PDA

View Full Version : No Marshall for the Chiefs

Pages : [1] 2 3

BroncoDoug
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
McD just said he would be inactive for sunday...

chit

BroncoDoug
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
said it was a coaching decision, not injury

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
That makes zero sense.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
WTF? A Coaching decision? He has no respect for the Chiefs does he? lol! Saving Marshall for the playoffs? lol! Guess Marshall doesn't catch12 against the ****ty chiefs and break his personal best..:D! Is there a bonus clause in his contract McDumbnuts doesn't want to pay?

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
We should make Simms inactive and make Stater Salad the backup and then rest Orton after the first quarter! Aftr all it's just the Chiefs!

Aftermath
01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
***c this team

RhymesayersDU
01-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Coaching decision? Now what happened...?

Denver724
01-01-2010, 10:42 AM
From Frank Schwab on Twitter

Basically, McD's message is Marshall wouldn't play through some injuries that others will play with on Sunday.

Marshall will be deactivated Sunday. McD says it is an accountability issue, not just injury.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion

This deal is done. Marshall is as good as gone. Hopefully we can get a 1st.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 10:43 AM
WOWSA!

Not good. Marshall is GONE Next season..........

Denver724
01-01-2010, 10:44 AM
From Vic Lombardi's Twitter

McDaniels indicates Marshall doesn't want to play with slight hamstring injury.

So Marshall won't play. Judging from the coach's reaction, I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever play for the Broncos again.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Accountability issue?

So, McDaniels thinks Marshall is dogging it with his hamstring and wants him to be out there. After all, everyone is banged up at this time in the season. Marshall, for whatever reason, is taking it easy and not pushing himself to be out there for Sunday. McDaniels then, essentially, benches Marshall for not trying hard enough.

Is that about right?

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 10:48 AM
If Marshall is dogging it, **** him and goodbye.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Accountability issue?

So, McDaniels thinks Marshall is dogging it with his hamstring and wants him to be out there. After all, everyone is banged up at this time in the season. Marshall, for whatever reason, is taking it easy and not pushing himself to be out there for Sunday. McDaniels then, essentially, benches Marshall for not trying hard enough.

Is that about right?

Impressive.

and after the 2010 season, McGenius will be back to looking for an OC position............for himself.

Denver724
01-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Accountability issue?

Is that about right?

I guess McD doesn't have much hope in making the postseason. I am really looking forward to hearing Marshall's comments.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 10:51 AM
CBS text came through saying it's due to injury. What was the wording from the McDaniels presser?

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah this makes sense! Marshall..the only Offensive monster we have had all year, is suddenly dogging it with the season on the line AND McDUMBASS is just gonna sit him? I smell some BullChit!

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 10:55 AM
This can't be a case of his agent telling him to take it easy for the potential offseason payday. Hamstrings don't fall in that category.

cmhargrove
01-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Does anyone else have a hard time believing this yet?

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time buying the deactivation until I see the official injury report / activation list.

If he's out, just keep passing it to Moreno. I think he has been very dependable catching out of the backfield. Keep feeding him the short passes until they can stop him - then find another target.

eddie mac
Yeah this makes sense! Marshall..the only Offensive monster we have had all year, is suddenly dogging it with the season on the line AND McDUMBASS is just gonna sit him? I smell some BullChit!

Off course it's always the rookie HC's fault and not for one second could anyone consider Marshall to be a villain given his polished record. WTF was he suspended for earlier this year again???

WolfpackGuy
Looks like Marshall got the final word.

elsid13
01-01-2010, 10:58 AM
No Marshall, No Scheff, Maybe no Royal and who are we throwing to? Or is Orton running the triple option this week?

TonyR
01-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Brandon Marshall benched
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 1, 2010 12:34 PM ET

Brandon Marshall will sit out Denver's season finale, but it's not just because of his hamstring injury.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels announced Friday Marshall will sit because of a coach's decision.

McDaniels reportedly said the reason was an accountability issue. According to the Twitter account of Colorado Springs Gazette reporter Frank Schwab: "McD's message is Marshall wouldn't play through some injuries that others will play with on Sunday."

Marshall was suspended by McDaniels in training camp, when Marshall also appeared to milk an injury and give less than full effort. Marshall's contract is up after the season, and he may be trying to avoid an injury that keeps him from getting paid.

Of course, an incident like this is a huge reminder that any long-term contract for Marshall will have its risks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/01/brandon-marshall-benched/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/01/marshall-out/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29

HAT
01-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Accountability issue?

Is that about right?

Sounds about right to me.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Njy5_zgi0A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Njy5_zgi0A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

elsid13
01-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Marshall is reporting (via Denver Post) that he doesn't know anything about the accountability issue. That it is due to his hamstring.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
The guy pulled his hamstring on Wednesday. Has anyone on this board every pulled a hamstring. You can't just will yourself to play. It takes time to heal up...at least a week.

To me, it seems like McDaniels has already turned the page on 2009. He's throwing in the towel. The guy brings in Colquit for 2010, he inactivates Scheff, he talks about getting ready for 2010 and now he talks smack about Marshall (A guy that he doesn't want to resign and needs public opinion on his side to avoid another Cutler fiasco).

This is our Headcoach Folks. What a punk!

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Any comment from Marshall's hammy?

Looks like "The Coach" is hellbent on getting LITTLE or NO compensation for Marshall this offseason.

gyldenlove
01-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Let me guess, we are going to ride Morenos 2 yard per carry average all the way to 8-8 and another epic failure of a season....

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 11:10 AM
It didn't take long for the retards to appear did it.

orinjkrush
01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
amazing amount of drama going on.

"As the Broncos World turns", tune in for next episode

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:13 AM
The guy pulled his hamstring on Wednesday. Has anyone on this board every pulled a hamstring. You can't just will yourself to play. It takes time to heal up...at least a week.

To me, it seems like McDaniels has already turned the page on 2009. He's throwing in the towel. The guy brings in Colquit for 2010, he inactivates Scheff, he talks about getting ready for 2010 and now he talks smack about Marshall (A guy that he doesn't want to resign and needs public opinion on his side to avoid another Cutler fiasco).

This is our Headcoach Folks. What a punk!

:welcome: I've pulled a Hamstring more than once! Marshall had a problem with this in TC. Hammies are a tricky thing.you can't get any push off and with Marshall's Beast style of play it would be a problem. Is Sheffler being dopped to the scout team because he is a soft big baby too? Or is McDumbass being a little Biatch again?

elsid13
01-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Eddie Mac you don't think it odd that McDaniels made that comment? All he needed to say was Marshall isn't playing due to injury. Of course he could be attempting to play Belicheat mind game and forcing/shaming an injured player to play.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Let me guess, we are going to ride Morenos 2 yard per carry average all the way to 8-8 and another epic failure of a season....

And the fanboys will rejoice! Now they are citing 'strength of schedule' to show how this years team is an improvement over last years :rofl:

McGenius--Terminate him NOW BOWLEN.

Broncomutt
01-01-2010, 11:15 AM
And somebody please explain to me again how McDaniels always puts the best players on the field?

Not defending Marshall, he's a child obviously. But apparently McDaniels has ZERO ability to coach him into a man.

**** you Marshall :cuss:
**** you too McDaniels 4321~

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:15 AM
:welcome: I've pulled a hamstring more than once! Marshall had a problem with this in tc. Hammies are a tricky thing.you can't get any push off and with marshall's beast style of play it would be a problem. Is sheffler being dopped to the scout team because he is a soft big baby too? or is mcdumbass being a little biatch again?

bingo!

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:17 AM
And the fanboys will rejoice! Now they are citing 'strength of schedule' to show how this years team is an improvement over last years :rofl:

Nolan is the reason we won any games this year..dispite McDaniels' conservative crap he calls an offense! Wasted alot of Offensive talent! I hear Cowher is looking to coach ;)!

eddie mac
Eddie Mac you don't think it odd that McDaniels made that comment? All he needed to say was Marshall isn't playing due to injury. Of course he could be attempting to play Belicheat mind game and forcing/shaming an injured player to play.

I'm not swaying either way at present but I'm more than interested to see how many of our so-called fans **** off our HC before they even know an ounce of the facts surrounding this.

I've said all along though if any current Bronco regardless of talent does not want to play for this team, he can **** off out the door, no tears from me.

broncofan7
Don't worry, Royal will pick up the slack.

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Nolan is the reason we won any games this year..dispite McDaniels' conservative crap he calls an offense! Wasted alot of Offensive talent! I hear Cowher is looking to coach ;)!

Who hired Nolan???

HAT
01-01-2010, 11:20 AM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/the_hat_album/bf7.jpg

elsid13
01-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm not swaying either way at present but I'm more than interested to see how many of our so-called fans **** off our HC before they even know an ounce of the facts surrounding this.

I've said all along though if any current Bronco regardless of talent does not want to play for this team, he can **** off out the door, no tears from me.

This doesn't appear like Marshall is trying to "get off" the team. Camera caught the injury and it appears rehab isn't working. The guy has shown up a played all season, I don't see him screwing up his best chance to make the playoffs and making millions by faking it

eddie mac
See the problem is here, you're all spoilt from the Shanahan years and how he dealt with players, short of sucking their cocks he protected them to the hilt. He even backed a drug-dealing **** of a father.

