PDA

View Full Version : D.J. Williams, Pro-Bowl Alternate.

Requiem
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
According to Josh McDaniels, current press conference at the official website. Well deserved. :thumbs:

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
what about DOOM!!?!?!?!

Requiem
12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Doom is a Pro-Bowl starter, Vance!

~Crash~
12-30-2009, 11:53 AM
stiff arm D.J. Williams wow they must be blind

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Doom is a Pro-Bowl starter, Vance!

How did I miss that????

on ESPN they said he got SNUBBED!!!

HEAV
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
DJ has bounced around from OLB, to ILB in the 4-3 and now back to ILB in the 3-4. The best thing for him will be leave him at on spot (currently ILB) and let him learn the position.

He's hit the wrong hole more than a few times this year, but also he's made so big plays has had sacks and forced fumbles.

In time (hopefully) he will be better at reading the blocks.

Popps
12-30-2009, 12:06 PM
The best thing for DJ would be to be traded to a 4-3 team with a hammer in the middle, so he can use his skill-set. He's not meant to be diagnosing plays and taking on blockers.

That's not a slam on him, it's just the truth. He's a great weak OLB. He's a marginal ILB.

jhns
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
The best thing for DJ would be to be traded to a 4-3 team with a hammer in the middle, so he can use his skill-set. He's not meant to be diagnosing plays and taking on blockers.

That's not a slam on him, it's just the truth. He's a great weak OLB. He's a marginal ILB.

Well, what is good for DJ doesn't matter. We can't trade or replace any players because we have found the winning formula that makes us competitive. Didn't you just say this in another thread?

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, what is good for DJ doesn't matter. We can't trade or replace any players because we have found the winning formula that makes us competitive. Didn't you just say this in another thread?

(yawn)

jhns
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
(yawn)

Yeah, his rationale is pretty boring.

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, his rationale is pretty boring.

no, its more or less my reaction when I open up a thread about one of our guys making the Pro Bowl and having to read douchebaggery about how the coach is purpousely holding certain players from reaching their potential

Dagmar
12-30-2009, 12:34 PM
no, its more or less my reaction when I open up a thread about one of our guys making the Pro Bowl and having to read douchebaggery about how the coach is purpousely holding certain players from reaching their potential

It's awesome, with the vbulletin firefox add on I have no idea which one of the douches I have ignore you are talking to!

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Which alternate is D.J.?

From my understanding, Bart Scott is the first alternate at inside linebacker and David Harris is the second alternate.

jhns
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM

Ummm.... Riiight. What exactly did you read? Maybe you meant to quote Popps? I was just making fun of his Orton stance.

OBF1
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
It's awesome, with the vbulletin firefox add on I have no idea which one of the douches I have ignore you are talking to!

My ignore list is bigger than yours ROFL!

oubronco
12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Good for DJ he's done everything the team has asked him to do without bitching about it and has excelled doing so

Florida_Bronco
12-30-2009, 03:34 PM

DJ has been a stud this season, and even brought more of those "big plays" that you wanted out of him. Calling him marginal is extremely off base IMO.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm sure the haters were furious with this news.

Congrats DJ! :)

I'm very happy for him...although I was kinda pissed off that he didn't make it as a reserve, he deserved it more than DeMeco Ryans.....although an alternate is better than nothing I suppose.

steeledude
12-31-2009, 01:50 AM
DJ's one of the best. I hope he has a long Broncos career that continues to get better. The guy has done so much without ever complaining. I was really happy when they paid him. If anyone deserved it, it's him. He is the epitome of team player.

bap454
12-31-2009, 02:11 AM
DJ's one of the best. I hope he has a long Broncos career that continues to get better. The guy has done so much without ever complaining. I was really happy when they paid him. If anyone deserved it, it's him. He is the epitome of team player.

Well said my friend. :thumbsup: Even when the guy gets a well deserved nod, morons are still wanting to bench,trade, or move him to another position. LEAVE DJ ALONE!!!!!!....jk

Popps
12-31-2009, 02:19 AM

Umm.... no.

