PDA

View Full Version : If the Broncos fire McDaniels,who do you want

Elway777
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I like Charlie Weiss because he knows the New England offensive system and Broncos can still run McDaniels system without McDaniels. Guden would also be a good canidate.

TheDave
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
We aren't firing McDaniels...

TD30
01-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Nolan, give him a chance on the cheap this year he has done a great job with the D.

KevinJames
They won't fire him tho why would you fire him?

Bowlen is not a retard.

Popps
LOL

Good lord.

It's early, but.... worst thread of 2010?

It has to be.

Hamrob
Shanahan
Cowher
Gruden

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Bowlen can't be happy about paying two coaches, much less three.

"The Coach" stays.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
So, if you start out 6-0 and finsh up 2-7...becoming only 1 of 3 teams to ever start the season out 6-0 and not make the playoffs.

Do you stick with the guy?

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Bowlen can't be happy about paying two coaches, much less three.

"The Coach" stays.Shanahan will have a job this year...thus you can scratch his $7m from the payroll. McDaniels is only getting like $2m...so, if he wanted to, he could do it and not worry much about the money.

go_broncos
Cowher..Bowlen will not hire any Bellicheck assistants.

TheDave
So, if you start out 6-0 and finsh up 2-7...becoming only 1 of 3 teams to ever start the season out 6-0 and not make the playoffs.

Yeah, you do...

When you hire a 32 year old first time head coach you better expect some ups and downs. I doubt bowlen was drinking any of the OM Koolaid

TD30
I think we all know he won't be fired but let's face it he only has one more year of this crap and with no B Marsh his offense is done. Let's see how they do against a bad team on Sunday with playoffs on the line and a bad offense, created by his own doing.

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
This is like saying if you won the lottery what would you spend the money on?

sixtimeseight
01-01-2010, 12:32 PM
**** thread, **** poster

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
All I ask for is that who ever coaches next year, McDaniels included, doesn't celebrate like he won the SB and take a victory lap after only his 6th victory of the year.

At least wait until your team clinches a playoff spot.

ZONA
01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I like Charlie Weiss because he knows the New England offensive system and Broncos can still run McDaniels system without McDaniels. Guden would also be a good canidate.

Why do you even start such a lame thread. And who the hell is Guden anyway, lol. Hilarious!

And why would GRUDEN be a good candidate? Didn't he start off red hot last year and then lose a ton of his final games, which is the reason he was fired. Sometimes the stupidity around here is too much for me. There are some real morons lurking around the mane these days.

Seriously, please STFU about McD being fired this year people. It won't happen, it shouldn't happen and it won't happen. Nuff Said.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
It doesn't matter.

Most of the young offensive talent will be long gone by the time the next coach comes.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Maybe someone should bump all the "Who should the Broncos hire" threads after Shanahan was fired so we can all giggle at Spagnuolo and Morris now.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Why do you even start such a lame thread. And who the hell is Guden anyway, lol. Hilarious!

And why would GRUDEN be a good candidate? Didn't he start off red hot last year and then lose a ton of his final games, which is the reason he was fired. Sometimes the stupidity around here is too much for me. There are some real morons lurking around the mane these days.

Seriously, please STFU about McD being fired this year people. It won't happen, it shouldn't happen and it won't happen. Nuff Said.That's funny...that's what most of us were saying about Shanny last year.

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe someone should bump all the "Who should the Broncos hire" threads after Shanahan was fired so we can all giggle at Spagnuolo and Morris now.

I admit to wanting them to hire Jim Bates...for DC

TheDave
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
So does this mean he is no longer in the running for coach of the year... ;D

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I wanted Spagnuolo because the team was an AVERAGE defense away from being good.

He sure as hell wouldn't have rocked the boat and made a mess for years to come on the offensive side like "The Coach" has.

Archer81
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
This thread just rings with positivity...

:Broncos:

WABronco
01-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I wanted Spagnuolo because the team was an AVERAGE defense away from being good.

He sure as hell wouldn't have rocked the boat and made a mess for years to come on the offensive side like "The Coach" has.

QQ Bettsy...

Lets not trash this thread too badly...doesn't look good to make fun of those with mental disabilities.

BMarsh615
01-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Dumb thread.

Miss I.
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
This thread just reeks with stupidity...

Fixed it for you.

So, anyway...Happy New Year to you all. After a return to the states, getting to see a real Broncos game on regular TV in VA (though surrounded by Eagles fans....geezus what a bunch of douchebags...) I am stepping into to submit my comment on this topic.

How about McDaniels finish a season before we ship him out. I don't recall, Shanny doing so much better with us at the end of last season and that was a coach with 100 milliion years as a head coach (I might have exaggerated his years just a tad). My take is that of a lot of the new head coaches out there this year, this guy is doing quite well. Since nobody saw us going 6 and 0 at all given the off season madness, I am happy to see improvement in our team. Our defense is miles ahead of where it was and Marshall is not behaving as much like a douchebag off the field either. Kyle may not be Mr Rocket Arm, but he controls the ball better then Rocketman in Chicago and I would like to see him do better, but who the heck knows. Would I rather have kept Jay, yes, however, that whiny biatch is where he wants to be and it's working for him and for us. He got his money and we no longer have to pay him to throw interceptions in the redzone.

I have no hesitation supporting this coach through at least another season, but fundamentally, it's all about the team and I will support the Broncos regardless of roster and staff short of hiring OJ Simpson or Michael Vick and then I am just going to root for the AZ Cardinals at that point.

