PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Say goodbye to Marshall...

Popps
12-31-2009, 11:54 PM
It's a "premium" article being posted on other sites. I'll summarize...

-Marshall is a good receiver when he wants to be.

-Marshall made the Pro Bowl.

-Thinks there's less than a 50% chance he'll be re-signed.

-Credits McDaniels and Marshall for having the maturity to work through their problem.

-Marshall happy, overcame a lot.

-Bad timing for Marshall with labor issues pending, bad economy.

-When asked if he's a top receiver, McDaniels said that Brandon had put himself in that category with consistent production.

The one actual quote I'll post....

Some of the blame for the Broncos ranking a mediocre 17th in the 32-team league with 6.8 yards per passing attempt must fall squarely on the broad shoulders of Marshall. He runs over defensive backs, not by them. B-Marsh is more comfortable catching the football with his back to the goal line rather than running toward the end zone for an over-the- shoulder grab. The man is a possession receiver who lacks true game- breaking speed.

(Strange take.)

-Says if given the chance to take the compensatory picks, Denver would... as opposed to letting him come back unhappy from being "underpaid."

He closes the article by saying that while Marshall has 327 catches, he's never helped the team win a playoff game. So, it should be "obvious" that Denver won't want to pay him.

----

Now, I've had my criticisms of Marshall in the past, but I think there's some silly logic being used, here.

I personally don't believe Marshall is in the class of a receiver like Fitzgerald. But, I do think he's a top 10 talent. You certainly have to be smart with your offer, but I think saying that it's "obvious" we aren't interested is silly.

bombay
01-01-2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_14098282

Not sure about what makes it a premium article, it was in the Post today.

I seriously doubt Kisla has any real insight.

Popps
01-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh, maybe it was premium... then public? I have no idea. Was just being careful.

I'm not sure you can use the "hasn't won playoff game" argument for a wide receiver. For a coach or even a QB? Maybe. But, I will say this... if Marshall really does want to be the highest paid WR in the league, I can't imagine we make that happen.

bpc
01-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I think the world of Marshall's ability. I don't completely blame him for the relatively small YPC. This is what our offense is this year.

He'll never blow it out the water with his YPC, but there are a lot of advantages his size give him that we haven't seen or used this season.

That being said, I'm not against moving him for the right price. Marshall has done exactly what we needed him to do to boost his trade value if we choose to go that way. I would be lying if I said that his previous indescretions don't worry me after he gets paid. We'll see how it shakes out.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Our offense would be anemic like Laura Flynn Boyle if B-Marsh was not on the team.

B-Marsh is 25 years old and already has 3 of the 4 best seasons in terms of receptions in the history of the Denver Broncos.

3 100+ reception seasons in a row is rarefied air.

Ratboy
01-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I'll probably go ape **** if we do not sign Brandon Marshall.

You guys think the McDaniels/Cutler **** was bad? I am guessing this will be 10x worse.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 01:23 AM
I've been quietly expecting this all season, but it's been nagging at me with the last four games more and more. I really hope we can figure something out to keep him.

watermock
01-01-2010, 01:24 AM
I thought it was impossible to talk out of both sides of your ass at once.

He should be franchised but won't. He'll get a firt round tender and we will draft a system guy. Like Quinn.

It's not even worth negotiating.

watermock
01-01-2010, 01:32 AM
OHH, but Popps was ready to cut ties.

Virtually everything Popps declares is wrong.

It's amazing.

Arkie
01-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Oh, maybe it was premium... then public? I have no idea. Was just being careful.

I'm not sure you can use the "hasn't won playoff game" argument for a wide receiver. For a coach or even a QB? Maybe. But, I will say this... if Marshall really does want to be the highest paid WR in the league, I can't imagine we make that happen.

Why break the bank on a WR? He can catch 20 balls and break records and still lose the game.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 01:33 AM
I thought it was impossible to talk out of both sides of your ass at once.

He should be franchised but won't. He'll get a firt round tender and we will draft a system guy. Like Quinn.

It's not even worth negotiating.

You can't franchise a guy like Marshall when you need a locker room with no distractions. Besides, what message does that send to the locker room anyway? If you shut up, and perform, the Broncos will take care of you with a franchise tag? That's a lot of poison to drop in the well.

watermock
01-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Marshall didn't catch the ball with his back to the defender till Orton made him.

You think that's the way a reciever likes to catch the ball?