DJ would be great trade bait.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2009, 02:32 AM
Well said my friend. :thumbsup: Even when the guy gets a well deserved nod, morons are still wanting to bench,trade, or move him to another position. LEAVE DJ ALONE!!!!!!....jk

You have to understand the mentality of the haters. They HATE this player. They HATE everything about him. It is PERSONAL. They like to repeatedly give him backhanded compliments so as to appear evenhanded on the surface when they absolutely cannot stand him. Some of these people have never liked him from DAY ONE. It's got to be exasperating for them to see him finally achieve some Pro Bowl recognition. The fact is that there are some people out there that dont appreciate what he brings to the table. They don't appreciate being a good soldier. Or serving consistently and solidly over time. Or being a leader without running your mouth. Or being a good influence on younger players (WW). Or doing your job well without whoring yourself out for attention. There are people out there who do not hesitate to misrepresent facts and claim that he never makes big plays when he's consistently at or near the top of the team's annual TFL list. Those attacks haven't stopped even this year when he's had career highs for FF and sacks and passes defensed, etc. He's not celebrated for improving various aspects of his game over time or adjusting from position to position without complaint. No....you'll find that that's rarely celebrated. Instead, they prefer to call him stupid and nitpick as to the deficiencies of his game, when every player on the team has deficiencies in their game. It's sort of the ESPN mentality. There are people here that have ALWAYS hated DJ. You've got to keep this in mind. This recognition is KILLING them. Personally, I enjoy seeing these people suffer through this Pro Bowl recognition.

Popps
12-31-2009, 02:44 AM
You have to understand the mentality of the haters. They HATE this player. They HATE everything about him. It is PERSONAL. They like to repeatedly give him backhanded compliments so as to appear evenhanded on the surface when they absolutely cannot stand him. Some of these people have never liked him from DAY ONE. It's got to be exasperating for them to see him finally achieve some Pro Bowl recognition. The fact is that there are some people out there that dont appreciate what he brings to the table. They don't appreciate being a good soldier. Or serving consistently and solidly over time. Or being a leader without running your mouth. Or being a good influence on younger players (WW). Or doing your job well without whoring yourself out for attention. There are people out there who do not hesitate to misrepresent facts and claim that he never makes big plays when he's consistently at or near the top of the team's annual TFL list. Those attacks haven't stopped even this year when he's had career highs for FF and sacks and passes defensed, etc. He's not celebrated for improving various aspects of his game over time or adjusting from position to position without complaint. No....you'll find that that's rarely celebrated. Instead, they prefer to call him stupid and nitpick as to the deficiencies of his game, when every player on the team has deficiencies in their game. It's sort of the ESPN mentality. There are people here that have ALWAYS hated DJ. You've got to keep this in mind. This recognition is KILLING them. Personally, I enjoy seeing these people suffer through this Pro Bowl recognition.

Honestly, man... that post borders on disturbing. Seriously, SoCal. That's just bizarre.

No one "hates" your DJ, by the way.

Wow.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Honestly, man... that post borders on disturbing. Seriously, SoCal. That's just bizarre.

No one "hates" your DJ, by the way.

Wow.

I stand 100% behind my statement. They know who they are.

Popps
12-31-2009, 02:52 AM
I've never heard anyone say they "hated" him. I know a lot of people were upset with him for quitting on the field in San Diego last year, but he's played fine this year. He is what he is.

Is he a relative, SoCal?

broncogary
12-31-2009, 06:27 AM

It's not DJ we hate, it's the obsessive "DJ is the greatest" rant you always bring. You were Rastaman before there was Rastaman.

But I don't hate him. I think he played at a pro-bowl alternate level this year. However, I'd trade him for DeMeco Ryans in a heartbeat.

bpc
12-31-2009, 06:44 AM
I've never heard anyone say they "hated" him. I know a lot of people were upset with him for quitting on the field in San Diego last year, but he's played fine this year. He is what he is.

Is he a relative, SoCal?

Ah, as the agenda turns. Looks like Popps has now found a new fall guy for our offense?

watermock
12-31-2009, 06:46 AM
Jesus Poops, who do you think really belongs on defense other than Doom, champ and Dawkins by default?

jhns
12-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Umm.... no.

DJ would be great trade bait.

So one of the worst players on, by far, the worst unit on the team can't be traded. This is because we have found the formula to be competitve. You then say one of the better players on the unit that is actually doing good should be dangled out there as trade bait? The good players on the less problematic side of the ball aren't part of the winning formula? Wow, you guys never stop making me laugh.

watermock
12-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Epecially since we gave him a new contact. trade him.

t's funny how Poops keeps tying to antagonize SoCal, despite the fact DJ has played 5 positions.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2009, 07:10 AM
D.J. is kinda the defensive version of Jason Campbell in that, he's been moved around so much and he's had so many different coaches that he has not had any significant time to master one of the LBer positions.

