Denver Clinches a playoff spot with:

1) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Baltimore loss or tie OR

2) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

3) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Houston win OR

4) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

5) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Houston win OR

6) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss OR

7) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and N.Y.Jets loss OR

8) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

9) Pittsburgh loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

10) Miami loss or tie and N.Y. Jets loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss or tie.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14081552#ixzz0b1FSBjRS

vancejohnson82
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
the 3rd scenario is really the only one I can see happening

MplsBronco
12-28-2009, 02:10 PM
At least there are chit load of scenarios.

Ratboy
12-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Yep! high chance of getting in, all we need to do is win and let things happen.

vancejohnson82
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Yep! high chance of getting in, all we need to do is win and let things happen.

well, they are all predicated on Baltimore or the Jets losing...

neither of which is likely...the Jets will be playing the Bengals backups and the Ravens are playing the Raiders

we sealed our own fate

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Jets open at -10
Ravens at -9.5
Texans -7.5
Broncos -13.5

cabronco
12-28-2009, 02:19 PM

Ya but unfortunately 7 out of the 10 requires Baltimore to lose. But the fact we have a chance is better than no chance. I agree # 3 is our best chance.

go_broncos
12-28-2009, 02:19 PM
here's the official 'another playoff' thread :rofl:

Denver Clinches a playoff spot with:

1) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Baltimore loss or tie OR

2) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

3) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Houston win OR

4) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

5) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Houston win OR

6) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss OR

7) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and N.Y.Jets loss OR

8) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

9) Pittsburgh loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

10) Miami loss or tie and N.Y. Jets loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss or tie.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14081552#ixzz0b1FSBjRS

I don't see how the JETS lose the game against Cincy backups.
Also, BAL will destroy OAK..very bleak.

We need to blame ourselves for this debacle.

MplsBronco
12-28-2009, 02:22 PM

neither of which is likely...the Jets will be playing the Bengals backups and the Ravens are playing the Raiders

we sealed our own fate

True that, so that does lessen the chances. Do we know that Cincy is resting starters or just assuming? They haven't been playing great so I don't think they should feel that they can coast into the playoffs.

Archer81
12-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Broncos win, and we will all see how it shakes out. If we dont make it to the playoffs, we made a game improvement over last season's record. If we do, it ends a 3 year playoff drought. Either way this season has exceeded what I thought the team would do.

:Broncos:

KevinJames
12-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Have the bengals announced they will be resting their starters?

Mr.Meanie
12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
If we win it will still be one less than I had thought we would win. The Raiders game was just brutal.

Regardless, I am more excited for our future prospects than I have been in a long time. Brutal schedule, and we were in the mix to win 13 of those games, with 2 of the other ones with our starting QB out.

This team does not give up no matter the hole they're in or caliber of team they are playing.

If we address our OL this season and our secondary depth, next season should be incredibly exciting.

bronco militia
12-28-2009, 02:31 PM

they must have...jets open as 10.5 favorites.

BigPlayShay
12-28-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't see how the JETS lose the game against Cincy backups.
Also, BAL will destroy OAK..very bleak.

We need to blame ourselves for this debacle.

Pretty much agree with you, but Baltimore is 2-5 on the road this year. A glimmer of hope, but very faint.

~Crash~
12-28-2009, 02:33 PM

we sealed our own fate

yep our Coach played safe Ball and it bite him in the ass . Our owner lost some big bucks not hosting a game I hope he is pissed.

WolfpackGuy
12-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Redskins and Raiders losses were backbreakers.

The others were just to better teams.

go_broncos
12-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Redskins and Raiders losses were backbreakers.

The others were just to better teams.

I still can't forget the loss against OAK..

We played like **** against them.

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-28-2009, 02:41 PM

Isn't that a privilege usually set aside for good teams? The Bengals aren't exactly clicking on all cylinders right now.

cousinal11
12-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I still can't forget the loss against OAK..

We played like **** against them.

The Washington game stiicks out for me. We had control of that game, then the fake punt, Orton gets hurt, then Simms.:tearhair:

Archer81
12-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Isn't that a privilege usually set aside for good teams? The Bengals aren't exactly clicking on all cylinders right now.

The 3rd and 4th seeds are still up for grabs. Bengals win and NE loses, Cinci gets the 3rd seed.

KevinJames
12-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Only one I see working hand in hand is

We want Houston to beat NE so that the Bengals will have to play to win and play their starters the whole game to lock up the 3rd spot in the playoffs in case the Bengals ever face off against NE.

Thats what I am saying I don't think they wanna rest their starters and their starters probably don't wanna rest especially considering its going to be the SNF primtime game, no one wants to sit on national TV.

but in order to insure they will not sit their starters would be NE losing to Hou. Regardless of what NE does I don't see the Bengals sitting their starters unless they have a significant lead off more than 3 scores.

go_broncos
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
The Washington game stiicks out for me. We had control of that game, then the fake punt, Orton gets hurt, then Simms.:tearhair:

Fake Punt, 3rd and 25 and Russell scoring winning TD...:thumbsdow

go_broncos
12-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Only one I see working hand in hand is

We want Houston to beat NE so that the Bengals will have to play to win and play their starters the whole game to lock up the 3rd spot in the playoffs in case the Bengals ever face off against NE.

Can HOU beat NE?

Archer81
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Can HOU beat NE?