Now have a wonderful day and an awesome new year in 2010!!!:egbgb:

TD30
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
So does this mean he is no longer in the running for coach of the year... ;D

Hilarious!Hilarious!

NFLBRONCO
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I guess fans want Bowlen to pay 3 coaches and improve team in 2010 got to love instant success or bye fanbase lets be alittle reasonable here.

TD30
01-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I guess fans want Bowlen to pay 3 coaches and improve team in 2010 got to love instant success or bye fanbase lets be alittle reasonable here.

McD won't be fired but it could be done, Shanny will be off the books and McD is is not that big of a hit. If Bowlen doesn't like the way the team is going he could easily take the hit and give someone like Nolan a chance to prove himself at low cost. It all depends on how he looks at it. Does he think he has the right coach and the wrong young players or is it the other way around.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Hey look another stupid thread on the Mane. Who would have thought!

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 01:28 PM
McD won't be fired but it could be done, Shanny will be off the books and McD is is not that big of a hit. If Bowlen doesn't like the way the team is going he could easily take the hit and give someone like Nolan a chance to prove himself at low cost. It all depends on how he looks at it. Does he think he has the right coach and the wrong young players or is it the other way around.

Shanny most certainly will NOT be off the books. Even if he gets a job the relief is pro-rated so Bowlen will still owe Shanny several Millions.

bombay
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
A collaberative effort. Marty Schottenheimer, Norv Turner, Don Zimmer, and Leo Durocher.

Call it the college of coaches.

barryr
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
The idiot threads continue. Shanahan got more slack by some despite continued years of no playoffs and constant failed draft choices, especially defensive players. The decline of the OL started last season and the QB of last season leads the NFL in interceptions. But facts get in the way sometimes.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Shanny most certainly will NOT be off the books. Even if he gets a job the relief is pro-rated so Bowlen will still owe Shanny several Millions.Wrong. If Shanny get's a job for $7m or more a year...then Bowlen is off the hook.

gunns
01-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh the off season is going to be a blast! :oyvey:

Mr.Meanie
01-01-2010, 01:52 PM
**** thread, **** poster

this

uplink
01-01-2010, 01:53 PM
If McD looses this week to the Chefs I'd say at least 1 in 4 chance he is fired.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

bronco610
01-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Oh the off season is going to be a blast! :oyvey:

Define blast.:deadhorse

bombay
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
If McD looses this week to the Chefs I'd say at least 1 in 4 chance he is fired.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

What if he loses?

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Where there many of these threads after season upon season of collapses from a certain future Hall of Fame HC???

uplink
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
what if he loses?

मैं उस बारे में सोचा नहीं पता नहीं

sixtimeseight
01-01-2010, 02:10 PM

i will bet any amount of money that if we lose on sunday, he is not fired, and i will give you 4:1 odds since you think there's at least a 1 in 4 chance he's going to be fired. let's say my $8k to your $2k? i can do more if you want. escrow obviously required, pm me to get this set up.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
He's not going anywhere.

He needs to lose his stubborness though if the team is going to have a chance.

bombay
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
मैं उस बारे में सोचा नहीं पता नहीं

lol. Old joke, but it gets me every time.

Broncos4tw
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
There is no way they will fire McD this year. However, if he keeps making bizarre decisions like he is, ones with critical games on the line, he may not last as long as some think. If we lose to a crappy KC team, this won't bode well for him.

ZONA
01-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I would bet any amount of money Bowlen wasn't expecting McD to get this team into the playoffs this year. He would have like it and it would have been a nice surprise but no way does he think changes that occurred on this massive of a level would have resulted in playoffs. It has nothing to do with Bowlen paying 3 coaches or 2 coaches or whatever. He's giving McD time to BUILD a team, and that doesn't happen over night.

Jason in LA
01-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Come on, McD's not going to get fired, even if they lose on Sunday.

But, if it were to happen, bring back Shanahan. ;D

Cool Breeze
01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I pick McDaniels - it's a little early to fire him. To think otherwise is silly
Hell, how long has Mangini been a coach? If he's still around this is premature speculation.

uplink
01-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Mike Leach was fired by Texas Tech. If Leach replaced McD I wonder if he would play Hillis?<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

GreatBronco16
01-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Is this thread for real? Or is this just another look at me I'm a moron type of thread?

Bronco LB52
01-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Mike Leach!

Florida_Bronco
01-01-2010, 02:59 PM
LOL

Good lord.

It has to be.

It's clearly the front runner.

Paladin
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Is this thread for real? Or is this just another look at me I'm a moron type of thread?

This is a real attention ho's orgasm. It is among the most stupid threads of all time. Out.

phillybroncosnut
01-01-2010, 03:06 PM
LOL

Good lord.

It has to be.

Agreed

Mr
01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
McD doesn't need to be fired...
He just needs some dried up old bingo calling grandfather to coach from a box for him.

Gort
01-01-2010, 03:12 PM

you have to, but next year better be a more solid performance all around.

my problem with McD, which has been growing of late, is that he seems to think he took over a Lions or Browns type of team, with a long record of futility. that's not the case. Denver is a proven winner and has been for decades. we have good players. he didn't need to come in and blow everything up his first season. this is the thing that will stick in my mind about this season... if we hadn't completely blown up the offense (forget about Cutler for a minute, he's a loser and was never going to lead this team anywhere), with Nolan's improved defense, this team would have easily made the playoffs and may have even done some damage in them. too many offensive weapons this year have been under utilitized. stokley. royal. gaffney. hillis. scheffler. jordan. it didn't have to be this way.

so i hope we beat KC and i hope McD has a solid offseason going into 2010, because i expect alot more than 9-7 from this team next year.