That's why McD came in here to a roster full of defeatest pussies and cry babies and gave them an identity within weeks by getting shot of the biggest one of all and making them work for a living.

DBroncos4life

I agree. Seee post 12

ColoradoDarin
01-01-2010, 11:24 AM

hahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

eddie mac
This doesn't appear like Marshall is trying to "get off" the team. Camera caught the injury and it appears rehab isn't working. The guy has shown up a played all season, I don't see him screwing up his best chance to make the playoffs and making millions by faking it

Get real elsid, his stance hasn't changed with any of the comments he's made throughout the season. For sure he's playing, but he aint playing for Denver, he's playing for the $$$ wherever they're going to come from.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Cry about it, ******.

broncofan7

Nolan is the reason for our 6-0 start for sure.........slide him over to HC and trade
Orton straight up for Cutler.......LOL

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
cry about it, ******.

clown.

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
I agree. Seee post 12

DB happy new year to as well mate.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Who hired Nolan???

Don't fool yourself..it was Bowlen! Had a talk early in the year with an unamed Broncos source and part of the reason Shanny was fired was Bowlen wanted him to hire Nolan "Previous Bronco ties and Dominant Defensive Coordinator resume" and Shannahan baulked. Bowlen had Nolan on speed dial from the second the '9ers fird him!

Would say who it was but don't want to ruin the source cause you clowns would blast it all over the web...lol! You should notice though that Nolan was announce days after McNumbnuts was and NOBODY ELSE WAS INTERVIEWED OR CONCIDERED!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
clown.

Cock smoker.

You're such a whiny little bitch. It's unreal.

TonyR
...he inactivates Scheff...

Is this certain? I just did a quick search and don't see it reported anywhere.

elsid13
Get real elsid, his stance hasn't changed with any of the comments he's made throughout the season. For sure he's playing, but he aint playing for Denver, he's playing for the $$$ wherever they're going to come from.

Dude he is professional athlete, they ALL are playing to make the most money they can in their limited professional life span.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Don't fool yourself..it was Bowlen! Had a talk early in the year with an unamed Broncos source and part of the reason Shanny was fired was Bowlen wanted him to hire Nolan "Previous Bronco ties and Dominant Defensive Coordinator resume" and Shannahan baulked. Bowlen had Nolan on speed dial from the second the '9ers fird him!

Would say who it was but don't want to ruin the source cause you clowns would blast it all over the web...lol! You should notice though that Nolan was announce days after McNumbnuts was and NOBODY ELSE WAS INTERVIEWED OR CONCIDERED!

I HAVE TOP SECRET SOURCES! I KNOW MORE THAN EVERYONE!

Nevermind that McDaniels was the one calling to hire Nolan. D'oh! Another failure from the Cutler Widows Club.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:28 AM

Yup...McD Wanted Capers initially.....they had worked together at NE......

Bronco Warrior
Nolan is the reason for our 6-0 start for sure.........slide him over to HC and trade

Nolan might not have the stones for HC but he is a badass old school ganster when it comes to Defense! Keep him there! McDaniels is a decent figure-head as a HC but he needs to grow up and learn to unbunch his panties when it comes to play-calling!

WolfpackGuy
Bringing in Nolan was probably the offseason move of the year in the NFL.

Other moves by "The Coach" have totally negated the Nolan hiring though.

Especially on offense.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Nevermind that McDaniels was the one calling to hire Nolan. D'oh! Another failure from the Cutler Widows Club.

Failure= everytime you touch your keyboard.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Bringing in Nolan was probably the offseason move of the year in the NFL.

Other moves by "The Coach" have totally negated the Nolan hiring though.

Yeah? Like the Dawkins signing?

Cool story, bro.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Failure= everytime you touch your keyboard.

Only when I'm shedding light on your failures, which is CONSTANTLY.

DBroncos4life
DB happy new year to as well mate.

I'm sorry man that wasn't called for. I'm just tired of losing and tired of players with talent wanting out of Denver.

broncofan7
Is this certain? I just did a quick search and don't see it reported anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised...Much like Royal, Scheffler has been under utilized to a great extent

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Dude he is professional athlete, they ALL are playing to make the most money they can in their limited professional life span.

That's regardless elsid he's continued sniping about our franchise even when he came back and was playing well. There's no team in Brandon Marshall and that's a consideration every coach has to take with a player like him.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:32 AM

So because Lil Joshie McDumbnuts made a phone call you think it negates the facts? Typical OM! Fact: McDaniels didn't interview a single DC including Nolan. Fact: his first choice was Capers and Capers was still available when Nolan was hired! Bowlen fired his BFF over a DC choice....you think he was going to let a wet nosed kid do the same thing to him?

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Only when I'm shedding light on your failures, which is CONSTANTLY.

No 'only' about it....your ineptitude and LACK of football content within the MAJORITY of your posts on this site comes through loud and clear ....you have no game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
So because Lil Joshie McDumbnuts made a phone call you think it negates the facts? Typical OM! Fact: McDaniels didn't interview a single DC including Nolan. Fact: his first choice was Capers and Capers was still available when Nolan was hired! Bowlen fired his BFF over a DC choice....you think he was going to let a wet nosed kid do the same thing to him?

Typical OM indeed. You don't know your ass from a banjo.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
No 'only' about it....your ineptitude and LACK of football content within the MAJORITY of your posts on this site comes through loud and clear ....you have no game.

I forget: which part of being a racist asshole who only insults others is "football content"?

Bronx33
We don't need him to beat the cheaps...

eddie mac
I'm sorry man that wasn't called for. I'm just tired of losing and tired of players with talent wanting out of Denver.

It's reality mate, just have to accept it. Not like you or I are gonna give up watching or start rooting for another team and all the gurning from us about McDaniels or Marshall or whoever wont change that.

There's obviously something still wrong there and I dont see any easy fix in order for Marshall to stay here.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
I forget: which part of being a racist a-hole who only insults others is "football content"?

Link?

First off--my postings are not RACIST--and when I post on the mane discussion--I post about FOOTBALL.

Secondly, I never insult a specific poster INITIALLY. Once they write a response to my post that contains terms like 'retard, ASS clown, etc'--then I begin to break them down and shine a mirror on them............

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:39 AM
It's reality mate, just have to accept it. Not like you or I are gonna give up watching or start rooting for another team and all the gurning from us about McDaniels or Marshall or whoever wont change that.

There's obviously something still wrong there and I dont see any easy fix in order for Marshall to stay here.

I just think there's a lot more to this than we're hearing. And I'm guessing most of the folks overreacting -- the usual suspects there -- are just running on what is a sub-140 character tweet about the situation and taking it as gold.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah? Like the Dawkins signing?

Cool story, bro.

Nolan was the influence in getting Dawkins not The Boy Emperor! Dawkins had faith in Nolan and thought he was going to be playing with a Pro Bowl QB and a top offense!

For the record the 'source' of which I spoke is head of Bronco Media. That's all I should say. Also gave me the real deal about the "Don't Gloat" situation with Marshall aquittal! DM is a tricky subject even when you are falsely accused and blackmailed and then aquitted ;)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Link? First off--my postings are not RACIST--and when I post on the mane discussion--I post about FOOTBALL.

Secondly, I never insult a specific poster INITIALLY. Once they write a response to my post that contains terms like 'retard, ASS clown, etc'--then I begin to break them down and shine a mirror on them............

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. you and I both know why you were banned, White Power. convince your mom you're innocent; I don't buy stock in bull****.

scttgrd
So I guess football is only a buisness when it benefits the organization, when a player does what's best for himself he's a punk.

Taco John
Why do people keep saying that McDaniel's has made Scheffler inactive? I can't find a single report from a credible media source saying this.

skpac1001
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM

Yes, but there is certainly a difference between the professional athlete Dawkins and the professional athlete Marshall. For Dawkins being a professional means getting paid AND acting like a professional. Marshall focuses more on the getting paid part.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Nolan was the influence in getting Dawkins not The Boy Emperor! Dawkins had faith in Nolan and thought he was going to be playing with a Pro Bowl QB and a top offense!

For the record the 'source' of which I spoke is head of Bronco Media. That's all I should say. Also gave me the real deal about the "Don't Gloat" situation with Marshall aquittal! DM is a tricky subject even when you are falsely accused and blackmailed and then aquitted ;)

That's. Not. The. Point.

The poster said that there weren't any other good moves by McDaniels. Yet Dawkins said that McD had him "drinking the orange kool aid."

Again, your argument is moot.

Patrick Smyth is your source? I've known him for years. Has never said anything remotely close to what you're saying now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Why do people keep saying that McDaniel's has made Scheffler inactive? I can't find a single report from a credible media source saying this.

Why bother with facts and solid information when there's trouble to stir?

I sent you a few examples of people derailing threads. Haven't had time to look at those yet, huh Taco? Pretty busy are ya?

