PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Josh McDaniel's

rastaman
12-30-2009, 03:57 AM
I'd like to start out by saying I don't outright hate coach McD. And I don't think those fans who have questioned McD's decisions since becoming the Broncos HC are driven to hate McD. Its just that the jury is still out on the guy. Some fans are just having a wait and see attitude before anointing him as the second coming.

Josh is only 33 years old for Christ sake and is coming from a Belichik coaching tree of assistants who have yet to prove they can turn other teams around like Belichick did in NE. Mangini and Crommel(sp) and even Weiss have YET to show they win as HC's in the NFL.

Here are some fair legitimate questions to ask about McD as a HC before you believe he is the One coach to lead this Franchise out of medicore.

Will McD's first 4 years equal what Shanny accomplished in his first 4 years as the Broncos HC?

Will McD even have the same win-loss record Shanny had after 6 or years?

Will or can McD have Denver in the SB w/i 4 to 6 years? or will McD be fired in 3 or 4 years?

Will McD be the 2nd coming of Jon Gruden but eventually end up as an NFL Color Analyst?

Over next 3 or 4 years will McD even duplicate what Shanny record in his last 3 or 4 years as Denver's HC?

Will McD end up back in NE as Belichicks OC in 3 or 4 years?

I don't expect a fan infected with the Homerism Disease to ask these questions about McD and its all good----Some fans are just unable to look at the big picture.

However, critically thinking realistic Denver Bronco fans are probably asking these same questions about McD....plain and simple.

The reality is McD is replacing a Legend in Mike Shanahan and will continue to live in the shadow of the greatest Bronco coach in its 50 plus year history.

Thats not HATE....Its Just Reality.

Florida_Bronco
12-30-2009, 04:08 AM
Josh is only 33 years old for Christ sake and is coming from a Belichik coaching tree of assistants who have yet to prove they can turn other teams around like Belichick did in NE. Mangini and Crommel(sp) and even Weiss have YET to show they win as HC's in the NFL. Mangini is a pretty decent coach and caught a really bad break in New York. Crennel also had Cleveland on the right track, albeit slowly.

More importantly though, they never had the level of control (they were DC's, and Bill runs the defense in New England) that McD did. Hell, even Weis didn't get as much freedom as Josh did in New England.

Beyond that, I don't know what the point of this thread is. It's not like any of us have a crystal ball we can look into and give you the answers. We're just going to enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

DenverBrit
12-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Here are some fair legitimate questions to ask about McD as a HC before you believe he is the One coach to lead this Franchise out of medicore.

Will McD's first 4 years equal what Shanny accomplished in his first 4 years as the Broncos HC?

Will or can McD have Denver in the SB w/i 4 to 6 years? or will McD be fired in 3 or 4 years?

Will McD be the 2nd coming of Jon Gruden but eventually end up as an NFL Color Analyst?

Over next 3 or 4 years will McD even duplicate what Shanny record in his last 3 or 4 years as Denver's HC?

http://www.utoledo.edu/LIBRARY/carlson/exhibits/gypsy/images/Gypsy_fortune_teller.jpg

rastaman
12-30-2009, 06:05 AM
http://www.utoledo.edu/LIBRARY/carlson/exhibits/gypsy/images/Gypsy_fortune_teller.jpg

Hi Brit.....so tell me why you still think the world is flat! :sunshine:

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.....question about Josh McDaniel's "what"?

His dog?
His hoodie?
His spacebook account?

His what?

Don't leave us hanging.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.....question about Josh McDaniel's "what"?

His dog?
His hoodie?
His spacebook account?

His what?

Don't leave us hanging.

No one left you Homers hanging! :clown:

Aside from not having a crystal ball (I'm working on buying one), I just asked a few questions on scenarios based upon what I believed could take place during McD's tenure as HC.

If you Homers want to have a conservative wait and see outlook....then good for you. No one has ever accused Homers in general of thinking outside the box. :wiggle:

55CrushEm
12-30-2009, 06:58 AM

Are you ****ing serious? Is THIS the criteria you have for McD to have success. Shanahan inherited the best QB of all time, one of the best TE's of all time, had one of the best RB's of all time. So, yeah that would be a tall task for McD.

And since when do you Shanny ball-lickers only count the first 4-6 years of his tenure....that's ancient history pal. How about the mediocrity over the last 10 years?? Yeah, Shanny is/was a legend....but even the best coaches decline......Shula, Landry....the game passed them by. I'm not sure if that's what happened to Shanny or not....but....

what we do know is Shanny was an egomaniac and a nepotist. He wanted "yes" men....as evidenced by the fact he went through 4 defensive coodinators in 4 years....and finally settled on one who is his best friend, despite the fact the guy has no business being a DC anywhere in professional football.

Jesus, another epic fail of a thread.......not shocking.

55CrushEm
12-30-2009, 07:00 AM
I'd like to start out by saying I don't outright hate coach McD.

Oh, and YES, you do.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh, and YES, you do.

Oh nooooooo I don't....you Obama lover--you. :P

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 07:10 AM
I'd like to start out by saying I don't outright hate coach McD. And I don't think those fans who have questioned McD's decisions since becoming the Broncos HC are driven to hate McD. Its just that the jury is still out on the guy. Some fans are just having a wait and see attitude before anointing him as the second coming.

Josh is only 33 years old for Christ sake and is coming from a Belichik coaching tree of assistants who have yet to prove they can turn other teams around like Belichick did in NE. Mangini and Crommel(sp) and even Weiss have YET to show they win as HC's in the NFL.

I don't expect a fan infected with the Homerism Disease to ask these questions about McD and its all good----Some fans are just unable to look at the big picture.

However, critically thinking realistic Denver Bronco fans are probably asking these same questions about McD....plain and simple.

The reality is McD is replacing a Legend in Mike Shanahan and will continue to live in the shadow of the greatest Bronco coach in its 50 plus year history.

First, I'd say most people here are adopting a "wait and see" with McDaniels and not anointing him anything. Other than our coach for the current time and the immediate future (2-3 more seasons, minimum). Your alarmist attitude is annoying and, frankly, very stupid.

I thought potheads were supposed to be mellow, brah.

"Will McD's first 4 years equal what Shanny accomplished in his first 4 years as the Broncos HC?"
I don't know. Neither do you.

"Will McD even have the same win-loss record Shanny had after 6 or years?"

"Will or can McD have Denver in the SB w/i 4 to 6 years? or will McD be fired in 3 or 4 years?"

"Will McD be the 2nd coming of Jon Gruden but eventually end up as an NFL Color Analyst?"

"Over next 3 or 4 years will McD even duplicate what Shanny record in his last 3 or 4 years as Denver's HC?"