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 03:25 PM

my problem with McD, which has been growing of late, is that he seems to think he took over a Lions or Browns type of team, with a long record of futility. that's not the case. Denver is a proven winner and has been for decades. we have good players. he didn't need to come in and blow everything up his first season. this is the thing that will stick in my mind about this season... if we hadn't completely blown up the offense (forget about Cutler for a minute, he's a loser and was never going to lead this team anywhere), with Nolan's improved defense, this team would have easily made the playoffs and may have even done some damage in them. too many offensive weapons this year have been under utilitized. stokley. royal. gaffney. hillis. scheffler. jordan. it didn't have to be this way.

so i hope we beat KC and i hope McD has a solid offseason going into 2010, because i expect alot more than 9-7 from this team next year.

How was the Offense completely blown up besides Cutler?

Ambiguous
01-01-2010, 03:31 PM
How was the Offense completely blown up besides Cutler?

No more ZBS, different approach in running and passing for the most part.

Trading Cutler could arguably be viewed as blowing up an offense, if you take him for what he was when he was traded.

Broncobiv
01-01-2010, 03:43 PM
http://super-genius.org/images/thread_sucks.jpg

Elway777
01-01-2010, 03:48 PM
It's obvious that Mcdaniels has lost respect of the players in the locker room.He cut down our offensive line , put 2 of our best players in Hillis and Scheffler in the dog house and even talked about what he was going to do in 2010 when the Broncos are fighting for the playoffs. I think the Broncos should just start over again . I like this scenaio of hiring Jim Harbough as head coach who is a exellent leader then hire Charlie Weiss as offensive
cordinator to continue builing on Mcdaniels offensive then keep Nolan as defensive cordinator where he excels.

Elway777
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM
To everybody who said this is a dump thread ,I just you rather lose Marshall, Schefler and Hillis then Macdaniels

ZachKC
01-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Message board sports fans...

lostknight
01-01-2010, 04:07 PM
We are not firing McDaniels. Again, McDaniels has straddled and occasionally been on either side of that razor thin line between genius and madness.

But there is also no doubt in my mind that if McDaniels continues to attack his own players in the media, and we have another season where we miss the playoffs (assuming we miss this year), that either Mike Nolan or a certain former QB coach will be the front runners, and Pat Bowlen will be wearing a brand new former NE OC fur skinned coat.

HAT
01-01-2010, 04:09 PM
and even talked about what he was going to do in 2010 when the Broncos are fighting for the playoffs.

I keep seeing people say this but nobody seems top be able to provide a link?

Surely you are not talking about the Legwold article where the author was answering a mailbag question and McD was not quoted a single time?

Somebody...please show me where McD is focusing on next year prior to week 17......Or STFU about it.

NYBronco
01-01-2010, 04:24 PM
To everybody who said this is a dump thread ,I just you rather lose Marshall, Schefler and Hillis then Madaniels

Dump this thread, Marshall is unhappy here and can't understand why he hasn't received a new contract, Scheffler can't hold onto the ball and Hillis rides the pine too much.

Bronx33
01-01-2010, 04:31 PM

this

DenverBrit
01-01-2010, 04:33 PM
To everybody who said this is a dump thread ,I just you rather lose Marshall, Schefler and Hillis then Madaniels

I'd rather lose people who start stupid threads based upon .........nothing at all. ;D

uplink
01-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't think the thread is stupid, if this was his 2nd year 1 out of 2 chance McD would be gone. This year I think it is 1 out of 4 if the Chefs win this weekend.

ZachKC
01-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't think the thread is stupid, if this was his 2nd year 1 out of 2 chance McD would be gone. This year I think it is 1 out of 4 if the Chefs win this weekend.

You're wrong.

Pat Bowlen isn't a knee jerk OMG YOU'RE THE WORST EVVARR message board sports genius.

It takes time to DEVELOP a winning team.

uplink
01-01-2010, 05:13 PM
You're wrong.

Pat Bowlen isn't a knee jerk OMG YOU'RE THE WORST EVVARR message board sports genius.

It takes time to DEVELOP a winning team.

I didn't say I was a genius, just think epic collapses in the last 2/3 of a season do not bode well for a coaches job. Also I didn't say I would fire him if I was Bowlen, I would not in fact. But there is a 1 of 4 chance Bowlen will fire him if the broncos lose next weekend in my opinion. That means he will likely not be fired, but there is a chance.

orinjkrush
01-01-2010, 05:16 PM
McPoopypants is starting to smell like Herm Edwards.

Balls in his court.

uplink
01-01-2010, 05:32 PM
<embed src="http://a.espncdn.com/prod/swf/globalHeader_v3.swf" swliveconnect="FALSE" quality="best" scale="noScale" flashvars="&title=AFC West Blog&titlex=&titley=&titleHeight=24&renderLogo=&indexUrl=/blog/afcwest&logo1url=&clicktag=&logo1Align=&logo2url=&clicktag2=&logo2Align=&header=&headerPadding=&section=http://a.espncdn.com/i/blog/afc.png&sectionUrl=/blog/afcwest&sectionPadding=" wmode="transparent" id="section-title" name="flash2" menu="false" devicefont="false" salign="lt" allowscriptaccess="Always" allownetworking="All" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="924" height="68">

Well maybe this is a stupid thread after all since Bill Williamson thinks McD is on the hot seat.