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. you and I both know why you were banned, White Power. convince your mom you're innocent; I don't buy stock in bull****.

just another posting of yours that is devoid of facts---I was banned for insulting the work ethic of Floridabronco RE: Him wanting to be a police officer. He said that I knew nothing about Football, then I wrote about why we shouldn't be listening to a guy who cannot complete a police academy. Socal for some UNKNOWN PERSONAL reason, took great offense to me pointing this out and banned me. Look it up.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Typical OM indeed. You don't know your ass from a banjo.

Never confuse the MOOSe with facts or evidence or he will call you names to feel better and try to hide his ignorance on the subject of Bronco Football! Wow he even will resort to calling somebody a racist with out basis to hide the fact he's a flamer! (Board Flamer) Wouldn't want to be accusd of being a gay basher! lmao!

_Oro_
01-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Does anyone else think its just a coincidence that Bm gets the probowl nod and all of a sudden he stops playing. His value was down and he worked his a** off to get his value up. Now it's peaked and he's going to sit on it. Good thing is we'll franchise him and get picks while using our money to sign Doom.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Never confuse the MOOSe with facts or evidence or he will call you names to feel better and try to hide his ignorance on the subject of Bronco Football! Wow he even will resort to calling somebody a racist with out basis to hide the fact he's a flamer! (Board Flamer) Wouldn't want to be accusd of being a gay basher! lmao!

More brilliant insight from the 8 year old of the board. Tell us more about your inside sources Warrior! And then defend KKKFan7.

skpac1001
01-01-2010, 11:46 AM
So I guess football is only a buisness when it benefits the organization, when a player does what's best for himself he's a punk.

Football is a business when it is handled professionally. Marshall has a history of acting unprofessionally, and often just plain childish, and if he did anything to make that reputation worse then I doubt he helped himself much.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 11:46 AM

I sent you a few examples of people derailing threads. Haven't had time to look at those yet, huh Taco? Pretty busy are ya?

Yeah. I haven't checked my email all week. I'm on vacation.

HEAV
01-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Accountability issue?

Is that about right?

I can see both sides.

Marshall wants to protect his health and be able to showcase himself at the probowl to other teams. He feels the season is over and not going to risk himself in what he considers a meaningless game. Marshall is all about the $$$ right now.

Coch McDaniels expects everyone to play that can play. He wants the player to be about the team and to give everything they got (even when hurt).

Shanny called out many players for not playing hurt and being more about themselves than the team.

I'm not going to pick side on this. Both sides are doing whats best for them.

As for the offseason... franchise Marshall and get the 1st rounders from some team willing to part with them. Then in the draft use the Bears pick and select Dez Bryant.

Bronco Warrior
That's. Not. The. Point.

The poster said that there weren't any other good moves by McDaniels. Yet Dawkins said that McD had him "drinking the orange kool aid."

Again, your argument is moot.

Patrick Smyth is your source? I've known him for years. Has never said anything remotely close to what you're saying now.

Um No! Maybe I got his actual title wrong. and it was a private..not public comment you toadstool!

And Dawkins is too classy to go over the HC to give Nolan the Credit directly on his first presser! The Koolaid remember? Dawkins doesn't play offense remeber! You got to believe in your DC regardless of who the HC! You think he would have come to play for Shanny and Slowik?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Yeah. I haven't checked my email all week. I'm on vacation.

What a coincidence! So is this board's integrity!

Seriously, enjoy your vacation.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:48 AM
More brilliant insight from the 8 year old of the board. Tell us more about your inside sources Warrior! And then defend KKKFan7.

Link?

Or did you want me to post the FBI crime statistics again?

Or maybe you can go trolling around Lodo late at night in Denver :rofl:

For emphasis--SEE THE LINK.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_13835315?source=commented-news

Bronx33

You really think taco needs to deal with thread derailers? it's not even feasible to attempt.

elsid13

Frank Schwab just tweeted this: (he answering question about this)

@fs3142 Scheffler is in the same thing. Think McD said don't know if he'll be active RT @YourBroncosZone Think we'll see Scheffler a ton this Sun?

scttgrd
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Football is a business when it is handled professionally. Marshall has a history of acting unprofessionally, and often just plain childish, and if he did anything to make that reputation worse then I doubt he helped himself much.

And the Broncos have a history of misdiagnosing injuries and then using that as leverage. Anyone remember Al Wison? How did that turn out for good old Al? And Brandon has a reason or two to look out for his health considering the way he was handled in the past and his contract situation. It certainly could have been handled better but it is what it is.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM

That was NOT a thread DERAIL. Of ALL the posters to bring this 'issue' up.....:rofl:

You are the very definition of a hypocrite.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:50 AM
[/B]

Um No! Maybe I got his actual title wrong. and it was a private..not public comment you toadstool!

And Dawkins is too classy to go over the HC to give Nolan the Credit directly on his first presser! The Koolaid remember? Dawkins doesn't play offense remeber! You got to believe in your DC regardless of who the HC! You think he would have come to play for Shanny and Slowik?

I understand that it was a private comment. I talk to him weekly about the Broncos, and he's never said ANYTHING like what you're saying. Not even close.

you're making stuff up.

And say what you want about what you believe Dawkins said and what he actually meant; you may be able to read minds, but based on your football takes I'm going to guess that's not the case either.

Bronco Warrior

A flaming idiot calling me an 8 yr old? lol! Been a bronco fan longer than your punk azz has been alive, and actually played the game unlike you ;)! Keep talking genius!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
You really think taco needs to deal with thread derailers? it's not even feasible to attempt.

Those were his instructions. Just doing what I was asked.

Taco John

I just reviewed the posts you reported.

Wow. You're a HUGE wuss.

I can take criticism from you in perfect stride without having to think too much about it. I can't believe some of the weak stuff you reported.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:53 AM
A flaming idiot calling me an 8 yr old? lol! Been a bronco fan longer than your punk azz has been alive, and actually played the game unlike you ;)! Keep talking genius!

Blah blah blah. you know nothing about me, and your attempts to "prove" your superior knowledge fail because it's so very evident that you don't know what you're talking about.

Have fun chasing your tail.

Taco John
What a coincidence! So is this board's integrity!

Seriously, enjoy your vacation.

I don't run a babysitting service here. It's a discussion forum. The posts you reported have more to do with your personal feelings towards the points the posters were making than them actually being off topic. I don't see the need to intervene for such things. There are much bigger fish to fry.

broncofan7

Wow. You're a HUGE wuss.

I can take criticism from you in perfect stride without having to think too much about it. I can't believe some of the weak stuff you reported.

:sunshine:

He's the BIGGEST hypocrite on this board.........

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:54 AM

Wow. You're a HUGE wuss.

Taco, you asked me to report thread derailments. I did.

Call me a wuss if you like. I could honestly care less about what the owner of a middling Broncos message board thinks of me.

Continue to stroke the trolls cocks. They LOVE it.

WolfpackGuy
Can you franchise a RFA like Marshall?

I thought they could only get a 1st and 3rd if they offered the max tender?

elsid13
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-marsha...,5501501.story (http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-marshall-inactive-010110,0,5501501.story)

Broncos WR in coach's doghouse again

DENVER, Colo. - A new year. A new Brandon Marshall controversy.

Denver Broncos head coach dropped a bombshell Friday, announcing that wide receiver Brandon Marshall will not be active for Sunday's must-win season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs.

McDaniels told reporters that Marshall was being benched due a "coaches decision" not entirely related to a hamstring injury he sustained during Wednesday's practice. He said other players on the team who are more injured will be playing.

Marshall leads the team with 101 catches for 1,120 yards and ten touchdowns this season.

"Coach never played in the NFL," Marshall told reporters after the decision. "I'm going to handle this professionally."

Marshall, who demanded a trade after last season, was last benched during an exhibition game when McDaniels felt he was slacking-off during a team practice.

In order to reach the playoffs, the Broncos need to beat the Chiefs and need help in other games involving AFC contenders.

broncofan7
I don't run a babysitting service here. It's a discussion forum. The posts you reported have more to do with your personal feelings towards the points the posters were making than them actually being off topic. I don't see the need to intervene for such things. There are much bigger fish to fry.

Hilarious!

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Coming from you, that's really something.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-marsha...,5501501.story (http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-marshall-inactive-010110,0,5501501.story)

DENVER, Colo. - A new year. A new Brandon Marshall controversy.

Denver Broncos head coach dropped a bombshell Friday, announcing that wide receiver Brandon Marshall will not be active for Sunday's must-win season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs.

McDaniels told reporters that Marshall was being benched due a "coaches decision" not entirely related to a hamstring injury he sustained during Wednesday's practice. He said other players on the team who are more injured will be playing.

Marshall leads the team with 101 catches for 1,120 yards and ten touchdowns this season.

"Coach never played in the NFL," Marshall told reporters after the decision. "I'm going to handle this professionally."

Marshall, who demanded a trade after last season, was last benched during an exhibition game when McDaniels felt he was slacking-off during a team practice.

In order to reach the playoffs, the Broncos need to beat the Chiefs and need help in other games involving AFC contenders.

Well done BMarsh. Bowlen, please correct your HUGE error from last off-season.......quarantine this Virus of a headcoach.....

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 11:57 AM

W-O-W

Well, he could get cut outright.

HAT
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Wait, What?

You're making this too easy kid......

Hypocrisy =

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I understand that it was a private comment. I talk to him weekly about the Broncos, and he's never said ANYTHING like what you're saying. Not even close.

you're making stuff up.

