PDA

View Full Version : if houston wins, bengals will play as a must win game

tsiguy96
12-29-2009, 10:20 PM
just an fyi, we need to cheer kubiak on like no other. that game can singlehandedly get us in. bengals >>> jets, as long as palmer can show up. if new england wins, bengals will probably rest starters. this is our best way of getting in playoffs i believe...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/12/29/2009-12-29_how_much_will_bengals_rest_starters.html

supermanhr9
12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
interesting

misturanderson
12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Well we already wanted them to win to eliminate all of the head-to-head tiebreakers, so that shouldn't be a problem.

UberBroncoMan
12-30-2009, 01:13 AM
This game is the most important for the reason stated above alone... a Houston win + Bengals win ='s playoffs (if we beat the Chiefs).

... and if Houston loses I'd be shocked to see the Bengals win, which means unless Oakland pulls a miracle vs Baltimore, we're ****ed.

tsiguy96
12-30-2009, 01:16 AM
btw, just so you know how badly the colts screwed us, not only did they keep jets in playoff contention, they made it so the jets vs bengals game is a primetime game and thus the bengals can wait and see what the other teams do before deciding whether to play full speed. otherwise jets wuld HAVE to and just hope the other teams can.

bpc
12-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Colts didn't screw us. We screwed ourselves.

Your theory insinuates that the Colts threw the game however if we had A. Beat the Redskins, B. Beat the Colts, or C. Beat the Raiders at home, this is all irrelevant.

The only team that screwed the Broncos, was themselves. Just drop it and stop talking about it.

Indy is playing for super bowls. We're arguing about peanuts within their schedule. It's pretty much the most pathetic thing i've seen this year.

tsiguy96
12-30-2009, 01:27 AM

Your theory insinuates that the Colts threw the game however if we had A. Beat the Redskins, B. Beat the Colts, or C. Beat the Raiders at home, this is all irrelevant.

The only team that screwed the Broncos, was themselves. Just drop it and stop talking about it.

Indy is playing for super bowls. We're arguing about peanuts within their schedule. It's pretty much the most pathetic thing i've seen this year.

we get it you ****ing baby, get the **** out of here, we all understand better than you how this season has gone so far as we havent emotionally attached ourselves to ridiculous unfounded hatred to the new coach or QB. i hope to hell that you root for the skins next year so we dont have to see you here anymore.

Taco John
12-30-2009, 01:33 AM
We need to beat the Chiefs.

tsiguy96
12-30-2009, 01:35 AM
We need to beat the Chiefs.

this is in fact a very good start to making the playoffs....

Orange4Life
12-30-2009, 02:04 AM

Good hell, just an FYI the whole nation is talking about it not just Bronco fans. Indy might be playing for super bowls but they are chicken **** when it comes to history.

oubronco
12-30-2009, 08:08 AM
We beat the Queefs and if it's meant to be then we will be in, if not then it has been a fun year to watch some Broncos football and I'm pretty damn excited about the future

Hogan11
12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm afraid depending upon a Bungholes team that lucked it's way into winning the North and is just happy being there to take out a D as stong as the Jets is hoping for too much.

They'll follow the Indy example and roll over. Doing so using the game to gain some insight into the schemes of the Jets. I hope I'm wrong because I would like nothing better than to have Denver make the playoffs and face them in the post season.

broncofan7
12-30-2009, 09:16 AM
We beat the Queefs and if it's meant to be then we will be in, if not then it has been a fun year to watch some Broncos football and I'm pretty damn excited about the future

Excited about our future?

finishing this season with at best THREE wins our last 10 games and the strength of our Team is a defensive secondary where all of the starters are in their early 30's...........

you sound rational.

tsiguy96
12-30-2009, 09:17 AM

finishing this season with at best THREE wins our last 10 games and the strength of our Team is a defensive secondary where all of the starters are in their early 30's...........

you sound rational.

beep

tsiguy96
12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm afraid depending upon a Bungholes team that lucked it's way into winning the North and is just happy being there to take out a D as stong as the Jets is hoping for too much.