I'm happy for DJ. He's had a great year and he's playing with some passion.

oubronco
12-31-2009, 07:15 AM

Popps is their underground leader

Popcorn Sutton
12-31-2009, 07:18 AM

Must add now... broncofan7 will be gone forever!!!

watermock
12-31-2009, 07:23 AM
If you want to ignore, do it, don't brag.

It's weak.

watermock
12-31-2009, 07:25 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=6746&dateline=1253557870.

Beantown Bronco
12-31-2009, 07:26 AM
Epecially since we gave him a new contact. trade him.

Not that I would advocate trading him right now, but if there ever was a time to trade a guy that was just signed to a shiny, new contract, this would be the year. Why? Because the main deterrent to doing it in the past was the huge cap hit you'd take immediately. That's obviously not going to be an issue in an uncapped year.

watermock
12-31-2009, 07:32 AM
And you think a starting, healthy probowl LB should be dumped? That is under 30, with no injuies? AND we shoul eat his signing bonus.

****ing idiot.

Popcorn Sutton
12-31-2009, 07:33 AM
if you want to ignore, do it, don't brag.

It's weak.

......................//)
....................,/../
.................../..../
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(.......... ~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Beantown Bronco
12-31-2009, 07:37 AM
And you think a starting, healthy probowl LB should be dumped? That is under 30, with no injuies? AND we shoul eat his signing bonus.

****ing idiot.

I guess you are struggling with the first 7 words of my post:

Not that I would advocate trading him

Paladin
12-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Mock has a reading and comprehension problem.. Leave him alone.....

I do; I have him on Iggy. For quite sime tiie now.

(Need to check out firefox)

azbroncfan
12-31-2009, 09:20 AM

You are sick man. The only reason I hated drafting him is we passed up the best RB in the draft for him. An All PRO RB or slightly above average LB which one do you want? As much as you say people nitpick and hat on him you overrate him and coddle him to no end. It goes both ways.

watermock
12-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Not that I would advocate trading him right now, but if there ever was a time to trade a guy that was just signed to a shiny, new contract, this would be the year. Why? Because the main deterrent to doing it in the past was the huge cap hit you'd take immediately. That's obviously not going to be an issue in an uncapped year.]

We eat his signing bonus moron.We stil eat the signing bonus moron. besids, he's he best inside LB on the team and signed long term.

You have me on ignoe yet still respond, can you spell bait?

watermock
12-31-2009, 09:29 AM
and who is that RB? Is he a probowler this year? Just curious.

azbroncfan
12-31-2009, 09:38 AM
and who is that RB? Is he a probowler this year? Just curious.

Of course he is. He is pretty much every year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevenjackson/careerstats?id=JAC560875

Beantown Bronco
12-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Of course he is. He is pretty much every year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevenjackson/careerstats?id=JAC560875

Mock's batting 1.000 today.

Cito Pelon
12-31-2009, 09:56 AM

Congratulations to D.J. Williams for this recognition.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillD.20.htm

He's done his part over the years to contribute to the team's success. DJ has been a good player and a good citizen.

Popps
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Ah, as the agenda turns. Looks like Popps has now found a new fall guy for our offense?

Umm... sure, Chris. D.J. Williams plays offense.

Great job, buddy. The spam keeps getting better.

:thumbsup:

Popps
12-31-2009, 10:43 AM
So one of the worst players on, by far, the worst unit on the team can't be traded. This is because we have found the formula to be competitve. You then say one of the better players on the unit that is actually doing good should be dangled out there as trade bait? The good players on the less problematic side of the ball aren't part of the winning formula? Wow, you guys never stop making me laugh.

You realize Champ Bailey was traded at the peak of his game, right?

Anyone can be traded.

We won't trade D.J.. However, someone made a comment about doing so, and in reality... it would probably be great for both parties if it worked out correctly.

DJ isn't a middle linebacker. He's a nice athlete who runs and tackles well, but he's not an inside guy.

No, he's not remotely our biggest worry. Not even close.

However, I do hope we draft more ILB help. We need a true hammer on the inside.

Houshyamama
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
My ignore list is bigger than yours ROFL!

Can you read this? :pimp: