PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan's last 3 seasons as Bronco coach

barryr
01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Since the McDaniels' bashers, despite most(someone around here will still read this as "all") predicting fewer than 8 wins for this season, are now believing McDaniels should be fired for the team struggling at the end of the season. So let's look how wonderful Shanahan's teams did, not just his last season, but his last 3 seasons as Bronco coach.

9-7 record - NO PLAYOFFS

They lost 5 of their last 7 games, including 3 homes games in that stretch.

How many McDaniels' bashers called for Shanahan's firing then?

7-9 - NO PLAYOFFS

They lost 4 of their last 6 games that season.

8-8

Lost 4 of their last 6 games, including 2 home games.

But McDaniels should be fired though after ONE season, which is his first year as a coach no less, for not doing well at the end of the season? Just makes a ton of sense :thumbsup:

Maybe should start a thread showing just how "well" Shanahan drafted with defensive players. The number of draft busts rounds 1-4 would be astounding. Forget just defense, I still remember a Travis McGriff pick of his in the 3rd round. What the hell was that?

TheDave
01-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Who cares what people thought about Shanahan?

The fact is, our team has lost 7 out of 9, barring a miracle will now miss the playoffs after starting 6-0... and our coach is now publicly arguing with our star player.

Though I do not believe he should be fired for that, people have every right to be pissed regardless of what they said about Shanny.

barryr
01-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Duh, because that's the point. I don't recall saying people shouldn't be pissed. Where did I write that? Show me. I believe it was about showing that Shanahan's last 3 season as Bronco coach were of the same result, yet why call for a first year head coach's head but not an experienced coach who did no better? I don't see how that was hard to comprehend. I like how people don't read what's stated and imply what they want it to say.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Duh, because that's the point.

Yeah... I know.

and I disagreed with your point.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't see where going back and looking at Shanahan's record is going to make people feel any better about losing the last 7 of 9 games.

That said, I agree with the point that we can't fire McDaniels over it right now. I think that's a terrible idea that would result in more floundering for years to come.

barryr
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
It's not about making people feel better since I'm not trying to be a psychiatrist. It's about showing the hypocrisy some are having in calling for McDaniels' head after one season as coach when doubtful many if any of them were calling for Shanahan's when it happened his last 3 years as coach. That's the point, nothing more or less.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Who cares what people thought about Shanahan?

The fact is, our team has lost 7 out of 9, barring a miracle will now miss the playoffs after starting 6-0... and our coach is now publicly arguing with our star player.

Though I do not believe he should be fired for that, people have every right to be pissed regardless of what they said about Shanny.

Trouble is, it's the same snivelers that predicted total, awful, unmitigated disaster.

The point is these guys still sniveling about McD is a disaster have no credibility, it's just a continuation of their sniveling.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't see where going back and looking at Shanahan's record is going to make people feel any better about losing the last 7 of 9 games.

That said, I agree with the point that we can't fire McDaniels over it right now. I think that's a terrible idea that would result in more floundering for years to come.

Hell, 5 of those losses were to teams currently in the playoffs or still in the playoff hunt. So for a rookie coach to lose those games some look at it as not such a big deal, some just continue their same sniveling they started out with just about one calendar year ago.

Don't pretend like there's not a bunch of just plain snivelers here on the board. They'll snivel about ANYTHING.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
People forget that Shanny was fired for the last ten years of failure....not the the last three alone.

He's gone....get over it.

watermock
01-02-2010, 12:30 PM
We wre rebuilding a dominant offense. We didn't have a dminant HB, but Hillis before he went on IR.

I'm not even going to bother with Hillis, either you saw him kicking ass or were blind.

The D was attrocious, no stops, no turnovers,

Our sucsess is 80% Nolan, period, along some verteran, savvy players, and a healthy Champ and Dawkins.

WTF do you think this man blocking is doing but destroying our running game?

I don't get it. Ouur line, a strenfgth last year is horrible.

Royal has 35 catches, and BM and Sheff have been benched.