Are you special?

It's because he has to look to see wtf way the ball is being thrown.

But a open book test.

Taco John
01-01-2010, 01:49 AM
I wonder how much money Dan Snyder would give Marshall...

watermock
01-01-2010, 01:50 AM
I allready said IMO he won't.

your point?

The point is we can franchise and stiill trade.

We got Bailey, and if Tter tot hadn't sucked, we would of come out good.

Taco, revisit history. We paid alot for bailey.

watermock
01-01-2010, 01:53 AM
You can't franchise a guy like Marshall when you need a locker room with no distractions. Besides, what message does that send to the locker room anyway? If you shut up, and perform, the Broncos will take care of you with a franchise tag? That's a lot of poison to drop in the well.

YOU CAN STILL TRADE HIM! Just like we traded for Champ and got screwed with Tatum.

Poison?

He's been the only performer on offense. I don't call that poison.

BroncoMan4ever
01-01-2010, 01:54 AM
i found that article to be so retarded. Kizla is easily the worst Broncos sports writer in Denver. his entire article is a bash on Marshall about how he is undeserving of money like Larry Fitzgerald because of his lack of YPC. the article then goes on to show a graph of the top receivers in the league, and not only is Marshall one of the top in receptions, but his reeiving yards are higher than Fitzgerald this season and their YPC is almost identical.

Kizla basically cancels himself out in the article, claiming Marshall to be not worth giving a new deal to because he isn't like Fitzgerald only to show the stats that say Marshall is as good as if not better than Fitz.

Popps
01-01-2010, 01:54 AM
OHH, but Popps was ready to cut ties.

Virtually everything Popps declares is wrong.

It's amazing.

Ummm... yea, that's not what I said.

Have someone at home help you, Mock. Please.

watermock
01-01-2010, 02:15 AM

BM did shut up and perform. WTF?

Baileyi is overpaid, not Marshall, yet we can do the same thing with him as Bailey.

Bailey mke 14 million more.

Get a clue.
ALSO, BM is injury free.

Bailey is also 8 years older.

Popps
01-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Buy a vowel, Taco.

STFU

Play2win
01-01-2010, 02:46 AM
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9330/buyavowel.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/buyavowel.jpg/)

watermock
01-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Evidently you don't know franchised players can be traded without salary considerations.

Archer81
01-01-2010, 03:23 AM
The thing that drives me nuts about Marshall is his propensity to seek out contact rather then find the path of least resistance. How many times does a 4 yard catch turn into a 2 yard gain because Marshall jumps sideways and backwards to go forwards? I love the fact that the guy is that physical, but sometimes just taking what you can get and already have is better than trying to fight for a small chance of making a big gain.

:Broncos:

meangene
01-01-2010, 03:54 AM
I think we will make him a reasonable long-term contract offer but BM will not accept it. He wants to break the bank and be paid Fitzgerald money. He is a top 10 receiver but a step below guys like Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. I see us offering something along the lines of what Roddy White got in Atlanta. I think we end up trading him to someone who will pay him what he thinks he is worth and end up with a first and third in exchange. I would not be overly unhappy with this. His past troubles me and I don't know what we could expect from him once he gets a long-term deal. One mistake on a big money long-term deal can set a franchise back for years. Character is a huge issue in making these decisions. I'm not sure I trust his.

watermock
01-01-2010, 04:16 AM
The thing that drives me nuts about Marshall is his propensity to seek out contact rather then find the path of least resistance. How many times does a 4 yard catch turn into a 2 yard gain because Marshall jumps sideways and backwards to go forwards? I love the fact that the guy is that physical, but sometimes just taking what you can get and already have is better than trying to fight for a small chance of making a big gain.

Because he is a stud and knows he is 2, 3,4 ,5 defenders away from a TD, (kinda like how he won th Dallas game?).

Every time he exposes himself, he risks career injury.

He's a beast.

That's why I say franchise him, reduce risk.

Never mind, your all so smarter than me...especially when Beavis was 6-0.

SPORTSWRITER
01-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Kizla has peed me off much, much more than any of our other Bronco writers, literally at least once a day for the past decade. l'm always telling him to "kizla my a**!" Mark thrives on controversy and criticism. His "attacks" on Denver area players and coaches of virtually every sports franchise and college team granting him access are infamous. That would be fair game for his profession, except IMO he carries things far beyond fair analysis or objective critique.