<!-- gradient nav background -->
<style>.post-wrapper .mod-content img, .post-wrapper .mod-content table { vertical-align: none; }</style><script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/sharethis.js#tabs=web%2Cpost&charset=utf-8&style=default&publisher=1e542d6f-546f-4d85-a790-bbaf333155b7&offsetLeft=36&inactivebg=%23e7e7e7&inactivefg=%23444444&linkfg=%23225db7&button=false&embeds=true"></script> AFC West hot seat (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/8393/afc-west-hot-seat-32)

December, 28, 2009 Dec 28
2:00
PM ET

Email (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/8393/afc-west-hot-seat-32#) Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/print?id=8393) Share (javascript:void(0);) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"AFC%20West%20hot%20seat", url:"http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/8393/afc-west-hot-seat-32", published: "2009-12-28" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink-8393")); </script>
By Bill Williamson

We’re putting Denver coach Josh McDaniels on the hot seat this week.

Is there any other choice?

The Broncos are the only AFC West team playing for postseason significance this week.

If they do not make the playoffs, it will be the second time since 1978 an NFL team has failed to make the postseason after starting 6-0. Denver had a 3 1/2-game lead over San Diego after Week 6, but have lost seven of the their past nine games. No team has ever not made the playoffs after leading by 3 1/2 games.

McDaniels’ team will long be remembered for its collapse if the Broncos do not make the playoffs. He will not want to live with that memory from his first year as a head coach.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2010, 05:46 PM

I'm in an airport, I'm drunk, and I'm posting from my phone... you're an idiot...

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2010, 05:54 PM
<embed src="http://a.espncdn.com/prod/swf/globalHeader_v3.swf" swliveconnect="FALSE" quality="best" scale="noScale" flashvars="&title=AFC West Blog&titlex=&titley=&titleHeight=24&renderLogo=&indexUrl=/blog/afcwest&logo1url=&clicktag=&logo1Align=&logo2url=&clicktag2=&logo2Align=&header=&headerPadding=&section=http://a.espncdn.com/i/blog/afc.png&sectionUrl=/blog/afcwest&sectionPadding=" wmode="transparent" id="section-title" name="flash2" menu="false" devicefont="false" salign="lt" allowscriptaccess="Always" allownetworking="All" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="924" height="68">

Well maybe this is a stupid thread after all since Bill Williamson thinks McD is on the hot seat.

<!-- gradient nav background -->
<style>.post-wrapper .mod-content img, .post-wrapper .mod-content table { vertical-align: none; }</style><script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/sharethis.js#tabs=web%2Cpost&charset=utf-8&style=default&publisher=1e542d6f-546f-4d85-a790-bbaf333155b7&offsetLeft=36&inactivebg=%23e7e7e7&inactivefg=%23444444&linkfg=%23225db7&button=false&embeds=true"></script> AFC West hot seat (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/8393/afc-west-hot-seat-32)

December, 28, 2009 Dec 28
2:00
PM ET

Email (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/8393/afc-west-hot-seat-32#) Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/print?id=8393) Share (javascript:void(0);) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"AFC%20West%20hot%20seat", url:"http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/8393/afc-west-hot-seat-32", published: "2009-12-28" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink-8393")); </script>
By Bill Williamson

We`re putting Denver coach Josh McDaniels on the hot seat this week.

Is there any other choice?

The Broncos are the only AFC West team playing for postseason significance this week.

If they do not make the playoffs, it will be the second time since 1978 an NFL team has failed to make the postseason after starting 6-0. Denver had a 3 1/2-game lead over San Diego after Week 6, but have lost seven of the their past nine games. No team has ever not made the playoffs after leading by 3 1/2 games.

McDaniels` team will long be remembered for its collapse if the Broncos do not make the playoffs. He will not want to live with that memory from his first year as a head coach.

fugoff bill

Taco John
01-01-2010, 06:14 PM

You know, I was actually thinking about this late last night. I think McDaniels has changed too much too fast in an organization that needed a jumpstart, not an entire franchise rebuild.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
It's obvious that Mcdaniels has lost respect of the players in the locker room.He cut down our offensive line , put 2 of our best players in Hillis and Scheffler in the dog house and even talked about what he was going to do in 2010 when the Broncos are fighting for the playoffs. I think the Broncos should just start over again . I like this scenaio of hiring Jim Harbough as head coach who is a exellent leader then hire Charlie Weiss as offensive
cordinator to continue builing on Mcdaniels offensive then keep Nolan as defensive cordinator where he excels.

Sometimes its best to just shut up and let people think your thread is retarded rather than opening your mouth and proving it.

He hasn't lost the locker room. A few malcontents from the Shanny era are being put in check. This is a good thing!

Crushaholic
01-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Mike Leach was fired by Texas Tech. If Leach replaced McD I wonder if he would play Hillis?

Only if Hillis can play quarterback. Leach likes to throw...a lot...

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 06:58 PM
see avatar I want the steelers program . I hate everything NE ! They are no good cheats !

uplink
01-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm in an airport, I'm drunk, and I'm posting from my phone... you're an idiot...