McMoron deserves to be fired.

This team has double the stops on 3rd down and double the turnovers.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
You guys are dumb for wanting a rookie head coach fired after a 9-7 season.

Our sucsess is 80% Nolan, period, along some verteran, savvy players, and a healthy Champ and Dawkins.

Orchestrated by whom?

TheDave
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Trouble is, it's the same snivelers that predicted total, awful, unmitigated disaster.

The point is these guys still sniveling about McD is a disaster have no credibility, it's just a continuation of their sniveling.

And you have admitiied to never saying much of anything... if we were all a bunch of cito's there would be no reason to come to this board.

but for the sake of conversation... keep this in mind. 2-7 IS a disaster so the "snivelers" have the right to complain.

brother love
01-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah guys it could be worse. We could have Todd Haley.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2010, 12:36 PM
You guys are dumb for wanting a rookie head coach fired after a 9-7 season.

Orchestrated by whom?

oh crap....I agree with Bob....

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't pretend like there's not a bunch of just plain snivelers here on the board. They'll snivel about ANYTHING.

Believe me, I know all about that. But I don't think that's unique to any particular point of view. That's just people being people.

NYBronco
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM
From that it looks like McD's future is promising. He continues to build this team and filters out the players that for whatever reason don't fit in his plans or system. That may be personality or performance reasons.

I remain patient and encouraged by the progress.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Believe me, I know all about that. But I don't think that's unique to any particular point of view. That's just people being people.

People are pissed off... Sure some are taking it too far. Just like the ones who started superbowl threads when we were 6-0.

I get a kick out of people thinking this is something new.

TD30
01-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Last I checked we still need a win to get to 9 and 7. No bmarsh 8 and 8 very possible

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:49 PM
People are pissed off... Sure some are taking it too far. Just like the ones who started superbowl threads when we were 6-0.

I get a kick out of people thinking this is something new.

It's a little different. In past years, the band wagon has been no worse than 80/20 in difference of opinion... And probably more like 90/10. Right now, it seems more like 30/30/30/10 with the bandwagon being fractured to the core.

The thing that gets me is that it's everywhere. On every Broncos forum (at least that I've monitored) and worse if you listen to Broncos talk radio. This place is a regular Josh McDaniels pep rally if you listen to Broncos talk radio.

But whatever. The way I figure it, we just have to ride the lightning.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 12:57 PM
It's a little different. In past years, the band wagon has been no worse than 80/20 in difference of opinion... And probably more like 90/10. Right now, it seems more like 30/30/30/10 with the bandwagon being fractured to the core.

The thing that gets me is that it's everywhere. On every Broncos forum (at least that I've monitored) and worse if you listen to Broncos talk radio. This place is a regular Josh McDaniels pep rally if you listen to Broncos talk radio.

At this point the fan base is a mirror image of the team. We were world beaters in the begining and posted yet another historic collapse.

Serriosly, I've seen divorces go smother than the McDaniels/Marshall marriage. Everything started fine on day one and through the cutler trade, then comes the training camp fiasco, followed by the suspension, followed by the hugging and high 5's and, well... here we are all over again.

Oddly enough, this season has been so up and down that anyone who steered clear of the 3-13 vs 13-3 predictions can say I told you so.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 01:25 PM
And you have admitiied to never saying much of anything... if we were all a bunch of cito's there would be no reason to come to this board.

but for the sake of conversation... keep this in mind. 2-7 IS a disaster so the "snivelers" have the right to complain.

Good point. Ha! I tend to be judicious when I choose to rant. :D

I say the 2-7 isn't a "disaster" because 5 of those losses were to strong playoff teams or to good current playoff contenders. Obviuosly the stupid ****ing players and coaches went FUBAR against the two teams they should have beat to guarantee a playoff berth, those stupid ****s, I'll never forgive them. Pisses me off beyond belief. Is that better?

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Speaking of Broncos talk radio, there is now THREE NFL radio shows in the Denver market. 1510 AM, 1600 AM, 104.3 FM. Prior to 2009 there was only one.