Yet, almost ironically, just by virtue of the fact that his controversial comments and critical opinions attract interested readers, bar room patron discussions and forum posters like us, his columns sell papers for the Post and he is relatively successful! He can still kizla my a** though! ;D

watermock
01-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Wow.

Your a biatch.

Do you have balls?, or just like to be peed on?

DBroncos4life
01-01-2010, 05:25 AM
The funny thing is popps will never put Marshall on Fitz level but in four years Marshall has every bit as good as stats as Fitz even with out playing with a HOF QB like Fitz has been. Warner has been there since 2005. Fitz had one year without a HOF QB. Cutler was the QB for Marshall's first three years in the NFL. I will leave it up to popps to describe Cutlers abilities as a NFL QB (I'm sure they will not be HOF like). Orton had one great year with Marshall as well.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2010, 05:27 AM

How many no yard catches has he turned into plus yards?

rmsanger
01-01-2010, 06:27 AM
ghey... It's apparent that this guy does not watch our games. Blaming any deficiency in our offense on BM is absurd! The dude has been our workhorse all season. Please point the flashlight on Moreno, Royal, Orton, and 3 memebers of our OL. These guys need to wake the *** up.

peacepipe
01-01-2010, 07:03 AM
The question that needs to be asked is: of what value is he to the Broncos? Take away Marshall and what do we have? nothing. I don't know about you guys but Brandon Marshall type WRs don't grow on trees. He's going to have a good bit of leverage come time to negotiate a contract. Over the last 3 yrs he has more receptions than fitzgerald, within 500 yds on total yds the last 3 seasons. the only big differance is in TDs. larry has 34 to marshalls 23. Granted I know he's a posession WR but a great one.
As far as how he'll handle himself off the field once he gets paid, that can easily be addressed in the contract. They can easily put some stipulations,like paying back or losing part of a bonus, in the contract in case any off field actions occur.

PAY THE MAN!

Kaylore
01-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow.

Your a biatch.

LOL Love to be peed on?!?

:egbgb:That's the Mock we all know and love!

Dagmar
01-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Could we get rid of mock and kisla and keep Brandon?

Bronco Yoda
01-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Maybe he's not a flashy gamebreaker going 90 yrds...but be moves the chains. That's all that matters. pay him. (unless it's top 3 money)

ColoradoDarin
01-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Pay him right at top 10 money.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 08:57 AM
What a dumbass column.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Marshall is the single most dominant match-up nightmare on the field today at WR! The article is just stupid and inacurate. Marshall effectively adapted to the stupid dink and dunk crap that ORton can throw and McDaniels prefers, and not the guy is vilified for it? Who a POS!Marshall's YPC is still respectable and if you look at his YAC it is amazing! One of the reasons Marshall was in early season disfavor is he would break a route deep when given a choice on a double move...and McDumbnuts sidelined him for most of a half for it! Anybody else remember that game? Marshall ran and caught alot of deep balls his first two full starting years when he had an arm like Cutlers to get it to him! Want to know his YPC KIZLameAss, put the blame where it belongs.. On Captian DinkandDunk and Noodles al' Orton!

And for the record Marshall doesn't have Chris Johnson or DeSean Jackson speed, but at 6'5 and 2235 you don't need it! He (and by the way Sheffler too) ran a sub 4.55 40 at the combine and that is plenty fast enough especially when you can't bring him down with a stiff breeze like you can a Jackson.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-01-2010, 09:04 AM
So, he abdicates not paying Marshall +/- $10 million/year, but would be alright with Bowlen having to pay guaranteed money to the 1st rounder they'd get in return? Andre Johnson signed for 8 years/60 million with 15 guaranteed in 2007. With the market changing, they can certainly do 8/70 with 18-20 guaranteed. Either way, there's a good chance the guaranteed money will be lower than what a 1st rounder will be asking in the current situation.

TheReverend
01-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Clearly the Pats need to dump Welker. That scrubs even trailing Brandon in 20+/40+ yard big plays, and he hasn't helped NE win a superbowl, so clearly, he sucks at football too.

Seriously Kiszla, eat a fat one. It's what you're best at.

Play2win
01-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I know Marshall plays a different position, but I think he bring a lot to the table that Shannon Sharpe used to. Moves the chains, Big plays on YAC, Workhorse, and a complete matchup nightmare.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow, Kizla wrote something, and you read it? That is strange...

