over what the new coach is saying.

I know my opinion is not grounded in scientific fact but I tend to rely on the saying; "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a duck." In the case of the new coach he has a track record of lying so I consider everything coming out of his mouth a lie.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 07:34 PM
You threw down "Your not the boss of me", I was out of I'm rubber and your glue comebacks.

It is what it is...

It was a joke, meathead.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
It was a joke, meathead.

so was mine... ;)

baja
01-02-2010, 07:38 PM
So you just uhhh...ban people you don't like?

I don't think I have ever advocated banning anyone. I have had some hellacious fights with a few folks in the WPR forum some of the I have grown to truly dislike but I have never wanted to see them banned because they do bring something to the board. This guy BF7 brings nothing.

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Wait...I thought BF7 was hot for me. Love triangle...

You keep your hands off him you son of a bitch.

baja
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
If or when he breaks forum rules, he will be dealt with... but as long as he stays within the rules, it seems to me that "because he's annoying to some other posters" might not be a good enough reason.

You'll see. ;D

TheDave
01-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't think I have ever advocated banning anyone. I have had some hellacious fights with a few folks in the WPR forum some of the I have grown to truly dislike but I have never wanted to see them banned because they do bring something to the board. This guy BF7 brings nothing.

WTF?... I though we moved past the whole gold standard thing. ;D

Archer81
01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
You keep your hands off him you son of a b****.

Yo, my man. You wanna take this outside?

LOL...

TonyR
01-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I think I will hate Josh McDaniels if we don't beat the Chiefs tomorrow.

Then you've exposed your bias since you clearly didn't hate Shanahan after the debacle against the Chargers last year. You hate him already, just admit it.

baja
01-02-2010, 07:45 PM
WTF?... I though we moved past the whole gold standard thing. ;D

Just because you are wrong on that doesn't mean I don't like you sweetheart. ;D

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Yup.

Blueflame
01-02-2010, 07:50 PM
You'll see. ;D

That sounds ominous....Ha!

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Bf7 must like a good spanking.

baja
01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
That sounds ominous....Ha!

He'll end up being banned. You'll see.

He deteriorates the quality of the board in a way that people will grow bored of the negativity and move you just don't see it yet because you are so sweet and politically correct my dear. ;D

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 08:00 PM
so was mine... ;)

Daughter jokes are not funny. Meathead. Unless it's Stalin's daughter. Those are funny.

mhgaffney
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
The proliferation of this thread shows that the level of discontent is not limited to the team - or the locker room.

When the season is done -- we will need a new thread to evaluate McD -- and a poll.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 08:24 PM
well TJ, I get the sentiment, it seems unfair to expect McD to have turned around our team so completely this year.

Turn around our team? We were a 9-7 team last year. We didn't need "turned around." We needed to bridge a gap.

baja
01-02-2010, 08:24 PM
The proliferation of this thread shows that the level of discontent is not limited to the team - or the locker room.

When the season is done -- we will need a new thread to evaluate McD -- and a poll.

What's a poll???

baja
01-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Turn around our team? We were a 9-7 team last year. We didn't need "turned around." We needed to bridge a gap.

So now you are back off the McD bandwagon ???

baja
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
He's off - He's on - No He's off ;D

Boobs McGee
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
this thread is.......

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/Zorro412/captain-picard-full-of-win.jpg

Taco John
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
So now you are back off the McD bandwagon ???

Ask me tomorrow after the Chiefs game. This collapse is taking its toll on me.

No matter what, I won't be in favor of firing him. But if we lose to these bottom feeders, Josh will deserve all the fire he gets. There's no excuse for losing to both the Raiders and the Chiefs at home. None.

Archer81
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Did someone say...PIE?

http://tinyurl.com/yhwdcfw

Oh...poll...well...dang.

baja
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Ask me tomorrow after the Chiefs game. This collapse is taking its toll on me.

No matter what, I won't be in favor of firing him. But if we lose to these bottom feeders, Josh will deserve all the fire he gets. There's no excuse for losing to both the Raiders and the Chiefs at home. None.

Hypothetically would take Shanahan back?

MplsBronco
01-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Funny, I thought we were 8-8 with a fraudulent win against SD. 7-9 is more accurate. 52-21, late season home losses to Oak and Buffalo. Perhaps you are correct if you think the gap to be bridged could be equated to the Grand Canyon. There were/are serious problems with the team whether it be the culture, the attitude or whatever. I flat out saw guys give up during several games last year. Yet you expect it all to be magically corrected in 15 games.

MplsBronco
01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Then you've exposed your bias since you clearly didn't hate Shanahan after the debacle against the Chargers last year. You hate him already, just admit it.

It's obvious he does, which comforts me because TJ is historically on the wrong end of key football debates concering this team.

baja
01-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Funny, I thought we were 8-8 with a fraudulent win against SD. 7-9 is more accurate. 52-21, late season home losses to Oak and Buffalo. Perhaps you are correct if you think the gap to be bridged could be equated to the Grand Canyon. There were/are serious problems with the team whether it be the culture, the attitude or whatever. I flat out saw guys give up during several games last year. Yet you expect it all to be magically corrected in 15 games.

That says it for me. ;D

Taco John
01-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Hypothetically would take Shanahan back?

Absolutely. I think this season has been a complete joke in comparison to Shanahan's first season - or for that matter any of his rebuild seasons (1999, 2003, 2007). We're leaving this season with more uncertainty than we've seen since Wade Phillips.

The way this season has finished to date has convinced me that Bowlen hasn't made the right move, and that Shanahan should have been given one more year to finish the re-build that he was working on. He would have been expected to go to the playoffs or bust. That sure beats this "I expect us to finish strong - oh wait, I mean play hard while we're losing at home to Oakland down the stretch" stuff we're seeing around here.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 08:37 PM
It's obvious he does, which comforts me because TJ is historically on the wrong end of key football debates concering this team.

Not hardly. Looks like I was right about this one. This team hasn't taken a step forward. It's taken a step sideways. Maybe even back, if we lose tomorrow.

God I hope we don't lose tomorrow.

baja
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
KC 13 Denver 10

Lev Vyvanse
Bf7 must like a good spanking.

God I hope so.

Taco John
KC 13 Denver 10

Now you're just teasing me.

MplsBronco
01-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Not hardly. Looks like I was right about this one. This team hasn't taken a step forward. It's taken a step sideways. Maybe even back, if we lose tomorrow.

God I hope we don't lose tomorrow.

You're right about what? You're as bad as the rest of the drama queens on here so it's no wonder they run rampant. So McD gets judged on one year? Not in my book. I will judge him over the tenure of his career with the team and the state of the team when he leaves.

And how have we taken a step back? Yeah, we lost the last 3 games, one to an undefeated Indy team at Indy in which we had a serious chance to win the game, one to Oak in which we made a comeback and had the lead into the last minute of the game and one on a last second FG to a Philly team at Philly who is poised to perhaps capture the number 2 seed in the NFC. I suggest you put things into perspective and get a grip.