1510 is Jim Armstrong (Denver Post) and I forget who. 1600 is Vic Lombardi (ABC local sports guy) and Gary Miller. 104.3 is the old-timers of Denver sports radio Irv Brown, Sandy Clough, etc.

It's interesting that 1600 has John Elway and Rod Smith as regular guys, Elway on Mondays, Rod Smith on Thursdays, they're very interesting interviews the both of them.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 01:48 PM
At this point the fan base is a mirror image of the team.

I agree 100% with this.

bpc
01-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Ah, gotta love it. The unbelievable expectations of the Denver Bronco fan-base.

Shanahan was trying to rebuild everything after that 2005 AFC Championship run. We had an offense led by a mobile QB, who couldn't compete against the best in the AFC. He had a defense which was full of transition guys and vets that were beginning to wind down.

What did you expect the next few years were going to be like? We were missing players at QB, HB, WR, OL, DL, LB, and DB. Literally every position on the roster needed an infusion of talent.

Maybe shame on Shanny for not drafting better to keep us out of that situation... shame on him for rebuilding... but he had some positive parts in place for the next regime which were completely blown up.

Now we're starting over. Again.

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
So the fact that Shanahan had over a decade to put his team together just the way he wanted it has no bearing? McD has had exactly 1 season to begin to change this team. Although many changes have been made, it doesn't mean that the changes were McD's top choices. It just means that they were the best available in an incredibly short amount of time. I'll give the rookie head coach some time to bring in his guys before I call for his head, and compare him to a coach who had all of his own guys in place.

barryr
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh, I see, what helps a team win games is to tell them how bad they are at every moment and criticize the coach for anything he does and make sure the players know the fans aren't behind the coach, but hey guys, you play for him anyway. Yes, I can see a winning streak starting any minute with that plan.

barryr
01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Ah, gotta love it. The unbelievable expectations of the Denver Bronco fan-base.

Shanahan was trying to rebuild everything after that 2005 AFC Championship run. We had an offense led by a mobile QB, who couldn't compete against the best in the AFC. He had a defense which was full of transition guys and vets that were beginning to wind down.

What did you expect the next few years were going to be like? We were missing players at QB, HB, WR, OL, DL, LB, and DB. Literally every position on the roster needed an infusion of talent.

Maybe shame on Shanny for not drafting better to keep us out of that situation... shame on him for rebuilding... but he had some positive parts in place for the next regime which were completely blown up.

Now we're starting over. Again.

If Shanahan had bothered to draft better on the defensive side of the ball the last DECADE maybe his rebuilding plan as you call it wouldn't have taken so long. But heck, Shanahan had 3 years according to this, so shouldn't the current coach at least get 2 years before being run out of town?

Taco John
01-02-2010, 02:11 PM
So the fact that Shanahan had over a decade to put his team together just the way he wanted it has no bearing?

Not with me. He had a core that I thought was bound for contention. I, like many posters, had us going into year three of a 5 year Superbowl arc. I think Bowlen blew it up a year too early. Certainly if Shanahan didn't get to the playoffs this year, I'd have been in favor of finally moving on. I think Bowlen made a terrible error.

Right now, we look like we're in year zero of a five year arc. Year 1 at the very best. By my calculations, we've lost three seasons. Maybe more.

That's disturbing to me. On the other hand, I don't blame Josh for any of that. He's not responsible for that. I think any coach should be given at the very minimum 2 years, and more probably 3 years to install their program.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Not with me. He had a core that I thought was bound for contention. I, like many posters, had us going into year three of a 5 year Superbowl arc. I think Bowlen blew it up a year too early. Certainly if Shanahan didn't get to the playoffs this year, I'd have been in favor of finally moving on. I think Bowlen made a terrible error.

Right now, we look like we're in year zero of a five year arc. Year 1 at the very best. By my calculations, we've lost three seasons. Maybe more.