"Will McD end up back in NE as Belichicks OC in 3 or 4 years?"

What's the point of asking these "important" questions, exactly? The only way to know -- again, the ONLY way -- is to wait and see.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Will McDaniels fly a car to the moon?

Will McDaniels' hoodie fly off, revealing that he has tremendous boobies?

Will McDaniels lead this team to a Super Bowl THIS YEAR after barely making the playoffs?

Will McDaniels find gold in his backyard while gardening with his wife in the off season, then decide that he wants to retire to Montana and become a gentleman rancher?

Will McDaniels run for office after winning three Super Bowls in 4 years?

Will McDaniels be the coach of the Denver Broncos for the next 32 seasons?

You're not asking big picture questions. You're asking regular questions, questions that will only be answered as we continue with Josh McDaniels as this team's coach. I'd advise that you enjoy the ride.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Shanahan was already a HC once before when he took the Denver job. So you're attempting to compare a rookie HC to someone who was in his 2nd stint. Not exactly equal footing. Add 2 years to your questions, then I think they're on equal ground.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Are you ****ing serious? Is THIS the criteria you have for McD to have success. Shanahan inherited the best QB of all time, one of the best TE's of all time, had one of the best RB's of all time. So, yeah that would be a tall task for McD.

Shanny didn't come to Denver and try and trade away Elway. Also, Moreno is his version of TD or why draft a RB in the first round!! McD in herited BMarsh who basically is a modern day Shannon Sharpe--so thats a poor excuse you're trying to make. Hey crybaby....no one told McJesus and Bowlen to go out and try to trade for Cassel then lie and antagonize Cutler out of Denver; only to end up with a QB that is limited talent and athletic wise, who can manage your team to 2-7 record w/o throwing alot of interceptions and TD passes! Why you Butt Snorkeling McD sycophants can't deal with the reality that your boy coach is under the microscope, shows you guys have got some growing up to do. Fair or not this scrutiny comes with the territory of taking on a HCing job of Denver Broncos.

And since when do you Shanny ball-lickers only count the first 4-6 years of his tenure....that's ancient history pal. How about the mediocrity over the last 10 years?? Yeah, Shanny is/was a legend....but even the best coaches decline......Shula, Landry....the game passed them by. I'm not sure if that's what happened to Shanny or not....but....

When are you Chamber-Maid-Belly Warming McD supporters going to realilze that at some point Ole' Joshua is going to be measured against Shanny one way or the other? Shanny was here for 14 years and w/i that time he's won 2 SB's. Thats nothing to sneeze at. Point is, its fair to judge and compare McD's won-loss record in compare to Shanny's at different stages and it isn't ancient history--You loser! Like it or not, McD is living and coaching in Shanny's Shadow.

As for as your stupid 10 yr argument, will you homer cry babies even give McD 10 yrs to coach in Denver? F*@K no. But what we can measure or compare when it comes to McD and Shanny is at the 4 year intervals. We can grade and compare McD and Shanny with their first 4 years respectively or we can comprare/predict whether McD can do better in his first 4 years what Shanny accomplished in his last 4 years. So stop crying and running away from having McJesus compared to Shanny. Man-the-F*@K up why don'tcha and let the chips fall where they may.

what we do know is Shanny was an egomaniac and a nepotist. He wanted "yes" men....as evidenced by the fact he went through 4 defensive coodinators in 4 years....and finally settled on one who is his best friend, despite the fact the guy has no business being a DC anywhere in professional football.

And what personality trait-type does McD exhibit? Ole' Josh wouldn't be a 30 something--stubborn I know it all type ROOKIE HC....is he? McD wouldn't have a reputation who's loose with the truth and may one day prove that his "Rah-Rah demeanor and hi shrill voice is the perfect receipe to drive his players Freaking Crazy at some point. Who knows, McD may prove he's the
2nd coming of another 30 something year old HC by the name of Jon Gruden before its all said and done. I wouldn't mind b/c Jon at least had the Raiders on the verge of a SB and coached TB to a SB victory.

Here's a question for ya, can or will McD even have the same success and accomplishments of Jon Gruden---let alone Mike Shanahan.

The thread isn't an epic fail .....you just overdosed on your HOMER MEDICATION or failed to take your HOMER MEDICATION at all.

DenverBrit
12-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi Brit.....so tell me why you still think the world is flat! :sunshine:

Yours or ours?? :wiggle:

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Rasta, you should be in a better position to answer all of these, since you have some kind of mind reading ability with Josh.

Or does that only work on matters regarding Hillis?

rastaman
12-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Will McDaniels lead this team to a Super Bowl THIS YEAR after barely making the playoffs?
Will McDaniels find gold in his backyard while gardening with his wife in the off season, then decide that he wants to retire to Montana and become a gentleman rancher?

None of your above questions have anything to do with football let alone a HC in the NFL. Why you continue to sniff glue so much is beyond me. But maybe sniffing glue is a hazing requirement of becoming a Homer Bronco Fan.

Which office are you refering to dumb azz? City, State, or Nation wide? Idiot!

Will McDaniels be the coach of the Denver Broncos for the next 32 seasons?

Will you even be a Bronco Fan or alive 32 years from now? Will the Broncos leave Denver and go to LA 32 years from now?...Moron!

You're not asking big picture questions. You're asking regular questions, questions that will only be answered as we continue with Josh McDaniels as this team's coach. I'd advise that you enjoy the ride.

These are big picture questions for narrow minded Homer fans like you, whose shown the unique ability not to think outside the box. Buts what's new....you're a Robtic Homer.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Yours or ours?? :wiggle:

Your Nose or your Head? :giggle:

rastaman
12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Shanahan was already a HC once before when he took the Denver job. So you're attempting to compare a rookie HC to someone who was in his 2nd stint. Not exactly equal footing. Add 2 years to your questions, then I think they're on equal ground.

Yep! he coached a total of 20 games with the Raiders. He 7-9 his first year and 1-6 his second year!

Looks like McD still has a chance to tie or exceed Shanny's first year record as a HC.....so whats your point Li'll Abner?

Are you saying we can't compare McD until after he's fired by Bowlen and he coaches his 2nd team?

Or do we wait until Bowlen Fires McD after 20 games and then compare Josh with Shanny?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 08:17 AM
These are big picture questions for narrow minded Homer fans like you, whose shown the unique ability not to think outside the box. Buts what's new....you're a Robtic Homer.

What's cute is when you tell other people that they should just respond without insults, then you respond with nothing but insults.

Every one of those questions is at least as relevant as the ones originally posted in this laugher of a thread.

Lemme get this straight: Thinking the worst at all times is "thinking outside of the box"?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Yep! he coached a total of 20 games with the Raiders. He 7-9 his first year and 1-6 his second year!

