PDA

View Full Version : Colts laying down - Blessing in disguise

Broncos4tw
12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Well, after all the negative press and hate towards the Colts front office after their decision to rest their starters (and Manning), I think many teams will be giving their all this weekend, to avoid a similar fate.

At least.. that's what I'm hoping. I'm glad the Colts basically gave the game away. Bad for them, perhaps a slightly better chance of us making postseason as a result as a result.

azbroncfan
12-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, after all the negative press and hate towards the Colts front office after their decision to rest their starters (and Manning), I think many teams will be giving their all this weekend, to avoid a similar fate.

At least.. that's what I'm hoping. I'm glad the Colts basically gave the game away. Bad for them, perhaps a slightly better chance of us making postseason as a result as a result.

SERIOUS? This might be the worst case of rationalization I have seen here in awhile. If they wouldn't of laid down and beat the Jets guess what? The Jets wouldn't have tiebreakers over Denver.

Broncos4tw
12-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Our season at this point doesn't just hinge on the Jets.

azbroncfan
12-31-2009, 08:45 AM

It may not but the Colts laying down definately is not a blessing in disguise especially when the Jets beat us out. This isn't the first year teams rest players late in the year.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2009, 08:46 AM

True enough, but they were left for dead by their own coach before the Colts rested their starters. Now they're suddenly in the discussion for the playoffs.

Talk about backing in. If the Bengals rest players after all, that will have been two weeks to end the season for the Jets. Nice.

Broncos4tw
12-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Backing in? Versus what.. us falling in? We will be very lucky if we get in at all.

Anyways, I was just trying to provide some positive around this weekend. Not trying to rationalize crap. This used to be a pretty cool place to come, but it seems now, that it's beset by trolls, or fellows "fans" who enjoy proving others wrong as quickly as possible. I don't know why the atmosphere changed from some pretty rowdy, cool fans, to a bunch of bickering, bitter fans who try to be dicks to each other as often as possible, but it's sad to see.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Backing in? Versus what.. us falling in? We will be very lucky if we get in at all.

Anyways, I was just trying to provide some positive around this weekend. Not trying to rationalize crap. This used to be a pretty cool place to come, but it seems now, that it's beset by trolls, or fellows "fans" who enjoy proving others wrong as quickly as possible. I don't know why the atmosphere changed from some pretty rowdy, cool fans, to a bunch of bickering, bitter fans who try to be ***** to each other as often as possible, but it's sad to see.

Are you kidding? At least we're playing teams' starters, one on the road against a Super Bowl contender. Eagles didn't rest THEIR starters. If they had the same could be said for us.

Ambiguous
12-31-2009, 08:51 AM

Anyways, I was just trying to provide some positive around this weekend. Not trying to rationalize crap. This used to be a pretty cool place to come, but it seems now, that it's beset by trolls, or fellows "fans" who enjoy proving others wrong as quickly as possible. I don't know why the atmosphere changed from some pretty rowdy, cool fans, to a bunch of bickering, bitter fans who try to be ***** to each other as often as possible, but it's sad to see.

It's because of the late season swoon, year after year. Missing the playoffs in immortalizing fashion two years in a row has most of us pretty cynical.

There was hardly any arguing or bickering when we were 6-0, just sayin...

azbroncfan
12-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Not trying to rationalize crap.

I don't understand how the Colts laying down and giving Jets a win is a blessing for Denver? Blessing that they won't make the playoffs? Other teams will rest starters this week just like they have for years. Only reason Colts caught a little heat(was not very much) was they were undefeated.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
It's because of the late season swoon, year after year. Missing the playoffs in immortalizing fashion two years in a row has most of us pretty cynical.

I think that was mostly having 90% of the trolls gone because they couldn't handle discussing a successful product.

oubronco
12-31-2009, 09:41 AM
I think that was mostly having 90% of the trolls gone because they couldn't handle discussing a successful product.

You could be on to something

Blueflame
12-31-2009, 01:53 PM

Memory is such a subjective thing... there was thread after thread of the "true fans" trying to forcefeed crow to everyone else (and most all of 'em turned into flamefests) when we were 6-0.

Hogan11
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM

At least.. that's what I'm hoping.

Not a chance. Teams already in will rest the starters. Look for them to play to the half at most and that's only because of half hearted attempts to better their seedings.

Gort
12-31-2009, 04:40 PM
any Broncos fan going into this weekend hoping to see all of the pieces fall into place for the Broncos to back into the playoffs will be disappointed. it's not going to happen. this weekend is the end of the 2009 season. it's all about going out on a high note, finishing 9-7, and looking forward to next year. just enjoy a smackdown of KC at home. don't get emotionally invested in the other games and you won't be disappointed. personally, i'd like to see the Broncos up by a large enough margin by the 2nd half to see Brandstater and Hillis get some playing time. beyond the KC game, i have no expectations that any scenario beneficial to the Broncos playoff hopes will occur.