PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall Hurt in practice today (12/30/09)

BroncoDoug
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
says he hurt his hammy, status unknown for this weekends game....

Great... just what we need

http://ow.ly/RbJa Linkage....

Popps
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
sigh

Dr. Broncenstein
12-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Who is going to be our go-to pass-dropper this weekend?

Rabb
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
wonderful

BroncoDoug
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM

well after Stokley gets thrown out for going MMA on some poor ref, and assuming Royal is still hurt, We will have LLoyd and Gaffney as our "go to" recievers...

le sigh :(

Rabb
12-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I think we all know the obvious answer now...

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/peytonhillis1.jpg

cutthemdown
12-30-2009, 12:42 PM
He probably dropped those easy balls last week, and now will dog it. That will show Broncos his true worth. I really think Marshall may think this way. He's so good, but also maybe a bit crazy.

BroncoDoug
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
PostBroncos (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)
CBS4 Denver has good video of Marshall hurting his hamstring. Looked pretty bad for Brandon.

via Lindsey Jones Twitter

Dukes
12-30-2009, 12:53 PM
He's obviously just faking it in fear of KC's defense

Sassy
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM

LOL! Let's hope Stokely doesn't get booted this weekend as well!

Sassy
12-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Clady? :strong:

bowtown
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Quick, lowball him on a contract while he's still hurt.

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
We are going to win this game.

baja
12-30-2009, 01:19 PM
was he punting??

Pseudofool
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Aren't we resting our starters this game, anyways?

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
The good news is that Orton will now distribute the ball to multiple receivers..
More throws towards Royal, Gaffney and Scheffler.

Bronco Yoda
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
The good news is that Orton will now distribute the ball to multiple receivers..
More throws towards Royal, Gaffney and Scheffler.

I'm not sure thats allowed.

gunns
12-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure thats allowed.

Only if they are 5-8 yards

Rabb
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Aren't we resting our starters this game, anyways?

I think we did against Oakland, we should be good

Bronx33
12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
sigh

I concur..

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
"Yeah, he's not my favorite person right now,"

"I mean, I support him, but it's always something with him right now."

oubronco
12-30-2009, 02:01 PM
As the world turns

NFLBRONCO
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Sounds like Scheffler will be inactive sunday

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds like Scheffler will be inactive sunday

Is he hurt?

ant1999e
12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
If McDouche had half a brain, he'd put hillis in there to replace BM.

NFLBRONCO
12-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Is he hurt?

According to ppl out at Dove Valley

Expect Tony to be a heathly scratch for the last game
I knew he was unhappy but he must have pissed McD off

CEH KFFL Bronco Board

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 02:15 PM

CEH KFFL Bronco Board

Our coach is not utlilizing Hillis, Royal and Scheffler.
They are playmakers.
I hate to see Scheffler and Hillis go next season.

Mcd ego is killing this team

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Well Scheff did drop two passes in Philly.

Ambiguous
I'll be the first to say it....

BRING IN HILLIS!!!!!!!!!

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 02:16 PM
*scrolls up*
*sees Hillis was already mentioned*
*sighs*

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Eddie Royal does not know and understand the difference between zone and man coverages, and does not change his routes appropriately. This has been a problem since last season.

But it's all McStupidpoopyface's fault. Got it. /rolleyes

I love Scheffler as much as anybody, but he drops catchable passes. I like HIllis as well, but he's obviously not playing his way into the lineup, and reading his scouting report from before the draft, that's not terribly surprising.

go_broncos
Well Scheff did drop two passes in Philly.

Well..then Moreno should not be our RB and Jordon should be cut.

If you cut a player for 2 drop passes, then there will not be any player's left.

In fact, Marshall also dropped catches against Philly

TheElusiveKyleOrton
*scrolls up*
*sees Hillis was already mentioned*
*sighs*

You know you could do that on every thread, right?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Well..then Moreno should not be our RB and Jordon should be cut.

If you cut a player for 2 drop passes, then there will not be any player's left.

In fact, Marshall also dropped catches against Philly

You evidently failed to catch the joke. I'm not surprised.