And say what you want about what you believe Dawkins said and what he actually meant; you may be able to read minds, but based on your football takes I'm going to guess that's not the case either.

Not the same guy we are taking about. Again you think that a Dawkins type plays for his HC or a worthy DC?

Stick to the facts: Capers available (Joshie's First choice) when nola was hired. Nolan the only DC talked to and hired hours after McDaniels. Shannahan fired for not getting the DC Bowlen wanted! Bowlen has history with Nolan. The circumstancing obviously all point towards Josh being the force behind the Nolan hire not Bowlen!

broncocalijohn
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
[/B]

it is going to be tough to actually take anything you dish out BW after what everyone witnessed a few months back. I would say to take whatever you say as a grain of salt. But dont fret; you are still my avatar. ROCKERS LIVE!

DenverBrit
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM

People making up drama about McPoopyPants? On the Mane? Are you sure?? ;D

broncofan7
Coming from you, that's really something.

example?

When I am wrong..IE--that we'd win 5 games this year, I admit it....but we won those games based on NOLAN's expertise............McGenius is supposed to be an offensive wizard--and he has done nothing but to decrease the effectiveness of this Offense --his area of 'expertise' is the very thing that is holding us back---YOU COULD NOT SAY THAT ABOUT OUR LAST HEAD COACH.

elsid13
I"m "stealing" this from TNED posting on the forums

From Jones tweet

RT @PostBroncos: BM: "When you have a muscle injury, that thing doesn’t heal overnight. I got to do my best to be there for the playoffs. It has nothing to do with accountability."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Not the same guy we are taking about. Again you think that a Dawkins type plays for his HC or a worthy DC?

Stick to the facts: Capers available (Joshie's First choice) when nola was hired. Nolan the only DC talked to and hired hours after McDaniels. Shannahan fired for not getting the DC Bowlen wanted! Bowlen has history with Nolan. The circumstancing obviously all point towards Josh being the force behind the Nolan hire not Bowlen!

I think Dawkins plays to play football. Because he loves it. Because it flows through his freakin' veins. And he wanted to come into a good all-around situation. He may like Nolan a lot. He could also have bought in to what McD was telling him, as he SAID he did.

McD wasn't even allowed to interview his first choice, yet he drafted who he wanted and the front office duties were essentially given to him? Seriously?

elsid13
01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
People making up drama about McPoopyPants? On the Mane? Are you sure?? ;D

See my post, and McDaniels at his press conference (at the team site) say that he hasn't made a decision yet. But kinda made stated something about "accountability" and only putting players on the field that were willing to put the team first.

Popps
01-01-2010, 12:03 PM

Been looking myself, and haven't seen it either.

broncofan7
01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
it is going to be tough to actually take anything you dish out BW after what everyone witnessed a few months back. I would say to take whatever you say as a grain of salt. But dont fret; you are still my avatar. ROCKERS LIVE!

WAIT...you have a picture of a poster that you deem un -credible as your avatar?

Are you jealous of his hair? I KNOW that you are jealous of my $$$ and good looks..So here is a picture of me that you can make your next avatar

Popps
01-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Whoops, corrected Taco... found it in print...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_14106841

"It will be a coaching decision," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "There's a number of factors that go into that. But there's a lot of players that play with things that are more difficult to play with than what he has."
Tight end Tony Scheffler also has been told he will not dress Sunday against the Chiefs because of his attitude.
Marshall seemed surprised to learn he was not playing for reasons other than the injured hamstring he aggravated during practice Wednesday.
"I don't think coach ever played in the NFL, so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level," Marshall said. "So, I have battled through a lot of injuries before. I played last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here. I just have got to do my best to get back to 100 percent, and hopefully things fall into place where it should be and hopefully we'll get into the playoffs and I'll be there with my teammates."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_14106841#ixzz0bOBoOzJv

Broncomutt
01-01-2010, 12:07 PM

I'm having a nightmare, or a flashback or a stroke right?

Please tell me it's one of those things and our most talented player, and only true offensive weapon, didn't just up and quit 48 hours before what amounts to a playoff game.

strafen
01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't run a babysitting service here. It's a discussion forum. The posts you reported have more to do with your personal feelings towards the points the posters were making than them actually being off topic. I don't see the need to intervene for such things. There are much bigger fish to fry.I wonder how many of those just like that you get from me, Taco?! :wiggle:

DenverBrit
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
See my post, and McDaniels at his press conference (at the team site) say that he hasn't made a decision yet. But kinda made stated something about "accountability" and only putting players on the field that were willing to put the team first.

I wasn't referring to BM specifically....actually I was responding to Taco's comment about Scheffler.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Blah blah blah. you know nothing about me, and your attempts to "prove" your superior knowledge fail because it's so very evident that you don't know what you're talking about.

Have fun chasing your tail.

Your inabilty to have a decent logical subject based conversation and resorting to juvenille name calling and combative Flamer tactics tell me alot more than you know...lol! Clinical psych major ;)!
You attack me because somebody at Dove Valley told me something he didn't tell you, and then can't even accept that it's a different person than you claim to be buddies with and you call me "Trying to be superior"? What a tard! And who is trying to look important? I played up to the college level, and some very very very very minor league indoor ball and have an impressive coaching record in the pop warner, and the full contact County Rec "Wasatch League". Oh and my major was Clinical Psych with a sports emphasis. I'm sure that your basement hours of Madden and pretending to have a BFF in Dove Valley eclipses my experience and insight completely!

_Oro_
01-01-2010, 12:09 PM
i"m "stealing" this from tned posting on the forums

from jones tweet

rt @postbroncos: Bm: "when you have a muscle injury, that thing doesn’t heal overnight. I got to do my best to be there for the playoffs. It has nothing to do with accountability."

playoffs?!?!?

strafen
01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Been looking myself, and haven't seen it either.

So popps, are you ready to throw BMarsh under the bus yet, or have you done it already.
I bet it was related to some events that took place back in his freshman year, right popps?

elsid13
01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I wasn't referring to BM specifically....actually I was responding to Taco's comment about Scheffler.

The tweet was about Scheffler playing and in the press conference he (McDaniels) answered the same questions about Scheffler being on the scout squad and playing

orange 4 life
01-01-2010, 12:12 PM
WOW.

And here I thought the 2-7 finish was depressing.
Think this might hurt our chances of signing him in the offseason?

Personally, the best thing to come of this season (now that the playoffs are extremely doubtful) is that we have a quarterback we can count on and a happy (or so I thought) wide receiver for him to throw to.

Yes, the turnaround on defense has been a pleasure to watch, but I expected we'd be vastly improved, and in the last nine games (despite a lot of good play) we've reverted back to our old ways of giving up big drives in the fourth quarter.

Just don't know what to say. Bottom line is it SOUNDS like BMarsh wanted to focus on being 100% IN CASE we got in the playoffs and McD wanted him to focus JUST on this game.
Yes, it's the coaches job to coach, but I gotta admit I agree with Marshall's line of thinking. We better be able to beat the chiefs regardless, and IF we DO make the playoffs, our only chance is a healthy Marshall. If he's been protecting the hammy, I don't blame him, and if we lose him in the offseason because of this McD isn't going to be very popular in this town or in this house.

Jake

prodigalson139
Very frustrated as a fan of over 25 years.

Why now. Why week 17?

I have been a McDaniels supporter all off-season and season long, but my approval is starting to diminish.

Just SUPER frustrated.

That is all.

meangene
So, Marshall doesn't want to risk further injury to his hamstring because he wants to be ready for the playoffs? Please! Memo: If we don't win Sunday, there are no playoffs. This is just another example of Marshall putting himself above the team and of how it is now, and will always be, about the money for him. At least give it a go you pussy! This is why we will not sign him to the big money deal he wants - character. Like it or not folks, that is what this team is being built on. In the long run, we will be better for it. Bitch all you want! Remember Boldin playing two weeks after his face was crushed? That is what we want around here - not selfish, me-first players.

DenverBrit
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
The tweet was about Scheffler playing and in the press conference he (McDaniels) answered the same questions about Scheffler being on the scout squad and playing

Ok, I took this to mean BMarsh.

BM: "When you have a muscle injury, that thing doesn’t heal overnight. I got to do my best to be there for the playoffs. It has nothing to do with accountability."

KevinJames
01-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Sounds like they want Marshall at 100% if we happen to get lucky and make the playoffs.

we can beat the chiefs without Marshall.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 12:16 PM

"It will be a coaching decision," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "There's a number of factors that go into that. But there's a lot of players that play with things that are more difficult to play with than what he has."
Tight end Tony Scheffler also has been told he will not dress Sunday against the Chiefs because of his attitude.
Marshall seemed surprised to learn he was not playing for reasons other than the injured hamstring he aggravated during practice Wednesday.
"I don't think coach ever played in the NFL, so for my hamstring to be feeling the way it felt, it's tough for me to go out there and expect to play at a high level," Marshall said. "So, I have battled through a lot of injuries before. I played last year with a tear in my hip, so I don't think my toughness is in question here. I just have got to do my best to get back to 100 percent, and hopefully things fall into place where it should be and hopefully we'll get into the playoffs and I'll be there with my teammates."