That's disturbing to me. On the other hand, I don't blame Josh for any of that. He's not responsible for that. I think any coach should be given at the very minimum 2 years, and more probably 3 years to install their program.

Even you, Taco, should be able to admit that McDaniels has done in one offseason that Shanahan could not do in two post-Coyer concerning the defense.

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 02:22 PM

So what was it that convinced you Shanahan was on the Super Bowl track? The incredibly mediocore scoring offense, that couldn't do squat in redzone and short yardage situations, or the defense that couldn't stop a group of 8 year old pop warner players?

Atwater His Ass
01-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Since the McDaniels' bashers, despite most(someone around here will still read this as "all") predicting fewer than 8 wins for this season, are now believing McDaniels should be fired for the team struggling at the end of the season. So let's look how wonderful Shanahan's teams did, not just his last season, but his last 3 seasons as Bronco coach.

9-7 record - NO PLAYOFFS

They lost 5 of their last 7 games, including 3 homes games in that stretch.

7-9 - NO PLAYOFFS

They lost 4 of their last 6 games that season.

8-8

Lost 4 of their last 6 games, including 2 home games.

But McDaniels should be fired though after ONE season, which is his first year as a coach no less, for not doing well at the end of the season? Just makes a ton of sense :thumbsup:

Maybe should start a thread showing just how "well" Shanahan drafted with defensive players. The number of draft busts rounds 1-4 would be astounding. Forget just defense, I still remember a Travis McGriff pick of his in the 3rd round. What the hell was that?

Hey, news flash, the way this 2009 season has went (WOW ALMOST IDENTICAL THE ONES YOU POSTED WHO KNEW AMIRITE??) was exactly why Shanahan was fired.

Also get back to me when McD has won 2 Super Bowls.

Everyone knows McD won't be fired. But with this monumental collapse, that rivals any in Broncos history (and any in NFL HISTORY), it's worth some discussion on a MESSAGE BOARD, about how this team is fundamentally no different than the last few teams under Shanny, which is why Bowlen brought McD here in the first place.

Are you really that simple?

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey, news flash, the way this 2009 season has went (WOW ALMOST IDENTICAL THE ONES YOU POSTED WHO KNEW AMIRITE??) was exactly why Shanahan was fired.Also get back to me when McD has won 2 Super Bowls.

Everyone knows McD won't be fired. But with this monumental collapse, that rivals any in Broncos history (and any in NFL HISTORY), it's worth some discussion on a MESSAGE BOARD, about how this team is fundamentally no different than the last few teams under Shanny, which is why Bowlen brought McD here in the first place.

Considering this is still Shanahan's team, with some minor upgrades, why do you expect a different finish?

Go ahead and talk about all the players McD brought in. Does that mean that they were the ones he really wanted? There was a very limited selection on the free agent market last offseason, unless you wanted to fork out 100 million for a player with an attitude. While there were minor upgrades made, it will take a few years to put together a team of a players that the new coach really wants. Until then, this team will show a lot of characteristics of last year's team. Do you understand that, or are you really that simple?

bloodsunday
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Some people around here need to get real. McDaniels has had ONE season to completely TRANSFORM a team. We are completely switching schemes on offense and defense. It takes more than one year to figure that stuff out. Seriously, Mike Shanahan had 10 years to figure out life after Elway.

It's obvious IMO that starting 6 - 0 was a mirage. At the time I didn't think so, but this team has clearly been "figured out", particularly on offense.

frerottenextelway
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Since we're reliving history...

Wade Phillips after taking over an 8-8 team from a legendary coach:

1993 9-7 | 0-1 in playoffs
1994 7-9 | no playoffs
1995 fired

Ziggy
01-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Since we're reliving history...

Wade Phillips after taking over an 8-8 team from a legendary coach:

1993 9-7 | 0-1 in playoffs
1994 7-9 | no playoffs
1995 fired

Wade Phillips had some cat named John Elway and a team that had been to 3 Super Bowls.

barryr
01-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey, news flash, the way this 2009 season has went (WOW ALMOST IDENTICAL THE ONES YOU POSTED WHO KNEW AMIRITE??) was exactly why Shanahan was fired.