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Eddie Royal does not know and understand the difference between zone and man coverages, and does not change his routes appropriately. This has been a problem since last season.

I love Scheffler as much as anybody, but he drops catchable passes. I like HIllis as well, but he's obviously not playing his way into the lineup, and reading his scouting report from before the draft, that's not terribly surprising.

Yet our coach gives chances to player's like Berger, Jordon and A. Smith.

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
You evidently failed to catch the joke. I'm not surprised.

Right now, I am pissed with the coach and his ego.

He gives chances to Berger and yet doesn't give the same amount to Hillis.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Are you kidding?

Net punting average has gone up since Berger came on. How you refuse to see this is beyond me.

Jordan has four fumbles in his entire career. Read that again.

Phonz is a rookie.

You have incredibly unrealistic expectations, and post like you're an 8th grader not getting your way. It's absurd.

Florida_Bronco
He probably dropped those easy balls last week, and now will dog it. That will show Broncos his true worth. I really think Marshall may think this way. He's so good, but also maybe a bit crazy.

Man, seriously. I like you and all, but you have a greater need for drama than a teenage girl.

;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Right now, I am pissed with the coach and his ego.

He gives chances to Berger and yet doesn't give the same amount to Hillis.

I'm pretty sure they play completely different positions. But sure. Good argument.

:rofl:

bombay
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/goalie75/Hillis.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var fsi = $('fullSizedImage'); var onFsi = function(event) { pageTags.addTagListToImg('fullSizedImage', [ ]); Event.stopObserving(fsi, 'load', onFsi); } Event.observe(fsi, 'load', onFsi); </SCRIPT><FORM id=formBrowseFullsize name=formBrowseFullsize action=/mediadetail/ method=post><!-- Dynamic --> <!-- Static -->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var ratingsController = RatingController.getInstance(); ratingsController.config({ mediaUrl: "http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/goalie75/Hillis.jpg", id: "rating", rating: 0, loggedIn: true, rated: false, starClass: "star", messageIndices: ["Hate it!", "Boring.", "OK.", "Good.","Love it!"], ratingCountId: "ratingCount", ratingStatusId: "ratingStatus", ratingMessageId: "ratingMessage" });</SCRIPT>

</FORM>
<FORM id=deleteForm onsubmit="document.fire(CommentsController.EVENT.DELETE,{for m:$('deleteForm')});return false;">
</FORM>

[/URL]

[URL="http://media.photobucket.com/image/hillis%20superman/goalie75/Hillis.jpg&co=10"]

(javascript:void(0);)

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
You know you could do that on every thread, right?

Sadly, yes.

Can we change the logo to say "The online Hillis circle jerk that never ends"?

Broncos4tw
Why do people rag on Marshall? If not for him, we'd probably not even have the record we do. And sure he drops some, especially when they are thrown like bullets from 6 yards out, behind him, because Orton is incapable of leading a receiver.

rastaman
well after Stokley gets thrown out for going MMA on some poor ref, and assuming Royal is still hurt, We will have LLoyd and Gaffney as our "go to" recievers...

le sigh :(

Time to call on "Special Forces Hillis":sunshine:

eddie mac
12-30-2009, 02:31 PM
We only threw the ball 25 times in KC and ran it 45 times for near 250 yards. More of the same will do thankyou.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM

CEH KFFL Bronco Board

Why is McD so thin skined and so easy to piss off?:rofl:

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
we only threw the ball 25 times in kc and ran it 45 times for near 250 yards. More of the same will do thankyou.

And let's not forget, HILLIS WAS PLAYING!!!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:33 PM
sadly, yes.

Can we change the logo to say "the online hillis circle jerk that never ends"?

lol

rastaman
12-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Sadly, yes.

Can we change the logo to say "The online Hillis circle jerk that never ends"?

Patients Sir Lance Alot! Hillis will be gone soon....and your circle jerk will end.

Hamrob
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM

I love Scheffler as much as anybody, but he drops catchable passes. I like HIllis as well, but he's obviously not playing his way into the lineup, and reading his scouting report from before the draft, that's not terribly surprising.Where do you get that crap about Royal. What I see from him, is frustration. He's open alot and Orton just cannot get him the ball.

