PDA

View Full Version : one thing about shanahan talks that are pissing me off...

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 10:46 AM
why do all you moron mcd haters think that shanahan is gonna start re-collecting every bronco cast off from this year? hillis, scheffler, royal, marshall, cutler, weve heard it all. "when shanahan gets his new team hell sign them blah blah blah"

Northman
01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Why wouldnt he? He's familiar with them and well liked by them. Im not a McD hater and i think he will try to sign them if he can. Kubes did it all the time with Shanahan leftovers.

SureShot
01-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Ummm....because he did it when he came here? Go back and look at the key players he grabbed from the 49ers.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Why wouldnt he? He's familiar with them and well liked by them. Im not a McD hater and i think he will try to sign them if he can. Kubes did it all the time with Shanahan leftovers.

WASH has 2 better receiving TEs than scheffler, marshall isnt going anywhere unless someone will give up a lot of first round picks, i have a hunch elvis will be re-signed here and if hes not he too will get a lot of picks for us, hillis i have no idea what will happen with (likely candidate to sign with shanny if he leaves here since WASH is rather weak at RB with everyone hurt). royal isnt going anywhere either.

have to remember a lot of this "schism" **** is manufactured and blown up by the media. look at the marshall-mcdaniels thing, marshall told the coach he cant play in what could be our most important game of the year, mcdaniels disagreed but he cant force marshall to play. marshall wants to be paid and this it, if he can get his money here, he will. its the same thing all the mcd haters say about the bears, just because cutler is there doesnt mean the bears will start signing every player that ever played with cutler here before, its ridiculous to keep suggesting it like they have been all offseason and now season long.

my bigger problem with this is people seem to think that shanahan is somehow going to get players that are still under contract with the broncos, and will be pending the CBA.

Northman
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Its true that Wash has 2 better TE's, however having depth at that position never hurt anyone. Marshall will get traded after this season, i just feel it. Snyder has the kind of money to shovel out and isnt afraid to give up draft picks. Obviously, it depends where Shanny ends up but it wouldnt surprise me to have him go after familiar faces that he is comfortable with. Doom probably wont be going anywhere. He has bought into the system and will get his payday both for his play and because he knows how to be a team guy.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Just like how the Texans have signed most of the Shanahan castoffs. That's panned out really well.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Just like how the Texans have signed most of the Shanahan castoffs. That's panned out really well.

how is myers doing anyway? i remember the report that shanahan was pissed that we lost him...

~Crash~
01-02-2010, 11:04 AM
WASH has 2 better receiving TEs than scheffler, marshall isnt going anywhere unless someone will give up a lot of first round picks, i have a hunch elvis will be re-signed here and if hes not he too will get a lot of picks for us, hillis i have no idea what will happen with (likely candidate to sign with shanny if he leaves here since WASH is rather weak at RB with everyone hurt). royal isnt going anywhere either.

have to remember a lot of this "schism" **** is manufactured and blown up by the media. look at the marshall-mcdaniels thing, marshall told the coach he cant play in what could be our most important game of the year, mcdaniels disagreed but he cant force marshall to play. marshall wants to be paid and this it, if he can get his money here, he will. its the same thing all the mcd haters say about the bears, just because cutler is there doesnt mean the bears will start signing every player that ever played with cutler here before, its ridiculous to keep suggesting it like they have been all offseason and now season long.

my bigger problem with this is people seem to think that shanahan is somehow going to get players that are still under contract with the broncos, and will be pending the CBA.

all nice don't you think? you leave out one little thing .he benched a player that might be better game time and said he was milking .

strafen
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
why do all you moron mcd haters think that shanahan is gonna start re-collecting every bronco cast off from this year? hillis, scheffler, royal, marshall, cutler, weve heard it all. "when shanahan gets his new team hell sign them blah blah blah"

Who in the right mind wouldn't want to sign playmakers?

So they're now cast-offs, huh?
Who are you calling morons again?
Just saying...

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-02-2010, 11:08 AM
how is myers doing anyway? i remember the report that shanahan was pissed that we lost him...

http://www.battleredblog.com/2009/12/14/1200734/the-thief-of-the-2009-season-the

Chester Pitts will be an unrestricted free agent following this year. As long as it is determined that he is healthy, he needs to be re-signed at all costs. His and Brisiel's absence has highlighted how substandard Chris Myers is at the center position. Myers continually loses at the point of attack while run blocking. If you want to see for yourself, watch him block throughout the Seattle game to see opposing defensive tackles push him aside. Then watch rookie Antoine Caldwell in the one play after Myers is hurt push his man five yards down the field.

That brings me to my next point. Why isn't Caldwell getting a shot at center? Myers not only loses regularly while run blocking, but he continues to have issues with larger defensive tackles while in pass protection. Myers is a great story, going from a practice squad to starting every game last year, but without good to great guards to help him, he is simply too small to be effective.

barryr
01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Ekuban, Engelberger, Robertson, and Webster among other greats from the Shanahan era are all waiting for a call from Shanahan since nobody else seems to want them.