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 09:25 AM
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9330/buyavowel.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/buyavowel.jpg/)

the only thing that is missing is an out house

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 09:27 AM
for them to use that is pure silly .

Pat has a brand new house that sells out each week .:thanku:

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Clearly the Pats need to dump Welker. That scrubs even trailing Brandon in 20+/40+ yard big plays, and he hasn't helped NE win a superbowl, so clearly, he sucks at football too.

Seriously Kiszla, eat a fat one. It's what you're best at.

OMG! The Rev said something that I actually agree with! Armageddon is upon us!

Kizla's "article" is based on three false assumptions!
1- Marshall can't go deep! A fraction of a second doesn't matter when you can out-jump and out muscle any DB in the league! He went deep plenty when we had a QB with an arm. look how many deep posts both he and Sheffler caught when the ball wasn't always underthrown!
2- Marshall should be expected to single-handedly overcome conservative play calling and a QB who couldn't pass his way out of a "Wet paper bag" as the saying goes..lol! Too his credit he did take an average 3 yd pass in to 11+ ypc.
3- We won't pay him to keep him. Bowlen already stated that he (BMarsh) had played himself into a big new contract (Owners meeting) and that was before he had 'Beasted" his way to another 110 catches and over 1200 yards (After KC :D) and the single game record.

Marshall has been a top thre WR the last three years and we have paid him 56th best salary over that time. PAY THE MAN!!!

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I know Marshall plays a different position, but I think he bring a lot to the table that Shannon Sharpe used to. Moves the chains, Big plays on YAC, Workhorse, and a complete matchup nightmare.

Interesting take. Sharpe was very simular in his game without the size and Marshall is faster. If any team in the league was saying to themselves "A Bigger Stronger Faster Shannon Sharpe..Do we keep him or let him go??? Hmmmm....... WTF??!! A No Brainer for any team on the planet!

Arkie
01-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Marshall is one of the best at his position. Its just not the most important position to invest a large share of the team salary. He's less important on a winning team.

peacepipe
01-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Roy williams got 20 mil garuanteed on a 5 yr 45 million dollar contract. Any contract Marshall signs is going to come with at least 9-10 million per yr avg. He's getting top 5 money be it through us or somebodyelse.

Ambiguous
01-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I'll probably go ape **** if we do not sign Brandon Marshall.

You guys think the McDaniels/Cutler **** was bad? I am guessing this will be 10x worse.

I don't think it would be worse, but it would be debacle for sure. I doubt it will happen though.

gyldenlove
01-01-2010, 10:08 AM
It's a "premium" article being posted on other sites. I'll summarize...

-Marshall is a good receiver when he wants to be.

-Marshall made the Pro Bowl.

-Thinks there's less than a 50% chance he'll be re-signed.

-Credits McDaniels and Marshall for having the maturity to work through their problem.

-Marshall happy, overcame a lot.

-Bad timing for Marshall with labor issues pending, bad economy.

-When asked if he's a top receiver, McDaniels said that Brandon had put himself in that category with consistent production.

The one actual quote I'll post....

Some of the blame for the Broncos ranking a mediocre 17th in the 32-team league with 6.8 yards per passing attempt must fall squarely on the broad shoulders of Marshall. He runs over defensive backs, not by them. B-Marsh is more comfortable catching the football with his back to the goal line rather than running toward the end zone for an over-the- shoulder grab. The man is a possession receiver who lacks true game- breaking speed.

(Strange take.)

-Says if given the chance to take the compensatory picks, Denver would... as opposed to letting him come back unhappy from being "underpaid."

He closes the article by saying that while Marshall has 327 catches, he's never helped the team win a playoff game. So, it should be "obvious" that Denver won't want to pay him.

----

Now, I've had my criticisms of Marshall in the past, but I think there's some silly logic being used, here.

I personally don't believe Marshall is in the class of a receiver like Fitzgerald. But, I do think he's a top 10 talent. You certainly have to be smart with your offer, but I think saying that it's "obvious" we aren't interested is silly.

If this never having helped Denver win a playoff game logic is pursued we would have to fire every single player and almost every single coach and really aside from Jason Elam there wouldn't be a whole lot of players out there we could sign.

Clearly a case of writers block.

Marshall is clearly a top 10 reciever in the league, maybe better. The chance of getting a reciever like that even with 2 1st round picks is not good - so trading him simply does not make sense.