In regards to Scheffler, you need to involve him in the gameplan more often. You can't expect to play the guy every other week and throw to him one or twice and have him be hudini. You need to get him more involved!

As for Hillis...the guy is better that Moreno...but Moreno was the #12 pick (period).

cabronco
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Our coach is not utlilizing Hillis, Royal and Scheffler.
They are playmakers.
I hate to see Scheffler and Hillis go next season.

Mcd ego is killing this team

QFT ! Its like a lit up billboard anymore.

Hamrob
12-30-2009, 02:35 PM
What's sad about all you McDaniels guzzlers...is that next year when we're 9-7 once again and full of excuses...you'll all be kissing his ass just the same.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 02:37 PM

We all know McD brought in Gaffney to replace Royal down the road in 2 years. Seems like Orton and sophomore receivers are not a recipe for success.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Where do you get that crap about Royal. What I see from him, is frustration. He's open alot and Orton just cannot get him the ball.

In regards to Scheffler, you need to involve him in the gameplan more often. You can't expect to play the guy every other week and throw to him one or twice and have him be hudini. You need to get him more involved!

As for Hillis...the guy is better that Moreno...but Moreno was the #12 pick (period).

That bit about Royal is simply not true. Not getting separation, not reading defenses properly, and is not in the right spot. Period.

Hudini? HOUDINI? The balls were thrown right ****ing to the guy, and he dropped them! Scheffler does not need to be Houdini to catch a ball. In fact, I could go outside my office right now and catch a football. I'm pretty sure involving him in the game plan, and reps, has nothing to do with how well he catches the ****ing ball.

Hillis is so much better that he's a backup fullback. Got it. I'll just mark that as "wishful thinking" or "grasping at straws" and we'll all move on.

Jesus, this board is absurd.

Popps
12-30-2009, 02:40 PM

What did Jordan do wrong? 25 carries. 3.5 yards a carry. No fumbles.

He's a reserve running back.

Why do so many people around here hinge their arguments on this guy like he's some sort of key role-player for us this season?

Honestly, it's just ****ing silliness.

You know when people are digging this deep... it's because prior arguments failed.

It's like BPC...

First, we were doomed because we fired Shanahan. That was proven wrong. So, then it was we were doomed because we traded Cutler. That was proven WAY wrong. Now, he's going after Kyle Orton on every thread. (On topic or not.)

You'v got Taco on a Peyton Hillis Jihad. (Which seems to have died down.)

It's like, these malcontents just keep looking for something to pitch a bitch about.

Now we're bitching about Lamont freakin' Jordan, our rarely active, 4th string back?

Get real.

go_broncos
Where do you get that crap about Royal. What I see from him, is frustration. He's open alot and Orton just cannot get him the ball.

I believe Scheffler is as good as Dallas Clark..
Only one game(against SD) we utilized him and we all know the result.
Unfortunately, NE doesn't value TE's.
But, Tony is too good to be traded or cut.

It is funny that all the playmaker's on offense(except Marshall) suddenly forgot to run the routes, doesn't catch the balls.

Cutler was a problem last year and Orton is the problem this year.

We need Franchise QB's and not dumb QB's(Cutler)/game manager's(Orton).

TheElusiveKyleOrton
What's sad about all you McDaniels guzzlers...is that next year when we're 9-7 once again and full of excuses...you'll all be kissing his ass just the same.

And what if we're not 9-7 again? What if we're vastly improved?

See, that's part of being a fan. Taking the good with the bad, not acting like a spoiled ****ing brat when you don't get your way.

I love how anyone who thinks we actually might be moving towards something are "McDaniels guzzlers," and anyone who thinks we're doomed is a "real fan." This board is like bizarro world.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 02:41 PM

Perhaps what McD views as garbage and castoffs in terms of Scheffler and Hillis, the owner that hires Shanny just might find room on the roster for those two stiffs.