Looks like McD still has a chance to tie or exceed Shanny's first year record as a HC.....so whats your point Li'll Abner?

Are you saying we can't compare McD until after he's fired by Bowlen and he coaches his 2nd team?

Or do we wait until Bowlen Fires McD after 20 games and then compare Josh with Shanny?

Yeah, that's the point moron. But then no one on this site actually thinks you have the critical thinking skills necessary to be able to understand half of what is said in response to your posts.

Actually it means that Shanny was in Year 3 as a HC when he took over in Denver and won a SB in Year 5. So your comparisons should be based on that timeframe when you're talking about what Shanny accomplished in 4 years here since he wasn't a rookie coach when he took over.

ant1999e
12-30-2009, 08:31 AM
So now jay cutler is john elway? Do rastafarians smoke crack also?

Jason in LA
12-30-2009, 08:42 AM
It wouldn't be fair to expect McD to do what Shanny did in his first four years. It wouldn't be fair to ask any coach to do that. There probably aren't many coaches who in their first four years accomplished what Shanny did.

I'd say that McD has to at least make this team a contender for him stick around. Hovering around .500 over the next few years isn't going to keep him around. So if I were him, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to Orton. He better find his QB quick.

As much as I don't agree with the comments/questions that started this thread, I don't see why there was a need to bash Shanny. Shanny did inherit some great players, but he didn't inherit a great team, he created one. What did that team do with those great players do before Shanny got there? A whole lot of nothing. They were a .500 team for a few years. So Shanny does deserve some credit. He deserves a lot of credit. On the flip side, he deserves some blame for what happened over the next ten years, but I wouldn't go as far as to trash the guy.

Jason in LA
12-30-2009, 08:45 AM

Well, the Raiders have really only had one head coach over the last 40+ years ;D

bowtown
12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
What's cute is when you tell other people that they should just respond without insults, then you respond with nothing but insults.

Every one of those questions is at least as relevant as the ones originally posted in this laugher of a thread.

Lemme get this straight: Thinking the worst at all times is "thinking outside of the box"?

What I get a kick out of is that over in the WRP forum Rasta rails against people and certain news organizations who parade an agenda under the guise of "thinking outside the box," and then he marches right over to the football boards and does the exact same thing with equal ignorant fervor, made up scenarios, and name calling. He's a football repug.

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Will a team of Underpants Gnomes sneak into my room tonight and steal my brand new Jockeys?

Will a red-nosed gorilla break into my apartment, steal my dog and start a reality show called "Ape and Dog Get Married?"

Will I drink too much NyQuil tonight and pee my bed, wake up in the morning and blame it on my girlfriend? (obviously yes)

Is my TV sending me secret messages telling me to flip my couch cushions over every ten minutes?

All more pressing questions for me at the moment, Rasta...

Oh, BTW, why the F are all the bans based on Mountain Time.....I think this is biased for the East Coast crowd....I got up and turned my computer on December 25th and waited for 10AM to hit, only to be extremely disappointed when I had to wait ANOTHER TWO HOURS!!!

all for saying I "mile high saluted someone's mom" --- (family reference = 1 week ban)

bowtown
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Will a team of Underpants Gnomes sneak into my room tonight and steal my brand new Jockeys?

Will a red-nosed gorilla break into my apartment, steal my dog and start a reality show called "Ape and Dog Get Married?"

Will I drink too much NyQuil tonight and pee my bed, wake up in the morning and blame it on my girlfriend? (obviously yes)

Is my TV sending me secret messages telling me to flip my couch cushions over every ten minutes?

All more pressing questions for me at the moment, Rasta...

Oh, BTW, why the F are all the bans based on Mountain Time.....I think this is biased for the East Coast crowd....I got up and turned my computer on December 25th and waited for 10AM to hit, only to be extremely disappointed when I had to wait ANOTHER TWO HOURS!!!

all for saying I "mile high saluted someone's mom" --- (family reference = 1 week ban)

Wait, you got banned for that? Wow.

DenverBrit
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Your Nose or your Head? :giggle:

Ok, you're stoned. :puff:

rastaman
12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Ok, you're stoned. :puff:

Well the question was asked whether the world was flat. Your response was ours or yours.

My response was your head or nose flat.....I'm not stoned at all.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Well the question was asked whether the world was flat. Your response was ours or yours.

My response was your head or nose flat.....I'm not stoned at all.

Just stupid. Really, really stupid.

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM

incredibly stupid...I don't know what's worse...Rasta's sense of humor, his football knowledge or his grammar

poll coming

bombay
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
McDaniel's?

Shouldn't you be semi-literate to start threads?

Hulamau
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM

Maybe on Zardoz ......

The reality on planet earth is Josh may very well be capable of becoming a combination of the next Shanny in his prime, Belicheck, Shula and Lombardi all rolled into one ...

But the real question of relevance is this:

In this instant gratification, short attention span, knee-jerk reactionary age of the board 'n blog'o'sphere we live in now, is it even possible we will get an honest chance to find out while he is still our coach?

Or will the likes of Rasta, Lex and Bronco7 continue to grow in number such that they actually can begin to dictate to management when to dump a new head coach simply because he isn't their cup of tea, just from the shear cacophony of their relentless negativity?

The question is not so much 'is Josh capable of greatness', but in this age do we have the intelligence, patience and foresight to benefit from it and let him develop and blossom as a Bronco ... or does Josh wind up proving his skill and establishing his legacy for some other lucky franchise?

Fortunately, I think the odds are in our favor since we have one of the best owners in sports who has proven to have the long view in mind and a steady hand. One who is not easily swayed by numbskullery no matter how rampant it might infest the fan base.

So, hopefully, Pat will be around long enough for Josh to develop this team to the point that the Rasta-like McD-haters of this world start jerkin' off in a Hoodie under the sheets.

Thus, at least as relevant as the questions that started this thread, is the pressing inquiry: 'By which year does Rasta either give up football forecasting and take up knitting ... or submits his first relevant thread on the mane? .... Any takers? :flower:

Happy New Year!

baja
12-30-2009, 10:04 AM

<b>Will McDaniels be the coach of the Denver Broncos for the next 32 seasons?</b>

Well he'd only be 65 years old an age when some head coaches get their first gig.

steeledude
12-30-2009, 10:07 AM

His dog?
His hoodie?
His spacebook account?

His what?

Don't leave us hanging.

It is a complete sentence--why do you have to add anything? If one sentence doesn't explain everything then read the next. "The dog fell out of the tree." Where? Did it fall into space? Through a window? Out of the tree and into the well?