Drinking limerick for you I'll try my best:

There was once a young coach in dove val
Who said, "I have schemes and I'll show them;"
He won a few times
Now the funeral chimes
Sound doleful whenever they mike em.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Look at who is winning in the NFL Steelers disciples

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Sometimes its best to just shut up and let people think your thread is retarded rather than opening your mouth and proving it.

He hasn't lost the locker room. A few malcontents from the Shanny era are being put in check. This is a good thing!

yep it is great . wonderful lol

yep so next year royal and Orton can tear up the league

BroncoBuff
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Now isn't that a bit overboard? You're too insecure about others' opinions, so maybe take your own advice there ...

Royal, Scheffler and Hillis are not malcontents, they should be cornerstones for the offense of the future.

When Jabar Gaffney has more catches than Eddie Royal, your coach is doing something wrong. Period.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah, you do...

When you hire a 32 year old first time head coach you better expect some ups and downs. I doubt bowlen was drinking any of the OM Koolaid

well then you missed the presser were introduced his new head coach . Pat seemed to think the goal is the same each year. Win now . This coach holds on to one damn thing . In the NFL you need to be able to use what you got to win not years of waiting to put together something . He had a team that could win and got out coached the last 10 games .

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
All I ask for is that who ever coaches next year, McDaniels included, doesn't celebrate like he won the SB and take a victory lap after only his 6th victory of the year.

At least wait until your team clinches a playoff spot.

2nd best post of the year .LOL

sixtimeseight
01-01-2010, 07:17 PM

put your money where your mouth is.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 07:20 PM

What is funny is this Question was quite easy to answer . the Rooney's have a clue as to how to build a Team .

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Fixed it for you.

So, anyway...Happy New Year to you all. After a return to the states, getting to see a real Broncos game on regular TV in VA (though surrounded by Eagles fans....geezus what a bunch of douchebags...) I am stepping into to submit my comment on this topic.

How about McDaniels finish a season before we ship him out. I don't recall, Shanny doing so much better with us at the end of last season and that was a coach with 100 milliion years as a head coach (I might have exaggerated his years just a tad). My take is that of a lot of the new head coaches out there this year, this guy is doing quite well. Since nobody saw us going 6 and 0 at all given the off season madness, I am happy to see improvement in our team. Our defense is miles ahead of where it was and Marshall is not behaving as much like a douchebag off the field either. Kyle may not be Mr Rocket Arm, but he controls the ball better then Rocketman in Chicago and I would like to see him do better, but who the heck knows. Would I rather have kept Jay, yes, however, that whiny biatch is where he wants to be and it's working for him and for us. He got his money and we no longer have to pay him to throw interceptions in the redzone.

I have no hesitation supporting this coach through at least another season, but fundamentally, it's all about the team and I will support the Broncos regardless of roster and staff short of hiring OJ Simpson or Michael Vick and then I am just going to root for the AZ Cardinals at that point.

Now have a wonderful day and an awesome new year in 2010!!!:egbgb:

that is strange I don't ever remember Shanahan losing the locker Room .

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Now isn't that a bit overboard? You're too insecure about others' opinions, so maybe take your own advice there ...

Royal, Scheffler and Hillis are not malcontents, they should be cornerstones for the offense of the future.

When Jabar Gaffney has more catches than Eddie Royal, your coach is doing something wrong. Period.

You once asked me to not respond to your posts, so your insecurity nonsense is hilarious, but you have proven to be a hypocrite at times.

I have respected your request and only replied to your non-Broncos posts so if you wish to keep that don't respond to mine.

A coach isn't getting fired after one year especially when Shanny is still owed money. His opinion isn't retarded because thats his own belief. But the post is because it ain't happening.

BroncoBuff
01-01-2010, 07:44 PM
You once asked me to not respond to your posts, so your insecurity nonsense is hilarious but you have proven to be a hypocrite at times.

I have respected your request and only replied to your non-Broncos posts so if you wish to keep that don't respond to mine.

The important point was the second part ... that when Jabar Gaffney has more catches than Eddie Royal, that's just a mistake in coaching strategy.

oubronco
01-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Who said McD has?

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 07:47 PM
The important point was the second part ... that when Jabar Gaffney has more catches than Eddie Royal, that's just a mistake in coaching strategy.

Or a sophmore slump coupled with a few nagging injuries.

Broncobiv
01-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I hate everything NE ! They are no good cheats !

LOL Finally someone brings a rational argument into the discussion!

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/angry-old-man.jpg
"Darn you, McDaniels, ya no-good cheat! Harumph!"

Dagmar
01-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Why the hell do you even ****ing come here? YOu only show up when something "bad" happens. You are as bad as Broncofan7 and rasta.

broncosteven
Or a sophmore slump coupled with a few nagging injuries.

What is Stokely's excuse? Marshall had more yards and TD's in one game than Stokely has had all year.

theAPAOps5

HA I know a few players who disagree with you but they are too classy to speak publicly. Its also funny that the players in the dog house are carry overs from the Club Med days. Good on McD to call out the ones half assing it and not giving it their all this week.

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Why the hell do you even ****ing come here? YOu only show up when something "bad" happens. You are as bad as Broncofan7 and rasta.

Too bad that seems to be more often than not lately.

The "bad" things, not BB posting.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 07:56 PM
What is Stokely's excuse? Marshall had more yards and TD's in one game than Stokely has had all year.

Thats a good question and I can't argue that. My theory is that Ortons skill set doesn't compliment our current OLine. The line is smaller and built for a mobile QB and Orton isn't that. So either they need to continue changing the O-Line or find a more mobile QB.