If we let him go for compensatory picks it is entirely clear that Bowlen has abandoned any vision of winning and just wants to save money.

Paladin
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Why say "goodbye" until the Broncos have at least had a chance to come to the plate? The article is a fail, but it did jerk the chains of a few people, eh?

The uncapped year changes the equations a bit, but I do expect the Broncos to at least try on BM. I would think a draft day trade of a first this year and a first next year would be just compensation. Marshall has been good after the incidences earlier in the year. But it is not my money, so I don't know what the FO or Bowlen will do. But I just don't think Kizla knows either, and he is just stirring the pot a bit. As Taco knows, nine tenths of success is traffic and jokers help with that.....

Paladin
01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
If this never having helped Denver win a playoff game logic is pursued we would have to fire every single player and almost every single coach and really aside from Jason Elam there wouldn't be a whole lot of players out there we could sign.

Clearly a case of writers block.

Marshall is clearly a top 10 reciever in the league, maybe better. The chance of getting a reciever like that even with 2 1st round picks is not good - so trading him simply does not make sense.

If we let him go for compensatory picks it is entirely clear that Bowlen has abandoned any vision of winning and just wants to save money.

I don't think it's all that clear......

RhymesayersDU
01-01-2010, 10:22 AM
What an odd article. I guess my biggest issue is the playoff wins thing... I mean that just doesn't apply to any player that isn't a qb or coach. That's why they keep track of wins for qbs and coaches and no other positions.

I mean, you want to question his past, fine. Want to speculate he will get lazy with money, fine. But some of the other "issues" that Kiszla wrote about were just absurd.

Broncos4tw
01-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Getting rid of Marshall would be a monumentally stupid mistake. He IS our offense, at the moment. You don't get better by continually trading away your best players.

Consider that defenses KNOW that Orton has a rather severe tendency to lock onto and throw to Marshall come hell or high water. They cover him often with 2. And he STILL gets the ball. He can run routes. He is strong. He is tall, and he makes amazing catches.

I imagine Kiz heard the 50% or less quote, and decided to jump onto the "Marshall isn't all THAT good" bandwagon, so when he goes, he can beat his own chest.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Players that can single-handedly dominate a game like Marshall are rare to say the least! Unlike a RB or D player you have to have a QB to get the guy the ball! Orton can only throw the short pass so that's what Marshall caught..how can you blame Marshall for Orton's sadass abilities? Why isn't Kizla praising him for adapting his game to fit the team and make up for many of the team's short-comings?? If Marshall wasn't already a dominantforce he would be "Comeback" or most improved player of the year for all the Shyt and adversity he overcame to excell at a high level!

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Blah, who needs a good WR anyway when you have a dynamic Orton at QB?

Denver724
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Everyone thinks that there are going to be teams jumping at him with huge dollars. What if they don't? What if the offers are in the same range as the Broncos? What if nobody wants to give up a 1st and a 3rd? Do the Broncos bring him back as a pist off franchise player? Do they move him for a 1 instead of a 1 and a 3. There is still a long way to go with this.

loborugger
01-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Isnt 'Y' a vowel? :~ohyah!:

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Isnt 'Y' a vowel? :~ohyah!:

A,E,I,O,U, AND SOMETIME Y! lol! When a Y starts a word it isn't a vowel! ROFL!

eddie mac
01-01-2010, 10:42 AM
The thing is though, is Marshall a waste at $10m plus a year if McDaniels continues to play this kind of offense with our current QB???

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2010, 10:44 AM
The thing is though, is Marshall a waste at $10m plus a year if McDaniels continues to play this kind of offense with our current QB???

Agreed

peacepipe
01-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Everyone thinks that there are going to be teams jumping at him with huge dollars. What if they don't? What if the offers are in the same range as the Broncos? What if nobody wants to give up a 1st and a 3rd? Do the Broncos bring him back as a pist off franchise player? Do they move him for a 1 instead of a 1 and a 3. There is still a long way to go with this. They'll be quite a few teams chomping at the bit to sign Marshall. Teams that have just drafted or are about to draft a QB are going to be in the market for a reciever like Marshall, he's the perfect security blanket for a rookie QB. teams like Tampa Bay & baltimore just to name a couple. Baltimore I can garuantee is going to be in the market for a WR like Marshall.

elsid13
01-01-2010, 11:04 AM

At some point the QB play has to get more dynamic. Either Orton will improve or another QB will be leading that offense. Either way talent wins in this league and sending away your best offense talent isn't a smart move.