Like I know, just read the thread.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:10 AM

Fair enough! Although you have had your share of insulting other posters on the OM, I say this, if I'm insulted after posting a thread by a fellow OM member(s), you best believe I'll return and Insult right back at the insulter. Even if must do so to 5-12 posters who par-take in this attack dog behavior. I look at as a challenge. :sunshine:

Thank you for opinion.:approve:

Lemme get his straight....Thinking about the worst is a bad thing? Going with the Herd or group think mentality is a healthy way to live and to form opinions?

I couldn't disagree with you more

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
It is a complete sentence--why do you have to add anything? If one sentence doesn't explain everything then read the next. "The dog fell out of the tree." Where? Did it fall into space? Through a window? Out of the tree and into the well?

Like I know, just read the thread.

Ummmm, what?

"Questions about Josh McDaniel's" IS NOT a complete (or properly punctuated) sentence. Wow. Your teachers should all hang themselves.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:14 AM
McDaniel's?

Shouldn't you be semi-literate to start threads?

I don't Mr. anal analysis. Is that one of the requirements to post on the OM? Get back with me on that one....OKAY!

Have a Happy New Year "Bombs-a-way".

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't Mr. anal analysis. Is that one of the requirements to post on the OM? Get back with me on that one....OKAY!

reading your jokes is about as sad as watching your childhood dog get put to sleep...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Lemme get his straight....Thinking about the worst is a bad thing? Going with the Herd or group think mentality is a healthy way to live and to form opinions?

I couldn't disagree with you more

Unable to answer questions. Nice.

Iggy. The fact that you're still here is a tribute to what this board has become: a laughingstock.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Maybe on Zardoz ......

The reality on planet earth is Josh may very well be capable of becoming a combination of the next Shanny in his prime, Belicheck, Shula and Lombardi all rolled into one ...

Sure its a possibility....but I highly doubt it. Remember its only Impossible until someone comes around and proves it is possible.

But the real question of relevance is this:

In this instant gratification, short attention span, knee-jerk reactionary age of the board 'n blog'o'sphere we live in now, is it even possible we will get an honest chance to find out while he is still our coach?

If its in his destiny we will all find out sooner or later. However, those knee-jerk-reactionary bloggers won't decide McD's success nor failure.

Or will the likes of Rasta, Lex and Bronco7 continue to grow in number such that they actually can begin to dictate to management when to dump a new head coach simply because he isn't their cup of tea, just from the shear cacophony of their relentless negativity?

Remember the likes of people like YOU or rasta, lex, or Bronco7 nor the fans can decide McD's success or failure.....its all up to McD. So nice Reach.

The question is not so much 'is Josh capable of greatness', but in this age do we have the intelligence, patience and foresight to benefit from it and let him develop and blossom as a Bronco ... or does Josh wind up proving his skill and establishing his legacy for some other lucky franchise?

Thats solely up to Bowlen on how long McD is allowed to apply his trade, craft and magic as the Broncos HC. Perhaps at some point Bowlen will decide its better to allow McD to go to another lucky franchise to establise his legacy. Bowlen is giving McD a chance right now to establish his legacy as a Bronco HC. Fans won't stop McD from Blossoming...It all falls on McD himself! Nice try however.

Fortunately, I think the odds are in our favor since we have one of the best owners in sports who has proven to have the long view in mind and a steady hand. One who is not easily swayed by numbskullery no matter how rampant it might infest the fan base.

Again......the fans have never been in a position to fire a coach! Its up to the coach whether he succeeds or fails. And of course it doens't hurt to have the owner your corner.

So, hopefully, Pat will be around long enough for Josh to develop this team to the point that the Rasta-like McD-haters of this world start jerkin' off in a Hoodie under the sheets.

Ahh...excuse me, don't you mean Rasta-like-McDoubters vs The McD Circle-Jerk supporters and applogist?

Thus, at least as relevant as the questions that started this thread, is the pressing inquiry: 'By which year does Rasta either give up football forecasting and take up knitting ... or submits his first relevant thread on the mane? .... Any takers? :flower:

At what point will the OM Homer's come to terms with their blind robotic gullibility and hatred to realize not all fans share their tribal-group think mentality and mob rule behavior. Oh well, "Keep-Hope-Alive"!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year.......Hulamau :sunshine:

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM

reading your jokes is about as sad as watching your childhood dog get put to sleep...

I hate dogs and cats.....next!

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Unable to answer questions. Nice.

Iggy. The fact that you're still here is a tribute to what this board has become: a laughingstock.

Oh how conservative of you. I guess you never played well with others at recess....did ya!

I like how you try to steer questions to be answered to your liking. Has anyone ever told you that you have Control Freak Tendencies?:~ohyah!:

~Crash~
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM
what ?

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM

You're entitled to your opinion(s). Stop taking yourself so seriously....why don'tcha.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:44 AM
what ?

ThatOneDenverMooseGuy is a laughing stock?

baja
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
ThatOneDenverMooseGuy is a laughing stock?

Some say you have won that title going away.... ;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
rastaman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7925) This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

55CrushEm
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
incredibly stupid...I don't know what's worse...Rasta's sense of humor, his football knowledge or his grammar
poll coming

And didn't someone say this guy is in his 50's? Kind of sad, really.......

baja
12-30-2009, 10:52 AM
I like rastaman

baja
12-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Now Broncofan7, that's a different story,

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Rasta, you should be in a better position to answer all of these, since you have some kind of mind reading ability with Josh.

Or does that only work on matters regarding Hillis?

Josh asked me not to reveal any of these answers right now. Besides its way to early.

As for Hillis....again, only Josh knows. Perhaps in his tell all bio Josh will finally come clean.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
rastaman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7925) This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You're on ignore as well.:wave:

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
The immediate future questions regarding Josh McNuggets are; will he ever get over his pride and play the best players available..not the ones that he thinks proves some point?! Will he get his head out of his ass and stop being so retardedly conservative..bag this dink and dunk crap and make D's pay the whole field!??
Will Orton get the exit slip and develop Brandstater through the whole Off-season or Draft a top QB rookie that has mobility and a strong arm so we can use out multiple threads on offense to their potential!??
I'd like to start the speculation there thank you..lol!

Rabb
12-30-2009, 12:42 PM
The immediate future questions regarding Josh McNuggets is will he ever get over his pride and play the best players available..not the ones that he thinks proves some point?! Will he get his head out of his ass and stop being so retardedly conservative..bag this dink and dunk crap and make D's pay the whole field!??
Will Orton get the exit slip and develop Brandstater through the whole Off-season or Draft a top QB rookie that has mobility and a strong arm so we can use out multiple threads on offense to their potential!??

I am not kidding, bravo on that one

Possibly the worst sentence I have ever seen about anything.

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
I am not kidding, bravo on that one

Possibly the worst sentence I have ever seen about anything.