I think Orton stays for next year but they look for an upgrade in the next few years.

BroncoBuff
01-01-2010, 07:57 PM

My BUDDY!

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Come now Rusty BB posts more than when there is drama. Don't get all up in a tizzy!

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
My BUDDY!

http://www.dollinfo.com/images/80misc/mybudfl.jpg

BroncoBuff
01-01-2010, 08:01 PM
You once asked me to not respond to your posts, so your insecurity nonsense is hilarious, but you have proven to be a hypocrite at times.
Just to be clear, I asked you to stop talking with me because of your FORM, not your CONTENT. Your football takes are fine, but your endless harranguing of those who disagree, especially with your childish "cum-guzzling" insults, is just ... well sorry, below me.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Just to be clear, I asked you to stop talking with me because of your FORM, not your CONTENT. Your football takes are fine, but your endless harranguing of those who disagree, especially with your childish "cum-guzzling" insults, is just ... well sorry, below me.

Yep and I took what you said and understood how childish that was. But you have proven to be just as childish at times. In fact all of us have at times. Thus the hypocrite comment. But I already apologized for my comments and honored your request. I am just pointing out that you shouldn't call out someone who you have asked to not reply. Its kind of counter intuitive and SHOULD be beneath you. :thumbsup:

BroncoBuff
01-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm 6-foot-6, 6-7 in shoes. Almost everything is beneath me :~ohyah!:

theAPAOps5
01-01-2010, 08:13 PM

Okay I spit diet coke with that!

So how about this, I could have worded the post you called out way better. But I was using a rather well known quote and it sounded more funny than harsh in my head.

And now that you have opened the doors of communication what do you say we bury the hatchet?

Archer81
01-01-2010, 08:22 PM
This is a silly thread...

He said, stating the obvious into the twilight of a fading sunset...

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Look at who is winning in the NFL Steelers disciples

They are?

Rivers Delivers
01-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I friggin' hope they don't fire this kid. He's a crazy bastard.

Dagmar
01-01-2010, 08:40 PM

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt136/chode_of_chode_hall/judgefudge.jpg

Rivers Delivers
01-01-2010, 08:42 PM
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt136/chode_of_chode_hall/judgefudge.jpg

Stealing this.

thanks. LOL

BroncoBuff
01-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Funny, Shack. I'm not sure I get it entirely, but it sure seems funny.

This is a silly thread...
Definitely ... McD is going nowhere.

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
I want them to hire Norv Turner when the fire MCD.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 09:13 PM
HA I know a few players who disagree with you but they are too classy to speak publicly. Its also funny that the players in the dog house are carry overs from the Club Med days. Good on McD to call out the ones half assing it and not giving it their all this week.

yep ain't it wonderful he can't keep the team playing as a team . man what spin. !Booya!!Booya!!Booya!

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
They are? yes they are

Broncoman13
01-01-2010, 09:33 PM

Don't be so absolute, you could be surprised!

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
he is not doing a good job of what he promised pat .

uplink
01-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I friggin' hope they don't fire this kid. He's a crazy bastard.

Heard he leaves the toilet pumping his fist after a successful bowel movement.

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 09:46 PM
yes they are

Who?

KevinJames
01-02-2010, 12:42 AM
We fire McDaniels than I will seriously question the direction we are headed in as an organization and Pat Bowlen will be dropping into the ranks of Al Davis.

uplink
01-02-2010, 06:13 AM
We fire McDaniels than I will seriously question the direction we are headed in as an organization and Pat Bowlen will be dropping into the ranks of Al Davis.

Could be Bowlen has seen McD in action now for a year and there is something he doesn't like about the way he runs the team or a personal conflict behind the scenes etc etc. Yeah this is speculation and Bowlen is probably real happy with McD, but the collapse during the end of the season means Bowlen has a legitimate excuse to fire him after only a year and move in another direction if Bowlen really wants to.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Don't be so absolute, you could be surprised!

I would be surprised AND concerned it means Bowlen is just firing from the hip with no forethought.

Dagmar
01-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Could be Bowlen has seen McD in action now for a year and there is something he doesn't like about the way he runs the team or a personal conflict behind the scenes etc etc. Yeah this is speculation and Bowlen is probably real happy with McD, but the collapse during the end of the season means Bowlen has a legitimate excuse to fire him after only a year and move in another direction if Bowlen really wants to.

And it would also mean that our franchise is completely down the ****ter.

Meck77
01-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Popps-GM
Taco-Coach
BPC-O coordinator
Mock-D coordinator

That would be more entertaining then the game itself!

Elway777
01-02-2010, 07:48 AM
I rather get rid of mcdaniels now then go through another year or two of this melodrama that Mcdaniels has put the Broncos through. Mcdaniels is a divisive force that is trying to take over the team. I think Mcdaniels is a good coach but he is tearing the Broncos apart.I think the Broncos could do just fine without McDaniels and all this talk about the Broncos becoming another Oakland is crazy. I rather keep Marshall, Scheffler and Hillis and restore harmony to the orgainization then Mcdaniels.

broncobum6162
01-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Popps-GM
Taco-Coach
BPC-O coordinator
Mock-D coordinator

That would be more entertaining then the game itself!

BTW Meck, I'm glad you got rid of the toe jam before you took that picture in your avatar! :giggle: :wave: JK Have a Happy New Year!