Also get back to me when McD has won 2 Super Bowls.

Simple is someone who conveniently forgets Shanahan was let go also because of 3 consecutive nonplayoff seasons and refusing to fire a DC in Slowik who no other team in the NFL would hire for that same job and whose defense got worse 3 years in a row. But nah, he was fired for just going 8-8 his last season. Wow.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Simple is someone who conveniently forgets Shanahan was let go also because of 3 consecutive nonplayoff seasons and refusing to fire a DC in Slowik who no other team in the NFL would hire for that same job and whose defense got worse 3 years in a row. But nah, he was fired for just going 8-8 his last season. Wow.

No matter ho many times this is proven false it keeps coming back...

barryr
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
no matter ho many times this is proven false it keeps coming back...

BS, but it's proven Shanahan would have hired Nolan and taken the defense more seriously unlike the previous 3 seasons :clown:

TheDave
01-02-2010, 07:25 PM
bs

Hey, Pat Bowlen said it himself... but I'm sure berryr knows better. ;D

Hamrob
01-02-2010, 08:59 PM
So the fact that Shanahan had over a decade to put his team together just the way he wanted it has no bearing? McD has had exactly 1 season to begin to change this team. Although many changes have been made, it doesn't mean that the changes were McD's top choices. It just means that they were the best available in an incredibly short amount of time. I'll give the rookie head coach some time to bring in his guys before I call for his head, and compare him to a coach who had all of his own guys in place.It's funny how shallow so many of you are. Let's see...where to begin.

1. If you want to compare Josh to Shanny...then let's compare apples to apples and take a look back at 1995 in comparison to this year. I think most of us knew that Shanny was headed in the right direction. I can't say that about McDaniels.

2. The last 10 yrs saw us recovering from back to back superbowls. Shanny did that. He built a team and took us to the AFC Championship game in 2006. Do you all remember that? We lost...because our offense was kept in check.

3. The last 3yrs Shanny rebuilt the entire offense. He brought in (what many NFL experts considered a top talent) Jay Cutler, along with Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Chris Kuper and others and had our offense set up for great things. He then needed to focus on defense. He didn't get that chance and so we will never know what might have been.

4. There are NFL teams out there that are drooling over Shanny. In fact it is rumored that he will be compensated over $10m/yr to coach the Skins. If McDaniels gets fired...do you think he'll ever get another head coaching gig?

5. After losing the last 3 games in 2008 and doing something no other team had done before (3 game lead in the divison and lost it), we decided to bring in McDaniels...who said that he has never lost in his life and promised great things. How's it going so far Josh?

6. We go 6-0 over the first 6 weeks, all of us were happy, but some of us were skeptical. Since then we have gone 2-7 and the HC has started showing his ass again in the media...calling out his star players. Not good signs...but you guzzlers go ahead and defend him to the hilt...knock yourselves out.

I too don't think McDaniels will get fired and I honestly hope he is successful in Denver, though he has alot to learn and very little time to do it in. If we have another year....like this past year...in 2010, he will be gone...like it or not!

DB_champ24
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM
3. The last 3yrs Shanny rebuilt the entire offense. He brought in (what many NFL experts considered a top talent) Jay Cutler, along with Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Chris Kuper and others and had our offense set up for great things. He then needed to focus on defense. He didn't get that chance and so we will never know what might have been.

What do you mean he didn't get a chance? Football isn't only about offense, he had plenty of chances. Shanny blew his chance with the D and it's what lost him his job.

houghtam
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
1. If you want to compare Josh to Shanny...then let's compare apples to apples and take a look back at 1995 in comparison to this year. I think most of us knew that Shanny was headed in the right direction. I can't say that about McDaniels.

If you REALLY want to compare apples to apples, you also need to realize that Shanahan lost 2 of 6 going into the last game of the season, including a crucial division game (at home, mind you) which would have resulted in a playoff berth due to Denver tying SD at 9-7 and holding the conference W-L over them.