~Crash~
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM

well they have gotten better each year time will tell .

This system is not as easy to pull off as it was before we won that second SB. The NFL seen to it the Broncos were not going to be in the mix for a SB shot every year after our 2nd SB. yet when the 49ers were doing it year after year they were good old boys....

strafen
01-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Ekuban, Engelberger, Robertson, and Webster among other greats from the Shanahan era are all waiting for a call from Shanahan since nobody else seems to want them.I'm pretty sure with your selective and poor way to make a point that Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, and Marshall, they all will be waiting long for a phone call. ^5

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure with your selective and poor way to make a point that Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, and Marshall, they all will be waiting long for a phone call. ^5

royal is not a FA. marshall is not going anywhere unless we get a lot in return. hillis and scheffler are question marks. what makes all this gauranteed they will be getting phone calls?

Hamrob
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Shanahann is set to earn $10m/yr...wow! Will he try and sign guys he drafted in Denver. Sure, if they're available. I don't think he would trade a #1 for Marshall or give up a #2 for Scheffler. I think his first area of emphasis will be the QB position. That's if he signs with WA.

I think he waits until this weekend is complete and then checks to see if Kubs is fired. He may even wait until after the 1st round of the playoffs to see if San Diego or Dallas becomes available.

~Crash~
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
royal is not a FA. marshall is not going anywhere unless we get a lot in return. hillis and scheffler are question marks. what makes all this gauranteed they will be getting phone calls?

you act like shuffling your roster is like the most easy thing on earth . there are plenty of misses in the draft and each time you shuffle you lose years. and there is no guarantees.

TheDave
01-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Why do you care if people think Shanny will sign guys we cut?

backup qb
01-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Most new coaches do bring in people they're familiar with. It has happened since the advent of free agency. Hell, Mcd brought in Jordan, Gaffney, Hochstein, Smith, and Law. All former pats. How is that any different than Shanny possibly bringing in/going after some current broncos? Lighten up.

SpringStein
01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
If as expected Shanny ends up in Washington, the one player I'm pretty positive will follow him will be Hamilton. Their OL needs help at every spot.

strafen
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
royal is not a FA. marshall is not going anywhere unless we get a lot in return. hillis and scheffler are question marks. what makes all this gauranteed they will be getting phone calls?Just because McDaniels a 33-year old first time head coach in the NFL doesn't want them, it doesn't make them bad players, more than by getting rid of them, would make McDaniels a good coach...

watermock
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Why do you care if people think Shanny will sign guys we cut?

I mean. Really.Marshall is a bench, Scheff is a bench, Royal has 35 catches,

Buck is hurt, WTF arre we going to do? Run Moreno till he drops the a screen to Clady?

1 thing this had was weapons when Beavis came on boad.

Maybe we catch the defanse sleeping with quinn.

barryr
01-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure with your selective and poor way to make a point that Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, and Marshall, they all will be waiting long for a phone call. ^5

Um yeah, I'm sure Hillis and Scheffler are going to be Pro-Bowlers anyday now and playing huge roles for great treams. Royal isn't going anywhere and Marshall is one more stupid act from being out of the NFL.

strafen
01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Um yeah, I'm sure Hillis and Scheffler are going to be Pro-Bowlers anyday now and playing huge roles for great treams. Royal isn't going anywhere and Marshall is one more stupid act from being out of the NFL.

Amazing!
And what are we going to be left with, again?
Got any pro-bowlers lined up ready to fill their shoes yet?
Thought so.

You know, pro-bowlers are not guarantee of building a good team, you can ask Dan Snyder about that.
What you need is play makers.
You look at Hillis, Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler's numbers last years, and then you look at them this year, and you got the balls to tell us is the players fault for their decline in production this year?
So, all of the sudden they're not good?

What kind of nimrods do we have posting in this board, man?

Really. Unbelievable!

ant1999e
01-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I hope he does takes some of these players with him. Hopefully he will take some of the people from this forum with him.

go_broncos
01-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Every coach does that.You are dumb if you don't think that way.
Mcd did the same thing.

Taco John
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Uh... Duh. All coaches bring in their guys where they can. Hell, McDaniels brought his long snapper with him.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2010, 12:08 PM
i agree, that it is very unlikely that Shanahan goes after all the Broncos castoffs, he might pick and choose a few.
i think someone like Hamilton he might bring in as a backup guard, because of his experience. Hillis is a maybe, it is hard to say yes on him because after Griffith, Mike never really tried to get a true FB in his system, and just depends how he would use Hillis.

the only way anyone is getting Marshall is by forking over a ****load of picks, players or a combination of the 2.

Royal isn't going anywhere. he had a sophomore slump this season, but should return to form next season, plus he has the attitude, work ethic and diverse skill set that McDaniels loves.