They'll follow the Indy example and roll over. Doing so using the game to gain some insight into the schemes of the Jets. I hope I'm wrong because I would like nothing better than to have Denver make the playoffs and face them in the post season.

its kinda crazy how much you hate the bengals. you dont "luck" your way into sweeping the ravens and steelers. they are a good team whether you want to admit it or not. maybe not elite, but very good.

Fusionfrontman
12-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Who cares if our secondary are in their 30's... if they are good they are good. You think The Colts are complaining because Manning is in his early 30's?!?

Paladin
12-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Does anyone here seriously believe that the Texans are going to beat the Pats? Do you believe the Pats will actually raise a sweat in the game? Schaub has been good, and Johnson can run, but c'mon, get serious.....

The Broncos will probably be 9-7. I am happy with that.

broncofan7
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Who cares if our secondary are in their 30's... if they are good they are good. You think The Colts are complaining because Manning is in his early 30's?!?

You don't KNOW football very well do you?...

broncofan7
12-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Does anyone here seriously believe that the Texans are going to beat the Pats? Do you believe the Pats will actually raise a sweat in the game? Schaub has been good, and Johnson can run, but c'mon, get serious.....

The Broncos will probably be 9-7. I am happy with that.

The Pats have won ONE GAME on the road all season--AT BUFFALO (they also beat Tampa at a neutral site game) and houston plays well at home...Yes houston will win Sunday.

Hogan11
12-30-2009, 09:27 AM
its kinda crazy how much you hate the bengals. you dont "luck" your way into sweeping the ravens and steelers. they are a good team whether you want to admit it or not. maybe not elite, but very good.

Check the scores....all the divisional games were close and could've gone either way. A couple were last second victories, IOW, luck.

boltaneer
12-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Even if Houston wins, the Bengals best strategy might be to rest their starters and go vanilla against a Jets team that must go all out to win this week and then beat them at home in the Wild Card round.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
You don't KNOW football very well do you?...

Neither do you if you think Bailey, Goodman, and Hill are old for DBs.

Hogan11
12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
The Pats have won ONE GAME on the road all season--AT BUFFALO (they also beat Tampa at a neutral site game) and houston plays well at home...Yes houston will win Sunday.

They nearly dropped that Buffalo game as well, barely escaped with the W.

They'll also pull the starters, so yeah....smart $$$ is on Houston

Hogan11
12-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Even if Houston wins, the Bengals best strategy might be to rest their starters and go vanilla against a Jets team that must go all out to win this week and then beat them at home in the Wild Card round.

The Jets will win that game as well if they get in.

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
They nearly dropped that Buffalo game as well, barely escaped with the W.

They'll also pull the starters, so yeah....smart $$$ is on NE

But then they shut out and put 59 on Tennessee, destroy the Jags last week, etc.

Tough to make a prediction on this, but go Texans!

Hogan11
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
But then they shut out and put 59 on Tennessee, destroy the Jags last week, etc.

Tough to make a prediction on this, but go Texans!

I put NE down by mistake, smart $$$ is on Houston due to NE being already somewhat weak and the probable pulling of their starters.

Thanks for calling me on that.

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I put NE down by mistake, smart $$$ is on Houston due to NE being already somewhat weak and the probable pulling of their starters.

Thanks for calling me on that.

why would NE pull their starters?

they are playing for the 3 seed and Belicheck is NOT confident in his team right now...they are starting to hit their stride and he will play them the whole game...we are screwed

Broncoman13
12-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Good hell, just an FYI the whole nation is talking about it not just Bronco fans. Indy might be playing for super bowls but they are chicken **** when it comes to history.