Really? How sad it is to be so angry and anal that you can't find anything football to say so you have to try to pick apart grammer and syntax to make yourself feel better! Too bad Santa didn't bring you a life...or a thought!

Archer81
12-30-2009, 12:58 PM
The immediate future questions regarding Josh McNuggets are; will he ever get over his pride and play the best players available..not the ones that he thinks proves some point?! Will he get his head out of his ass and stop being so retardedly conservative..bag this dink and dunk crap and make D's pay the whole field!??

Can you actually prove McDaniels is purposely starting inferior players or is this just a rasta like matter of opinion equaling fact? Or was this a lame attempt by you to make a funny?

:Broncos:

Rabb
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Really? How sad it is to be so angry and anal that you can't find anything football to say so you have to try to pick apart grammer and syntax to make yourself feel better! Too bad Santa didn't bring you a life...or a thought!

It's grammar

and I am sorry, I won't ever to be able to find anything football more better than you can, what with your impressive resume and all

Archer81
12-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Rasta,

You do hate McDaniels. You want him to fail. Its obvious by you bitching about Cutler, Hillis and Marshall. These threads started by you are a form of mental masturbation designed for you to attack people with differing opinions from your own. All of your "impartial" questions are juvenile and speak more to your massive inability to just let it go. We get it. You dont like McDaniels.

Also, its not being a "fan" or "outside the box" being a negative P.O.S. all the time.

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Can you actually prove McDaniels is purposely starting inferior players or is this just a rasta like matter of opinion equaling fact? Or was this a lame attempt by you to make a funny?

Example: Hillis passed over for Jordan, Williams cut for that hasbeen Try Flaw! Gaffney not Royal?! And we can count not calling the biggest fastest TE in the game Sheffler's number more than once every few games...shall I go on? See the other following quandries for follow-up ;)

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
It's grammar

and I am sorry, I won't ever to be able to find anything football more better than you can, what with your impressive resume and all

And you are right..your resume' will never equal mine..what wih my two years of college experience and my AAAAAA Minor league indoor football years and my coaching Pop Warner one year! How can ANYBODY compete with that kind of experience? Hilarious!:~ohyah!:

baja
12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
It's grammar

"More better" ???

Archer81
12-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Example: Hillis passed over for Jordan, Williams cut for that hasbeen Try Flaw! Gaffney not Royal?! And we can count not calling the biggest fastest TE in the game Sheffler's number more than once every few games...shall I go on? See the other following quandries for follow-up ;)

Hillis played against Philly. He got 1 carry for half a yard. On 3rd and 1. I can see your point though how Jordan (former 1000 yard rusher) is an inferior player to a backup fullback...

Ty Law is a former All-Pro who came in to play the nickel because JMFW couldnt get it done, got cut, wound up in detroit and is now on IR.

Sheffler is not a better blocker then Graham, and until he is at least even with Graham, will not be our starting TE. As a 2nd TE he has done quite well. So your complaint about McDaniels not making a 2nd string TE more of a focal point in the passing game is moot, and realistically you should ask why Orton is not seeing Sheff open more often if he is the "biggest, fastest" TE in the game.

The rest of the nonsense you posted is not worth more then a cursory read and a Nelson HA HA.

Rabb
12-30-2009, 01:16 PM
"More better" ???

it was a joke, to illustrate my point

rastaman
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Haven't you heard! McRabb has been selected as the resident OM "Spell-Checking-Grammar Hoe"! ROFL!

This job are strong: for Homers only.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 03:25 PM
it was a joke, to illustrate my point

Its Moe-Betta!:P

rastaman
12-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Rasta,

You do hate McDaniels. You want him to fail. Its obvious by you b****ing about Cutler, Hillis and Marshall. These threads started by you are a form of mental masturbation designed for you to attack people with differing opinions from your own. All of your "impartial" questions are juvenile and speak more to your massive inability to just let it go. We get it. You dont like McDaniels.

Also, its not being a "fan" or "outside the box" being a negative P.O.S. all the time.

#81....why do you always need to inject some form of sexual innuendo whenever your robotic gullible Homer pride is hurt or insulted. Seriously dude you've got issues. Try surfing a porn site every now and then and work on your hand-eye coordination to release some tension. Hows that for mental hands on masturbation. It might even clear up your complexion.

Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall and probable eventually Royal will all be successful NFL players, they may not experience that success under McD as the Bronco HC as we've seen with Cutler. But nonetheless these players will be fine in the long run.

I don't hate McD, I'm not sure about him and I question his motives and decisions. I'm not a wait and see Homer like you and your ILK but I will assess how McD is coming along and progressing as a 30 something year old HC.. McD has 4-6 years to impress myself & Bowlen and at least I'm giving him a chance to show what he can do. Besides Bowlen told me I have no other choice!;D

Archer81
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
#81....why do you always need to inject some form of sexual innuendo whenever your robotic gullible Homer pride is hurt or insulted. Seriously dude you've got issues. Try surfing a porn site every now and then and work on your hand-eye coordination to release some tension. Hows that for mental hands on masturbation. It might even clear up your complexion.

Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall and probable eventually Royal will all be successful NFL players, they may not experience that success under McD as the Bronco HC as we've seen with Cutler. But nonetheless these players will be fine in the long run.

I don't hate McD, I'm not sure about him and I question his motives and decisions. I'm not a wait and see Homer like you and your ILK but I will assess how McD is coming along and progressing as a 30 something year old HC.. McD has 4-6 years to impress myself & Bowlen and at least I'm giving him a chance to show what he can do. Besides Bowlen told me I have no other choice!;D

Sexual innuendo? WTF are you babbling about? Do you have any idea what mental masturbation is? It gratifies you to have people respond to your idiocy. It has nothing to do with sex. Then you launch into some dumb**** rant about me needing to go get some. Way to respond to a post calling you out on your ****tardedness.

You do hate McDaniels. You oddly have taken the opposite side of every debate involving players and the current coaching staff. Its never the player in your eyes, its always the coach. Do you ever consider that MAYBE Sheffler, Cutler, Marshall and Hillis have created their own problems? Marshall himself has said McDaniels telling him no was the best thing to happen to him. He responded with his 3rd straight 100 catch season and 2nd consecutive probowl. Sheffler is a backup. Which is exactly what he was with Shanahan. His numbers are nearly indentical to last years. Cutler has regressed, leads the NFL in horrible decisions and believes himself to be above the team. I know how you hate facts, but how can you ignore that? Right now, the best 53 guys are playing.

Your takes, much like you, are just silly. You project YOUR opinion into players and coaches you dont know personally, and base your takes on this flawed premise. Then you try to play it off with tongue-in-cheek cutie pie bull**** like its all some joke when you are completely serious.

rastaman
12-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Sexual innuendo? WTF are you babbling about? Do you have any idea what mental masturbation is? It gratifies you to have people respond to your idiocy. It has nothing to do with sex. Then you launch into some dumb**** rant about me needing to go get some. Way to respond to a post calling you out on your ****tardedness.