We have people dissatisfied with McDaniels in year 1 going into the last week of a season with a solid chance of making the playoffs, and somehow Shanahan was headed in the right direction even though he missed the playoffs by fading at the end of the season in his 1st year?

I'm as thankful as the next guy for what Shanahan did, and I'm a little peeved about how the end of this season has turned out as well. But to call for him to be fired like some have (NOT you!), and to say that Shanahan was headed in the right direction while McDaniels isn't (YOU!) is, IMO, a little blind.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I always get houghtam and hamrob confused.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
If you REALLY want to compare apples to apples, you also need to realize that Shanahan lost 2 of 6 going into the last game of the season, including a crucial division game (at home, mind you) which would have resulted in a playoff berth due to Denver tying SD at 9-7 and holding the conference W-L over them.

2 of 6? Big deal. That's hardly close to losing 7 of 9.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I always get houghtam and hamrob confused.

Made that same mistake myself. Then there is the Hambone and Hamrob confusion.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Made that same mistake myself. Then there is the Hambone and Hamrob confusion.

Yup.

houghtam
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
2 of 6? Big deal. That's hardly close to losing 7 of 9.

Sorry, I meant WON 2 of 6. So he LOST 4 of 6. Still, not 7 of 9, but he faded down the stretch, and lost a division game at home blowing a 20 point lead.

I'd hardly say that's having things "going in the right direction".

strafen
01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
MacDaniels has done better than expected. Eveerything would be just fine if his ego hasn't gotten in the way.
He's put himself in a position to be a target for criticism. He flopped the draft, he has issues dealing with players in a professional manner that creates no turmoil, and continues to be hard-headed by playing HIS guys even if they don't always give us the best chance to win

houghtam
01-02-2010, 10:58 PM
MacDaniels has done better than expected. Eveerything would be just fine if his ego hasn't gotten in the way.
He's put himself in a position to be a target for criticism. He flopped the draft, he has issues dealing with players in a professional manner that creates no turmoil, and continues to be hard-headed by playing HIS guys even if they don't always give us the best chance to win

As annoying as it sometimes is, I doubt that his ego would have changed a thing. In fact, I might even go as far to say that McDaniels' "ego" might have won us as many games as it lost. You could make a case (and many on this board did after the fact) that the NE and SD wins were a result of the hard-nosed, team first attitude he brought to the team. So if you're going to fault him for some losses, you gotta give him credit for the wins, as well.

I'm with a few of the people on this board in saying that right now, we just don't have the talent level to be a great team yet. Our O-line is weak. Our running back is a rookie, and regardless of what you think of his talent level, like our coach, you can't expect the world from him in year one. We have an all-world talent at WR who seems to have a Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde personality at times. We have a receiving tight end with stone hands like Rockbiter from Neverending Story, and who goes down easier than Paris Hilton. Or Kyle Orton. We have Kyle Orton, a game manager who is managing to play the season of his life...while running for his life. And that's just the offense, folks.

Give it a rest. McDaniels will be fine. Or he won't. But you don't have the answers this year and neither do I.

But feel free to call each other names on a message board if it makes you feel better.

:peace:

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Does everyone seem to forget that Shanahan got you Slowik? I, for one, couldn't stand to watch that abortion on the field for another season.

jhat01
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM

1. You may not like the way the draft went, but to call it a flop at this point is plain lazy.

2. The guy wants "team" players. There are leaders in that locker room, probably some that are hurting or injured, that are going to play because that's what kind of teammate they are.

3. The whole "his" guys thing doesn't make sense to me. I don't care how big an ego he's got...The bottom line is win or get axed. I'm sure he knows that. Marshall has been "his" guy for most of the regular season. The coach expected him to want to lay it out there for a chance at the playoffs...he didn't get it and he benched him. OK by me, i probably would have waited until Sunday though. You think Dawkins is beat up? I do, but you would have to tie him up to keep him out of a game like this.