Thanks for the link Popps.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I think Dawkins plays to play football. Because he loves it. Because it flows through his freakin' veins. And he wanted to come into a good all-around situation. He may like Nolan a lot. He could also have bought in to what McD was telling him, as he SAID he did.

McD wasn't even allowed to interview his first choice, yet he drafted who he wanted and the front office duties were essentially given to him? Seriously?

As for why Dawkins plays that we can agree on. Where he decided you play is another matter.

Did McD interview Capers who he had stated ws his first choice? the answer is NO! That is a fact! Was Nolan the ONLY guy brought in for a sit-down and hired on the spot? YES!

No Front office duties where give no McDaniels, where did you get that? Facts are that NFL network was schedualed to be in the Broncos war-room during the draft, they teased and lead into it, and then POOF! No cameras or coverage in the room the whole draft! Why do you think that is? His ass was already under fire over Cutler and he was on TWITER posting juvenille stuff like a 10 year old boy! "Watch I'm going to shock everybody and Draft a Running back now" cause he thought it was a joke we had about 11 RBs on the roster at the time!

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Can you franchise a RFA like Marshall?

I thought they could only get a 1st and 3rd if they offered the max tender?

I'm not sure whether you can franchise him but you have the right to match the offer.

garandman
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Jesus F**K** Christ!!

Enough drama already, I am so sick of this crap!

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Very frustrated as a fan of over 25 years.

Why now. Why week 17?

I have been a McDaniels supporter all off-season and season long, but my approval is starting to diminish.

Just SUPER frustrated.

That is all.

35 years as a fan here and frustrated too!

Broncoman13
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM
BMarsh is gone as soon as this season ends. At least get some picks for him though. If McD makes emotional decisions like this, it will only hurt the team. Can't be emotional! So, who is gonna trade for BMarsh? San Fran? Washington? Miami or TB?

Honestly I am sick of BMarsh... And McD. If he is such a strong leader and motivator, why is there always controversey?

Taco John
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM
This is disturbing. We're in the playoff hunt. I hope McDaniel's hasn't lost the team. Losing to the Chiefs at home would be miserable. Worse would be if all the weird variables that we need to get into the playoffs go in our favor.

We're not going to lose to the Chiefs are we?

Someone hold me.

TD30
01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
McDaniel's does a very poor job of handling these situations, this organization would be better off without him Brandon Marshall or not. I have no idea why he continues to feel the need to show his arrogance on a weekly basis. B Marsh is gone, Cutler is gone, Sheff is gone. What do you bet he gives Orton big money, it will be fun to see how well he does without Marshall. I can't believe this but I hope the offense stalls Sunday something needs to wake up Bowlen.

elsid13
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
This is disturbing. We're in the playoff hunt. I hope McDaniel's hasn't lost the team. Losing to the Chiefs at home would be miserable. Worse would be if all the weird variables that we need to get into the playoffs go in our favor.

Someone hold me.

I believe Spider is in the Seattle area. He gives the best hugs, just ask Pez. Though a hug usually leads to some luv'in according to Hotrod.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Hey, at least the culture and attitudes are changing in Broncoland...

KevinJames
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Time to see what Royal looks like as the main #1 WR I am interested to see how we fare this Sunday.

watermock
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Sounda like lil joshie is pulling a mangina.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I thought this year will be different.we are totally screwed by hiring Mcd.
I said earlier, Todd Haley and Mcd doesn't know how to coach NFL player's.
They are better at coaching college player's.

Mcd's ego is too much that he doesn't mind losing games.

I hate you Mcd..The only good thing you have done is to trade Cutler.

F..k you.If we lose to chiefs, we have won 2 out of 10.

Do you know what you are doing???..Are u dumb??

Jason in LA
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I'd like to know the full story here. There are a few things that are being left out, and it leaves us filling in the blanks.

Was Marshall planning on not playing on Sunday, or was he just taking it easy during practice, which could piss a coach off, but planning on playing on Sunday? What did the team doctors recommend?

I really don't want to pick a side with the information that we have so far. Hamstring injuries are tough, and Marshall may not have been able to play.

It seems that McD has a problem with handling certain people. Marshall has been a problem, but it is on the coach to handle players like that. Cutler did cry, but it is on the coach to make that work. McD can't continue to get pissed at players, especially Pro Bowl players, and just get rid of them. I'm all for him having a tough attitude and not taking crap from players, but he can't go so far as to get rid of players that can help the team win. He can't let his tough attitude hurt the team. That's what he's doing right now. Imagine this offense next year without Marshall. Yikes!

strafen
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
McDaniels continues to dismantle this team, one great performer at a time: Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall, Royal, Stokley...
Players that have not been -aside from Bmarsh- put in a position to contribute to this team by giving them significant playing time.

Look for McDaniels to replace those players with veterans, journeyman type players next year.
By the time McDaniels realizes that he went about the wrong way to build a team, he will have a team made up of old aging players past their prime.
It will be a mess for some other coach to clean up, and figure this sh*t out

Sassy
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Marshall had a chance of beating Rod's record...not so sure he wanted to sit out unless he had to.

Popps
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Jesus ****** Christ!!

Enough drama already, I am so sick of this crap!

I am too.

I'm behind this staff, and I know Marshall has a history... but this **** is really old.

I'm hoping this is just that initial pain we have to go through to get this roster full of people who want to be winners.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 12:32 PM
McDaniels continues to dismantle this team, one great performer at a time: Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall, Royal, Stokley...

Didn't you hear?

Turnovers are down in the redzone.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Again..F..k you Mcd.you are killing the team.
Bowlen..please fire this idiot
Are you really a coach??Can't handle player's..Biggest ego and douche person.

Sit everyone and let's go with player's like Jordon and Orton..
Good luck with that.Dumbass..

watermock
01-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Almost everything I predicted has happenned, other than how well Nolan has done.

Beavis is a petulant, arrogant, vindictive, brat.

Popps
01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I'd like to know the full story here. There are a few things that are being left out, and it leaves us filling in the blanks.

Was Marshall planning on not playing on Sunday, or was he just taking it easy during practice, which could piss a coach off, but planning on playing on Sunday? What did the team doctors recommend?

I really don't want to pick a side with the information that we have so far. Hamstring injuries are tough, and Marshall may not have been able to play.

It seems that McD has a problem with handling certain people. Marshall has been a problem, but it is on the coach to handle players like that. Cutler did cry, but it is on the coach to make that work. McD can't continue to get pissed at players, especially Pro Bowl players, and just get rid of them. I'm all for him having a tough attitude and not taking crap from players, but he can't go so far as to get rid of players that can help the team win. He can't let his tough attitude hurt the team. That's what he's doing right now. Imagine this offense next year without Marshall. Yikes!

My problem with this is that it seems like McDaniels couldn't have handled Marshall any better in the off-season, and Marshall all but confirmed that.

Right now, I agree... we don't have much info. But, if it's laid out like it is... I suppose I have to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who hasn't been a discipline problem in the past.

Marshall's past actions make this look like just another incident for him. The worst part here is, we'll probably never know.

I will say this... there's no way McDaniels instigates something like this. He desperately needs Marshall out there to win on Sunday. He knows it. This has to be something bigger than it appears.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
In playcalling he reminds me of Zorn and his attitude reminds me of Mangini

oubronco
We are so fuggin screwed Marshall is the offense. Who's going to be Ortons go to reciever now, noone else has stepped up all year and the running game just blows

strafen

Someone hold me.McDaniels ego has been his biggest problem.
First Cutler, then Hillis, Scheffler, and now Marshall.
Lil' Josh Napoleon's got issues. Next most like be Stokley and Royal.

He needs to learn how to handle player-personnel issues by doing something other than trade the player, suspend the player, or bench the player, just to show he's the boss.

To answer your question, I wouldn't put any money straight up on the Broncos to beat the Chiefs Sunday.
Is he sabotaging the team, or is he not aware that he might just be doing that, but his ego is too big to overcome the team needs to win a crucial game, and the need to have play makers on the field?

McDaniels' ego > The Denver Broncos

skpac1001
01-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Wow, I can understand a lot of the frustration towards McDaniels lately, but I don't see how he is wrong here. Marshall is going where the paycheck leads him as soon as he can, including here if we pay the most, he doesn't give two craps one way or the other about this when its time to get his new contract. It is more of a message to the team that checking out early is not acceptable. As far as Marshall making a good decision to be 100% for a playoff game, this game is a playoff game, its win or out. Should we win it without Marshall? Yes. Will it be harder? Yes. Should our best players be playing if they possibly can, even only to pull coverage towards them? I would think so.

KevinJames
01-01-2010, 12:41 PM
This site is full of nothing but over reactions.

Popps
We are so fuggin screwed Marshall is the offense. Who's going to be Ortons go to reciever now, noone else has stepped up all year and the running game just blows

I actually think Lloyd will see a decent amount of action. He played well last Sunday and even blocked well on a couple of big plays.

He's no Marshall, but he's got some big-play ability.

go_broncos
Unfortunately, all NE assistants learned ego from Bellicheck.
They should have concentrated on learning his playcalling.
That's the reason no one is having success.