Okay Chuckle Nutzs here's what said in complete context:

Rasta,

You do hate McDaniels. You want him to fail. Its obvious by you b****ing about Cutler, Hillis and Marshall. These threads started by you are a form of mental masturbation designed for you to attack people with differing opinions from your own. All of your "impartial" questions are juvenile and speak more to your massive inability to just let it go. We get it. You dont like McDaniels. Also, its not being a "fan" or "outside the box" being a negative P.O.S. all the time. :Broncos:

Why did "Mental Masturbation" come into your compromised mind? Was it Freudian slip? The word Masturbation is seldom used outside the innuendo of SEX. But I digress. You'e trying to prove you're the smartest guy in the room while insulting someones opinion thru the use of the word "Masturbation". You're pretty SLICK. But next time just say what you mean w/o the inuendo of masturbation okay Mental Nerd. Another point Dong Sucker....do you really think I give a Fly F*#k what a self-righteous punk like you deems as idiocy! When in fact all you're giving is your god dam OPINION.

Sorry I can't stimulate your Dumb ass with just an opinion due to your endless Homerism Masturbation fanship you display. Have a nice day you "Mental Masturbator"! ROFL!

You do hate McDaniels. You oddly have taken the opposite side of every debate involving players and the current coaching staff. Its never the player in your eyes, its always the coach. Do you ever consider that MAYBE Sheffler, Cutler, Marshall and Hillis have created their own problems?

Ummmmm....NO I don't hate McD for the umptenth time! Why do control freak idiots like you believe EVERYONE should be on the same page when it comes to McD? Where's the diversity of opinion you Nim Rod?

Do you ever stop to think that HC can be wrong? They're only HC's they aren't Gods or rulers of the universe. At least you know where I stand! Until the HC can prove otherwise, I'll more than likely support the player(s) especially if they are talented enough to add value to the team.

Now I can't help it if the HC wants to politicize and play mind games with the his players...thats a coaches decision. However, I do know the games are won or lost on the Field. During the regular season Games aren't won or lost in PRACTICE, especially in Nov/Dec. Its too late to use the excuses of depth chart, good or bad practice etc. All that drama should have been solved back in training camp.

I just want to see talented players on the field. I'm not interested in a coaches ability to mind-f*#K his players to molding them into his image. We are talking about grown men afterall. Perhaps its McD that needs to grow up.

Marshall himself has said McDaniels telling him no was the best thing to happen to him. He responded with his 3rd straight 100 catch season and 2nd consecutive probowl. Sheffler is a backup. Which is exactly what he was with Shanahan. His numbers are nearly indentical to last years. Cutler has regressed, leads the NFL in horrible decisions and believes himself to be above the team. I know how you hate facts, but how can you ignore that? Right now, the best 53 guys are playing.

I hope you're right about BMarsh-McD and their relationship. Lets hope Brandon doesn't have to find out the hard way that he maybe dealing with a Slickster in McD! I guess we will all see this off season if Brandon believes in what McD has told him thus far when it comes to contract extenion tme.
As for Scheffler, he simply doesn't fit McD's offensive system/scheme. So its probably best he moves on as soon as possible vs rotting on the sidelines under McD. Yes, Cutler has regressed with his new team, new system and with new players for 2009. However that isn't to say that Cutler can't improve and cut out the mistakes of forcing throws and throwing interceptions. His upside potential is still immense.

Your takes, much like you, are just silly. You project YOUR opinion into players and coaches you dont know personally, and base your takes on this flawed premise. Then you try to play it off with tongue-in-cheek cutie pie bull**** like its all some joke when you are completely serious.:Broncos:

So are you telling me you know McD personally? Are you claiming McD confides in you with his issues concerning Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, and Marshall? And therefore, it give you Cart Balanche to form you opinion/beliefs? Why you blindly give McD the benefit of the doubt is laugale at best....but hey, you believe what you wanna believe and I'll do likewise.

DenverBrit
12-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Rasta, you really enjoy typing......too much!! ;D

Bronco Warrior
12-30-2009, 09:30 PM
For the record Sheffler is not as bad a blocker as the Joshie lovers would have you believe and ten times faster and more athletic, a bigger recieving threat especially deep. Saying you should start Graham over Sheff is like saying we should have started Carswell or Chamberlain over Sharpe cause they were better blockers! Stupid as usual! Learn something about the game! D. Clark, Gates, Gonzalos, SHARPE, Winslow sr, Witten etc couldn't block an angry 5th grader! And Oh Wait..they have had great careers! And the fact that Sheffler came in with the most TE catches since 06- to the start of 09 and the best per catch yardage. No reason to give the guy the ball right?

As for Hillis vs Jordan. Jordan has had 1 1,000 yard season EVER and was too ****ty for the raiders AND the Cheatriots! He is over the hill and never had much of an upside! Hillis has proven he is a punishing runner and a good change of pace! Again Failed in a bucket of idiocy!

rastaman
12-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Rasta, you really enjoy typing......too much!! ;D

My brain hurts, I giveup. sirhcyennek81 has won.;)

I sleep now to fight another day.

Archer81
12-30-2009, 11:18 PM
So are you telling me you know McD personally? Are you claiming McD confides in you with his issues concerning Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, and Marshall? And therefore, it give you Cart Balanche to form you opinion/beliefs? Why you blindly give McD the benefit of the doubt is laugale at best....but hey, you believe what you wanna believe and I'll do likewise.

LOL

You are too ****ing retarded to live.

Archer81
12-30-2009, 11:27 PM
For the record Sheffler is not as bad a blocker as the Joshie lovers would have you believe and ten times faster and more athletic, a bigger recieving threat especially deep. Saying you should start Graham over Sheff is like saying we should have started Carswell or Chamberlain over Sharpe cause they were better blockers! Stupid as usual! Learn something about the game! D. Clark, Gates, Gonzalos, SHARPE, Winslow sr, Witten etc couldn't block an angry 5th grader! And Oh Wait..they have had great careers! And the fact that Sheffler came in with the most TE catches since 06- to the start of 09 and the best per catch yardage. No reason to give the guy the ball right?

As for Hillis vs Jordan. Jordan has had 1 1,000 yard season EVER and was too ****ty for the raiders AND the Cheatriots! He is over the hill and never had much of an upside! Hillis has proven he is a punishing runner and a good change of pace! Again Failed in a bucket of idiocy!

Did your one on ones with Lombardi convince you of this or did you come up with it while playing NFL Arcade?