Scheffler is a maybe at this point. even when he played for Mike, there were multi week stretches where he was a complete non factor in the offense, so TE isn't a huge contributor in Mike's offense and Scheff may decide to play for a team that uses the TE position often.

while there will definitely be at least a few guys Mike will reunite with, he isn't going to jump for every single castoff from here.

the thing i am actually more interested than the players he brings in is how his coaching staff will be filled out and whether or not he will attempt to reunite with Turner and Dennison

Mr.Meanie
01-02-2010, 12:15 PM
If Shanahan goes to Washington and trades for Marshall, and picks up Hillis and Schefler, that would be the best thing to ever happen to the Broncos.

1. Shanny out of the AFC.
2. Half this forum would go become Redskin fans, and it would clear out all the dead weight.

Please god let this happen.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I mean. Really.Marshall is a bench, Scheff is a bench, Royal has 35 catches,

Buck is hurt, WTF arre we going to do? Run Moreno till he drops the a screen to Clady?

1 thing this had was weapons when Beavis came on boad.

Maybe we catch the defanse sleeping with quinn.

why do so many continue to toss around the notion that we were some sort of offensive juggernaut last season?

we were 16th in scoring, and remain in the same area, a few slots lower, but still the same general mediocre offensive output as last season to this year.

we had Marshall who is a clown. all he gives a **** about is money, he doesn't care about anything else. We had Royal who is in a sophomore slump and has had a few injuries this season. Scheffler who has never been a huge weapon for us, is still not a huge weapon for us.

we have the same weapons as last season but everyone has to bitch and moan over how much better we were last season just to find something to rip on McDaniels for.

the problem this season is the OL, and that problem was hidden last season because of the mobility of Cutler.

this offense was mediocre last season and is mediocre this season. it will change when McDaniels has his players and his offense fully implemented on this team.

barryr
01-02-2010, 12:26 PM
why do so many continue to toss around the notion that we were some sort of offensive juggernaut last season?

we were 16th in scoring, and remain in the same area, a few slots lower, but still the same general mediocre offensive output as last season to this year.

we had Marshall who is a clown. all he gives a **** about is money, he doesn't care about anything else. We had Royal who is in a sophomore slump and has had a few injuries this season. Scheffler who has never been a huge weapon for us, is still not a huge weapon for us.

we have the same weapons as last season but everyone has to b**** and moan over how much better we were last season just to find something to rip on McDaniels for.

the problem this season is the OL, and that problem was hidden last season because of the mobility of Cutler.

this offense was mediocre last season and is mediocre this season. it will change when McDaniels has his players and his offense fully implemented on this team.

Great post, well put!

bpc
01-02-2010, 01:58 PM
To think the Shanahan haters are jilted now... imagine what they're going to be like when he wins another super bow!!

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
To think the Shanahan haters are jilted now... imagine what they're going to be like when he wins another super bow!!

youre a ****ing idiot, there is no shanahan haters on this board retard. there is a large percentage of us his think his time in denver was up, but every single one of us appreciate what he did here and know he is a good coach, you just cant be a head coach for a team taht long and expect your message to still work. there is no shanahan haters, just people who constantly need to defend mcdaniels from idiots like you who do not understand football.

gyldenlove
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
That is what Kubiak did, it is what Mcdaniels did, it is what Mangini did, it is what Parcells did. That is what coaches do, they pick up players they know and trust to help teach their new team how they want things done.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
That is what Kubiak did, it is what Mcdaniels did, it is what Mangini did, it is what Parcells did. That is what coaches do, they pick up players they know and trust to help teach their new team how they want things done.

im very aware of this, im talking about players that are currently under contract with us and realistically will be next year too, but the mcd idiots seem to think hes gonna cut anyone and everyone just because he didnt bring them in.

gyldenlove
01-02-2010, 02:53 PM
im very aware of this, im talking about players that are currently under contract with us and realistically will be next year too, but the mcd idiots seem to think hes gonna cut anyone and everyone just because he didnt bring them in.

I agree that is ridiculous. I think Shanahan if he takes another HC job will target some current and previous Broncos who are not under contract or become available to trade offers, but there is no way Mcdaniels is just going to wholesale cut every Shanahan leftover.

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree that is ridiculous. I think Shanahan if he takes another HC job will target some current and previous Broncos who are not under contract or become available to trade offers, but there is no way Mcdaniels is just going to wholesale cut every Shanahan leftover.

thats basically what im trying to get at. of course shanahan will bring some of his guys in, a new coach has to in order to succeed. but not what the morons on this board are proposing

Blueflame
01-02-2010, 03:07 PM
It's simple logic... if Shanahan thought any given player was worth a roster slot in Denver, then he would also likely think that player was worth a roster slot in Washington... or Dallas... or Chicago... or wherever he goes in the NFL. Coaches in general look for a specific skill set and if they know a certain player has those skills, then of course he's going to want him.