My only question is ..Why Bowlen is not interfering ??

strafen
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Didn't you hear?

Turnovers are down in the redzone.And so it's the scoring, apparently :D

meangene
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow, I can understand a lot of the frustration towards McDaniels lately, but I don't see how he is wrong here. Marshall is going where the paycheck leads him as soon as he can, including here if we pay the most, he doesn't give two craps one way or the other about this when its time to get his new contract. It is more of a message to the team that checking out early is not acceptable. As far as Marshall making a good decision to be 100% for a playoff game, this game is a playoff game, its win or out. Should we win it without Marshall? Yes. Will it be harder? Yes. Should our best players be playing if they possibly can, even only to pull coverage towards them? I would think so.

I agree with your take 100%!

Sassy
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I actually think Lloyd will see a decent amount of action. He played well last Sunday and even blocked well on a couple of big plays.

It was so strange seeing "84" out there! :rofl:

oubronco
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM

Maybe Stokely and Royal will finally be a part of the gameplan but he's not going to be able to count on Marshall's highlight grabs or yac to bail out Orton this week.........not good

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 12:44 PM
We are screwed if there is no marshall..
He is the only player on offense..

Coach.why do you have so much ego?..USE YOUR BRAIN

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Maybe Stokely and Royal will finally be a part of the gameplan but he's not going to be able to count on Marshall's highlight grabs or yac to bail out Orton this week.........not good

Without Marshall and Scheffler..look for clady and Jordon to be wide receiver.

TheDave
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Like the 2-7 finish and missing the playoffs wasn't rough enough...

and I really don't like the "I don't think coach ever played in the NFL" blast...

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Nevermind that McDaniels was the one calling to hire Nolan. D'oh! Another failure from the Cutler Widows Club.I'm as tough on McDaniels as anyone. I think his first year as HC is ending as a big failure. You start out 6-0 and go 3-7 the rest of the way. We will now be 1 of only 3 teams in NFL history to start 6-0 and not make the Playoffs. That's just as embarrassing as last year.

Having said that...

For each personnel decision he's made that hasn't panned out (as of yet):

Trading Cutler
Drafting Moreno at #12
Trading a #1 for Smith
Drafting Quinn in the 2nd round
Installing a power running game with ZBS personnel

He has also made some very good decisions on personnel:

Hiring Nolan
Getting Dawkins
Getting Goodwin
Getting Buckhalter
Trading Denver's 2010 1st vs. Chicago's 1st

I hope we somehow make the playoffs. I hope we have a good offseason and a killer 2010 season. But, if we don't make the playoffs next year...not even you McDaniels coolaid drinkers will be able to save his job.

KevinJames
01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
and I really don't like the "I don't think coach ever played in the NFL" blast...

Yeah Marshall should probably just stay away from microphones.....

Marshall really is one of the dumbest players we have but probably the most talented.

lostknight
Unbelievable. Here in one single episode you have McDaniels to a T. He has now systematically removed anything that was effective from last years Broncos - Cutler,Marshall, Royal and Tony Sheffler. He badmouthed the O-Line this week. The pieces he has remaining are his, or Patriots - Gaffney, Buckhalter and Moreno. It's as if he honestly believes that anything he inherited doesn't work, just because it's not his.

It's not the o-line, it's the scheme.
It's not Marshall, who set a record with how well he executed.
It's not Royal, who showed more potential then Desean Jackson last year.
It's not Hillis, it's a scheme that doesn't use hybrid half-backs.
It's not Sheffler, it's a systematic failure to create match ups that favor a tight end.
The line between Brilliant effectiveness and megalomaniac self-injuring stupidity is razor thin, and McDaniels has spent time on both sides this year.

oubronco
Without Marshall and Scheffler..look for clady and Jordon to be wide receiver.

Dude don't be stupid we do have other wr's the problem is that Orton doesn't disstribute the ball to everyone so he has no rythym with them like with Marshall but we'll see what happens

strafen
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Without Marshall and Scheffler..look for clady and Jordon to be wide receiver.ROFL!
Yeah, we went from Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler to...ready for this?
Lloyd, Gaffney, Jordan, and Clady on trick plays. WTF?!!! LOL:

Popps
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM

Someone hold me.

I just can't figure this out. It's too soon to put this all on one party, but I just can't imagine a situation where McDaniels is just trying to make a point, or has lost the team. These guys are on the doorstep of a playoff game. They played their asses off last week.

Things have been tough, but it just doesn't strike me as an atmosphere where this stuff should be happening.

But, you're right... we lose to the Chiefs and this story becomes the talk of the off-season.

Very, very strange.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
i am not saying Marshall is correct here..Every team has 2 or 3 good players that has attitude problems. As a coach, it is your responsibility to keep everyone happy.

Like Haley and Mangini..Mcd failed here.
On top of that, he didn't win anything and it is his first coaching job.

TheDave
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah Marshall should probably just stay away from microphones.....

Marshall really is one of the dumbest players we have but probably the most talented.

The "You never played" remarks always end up bad. I just hope there is more to this thatn we currentely know.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Like the 2-7 finish and missing the playoffs wasn't rough enough...

and I really don't like the "I don't think coach ever played in the NFL" blast...I think it's a fair comment by Marshall...and I think he was mature about his response. He could have really tore into McDaniels. For McDaniels to question Marshall's toughness through the media, you really have to wonder about his leadership ability. I wouldn't be surprised if the league had a talk with him. You have an injured player and you call him out through the media and state other players play with worse injuries. What if a guy has a concussion Josh?

oubronco
01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Unbelievable. Here in one single episode you have McDaniels to a T. He has now systematically removed anything that was effective from last years Broncos - Cutler,Marshall, Royal and Tony Sheffler. He badmouthed the O-Line this week. The pieces he has remaining are his, or Patriots - Gaffney, Buckhalter and Moreno. It's as if he honestly believes that anything he inherited doesn't work, just because it's not his.

It's not Sheffler, it's a systematic failure to create match ups that favor a tight end.
The line between Brilliant effectiveness and megalomaniac self-injuring stupidity is razor thin, and McDaniels has spent time on both sides this year.

not only the scheme but the playcalling has been pretty bad as well

Hamrob
The "You never played" remarks always end up bad. I just hope there is more to this thatn we currentely know.Yesh, but I did hear that McDaniels wields a mean ping-pong paddle!

TheReverend
This is pretty ****ing unsettling on an already unsettling 2nd half of the season...

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Question is:

What, if anything, are the Broncos going to get in return for Marshall?

oubronco
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm depressed and it's only friday

TheDave
I think it's a fair comment by Marshall...and I think he was mature about his response. He could have really tore into McDaniels. For McDaniels to question Marshall's toughness through the media, you really have to wonder about his leadership ability. I wouldn't be surprised if the league had a talk with him. You have an injured player and you call him out through the media and state other players play with worse injuries. What if a guy has a concussion Josh?

I've been burned by Marshall to many times to think he is without blame... BUT... What the coach is quated as saying here is just stupid.

WTF is going on here?

oubronco
Question is:

What if anything are the Broncos going to get in return for Marshall?

not near enough if they do trade him

broncocalijohn
01-01-2010, 12:55 PM
WAIT...you have a picture of a poster that you deem un -credible as your avatar?

Are you jealous of his hair? I KNOW that you are jealous of my $$$ and good looks..So here is a picture of me that you can make your next avatar
I would use that superman avatar for you BF7, but I would need someone to photoshop off the "S" and replace it with "SS"

strafen

Excellent post and well-said.
I just knew that the proof in the pudding was going to show sooner or later
I've been saying basically the same thing, but you know, a lot of fans on this forum would throw a good player under the bus, bad-mouth a good player, if McDaniels has said that player will not be playing, or whatever lil' napoleon decides to do.
The sad thing is, he's not done yet.
Wait until the draft. You think he made absolutely no sense last year? Wait until you see what he does in April this year
McDaniels can do no wrong! :wave:

TheDave
This is pretty ****ing unsettling on an already unsettling 2nd half of the season...

and to think we were 6-0... Hell I was 1 win away from bumping the 13-3 thread and begging forgiveness. Hilarious!

HEAV
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
McDaniels: "We're all accountable to give our very best effort...that's what this is about."

Coach is correct.

But Marshall is correct in looking out for himself.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Question is:

What, if anything, are the Broncos going to get in return for Marshall?

not the production. With Orton, BM is his main guy. Royal has lost a ton with Cutler gone.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
We are so fuggin screwed Marshall is the offense. Who's going to be Ortons go to reciever now, noone else has stepped up all year and the running game just blowsI really don't think Marshall could have played even if he tried...not effectively anyway.

With this offense...I don't think there will be too much of a drop off. I mean all we do is Dink-n-Dunk anway. Brandon Loyd looked decent last week and Royal will probably be back. So, you have Royal, Loyd, Stokely, Gaffney, Moreno, Graham and Buckhalter. Let the hot 5yd strikes continue on Sunday!

lostknight
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I just can't figure this out. It's too soon to put this all on one party, but I just can't imagine a situation where McDaniels is just trying to make a point, or has lost the team. These guys are on the doorstep of a playoff game. They played their asses off last week.

Things have been tough, but it just doesn't strike me as an atmosphere where this stuff should be happening.