Also, if you are going to throw out some bull**** like Sheffler leads all tight ends from 06 to the start of 09 in catches and ypc, you should qualify that for the Broncos specifically, otherwise less conscientious posters than myself might rip you another one for yet another grammatical gaffe. Considering your standing as a Poet Laureate and all.

steeledude
12-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Ummmm, what?

"Questions about Josh McDaniel's" IS NOT a complete (or properly punctuated) sentence. Wow. Your teachers should all hang themselves.

I am an English teacher, and I meant complete phrase. It clearly does not own a predicate, but that doesn't matter, a phrase is all you need for a title. Come on, this is 8th grade stuff.

Archer81
12-31-2009, 12:49 AM
I am an English teacher, and I meant complete phrase. It clearly does not own a predicate, but that doesn't matter, a phrase is all you need for a title. Come on, this is 8th grade stuff.

If McDaniels last name was McDaniel, then the title would be correct. It just does not read well because of a poorly placed apostrophe.

Of course, I'm not an English teacher.

steeledude
12-31-2009, 12:53 AM
If McDaniels last name was McDaniel, then the title would be correct. It just does not read well because of a poorly placed apostrophe.

Of course, I'm not an English teacher.

I didn't get the sense he was complaining about an apostrophe, but more the lack of an object to the subject. Apostrophes are definitely one of the most messed up things I come across, I didn't even notice.

Possessive versus plural versus contraction really can mess with otherwise good writers.

Edit: But having gone back, yes I can see how that apostrophe placement gives confusion. I think I've read so many papers with poor grammar mechanics that I'm able to infer the meaning more often than not.

Archer81
12-31-2009, 12:59 AM
I didn't get the sense he was complaining about an apostrophe, but more the lack of an object to the subject. Apostrophes are definitely one of the most messed up things I come across, I didn't even notice.

Possessive versus plural versus contraction really can mess with otherwise good writers.

Edit: But having gone back, yes I can see how that apostrophe placement gives confusion. I think I've read so many papers with poor grammar mechanics that I'm able to infer the meaning more often than not.

I just finished an English comp class this past semester. Its still relatively fresh in my head.

Hulamau
12-31-2009, 01:24 AM
At what point will the OM Homer's come to terms with their blind robotic gullibility and hatred to realize not all fans share their tribal-group think mentality and mob rule behavior. Oh well, "Keep-Hope-Alive"! Happy New Year.......Hulamau :sunshine:

I don't see too many 'blind robotic homers' who cant and don't acknowledge the many shortcomings this team has, including Josh's mistakes while also appreciating the many positives.

The 'Blind and Robotic' label is better suited most notably for the small, alternately amusing and irritating 'NBN' club ... 'Nothing But Numb-skulls' .... headed by the current president and worse offender by far ... Broncofan7 , who can't discuss rationally some of the many good things Josh has brought to this team and at least show balance as well when discussing the genuine shortcomings and mistakes both the players and Josh have made.

I have zero problem at all with anyone who questions Josh or critiques the team on merit, as long as they are able to also acknowledge the many positives as well. A few of you guys though seem infected with a seriously chronic case of 'Automatic Negative Perception' when it comes to anything Broncos .. and I wouldn't be surprised if that includes other areas of life as well.

What I don't appreciate is the excessive 'constant' cynicism and negativity from a handful of guys with an agenda and vendetta against the coach. they have maintained since day one. Though a bit more reserved during and after the win streak.

Josh has make mistakes of course, and no doubt will continue to, and at 33 who among you didn't expect a few growing pains and missteps along the way? But he brings so many positives to the table as well and deserves the chance and support of not only Bowlen and the team, but the fans as well for at least for a couple of years until he can finish rebuilding this team and going through his own development as a first time coach.

One thing that was clear when Bowlen took the bold step of hiring such a young guy was that for whatever positives he would bring, no doubt there would be a steeper learning curve than for someone like Bill Cowher.

Bowlen knew that as well, but took the shot on the brightest young mind in the game knowing that if Josh could weather the first couple years he might have another 15 year or more elite coach on his hands delivering consistently competitive team year in and year out for all of our enjoyment.

I've questioned Josh on a number of moves and decisions and didn't agree with the almost fixated attempts to run Moreno between tackle and guard on 3rd or 4th and short so often.

I wonder as well if he will find it wiser to cede in-game play calling as time goes by to a real OC? ... His task as HC is just so broad now and I'm not sure the play-calling didn't take a hit at times because of it?

I question too the wisdom of using this hybrid Oline blocking scheme as much as they did this year when most of our players were better suited from zone blocking. And a number of other questionable decisions.

Bringing in Berger has been a bit of a bust as well even though his net yards wasn't as bad as Kern, he killed us on too many FUBAR punts at the wrong time.

The point is, you have to allow the guy to find his way and at that age .. really any age for a first time coach ... you're going to have such a learning curve.

But Josh is a very bright guy, and he more than anyone on this team has no doubt learned the most from this first year. He didn't rise as far and fast as he has by being a stubborn moron lacking any flexibility, adaptation and ability to learn from mistakes and improve.

That's the risk with a first timer, specially one so young, but the reward if you hit on the right young guy is enormous, and nothing so far in the list of possible missteps his first year indicates he cant and wont become something truly special in the next few years ahead.

Time will tell, and maybe it doesn't work, but a few of you guys are so hell bent determined to drive the guy into the ground with such a stream of vitriol and condescension on nearly anything Broncos, and it's gotten really old a long time ago.

For a New Years Resolution Rasta, how about considering this ... For every pot-shot tear-down thread against McD you post, write another highlighting some of the positives you've seen from his first year as well?

Try that for a change and perhaps you'll find you are no longer a charter member of the sad and shrill 'NBN club'.

Regardless all the Best in 2010!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2009, 04:42 AM

I think he might have been sticking it to him. Maybe. Possible.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2009, 04:43 AM
I don't see too many 'blind robotic homers' who cant and don't acknowledge the many shortcomings this team has, including Josh's mistakes while also appreciating the many positives.

The 'Blind and Robotic' label is better suited most notably for the small, alternately amusing and irritating 'NBN' club ... 'Nothing But Numb-skulls' .... headed by the current president and worse offender by far ... Broncofan7 , who can't discuss rationally some of the many good things Josh has brought to this team and at least show balance as well when discussing the genuine shortcomings and mistakes both the players and Josh have made.

I have zero problem at all with anyone who questions Josh or critiques the team on merit, as long as they are able to also acknowledge the many positives as well. A few of you guys though seem infected with a seriously chronic case of 'Automatic Negative Perception' when it comes to anything Broncos .. and I wouldn't be surprised if that includes other areas of life as well.