Rivers Delivers
01-02-2010, 07:53 AM
So what the hell does Brian Xanders do?

Beantown Bronco
01-02-2010, 08:02 AM
I rather keep Marshall, Scheffler and Hillis and restore harmony to the orgainization then Mcdaniels.

How soon we forget. It's not like "harmony" and "Marshall" were ever spoken in the same sentence before Josh ever came here.

HAT
01-02-2010, 08:44 AM
I Mcdaniels.......... is trying to take over the team.

LMFAO. A head coach trying to take over the team? That bastard!!!

Where do you people come up with this ****?

JCMElway
01-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I haven't even read anything in this thread because it is pure stupidity. McD made the Broncos instantly competitive with an offseason of turmoil and starting from scratch in many different areas, and someone thinks he's going to be fired? Idiocy, pure idiocy.

watermock
01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Nick Saban.

Cost is no object. I said it 3 years ago and I say it now.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 10:24 AM

No, no, Elway777 has to be the top choice. Rastaman as OC, dragster as TE coach, Hamrob as QB coach. Rev as DC, he can hire Jim Bates as a consultant.

Beantown Bronco
01-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Nick Saban.

And you were just as wrong then as you are now.

Miss I.
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Do we know this? Or do we know whatever bull**** spin is in the media? I mean in terms of either case, McD losing the locker room or Shanny losing or not losing the locker room what is the truth?

All I am saying, is let the guy get a full season under the belt and actually I think he needs at least 2 seasons before his tenure with Denver is reconsidered. I like him, but I liked Shanny too. I am loyal to Orange and Blue, not to individuals. I may or may not like all management decisions or coach decisions, but I also don't know the entire story behind the scenes nor am I an expert on coaching or all things football. I just enjoy a good game and my team winning.

McD will only be a true failure if he learns nothing from his and the team's mistakes and does not use that knowledge to make improvements as needed. On the other hand, he also can't play in the game himself, so if the players are not professional enough to go out and play for their salary and their fans, they should be the ones to go. He can't control them (they have free will to be douchebags or good guys as their will dictates), but he can either incentivize them or punish them as needed. Only time will tell how effective he is and one year is not enough time IMHO to determine that.

Go Broncos! Success to all in the New Year!

uplink
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I haven't even read anything in this thread because it is pure stupidity. McD made the Broncos instantly competitive with an offseason of turmoil and starting from scratch in many different areas, and someone thinks he's going to be fired? Idiocy, pure idiocy.

I don't get the impression anyone 'thinks he will be fired' just some including me think there is a slight chance of it if he loses this weekend. The door is open for Bowlen to make the move if he desires a change IMO.

I think it goes in McDs favor that he is apparently reigning in some problem players which gives hope that the team is on the upswing despite potentially winning only 2 of the last 10 games this year. I hope he stays myself.

~Crash~
01-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I rather get rid of mcdaniels now then go through another year or two of this melodrama that Mcdaniels has put the Broncos through. Mcdaniels is a divisive force that is trying to take over the team. I think Mcdaniels is a good coach but he is tearing the Broncos apart.I think the Broncos could do just fine without McDaniels and all this talk about the Broncos becoming another Oakland is crazy. I rather keep Marshall, Scheffler and Hillis and restore harmony to the orgainization then Mcdaniels.

it is not about keeping a player but more about utilizing what is on your team ! and McD has totally failed in this area.

we got player that should have won this year on the Oside of the ball .

if we had a wiley coach we are easly in the playoffs. we had a great D they have been on the field to long with no back ups.

~Crash~
01-02-2010, 10:46 AM
the 1 yard dive play on first down killed this team.

watermock
01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
Nick Saban.

And you were just as wrong then as you are now.

Really, other than money allready wasted, why not?

The guy was winning against Urban till Tebow puled it out, and Urban collapsed ater the 09 tilt.

The problem is money, and he's a god there now.

Good luck next year.

Lot of time to ponder that, huh, how we blew a 3.5 lead midway in the season.

I think ringing in Capers, Nolan, Saban or Ryan along with a capable RB, we would allre ady in th playoffs.

baja
01-02-2010, 11:04 AM
OK I read only the first 5 posts but can someone tell me how this ridiculous thread got to be 6 pages long???

barryr
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Nick Saban? Yeah, he did wonderous things with the Dolphins. He needs to stay in college.

I saw an NFL Network show just this week about the top 10 coaches who should have stayed in college and guess who was n the list? Saban.

Had interviews from people in that organization glad he left and hedidn't even know the names of his players. Yeah, let's hire him.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM

I've seen documentaries about you. The legend of Broncosquatch. :wiggle:

OBF1
01-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Idiots are born every day..... Happy Birthday 777

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 11:49 AM

You keep harping on this. There's a lot of factors involved, not just poor coaching strategy.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
OK I read only the first 5 posts but can someone tell me how this ridiculous thread got to be 6 pages long???

Dorks post that McDouchebag has done a horrible job, anti-dorks tell dorks they're stupid, dorks say they're not stupid. And there we are.

WABronco
01-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Come on guys this is a serious, thought provoking thread.

baja
01-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Dorks post that McDouchebag has done a horrible job, anti-dorks tell dorks they're stupid, dorks say they're not stupid. And there we are.

Thank You that's about what I expected, glad I didn't read the whole thing.

bowtown
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Me.

Cost is no object.

Mecklomaniac
01-02-2010, 01:38 PM

You got it backwards. It's McHomers posting that 2-7 is really isn't that bad, anti-McHomers telling them there stupid, McHomers saying there not stupid.