But, you're right... we lose to the Chiefs and this story becomes the talk of the off-season.

Very, very strange.

I suspect that there is a growing belief in the Locker room that mirrors what many say in this board - that coaching is a liability not a asset right now, and that McDaniel's recent criticism of players is going over about as well as a wedding dress dragged in the mud.

Broncomutt
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM

Someone hold me.

"They have taken the Bridge and the second hall: we have barred the gates...but cannot hold them for long...the ground shakes...drums in the deep...we cannot get out. A shadow moves in the dark. Will no- one save us? They are coming."

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Let the hot 5yd strikes continue on Sunday!

Only on 3rd and 15

lostknight
McDaniels: "We're all accountable to give our very best effort...that's what this is about."

Accountability starts at the top. McDaniels was brought in because of Shanahan's collapse. Yet it occurred, and in fact is even worse, here.

watermock
Fire this idiot if we lose to KC.

he's done enough damage allready.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
before he totally screws our team, bowlen needs to fire Mcd..
I never expected a coach can do this much damage in one year.

Now, I know how Brown fans might have felt with Mangini.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I would like to learn Champ Bailey's take on all this.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I've been burned by Marshall to many times to think he is without blame... BUT... What the coach is quated as saying here is just stupid.

WTF is going on here?The disapointing thing to me...is that it seems like McDaniels has moved on to 2010 and is doing everything he can to get rid of Shanahan's players and staff.

Gone will be:

Marshall
Scheffler
Hillis
Wiegman
Hamilton
Turner
Dennison
Perhaps Bailey
Perhaps Royal

The NFL Channel just reported that Marshall was quoted as saying he didn't want to get into a war of words with his coach.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM

He's keeping quiet and hoping noone notices all that money he's owed until 2011.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM
We can't fire McDaniels. That would be a terrible move at this point. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Bowlen can do is stay the course, and give McDaniels whatever he needs in order to get the team to where he wants it.

If I was Bowlen, there is plenty I'd be upset about. Abandoning the ZBS before the players were in place for it is one of them (not to mentioning wasting a top ZBS talent in Dennison). But that's water under the bridge. Bowlen has got to come out and give Josh his full endorsement this offseason - and show it with an open check book.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM

He might have used to this circus..
Funny thing is, no one on defense and ST are having issues with the coach.
I think Nolan and Mike Priefer are handling them very well.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Let's trade Mcd to KC this offseason..He will agree as his boy friend is the QB.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
We can't fire McDaniels. That would be a terrible move at this point. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Bowlen can do is stay the course, and give McDaniels whatever he needs in order to get the team to where he wants it.

If I was Bowlen, there is plenty I'd be upset about. Abandoning the ZBS before the players were in place for it is one of them (not to mentioning wasting a top ZBS talent in Dennison). But that's water under the bridge. Bowlen has got to come out and give Josh his full endorsement this offseason - and show it with an open check book.I'm mixed on this. This offseason is all McDaniels needs to totally destroy the team that existed before he got here. Is that a good thing? I don't know.

I can't say I'm in love with who he drafted. If you start dumping guys like Marshall, Bailey, Scheffler, Royal etc., who do you replace them with?

So, if Bowlen does stand behind him...and we suffer another non-playoff season in 2010...do yo get rid of him then?

You could fire him this year and hire a guy like Cohwer or Gruden while they're still on the market (Just a thought).

If we lose to the Chiefs...do you still stick by him (2-8 to close the year)?

Rulon Velvet Jones
I would like to learn Kenny Peterson's take on all this.

watermock
Fire the punk and hire Nolan and Dennison.

Elway777
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM

This is our Headcoach Folks. What a punk! I have to agree with you. I never heard of a coach getting for next season while his team still has a chance for playoffs.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
He might have used to this circus..
Funny thing is, no one on defense and ST are having issues with the coach.
I think Nolan and Mike Priefer are handling them very well.That's because McDaniels doesn't do **** with the defense. He's the Offensive Guru...remember. Nolan is firmly planted between McDaniels and his defense...therefore...no problems there.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
We need to fire Mcd..Big lesson to all NFL teams not to hire Bellicheck assistants.

TheReverend
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Sooooooooo... what was Scheffler's attitude problem?

Broncoman13
01-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I have to admit at this point it may be prudent to consider a change at the top. It seems like McD doesn't know how to handle his star players that are head cases. Marvin Lewis has done a better job. After what I saw with BMarsh earlier in the year I have to wonder why he would ever trust McD again? McD seems stubborn enough to bench B even if we make the playoffs. I liked Shanny's philosophy better... The best player that gives us a chance to win will play. At this point with only three healthy WRs, why woukdnt you play Scheff?

TD30
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Sooooooooo... what was Scheffler's attitude problem?

His coach is "using a line from Stink" a petulant child.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Almost all skilled player's in NFL has problems(especially receivers).
You find very few player's like Andre Johnson.

As a coach, you need to know how to handle them..Otherwise, you have risk of losing player's and they won't play hard for you and the team.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Let's trade Marshall for a first round picks and hire player's like Moreno and A.Smith.
They seem to listen whatever Mcd says.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Almost all skilled player's in NFL has problems(especially receivers).
You find very few player's like Andre Johnson.

As a coach, you need to know how to handle them..Otherwise, you have risk of losing player's and they won't play hard for you and the team.

"The Coach" is making it apparent he has no clue. AGAIN.

HAT
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM
This is just what this team needed right now.

During a piss poor pre-season, McD took a stance on BM and showed that TEAM matters...Boom, Broncos come out of the gate white hot.

After a piss poor second half of the season, McD goes back to that well again.

This team will be fired the **** up come Sunday and will surprise the hell out of their first round playoff opponent. Brandon is going to be a monster in the playoffs now.

It's refreshing to know that this team will not quit in week 17 with the playoffs on the line like we all saw last year. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Orton throws for 300 on Sunday.

Exciting time to be a Bronco fan!

:thumbs:

Popps
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM
The more I look at this thing, the more it looks like Brandon can't play... and the coach isn't happy about it.

I'm not sure it's any more complicated than that.

TheReverend
01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
This is just what this team needed right now.

During a piss poor pre-season, McD took a stance on BM and showed that TEAM matters...Boom, Broncos come out of the gate white hot.

After a piss poor second half of the season, McD goes back to that well again.

This team will be fired the **** up come Sunday and will surprise the hell out of their first round playoff opponent. Brandon is going to be a monster in the playoffs now.

It's refreshing to know that this team will not quit in week 17 with the playoffs on the line like we all saw last year. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Orton throws for 300 on Sunday.

Exciting time to be a Bronco fan!

:thumbs:

That's a great thought, but hasn't he said he's looking at 2010 season already?

Broncolorado
01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
At least he didn't use the Texas Tech method of putting him in a dark corner during practice

Hogan11
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
No matter how talented a player is, if the attitude of said player is determental to the team and underminds the HC's authority, then he needs to not only sit, but ultimately go if the conflict remains unresolved. That said, then Sheff needs to be shown the door.

I thought all issues were resolved when it came to Marshall, it appears I was wrong.

Can they get something for either Marshall or Sheff at this point?

Get ready to eat a huge **** sammich Sunday :nono:

_Oro_
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM
It seems to me, aside from the beast, these guys are playing their hearts out for McD.

When he gets his personnel in place we're going to be a tough team to beat.

McD is working with a one year band-aid job on a team that was left in shambles and he's
exceeding everyone's expectations.

Perhaps his biggest mistake was thinking our O-line was better than it actually was.

And you want to fire this guy after one year?

Broncoman13
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
The more I look at this thing, the more it looks like Brandon can't play... and the coach isn't happy about it.

Then why make it a public issue and add contrversy? Wouldn't it be wiser to just leave it as he is injured and he knows is body best? As opposed to making it sound like, "I don't think he is that injured but he is whining so I am gonna bench him.". Not too smart by the coach.

HAT
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
That's a great thought, but hasn't he said he's looking at 2010 season already?

Not as far as I know....You have some sort of link?

I do know that Legwold wrote a speculation piece about the subject and a bunch of whiny 'Maners ran with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q&A: McDaniels, Broncos soon will focus on 2010 season
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
POSTED: 12/30/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

Denver Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels yells out at referee Mike Carey during the fourth quarter against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, December, 27, 2009 at Lincoln Financial Field. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
Today's question about the Broncos comes from William of Aurora.

Q: With one game left in the regular season, and at least one more game if they make the playoffs, what do you think the Broncos will do during the offseason?

A: While their draft preparations are in full swing, the Broncos won't turn their attention to the roster until they are done for the season.

In terms of free agency, they have some significant issues — most notably Pro Bowl outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil (who leads the NFL in sacks), Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall, quarterback Kyle Orton, tight end Tony Scheffler and guard Chris Kuper.

Dumervil is likely a top priority over the long-term. And the Broncos
need to make a decision about Orton's future — whether to sign him to a multiyear contract or tender him a one-year offer to keep him in the offense for another season.
Marshall wants a new contract, but the Broncos have to decide what they believe his attitude and approach to the game would look like with a pile of guaranteed money.