What I don't appreciate is the excessive 'constant' cynicism and negativity from a handful of guys with an agenda and vendetta against the coach. they have maintained since day one. Though a bit more reserved during and after the win streak.

Josh has make mistakes of course, and no doubt will continue to, and at 33 who among you didn't expect a few growing pains and missteps along the way? But he brings so many positives to the table as well and deserves the chance and support of not only Bowlen and the team, but the fans as well for at least for a couple of years until he can finish rebuilding this team and going through his own development as a first time coach.

One thing that was clear when Bowlen took the bold step of hiring such a young guy was that for whatever positives he would bring, no doubt there would be a steeper learning curve than for someone like Bill Cowher.

Bowlen knew that as well, but took the shot on the brightest young mind in the game knowing that if Josh could weather the first couple years he might have another 15 year or more elite coach on his hands delivering consistently competitive team year in and year out for all of our enjoyment.

I've questioned Josh on a number of moves and decisions and didn't agree with the almost fixated attempts to run Moreno between tackle and guard on 3rd or 4th and short so often.

I wonder as well if he will find it wiser to cede in-game play calling as time goes by to a real OC? ... His task as HC is just so broad now and I'm not sure the play-calling didn't take a hit at times because of it?

I question too the wisdom of using this hybrid Oline blocking scheme as much as they did this year when most of our players were better suited from zone blocking. And a number of other questionable decisions.

Bringing in Berger has been a bit of a bust as well even though his net yards wasn't as bad as Kern, he killed us on too many FUBAR punts at the wrong time.

The point is, you have to allow the guy to find his way and at that age .. really any age for a first time coach ... you're going to have such a learning curve.

But Josh is a very bright guy, and he more than anyone on this team has no doubt learned the most from this first year. He didn't rise as far and fast as he has by being a stubborn moron lacking any flexibility, adaptation and ability to learn from mistakes and improve.

That's the risk with a first timer, specially one so young, but the reward if you hit on the right young guy is enormous, and nothing so far in the list of possible missteps his first year indicates he cant and wont become something truly special in the next few years ahead.

Time will tell, and maybe it doesn't work, but a few of you guys are so hell bent determined to drive the guy into the ground with such a stream of vitriol and condescension on nearly anything Broncos, and it's gotten really old a long time ago.

For a New Years Resolution Rasta, how about considering this ... For every pot-shot tear-down thread against McD you post, write another highlighting some of the positives you've seen from his first year as well?

Try that for a change and perhaps you'll find you are no longer a charter member of the sad and shrill 'NBN club'.

HOt damn, that's a good post. Rep.

watermock
12-31-2009, 05:28 AM
Is anyone going to publish this?

It'd be kinda fun if Taco sorted thru some of it.

I consider it very transitory.

Cito Pelon
12-31-2009, 08:29 AM

That's a good point, and it irritates me no end still that Shanny happily agreed to work for Al Davis as the RAIDER HC. Shanny, who was brought into the NFL by Reeves and promoted through the ranks to be his right-hand man, defects to the stinking RAIDERS when Al Davis waves some money and power under Shanahan's treacherous nose.

As for McD, he's done a fair job this year and I think the future is bright. He can handle the organizational tasks of an HC, is a good leader, is respected by the players and the fans.

Certainly McD has to prove he can help build a more consistent team, but I think the future is bright.

Bronco Warrior
12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
People criticise punctuation and spelling when they have nothing more relevant or insightful to say! You can always spot them! ;)

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2009, 03:27 PM

Why ask when you already know the answers? :puff:

Archer81
12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
People criticise punctuation and spelling when they have nothing more relevant or insightful to say! You can always spot them! ;)

Or because the argument has become cyclical and boring, with neither side giving anything. Generally that happens when you have people with facts on one side and people basing their takes on personal opinion on the other.

And its criticize. Welcome to America.

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Or because the argument has become cyclical and boring, with neither side giving anything. Generally that happens when you have people with facts on one side and people basing their takes on personal opinion on the other.

And its criticize. Welcome to America.

Wow! Caught another Typo! Impressive! did the mis-type prevent you from understanding the intended meaning? Was it used incorrectly in the context of the sentance? I can see why you have such a problem staying on topic and actually having a football conversation lol!

Popps
01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow! Caught another Typo! Impressive! did the mis-type prevent you from understanding the intended meaning?

No, ill-conceived, misinformed posts probably did.

Weren't you the guy who told us that Scheffler was the most productive TE in football over the last three seasons?

rastaman
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL

You are too ****ing retarded to live.

You should have been ABORTED! ;)

Archer81
01-01-2010, 12:41 PM
You should have been ABORTED! ;)

Ooh...good comeback. Think hard on that one, did ya?

Archer81
01-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow! Caught another Typo! Impressive! did the mis-type prevent you from understanding the intended meaning? Was it used incorrectly in the context of the sentance? I can see why you have such a problem staying on topic and actually having a football conversation lol!

Well obviously people ragging on you has corrected your spelling errors.

If you had something intelligent to say in regards to football, then I would respond in a manner than would be football related. Considering you have the football/real life IQ of a sea cucumber, why bother?

Long live butt-rock!

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM

So his only positive is his potential? You summed up all the negatives very well but I didn't catch what Josh has done well this year.

I agree he needs to get a traditional HC in to call plays.

Not trying to be too negative but I couldn't find any positives about McDaniels in your post other than his potential IF it ever hits big.

Please correct me if I am wrong and misread your post.

rugbythug
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
So his only positive is his potential? You summed up all the negatives very well but I didn't catch what Josh has done well this year.

I agree he needs to get a traditional HC in to call plays.

Not trying to be too negative but I couldn't find any positives about McDaniels in your post other than his potential IF it ever hits big.

Please correct me if I am wrong and misread your post.

Other than Restock the Defense I would agree. He did hit on nearly every Free Agent Signing. He did bring in more talent on Defense in One season Than Shanny had in the last 8.

He has Produced more wins than most first year head coaches. And that includes shanny.

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Other than Restock the Defense I would agree. He did hit on nearly every Free Agent Signing. He did bring in more talent on Defense in One season Than Shanny had in the last 8.

He has Produced more wins than most first year head coaches. And that includes shanny.

Even Jim Zorn put up 8 wins in his 1st year. Shanny went 8-8 Sunday's game is not a given after losing to the Raiders at home with the playoffs on the line. If I remember that year he didn't have a 4 game slide, he didn't have a 6 game win streak either but they were alot closer to winning 13 games than this team is. Shanny's 1st year they were a lot more consistent than McDaniels has been this year and they were a couple good FA's and 2 good drafts from being dominat.

Here is to hoping that McDaniels has as good a run as Shanny did or better. It will be harder for McD because he has to get more skill players especially if they run off Marshall.