521 1N5
01-01-2010, 11:08 AM

:yep:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Marshall didn't catch the ball with his back to the defender till Orton made him.

You think that's the way a reciever likes to catch the ball?

Are you special?

It's because he has to look to see wtf way the ball is being thrown.

But a open book test.

YOU.
ARE.
RETARDED.

Marshall has always, ALWAYS been a short yardage performer who runs over people. your revisionist history bull**** is worthless.

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Mock's into the peanut butter again. I think he should switch to almond butter.

SPORTSWRITER
01-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Wow.

Your a biatch.

You're strange (using the uncommon vernacular).
Do you have a brain? Or just think with your nuts?
Better to be peed off than peed on; or don't you agree??

Bob's your Information Minister
01-02-2010, 05:31 AM
If you guys dump Marshall your offense is going in the ****ter.

SPORTSWRITER
01-02-2010, 06:23 AM
If you guys dump Marshall your offense is going in the ****ter.

Nah. We gotta think positive, Bob!! McD is going to trade Dumervil and Bailey + 2 No. 1's and a No. 3 to you guys for Cassel. Then Clady, Orton and Marshall to Oakland for JMarc, H-Bey and a No 3 in 2012. Let's see now, that would still leave us with 1 Pro Bowler- Dawkins! I imagine Brian could be converted to a possession receiver for his final year to take Brandon's place. I mean, that's really all Brandon does for us, just catch 5 yd. dinks and stretch out for another three to thirty, huh?:~ohyah!: Oh, I forgot, MORE "improvement" for our "offensive" unit on the agenda: McD believes Randy Moss is going to be on the market, on the downhill of his career, and a real steal, so he'll probably trade Hillis, Scheffler and Royal to N.E. for Moss, and end up paying him more than Marshall wanted, because he'll justify such by the huge decrease in 2010 payroll which resulted from the KC and Raider trades described above. And don't worry about our revised receiving corp! Man we'll still have Stokley, Gaffney, Lloyd and McKinnely (if he isn't traded before mini camp), and best of all- Brian Dawkins!! Brian will also get to play Safety if needed, although I guess McD would probably offer that to Ty Law first. Oh yeah, I almost forgot: I'll bet McD can talk Teddy Breuschi out of retirement to give us a little more age at the linebacker position. But anyway, WHY WORRY!! McD:dummy: HAS GOT IT ALL UNDER CONTROL.....doesn't he?? Super Bowl!!! :woowoo:

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 09:17 AM
At some point the QB play has to get more dynamic. Either Orton will improve or another QB will be leading that offense. Either way talent wins in this league and sending away your best offense talent isn't a smart move.

true dat, but you gotta give mcdaniels more credit than he is getting, he is fully aware of this fact.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 10:20 AM

I saw the impact and ability that BMarsh dsiplayed in 07 and 08 under Shanny's system and having Cutler throw him the ball. I noticed that during that time Marashall had allot less passes thrown to him with his back to the goal line and more passes hitting him in stride. Point is, Mashall had few incidents of 4 yard catches turning into 2 yd gains.

We won't see the full impact of Marshall's skills while playing under McD's offensive system and of course with Orton's limited QB skills and inaccurate passing. Brandon will be much better off positioning himself to sign with a team that has an offense that best suits his skills and with a team tha has a QB that has a big time NFL arm.

This weeks fallout btwn McD and Marshall just proves that some relationships btwn HC and player just weren't meant to be. As a result its time for both parties to cut their loses and move on. There is a lack of trust btwn HC and WR that be repaired at this point.

rastaman
01-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Good point. Remember the MO on McD is he believes he can win games and even the SB with the least amount of super stars as possible. Its more important for him to have a bunch of "Yes Men" surrounding him. McD is determined to remake the Broncos in his image. He's a look at me kinda coach and his ego and stubborness must be put ahead of the best interest of the team.

Can he pull it off? Perhaps he can but he's playing high stakes poker in my opinion. He risk losing the trust of his players in the long run.

Although you will find McD justifying his decisons as being done in the best interest of the team.....he's really making his decisions based on the need to full-fill his own ego!

Beantown Bronco
01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Good point. Remember the MO on McD is he believes he can win games and even the SB with the least amount of super stars as possible.

Troy Brown, Deion Branch and David Givens vs. Moss and Welker. You tell me which group has all the SB rings.