PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, you are now the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos!

Ratboy
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Pat Bowlen would like to welcome you to the great organization of the Denver Broncos. You are taking over a 8-8/9-7 team with some major flaws. Bowlen wants to win ‘NOW’ and you are in charge of doing so. He has given you all the tools to go out and get the quality players (within reason) we need.

Some of my moves?

Resign
Brandon Marshall
Elvis Dumervil
Chris Kuper
Kyle Orton (2 year deal, will battle with drafted QB)

Free Agency
Logan Mankins – Left Guard

Draft
Quarterback – I want a QB with a strong arm that can go deep. Jimmy Clausen? Can he lead though? Sam Bradford may be an option too.

Center – I would wait to draft a center. Round 3 is where I would take one, if available.

NT - If we can't get Wilfork, we certainly have to find draft one. Chris Baker is a huge body, but an undrafted FA with "OM hype".

Punter - Bye Burger.

Pipe Dream
Vince Wilfork – Huge body for our defensive line, would improve our defense.
Kirk Morrison – Replaces Andra Davis.

Bronco LB52
01-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Jimmy Clausen is a major douche. No thanks.

Killericon
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Logan Mankins would be a dream. I'd trade Marshall, to be honest. I draft a QB in the 2nd day. Sign a WR to replace Marshall(Malcolm Floyd?). Draft an Interior Linebacker and a Safety in rounds 1 and 2. Trade Hillis. Cut Graham. Trade Scheffler. Sign Watson(If he's not an FA, don't trade Scheffler).

This team does not nead overhaul, it needs seasoning.

Popps
01-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Logan Mankins would be a dream. I'd trade Marshall, to be honest. I draft a QB in the 2nd day. Sign a WR to replace Marshall(Malcolm Floyd?). Draft an Interior Linebacker and a Safety in rounds 1 and 2. Trade Hillis. Cut Graham. Trade Scheffler. Sign Watson(If he's not an FA, don't trade Scheffler).

Lock it up.

KipCorrington25
01-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Can I get back all the talent the current regime is running off? Otherwise I'll take the Cleveland job thank you...

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Lock it up.

Lock it up to an expansion team

SoCalBronco
01-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd rather go after the Pouncey twins to solve the interior problems than pay big FA money for Mankins.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Jimmy Clausen is a major douche. No thanks.

Nothing personal but If a see dale Carter again I am putting you on Iggy from now to eternity

Killericon
01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe we could get a good guard out of Marshall.

GoBroncos84
01-01-2010, 10:29 PM
-Re-sign Marshall, Dumervil, Kuper to multi year deals
-Sign Orton to modest contract
-Sign Vince Wilfork
- Draft: 1-Rolando McClain ILB, 2-Mike Iupati G, 3- Arthur Jones DE, 4- Pat Devlin QB, 6- Myron Rolle S, 7- Brandon James RB/KR

Championship

ZONA
01-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Congratulations - 100% of us would not even win a single game in the NFL as the new coach of the Broncos. We wouldn't get any respect from the other coaches or players since we don't really know jack about how to run a team. We like to talk our forum talk like we do, but none of us know the inside workings of how to run an NFL team, probably not even a college team and 99.9% of us not even a HS team.

What has this place come to? Now we expect 1st year HC's to make the playoffs? So, does that mean by year 2 we expect our new HC to win the Superbowl or do we ship him out after he loses the AFC Championship game in only his 2nd year at the job? And obviously after he wins the Superbowl in only his 2nd year, if he fails to repeat, surely we must cut him lose, since he's shown he can't win on a consistent basis.

:rofl:

WABronco
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Resign
Elvis Dumervil
Chris Kuper
Kyle Orton

Would consider BM after some negotiationsssss

Free Agency
Max Jean Gilles, OG (depth)
Jarvis Green, DL (depth)
Chris Spencer, C (project)

Draft
Quarterback – Jarrett Brown/Sean Canfield. Wouldn't be adverse to upper QB prospect if the situation presented itself.

Interior Line depth (both sides) - Top priority here. Bigger, stronger, younger.

RB - mid/late rounds. Montario Hardesty, Ben Tate, Charles Scott.

LB - Brandon Spikes does look appealing. Big 'n nasty.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Congratulations - 100% of us would not even win a single game in the NFL as the new coach of the Broncos. We wouldn't get any respect from the other coaches or players since we don't really know jack about how to run a team. We like to talk our forum talk like we do, but none of us know the inside workings of how to run an NFL team, probably not even a college team and 99.9% of us not even a HS team.

What has this place come to? Now we expect 1st year HC's to make the playoffs? So, does that mean by year 2 we expect our new HC to win the Superbowl or do we ship him out after he loses the AFC Championship game in only his 2nd year at the job? And obviously after he wins the Superbowl in only his 2nd year, if he fails to repeat, surely we must cut him lose, since he's shown he can't win on a consistent basis.

dude are you for real get rid of that hills avatar he can't even beat out a fat turd

Mr.Meanie
01-01-2010, 11:21 PM

Perfect offseason... except change safety to CB. Preferrably Haden in the 1st and best guard avail. in the 2nd.

bombquixote
01-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Trade Orton back to Chicago for Cutler and their first round pick for next year.

ZONA
01-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Trade Orton back to Chicago for Cutler and their first round pick for next year.

..........and then trade Cutler to Washington for their first and second. Hmmm, not a bad idea.

ZONA
01-01-2010, 11:44 PM
dude are you for real get rid of that hills avatar he can't even beat out a fat turd

Ever heard of a period? You know, those those things that come at the end of a sentence.

Just messin with ya.

I'm not giving up on Hillis. If he gets traded, then I will make a new one. Plus, I put alot of work into this one. That was not an easy avatar to make. 8')

Hulamau
01-02-2010, 12:00 AM

That about sizes up the 'Numbskull Credo' .... Good one Zona!

azbroncfan
01-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Cut Moss, Trade Hillis but probably cut him since he probably wouldn't bring a pick, by Hamilton, Wiegman. That is a rough start.

Ratboy
01-02-2010, 12:38 AM

Hey, Debbie Downer, go plague another thread!

This is NOT about firing Josh McDaniels, this is simply a thread to see what people think our weaknesses are and what options are available.