They will give plenty of attention to the offensive and defensive lines in free agency and the draft. When Josh McDaniels was with the Patriots, coach Bill Belichick used plenty of premium picks to select linemen on both sides of the ball.

McDaniels was critical of the Denver offensive line's performance last weekend against the Eagles, and the Broncos haven't consistently controlled the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball during the team's 2-7 stumble down the stretch.

Last offseason the Broncos rushed into the free-agent market, quickly signing several players. They likely will have plenty of turnover once again as McDaniels continues to build the roster he wants.

The Broncos have a quality first-round draft pick to play with. Though McDaniels took a lot of heat for trading the Broncos' first-round pick instead of the one the team got from the Bears in the Jay Cutler deal to move up and select Alphonso Smith, the Bears' first-round pick that now belongs to Denver will be better.

The Bears are 6-9, which currently slots them at No. 10 in the draft. They finish the season at Detroit this weekend.

Win or lose Sunday, playoffs or not, it won't take long for the Broncos to turn their attention to 2010.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 01:34 PM

I'm not sure it's any more complicated than that.I don't disagree...but why do you go to the media and make the comments that McDaniels's did? Indiotic and inexperienced...IMO.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
No matter how talented a player is, if the attitude of said player is determental to the team and underminds the HC's authority, then he needs to not only sit, but ultimately go if the conflict remains unresolved. That said, then Sheff needs to be shown the door.

I thought all issues were resolved when it came to Marshall, it appears I was wrong.

Can they get something for either Marshall or Sheff at this point?

Get ready to eat a huge **** sammich Sunday :nono:Let's see, what other players do we have that are any good? When do we show them to door? Napolean is out of control.

Broncomutt
01-01-2010, 01:37 PM

But why would he do that? Shaming and tarnishing his one true character trait, which to this point has been his physical durability. He played hurt last year. If a player is truly unable to go and McDaniels is stirring **** up, how is that coaching?

That's not coaching and it's not teamwork and it's not sportsmanship and it's not honorable.

Not going off on ya Popps, I'm just really confused and disappointed in alot stuff right now.

My opinion is that Marshall is a probowl, NFL record holder that knows NFL owners are drooling over him. McDaniels, at best, is clearly struggling and the fans and media know it. Marshall's finally got McDaniels by the "short and curlies".

rastaman
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
From Frank Schwab on Twitter

Basically, McD's message is Marshall wouldn't play through some injuries that others will play with on Sunday.

Marshall will be deactivated Sunday. McD says it is an accountability issue, not just injury.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion

This deal is done. Marshall is as good as gone. Hopefully we can get a 1st.

BMarsh has done everything ask of him this season! How is it an accountabiity issue?

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Let's see, what other players do we have that are any good? When do we show them to door? Napolean is out of control.

They better not get rid of Clady.

That left tackle pass is going to be the biggest thing since the Wildcat.

Broncoman13
01-01-2010, 01:40 PM
There aren't going to be a lot of FAs to help this team. Everyone has this idea that guys like BMarsh, Doom, Mankins, etc are going to be FAs. Simply not true.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 01:41 PM
BMarsh has done everything ask of him this season! How is it an accountabiity issue?

Because the coach is demanding more of an effort out of one of his better players and he's not getting it this week.

outdoor_miner
01-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Not sure I like Josh's penchant for this bull**** drama. Seriously, is it not possible to handle this stuff in house?

I was hoping this offseason could be drama-free, but apparently, it will be as bad as last year. Can hardly fuggin wait.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2010, 01:43 PM
WTF..I just woke up and saw this.

I thought those two were getting along fine now, didn't Josh just compliment BM a few days ago? This is very frustrating to see this stuff constantly happening.

wolverine
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
McDaniels is sending out a very clear message: Anyone he feels is dogging it in practice doesn't get to play. I salute him for it. This is about making us a better team in the long term, regardless of whether we make the playoffs Sunday.

Broncoman13
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
WTF..I just woke up and saw this.

I thought those two were getting along fine now, didn't Josh just compliment BM a few days ago? This is very frustrating to see this stuff constantly happening.

Exactly... Why this **** again?

Bronco Yoda
01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Games are being played.

Houshyamama
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM

That really worked for San Fransisco. Nolan is not a good head coach, he's an X's and O's guy. You don't think before you type do you?

meangene
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM

I think it's more like Marshall is not making every effort to get ready to play this week and has, more or less, ruled himself out. He is too busy protecting himself for his future contract. If he were doing everything to try to get ready to play this would not be happening. So, McDaniels is sending the message that this is unacceptable. I think it is that simple.

outdoor_miner
01-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Maybe Josh is a master marketer. He felt that the Broncos were falling out of the headlines too much, and jersey sales were dropping... There's no such thing as bad publicity! Woo-hoo!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Sick of this ****. I dont know whats going on over there, but this team is clearly headed in the WRONG direction.

Hogan11
01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Blame Kiszla

WABronco
01-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Oh ya I totally give Brandon the benefit of the doubt on this one..........

Popps
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Sick of this ****. I dont know whats going on over there, but this team is clearly headed in the WRONG direction.

Yea, I'm not so sure about that.

I haven't heard about Dawkins, DJ Williams, Orton or any of the other guys running into trouble.

Marshall has a clear history. Now, we don't have enough info here, but it simply sounds like Brandon can't (or doesn't want to) play... and McD is fired up about it.

In McD's opinion, guys have played through worse. Is it true? I have no idea.
But, the problem with developing a long history of trouble like Brandon has is that when these things go down, of course you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

I think this sounds more like frustration than anything, because these two reportedly had a great relationship and they both worked things out earlier in the season.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
McDaniels is sending out a very clear message: Anyone he feels is dogging it in practice doesn't get to play. I salute him for it. This is about making us a better team in the long term, regardless of whether we make the playoffs Sunday.What are you talking about? Brandon Marshall has a pulled hamstring. How is he dogging it? Give me a break!

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Yea, I'm not so sure about that.

I haven't heard about Dawkins, DJ Williams, Orton or any of the other guys running into trouble.

Marshall has a clear history. Now, we don't have enough info here, but it simply sounds like Brandon can't (or doesn't want to) play... and McD is fired up about it.

In McD's opinion, guys have played through worse. Is it true? I have no idea.
But, the problem with developing a long history of trouble like Brandon has is that when these things go down, of course you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

I think this sounds more like frustration than anything, because these two reportedly had a great relationship and they both worked things out earlier in the season.The guy pulled his friggin hamstring. McDaniels is a Deusche! He's lucky it's not a concussion we're talking about. Going to the media with his whining is tackless!

Hogan11
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow...didja just get his authentic jersey for Xmas or something? I mean I can understand being upset that a $250+ gift could become worthless in a few weeks, but damn......

I'm still blaming Kiszla...he stirred the turd and set it all into motion.

Mecklomaniac
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
That really worked for San Fransisco. Nolan is not a good head coach, he's an X's and O's guy. You don't think before you type do you?

Same could be said for McKiffen. Good coordinator, but less than impressive in a head couch or executive position.

WABronco
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
The guy pulled his friggin hamstring. McDaniels is a Deusche! He's lucky it's not a concussion we're talking about. Going to the media with his whining is tackless!

http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/1518/2042tacks.jpg

WABronco
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Same could be said for McKiffen. Good coordinator, but less than impressive in a head couch or executive position.

What a TACKLESS effort from that less than impressive HEAD COUCH.

Popps
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
The guy pulled his friggin hamstring. McDaniels is a Deusche! He's lucky it's not a concussion we're talking about. Going to the media with his whining is tackless!

You have no idea what's happened and no one "whined."

He simply said that other guys have and are playing through more.

You have no idea what the truth really is, and history isn't on Marshall's side, frankly.

Popps
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
What a TACKLESS effort from that less than impressive HEAD COUCH.

Hilarious!

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 02:16 PM
You have no idea what's happened and no one "whined."

He simply said that other guys have and are playing through more.

You have no idea what the truth really is, and history isn't on Marshall's side, frankly.Yeah, I know. How cares about 3 consecutive years with 100+ catches. I mean who needs 10TD's from a WR anyway. Let's get rid of that guy. Poor Josh...he's just trying to be a head coach in the NFL. Let's dry his eyes...after all, it's his ball...he can take it home with him if he wants to.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
What a TACKLESS effort from that less than impressive HEAD COUCH.Should have known the spelling police would be on duty...they certainly don't know much about football...so, they might as well rip someone's spelling. Ouch.

Hamrob
01-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Hilarious!Very Tackful Poops!

WABronco
01-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Cliff Notes:

-Prima Dona player injures himself in practice.
-Difference in opinion over seriousness of injury between said Prima Dona and Coach/Couch.
-Coach/Couch, having intimate knowledge of the situation, says "Later Gator" to said Prima Dona.

Cut.

Dry.

WABronco
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Should have known the spelling police would be on duty...they certainly don't know much about football...so, they might as well rip someone's spelling. Ouch.

Get on my level, son.

I am 500 times the poster you are or can ever dream to be! 500 TIMES!!!111!

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I said couple of days back that Mcd will trade BMARSH. I was told that by poops that it won't happen.

By the time Mcd get fired in couple of seasons, there will be no shanny player's on this team(including clady and Royal)