Pseudofool
12-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Why is McD so thin skined and so easy to piss off?:rofl:Yeah, nothing says thin-skinnedness more than a player going into the doghouse on the last week of the season. :eyeroll:

rastaman
12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Only one game(against SD) we utilized him and we all know the result.
Unfortunately, NE doesn't value TE's.
But, Tony is too good to be traded or cut.

It is funny that all the playmaker's on offense(except Marshall) suddenly forgot to run the routes, doesn't catch the balls.

Cutler was a problem last year and Orton is the problem this year.

We need Franchise QB's and not dumb QB's(Cutler)/game manager's(Orton).

McD had a alot of toys to play with offensively in his first year in Denver. In fact he had so many skilled offensive toys.....he just couldn't find time to play with all of them on Sundays.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, nothing says thin-skinnedness more than a player going into the doghouse on the last week of the season. :eyeroll:

Meh! Whats new....Warden McD has put another Shanahan drafted player in his Gulag.8')

Funny how nothing is ever McD's fault. Must be a Heavy Burden to think you're right all the time.:peace:

baja
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
We only threw the ball 25 times in KC and ran it 45 times for near 250 yards. More of the same will do thankyou.

Not this time our O line died...

Popps
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Not this time our O line died...

Yea, but K.C. has real problems stopping the run. I think we need to try to pound them down again, even if we're having issues.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
What did Jordan do wrong? 25 carries. 3.5 yards a carry. No fumbles. He's a reserve running back.

He's also McD's boy or favorite!!!!!

Why do so many people around here hinge their arguments on this guy like he's some sort of key role-player for us this season? Honestly, it's just ****ing silliness.

On which guy are you referring to? Jordan or Hillis?

You know when people are digging this deep... it's because prior arguments failed. It's like BPC...

Shhhhh......calm down Margret. We all know only your arguments and opinions make the most sense. So as you stay in your Kevlar "Echo Chamber" no one can ever beat you or change your mind about any topic Hilarious!

First, we were doomed because we fired Shanahan. That was proven wrong. So, then it was we were doomed because we traded Cutler. That was proven WAY wrong. Now, he's going after Kyle Orton on every thread. (On topic or not.)

Come on Man.....Orton was basking in all the glory after a 6-0 start and now he's taking the heat for a 2-7 record. Sounds fair to me---unless you want to provide excuses for are starting QB.

You'v got Taco on a Peyton Hillis Jihad. (Which seems to have died down.)
It's like, these malcontents just keep looking for something to pitch a b**** about.

Oh come on Drama queen you have a love fest with any player that Bowlen and McD approves of. By-the-way, BMarsh sends you his regards....after all you've always had his back in more ways than one!

Now we're b****ing about Lamont freakin' Jordan, our rarely active, 4th string back? Get real.

We all know that Jordan is McD's boy and is better than Moreno...what are you complaining about? After all it isn't like he's earned to the right to get touches b/c he's been injured quite a bit.

Ratboy
12-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Fitting.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Yea, but K.C. has real problems stopping the run. I think we need to try to pound them down again, even if we're having issues.

I think we will be alright so long as Orton doesn't play and pass the ball like a walking Concussion.

Mr.Meanie
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM

You really get jaded to the rampant idiocy on the internet... but every once in a while someone will say something so mind-bogglingly stupid that it actually startles you. Well done, sir.

Sassy
12-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Considering Clark has been a Bronco killer nearly every time we play the Colts....LOL!

bombay
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
You really get jaded to the rampant idiocy on the internet... but every once in a while someone will say something so mind-bogglingly stupid that it actually startles you. Well done, sir.

lol

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM

I truly believe Scheffler is a very good catching TE.Unfortunately, he is not good at Blocking. Last year, he caught some amazing passes.

Mcd is not utilizing him properly..if you have watched the game in SD, you will know his value.

Well according to Mcd's lovers, it is everyone's fault except Orton.
I hope you used the same phrase against them.

Pony Boy
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
This guy has great hands......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eATtg3xbY5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eATtg3xbY5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Que
12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Shaka, when the walls fell.

