PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco to the rescue!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
LINK (http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/30/broncos-need-help-and-ochocinco-wants-to-assist/2153/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Broncos need help, and Ochocinco wants to assist
December 30th, 2009, 2:42 pm Post a Comment posted by Frank Schwab

The Broncos need help to make the playoffs. They need either Cincinnati, which has clinched its division but can't get a first-round bye, to beat the Jets, or the Raiders to beat Baltimore. The Bengals could rest their starters on Sunday night.

The Broncos have an ally. In a conference call with the New York media, which was transcribed and posted by the New York Daily News, Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco comically said that he wants to play the entire game against the Jets.

"I swear to God, I called Coach (Marvin) Lewis from after Sunday's game to this point at least 20 times," Ochocinco said when asked how much he expects to play. "I asked him the same question, 'Coach, please don't get me excited. How much are we playing?' He gave me that little giggle and then he said, 'We're playing the whole game. We're playing to win.' I said, 'OK. Now if you get me excited and you try to pull me out of the game, I'm not coming out. I will force you to use every time out just to get me off the field.' That's what I plan to do. I'm not coming off the field. Period. If (Jets cornerback Darrelle) Revis is in there, I'm in the game. I'm not coming out."

The Broncos understand they can't complain if they don't get help. Last week the Colts, who have the top seed in the AFC wrapped up, pulled their starters and lost to the Jets, who can now get a wild-card spot with a win. This week, the Bengals could rest starters.

"They have a right to do that," linebacker Elvis Dumervil said. "They've earned that."

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said the same thing, that other teams that have clinched have earned the right to rest their starters.

"It will affect us, but it's not our business," McDaniels said.

Denver did control its own destiny until a loss against Philadelphia. Now the Broncos need help and can't complain if they don't get it.

"That's your problem," McDaniels said. "You should have done more."

oubronco
12-30-2009, 02:18 PM
at least the coach and players realize it's their fault if they don't make the playoffs and not making excuses and blaming everybody but themselves

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Good news, but they're playbook is still going to be insanely vanilla.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Good news, but they're playbook is still going to be insanely vanilla.

And they can still probably beat the Jets.

Doggcow
12-30-2009, 02:30 PM
I love Ochocinco

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
I love Ochocinco

Me too. Don't know why people hate him so much. I think he's funny as hell. A breath of fresh air in the stuffy-shirt NFL.

oubronco
12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Wasn't he wanting to change his name again?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Wasn't he wanting to change his name again?

I think it was a joke, but yes. To the Japanese word for "eighty five": Hachi Go.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__19/ept_sports_nfl_experts-35616357-1260449709.jpg?ymtOoVCD4YC0aNmz

Ratboy
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I think it was a joke, but yes. To the Japanese word for "eighty five": Hachi Go.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__19/ept_sports_nfl_experts-35616357-1260449709.jpg?ymtOoVCD4YC0aNmz

Eight Five.

Not Eighty Five.

but on the right track.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Eight Five.

Not Eighty Five.

but on the right track.

Word.

I don't speak Japanese.

brncs_fan
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Eight Five.

Not Eighty Five.

but on the right track.

Same thing with Ocho Cinco. It is eight five and not eighty five.