Indy should feel ashamed. They had an obligation to the NFL to at least put forth the effort. Even if they win the SB this year there will be questions as to whether or not they could have gone undefeated... then if they lose peeps will point to the Jets game as the turning point. They really did screw themselves and if I were Goodell, I'd let them know that by throwing that game they cost the league millions of viewers that aren't interested in football but rather a good story such as the first 19-0 season in history. I hope this haunts the Colts for years to come. Manning, Wayne, Clark, and that entire team deserved a shot and a few non-players stole that from them. Shiatty.

Broncoman13
12-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Regarding the Texans vs the Pats... The Texans passing defense doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy for this game. The fact that the Texans give up a lot of late comebacks and Tom Brady is playing gives me more of a cold and prickly.

boltaneer
12-30-2009, 10:04 AM
The Jets will win that game as well if they get in.

The Jets have a great defense but the Bengals defense is pretty good as well.

Both teams can run the ball well. And while I think the Bengals offense (and their team in general) is overrated, I'd have to roll with Palmer over Sanchez, playing at home.

The Jets just aren't a playoff caliber team. They're going to be giftwrapped a playoff spot. Give Sanchez a year or two and I think they can be a very dangerous team though.

baja
12-30-2009, 10:57 AM

We also beat three division winners (NE, SD, & Cinci) and gave two others a good run for their money (Colts & Eagles) To make this conversation relevant.

So is your glass half full or half empty Chris.

Old Dude
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I'd probably be pulling for Kubiak's team in any event, but I guess it's nice to know that it could have positive consequences for the Broncos.

I'm still not going to get my hopes up too high and mostly want to see Denver sweep the Chiefs.

Worst possible scenario is that the other games play out in a positive way for Denver - but then we blow it yet again with a loss to KC.

Yick.

Dagmar
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
May Bill Belli will do us a favor and rest his starters too?

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd probably be pulling for Kubiak's team in any event, but I guess it's nice to know that it could have positive consequences for the Broncos.

I'm still not going to get my hopes up too high and mostly want to see Denver sweep the Chiefs.

Worst possible scenario is that the other games play out in a positive way for Denver - but then we blow it yet again with a loss to KC.

Yick.

wow...that would be heart-wrenching

don't know if I could handle watching the Bengals upset the Jets that night if the Broncos lose...probably won't have to because I would be passed out on my floor at that point from drinking myself half to death

Dagmar
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
wow...that would be heart-wrenching

don't know if I could handle watching the Bengals upset the Jets that night if the Broncos lose...probably won't have to because I would be passed out on my floor at that point from drinking myself half to death

I would be on here very close to being banned probably...

vancejohnson82
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I would be on here very close to being banned probably...

i HATE logging on to this site after a loss...

its like finding out your girlfriend cheated on you on the way to getting a colonoscopy

Ambiguous
12-30-2009, 12:03 PM
If a Broncos loss at home to the Chiefs is the only thing keeping us out of the playoffs, it would be epic, EPIC meltdown on here. God the next 10 months would be horrific.

go_broncos
12-30-2009, 12:04 PM
We are going to win against KC and reach playoff's..I can feel it..

At some point we should get a break..We are not getting good breaks since Elway left.

bpc
12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
We also beat three division winners (NE, SD, & Cinci) and gave two others a good run for their money (Colts & Eagles) To make this conversation relevant.

So is your glass half full or half empty Chris.

Looks like we should have approached some of the basement dwelling teams like those division champions.

I'm not taking away from our early season success, but we're 2-7 over the last 9. With horrible losses to teams like Oakland and Washington. If we don't make the playoffs, we need only look in the mirror with whom to blame.

Hulamau
12-30-2009, 03:37 PM

you sound rational.

Sulking moron alert!

oubronco
12-30-2009, 03:40 PM

you sound rational.

Dude go bitch on another board WE"RE SICK OF IT

Popps
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
this is in fact a very good start to making the playoffs....

We need to beat the Chiefs, anyway.

Playoffs or not, we need momentum and a winning season. It'll be nice to finish on a strong note.