HILife
12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Of course. Sigh

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 03:30 PM
This guy has great hands......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eATtg3xbY5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eATtg3xbY5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, he is lazy and doesn't know the playbook.
Our offense is so complex that it takes years to learn.

It is so complex that none of the player's don't know it completly.That's the reason we have so many 3 and out's.

Goobzilla
12-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Hope this means even more bubble screens on Sunday:tearhair:

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Hope this means even more bubble screens on Sunday:tearhair:

!Booya!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Well, he is lazy and doesn't know the playbook.
Our offense is so complex that it takes years to learn.

It is so complex that none of the player's don't know it completly.That's the reason we have so many 3 and out's.

Can't... read... through... rampant... idiocy...

yerner
12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
So wait, now Scheffler sucks? Really? Nope. I know that guy can play. Thats the truth. He obviously doesn't like playing in Denver anymore but that doesn't mean he can't play.

Goobzilla
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I will miss Scheff, but he'll get paid well by some other team this offseason. They said on the Fan today he's running with the scout team at practice, what a waste!

BroncoDoug
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/30/broncos-wr-marshall-expected-to-play-vs-chiefs/

Marshall expected to play

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
So wait, now Scheffler sucks? Really? Nope. I know that guy can play. Thats the truth. He obviously doesn't like playing in Denver anymore but that doesn't mean he can't play.

Obviously?

The MVPlaya
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM

Berger? Are you that fuccing stupid?

You realize we only have 1 punter right?

Jordan... Jordan knows his role and has a role of coming in when the game is over. People want more than this from Hillis.

Smith got his chances because he's a rookie, but his time has been going down to Tony Carter...and when Law was healthy, he was eating up his time too.

Los Broncos
12-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow, since TMIguy posted that injury thread, **** has gone down hill.

Even without him we should still win.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Considering Clark has been a Bronco killer nearly every time we play the Colts....LOL!

Lets hope Scheffler doesn' comeback to haunt the Broncos!

watermock
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Clark is talent (multiple probowls], his MVP QB has a line that lets him scan the field line and passblocking par excellellance and Addai.

We had an offense second in yards but couldn't run block in the red zone.

We totally blow chunks in the 09 draft, and we lost to a pathetic Oakland team at home, again.

Sounds like a 5 year plan. We were in year 3 of that plan last year.

We are better because of some old competent FA's and Nolan.

Not becase of our draft or offense. This offense has had twice the turnovers and stops as last year.

we got 2 incredible lucky plays early, and Prater has been clutch. Winning a 3rd game.

If it were not for the crap in our division, we could be 5-10

watermock
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
I remember morons whining to cut Prater. He's like 16/17 with kickoffs mostly in the end zone.

McD is a poor judge of talent.

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Sheffler is 6'5 and 255 and runs a sub 4.6 40 time and has great hands when the noodlearmed boy can get him the ball! If we think we can do better we're stupid! the guys blocking has seriously improved also! McNuggets is an idiot!

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Why hasn't Turkey Berger been cut and dumped in the bin?

Mr.Meanie
12-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I remember morons whining to cut Prater. He's like 16/17 with kickoffs mostly in the end zone.

This post is an oxymoron... (emphasis on the moron)

eddie mac
12-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Why hasn't Turkey Berger been cut and dumped in the bin?

We signed another punter so he may well be soon.

BroncoDoug
12-31-2009, 05:43 AM
FWIW Marshall said on his facebook page that he strained a Hammy, but should be good to go on Sunday

watermock
12-31-2009, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock

This post is an oxymoron... (emphasis on the moron)

Moron.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2009, 05:57 AM
FWIW Marshall said on his facebook page that he strained a Hammy, but should be good to go on Sunday

That's "spacebook" to you, Mister.

gunns
12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah saw the film, didn't look as bad as some have said and they are saying he will play Sunday. Still, hammies can linger.

Phantom
12-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Thank you McBronco Doug for the update. Four pages of BS to find a relevent update on the thread topic. Carry on ... Hillis should punt or something, yawn.

Hogan11
12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Lets hope Scheffler doesn' comeback to haunt the Broncos!

Heard the same thing about Putz a few years back.....nothing came of it