I loathe McKiffen, but really doubt that Bowlen dumps him after one year. Just like the son of Bum got two seasons, Bowlen likely will give him some time.

Would rather see a strong GM brought in, kind of like Holmgren being brought in in Clev.

SoCalBronco
01-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Mike Leach!

It might not be a bad idea if our staff went and visited with Mike Leach this offseason to come up with some new ideas to bolster our passing game, especially if they lose Marshall. We're going to need to move the ball without alot of talent. We don't need to run 150 different passing plays to be successful. What Leach (and Mumme, Franklin, Dykes, Hatcher, Holgerson et al) does is focus on just a handful of concepts and makes it more versatile by adding tags to each play so that 15 passes can seem like about 45. They run a great offense because it's so simple and they can get so good at doing just a few things well. It's all about muscle memory. If they run the Mesh route or the Y-Cross route 120 times in a single three day practice week, they'll be able to throw the route against every type of pass coverage 10-15 times. There's nothing you can throw at them that they haven't practiced each route combination against numerous times. I would love to see Denver running some of the classic Air Raid pass plays and pare down some of our other stuff in the dropback game. It's not alot, its only about 17 base things and they could learn the tags very easily. They can still keep their I stuff and playaction stuff, but they can pare down their current shotgun and dropback game and incorporate more Air Raid stuff. I would also like to see Josh use some of their drills. They are very advanced in drills. I have a drill tape from when Leach was at Kentucky and he describes and shows their "Routes on Air" drill. They align cans or extremely large cones in the form of a zone defense they expect to see and use 5 QBs in the drill, along with the 5 skill position players. Every QB throws a pass on every play when he gets to his read to one of the recievers in the pattern and they can go through their entire passing game against a single zone defense in 15 minutes. If they were game planning against 4 or 5 expected zone defenses, they could go through the whole passing game in about an hour, with every one of the 5 skill positon players getting a pass thrown to them (and running a route) on every single play and every QB making a read and throwing a pass every single play. That's like 100 continuous repetitions involving everyone in less than half of a single practice.

Here's some video (first 45 seconds) of an abbreviated version of the Routes on Air drill run by a HS Air Raid team, although it only uses 3 QBs instead of 5, as there are only 3 reads on the route (Shallow) they are running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SVUtMM8CY

broncosteven
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
It might not be a bad idea if our staff went and visited with Mike Leach this offseason to come up with some new ideas to bolster our passing game, especially if they lose Marshall. We're going to need to move the ball without alot of talent. We don't need to run 150 different passing plays to be successful. What Leach (and Mumme, Franklin, Dykes, Hatcher, Holgerson et al) does is focus on just a handful of concepts and makes it more versatile by adding tags to each play so that 15 passes can seem like about 45. They run a great offense because it's so simple and they can get so good at doing just a few things well. It's all about muscle memory. If they run the Mesh route or the Y-Cross route 120 times in a single three day practice week, they'll be able to throw the route against every type of pass coverage 10-15 times. There's nothing you can throw at them that they haven't practiced each route combination against numerous times. I would love to see Denver running some of the classic Air Raid pass plays and pare down some of our other stuff in the dropback game. It's not alot, its only about 17 base things and they could learn the tags very easily. They can still keep their I stuff and playaction stuff, but they can pare down their current shotgun and dropback game and incorporate more Air Raid stuff. I would also like to see Josh use some of their drills. They are very advanced in drills. I have a drill tape from when Leach was at Kentucky and he describes and shows their "Routes on Air" drill. They align cans or extremely large cones in the form of a zone defense they expect to see and use 5 QBs in the drill, along with the 5 skill position players. Every QB throws a pass on every play when he gets to his read to one of the recievers in the pattern and they can go through their entire passing game against a single zone defense in 15 minutes. If they were game planning against 4 or 5 expected zone defenses, they could go through the whole passing game in about an hour, with every one of the 5 skill positon players getting a pass thrown to them (and running a route) on every single play and every QB throwing a pass every single play. That's like 100 continuous repetitions involving everyone in less than half of a single practice.

Here's some video (first 45 seconds) of an abbreviated version of the Routes on Air drill run by a HS Air Raid team, although it only uses 3 QBs instead of 5, as there are only 3 reads on the route (Shallow) they are running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SVUtMM8CY

I am sure Josh will get HIS guys to run HIS system after 3 or 4 or 5 more drafts/offseasons.

They will all be able to solve a rubics cube while running a 4.4, or better, forty.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2010, 04:17 PM
You got it backwards. It's McHomers posting that 2-7 is really isn't that bad, anti-McHomers telling them there stupid, McHomers saying there not stupid.

I loathe McKiffen, but really doubt that Bowlen dumps him after one year. Just like the son of Bum got two seasons, Bowlen likely will give him some time.

Would rather see a strong GM brought in, kind of like Holmgren being brought in in Clev.

Just relax, Jebus. This is a first year HC competing for a wildcard. I'm not his lawyer and I'm not his girlfriend, I just figure trying to give him the bum's rush is plain ridiculous.

colonelbeef
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
McDaniels will be in Denver for 3 years minimum. Best look at ways to improve the offense instead.

broncosteven
01-02-2010, 06:49 PM
McDaniels will be in Denver for 3 years minimum. Best look at ways to improve the offense instead.

and shore up the front 7 of the D and find a kick/punt returner.