Its at Houston. NE has a 2-5 mark on the road.

TheDave
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
ehhhh...

This is what happens when you lose to a crap Oakland team at home in December...

It's hard to believe we were 6-0 at one point.

Archer81
12-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I must be a glass half full kind of guy.

We dont go 6-0 to start the season, we have no shot at the playoffs now.

LongDongJohnson
12-28-2009, 03:16 PM
last I heard bengals are playing there starters and marvin lewis is playing to win. He wants momentum going into playoffs. We all need to be bengal fans!!

TheDave
12-28-2009, 03:27 PM

I'm just incredibly tired of these 2nd half collapses.

Mr
12-28-2009, 03:28 PM
last I heard Bengals are playing there starters and marvin lewis is playing to win. He wants momentum going into playoffs. We all need to be bengal fans!!

I would welcome it but I doubt it.
Its way too risky against a D like that.
It wouldn't be a smart move, Bengals are fragile.

Archer81
12-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm just incredibly tired of these 2nd half collapses.

This I agree with. Its almost like we have to start the season 8-0 or 7-1 because we finish the season 3-5 or worse. Would be nice to go into the final 3 weeks of the season with a playoff spot wrapped up and a division title to fight for.

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-28-2009, 03:55 PM
This I agree with. Its almost like we have to start the season 8-0 or 7-1 because we finish the season 3-5 or worse. Would be nice to go into the final 3 weeks of the season with a playoff spot wrapped up and a division title to fight for.

They're the Bizarro Chargers.

frerottenextelway
12-28-2009, 04:10 PM
So, it most likely comes down to if Cinci wins we're in, if Cinci loses we're out.

OrangeShadow
12-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I didn't think this team would even be in this position at the beginning of the year so anything resembling sniffing a playoff spot is gravy for me.

broncofan2438
12-28-2009, 04:36 PM
ehhhh...

This is what happens when you lose to a crap Oakland team at home in December...

It's hard to believe we were 6-0 at one point.

Bingo, I find it very hard to believe.

broncos-rock
12-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Broncos win, and we will all see how it shakes out. If we dont make it to the playoffs, we made a game improvement over last season's record. If we do, it ends a 3 year playoff drought. Either way this season has exceeded what I thought the team would do.

+1
and were not going to San diego to get our azzes handed to us like last year. Compare that team to this team and nobody has quit like they did last year.

eddie mac
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
The only thing Cincy has to play for is the right to go to either Indy or San Diego if they win the Wild Card. On reflection Indy haven't lost a home game with Manning under center for 2 years whilst the Bengals should've beaten the Chargers in their own house a couple of weeks back.

Personally I dont know if that's enough for Marv to go into New Jersey with his starters and get them to play at 100% albeit if they were playing at 100% against KC maybe their back-ups would be better anyway.

The bigger picture remains the same, we had plenty of chances to cement a playoff spot long ago and **** the pooch. The defense has played lights out all season and is 100% better than last year, on the flip side our offense has cost us a playoff spot and even by some miracle if we got there we'd be 1 and done anyway with Orton and that ****ing woeful O-Line that for weeks has been unable to either pass block or run block.

We went into 2009 worried about our defense, in 2010 we should be ****ting ourselves about the worst offense in Denver since Tommy Maddox was under center.

bloodsunday
12-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I wish I could make sense of the odds of any given scenario. Given the following facts, it's pretty tough to know:

1) All these teams in question are 8 - 7, so by definition they are up and down. Who can predict which team will play well and which team will barf all over itself next week? Baltimore takes about 15 penalties a game. Pittsburgh has managed to lose to Oak, K.C., and Cleveland CONSECUTIVELY! Why is it a lock they win this week when both are on the road?

2) It's difficult to predict how teams will play (namely NE and Cincy) when faced with little or no tangible gain for their games. New England has only won 2 road games this season, 1 of those was in London. Cincy may have everything to play for, and they may have nothing.

3) The NFL eff'd us moving to Cincy and the NY Jets to the night game. I cannot believe they didn't take Detroit vs Chicago!

I guess we just sit back and enjoy (?) the ride.

David Wooderson
12-29-2009, 11:47 AM

I must be a bottle 9/16 full kind of guy. I will be absolutly perfect if the Broncos beat the Chiefs. :)

long beach bronco
12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Everyone keeps saying that it's ok, it is what we expected from the team in the preseason. True, but that was before the season began, we all had low expectations, but once we hit 6-0 those expectations turned differently, we then expected this team to at least make it to the playoffs controling their own destiny. If we start out 2-7, that was ok, we all expected it, but to go 6-0 and then go 2-7 is unacceptable. I expected more from this team and didn't get it.

Kid A
12-29-2009, 12:46 PM
last I heard bengals are playing there starters and marvin lewis is playing to win. He wants momentum going into playoffs. We all need to be bengal fans!!

Ochocinco is talking trash like he plans on playing.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Ochocinco-challenges-Revis.html

If I'm the Bengals (and I'm not saying this because the Broncos need a Jets loss), I honestly would play the starters. It has been a rough month for them, and they have looked shaky at best on the field. If they want to go anywhere in the playoffs they would be well served to get some work in against a good team like the NY.

Dagmar
12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Houston win

Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Houston win

I think these are our only hope, cannot see multiple teams losing.

Kid A
12-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I wish I could make sense of the odds of any given scenario. Given the following facts, it's pretty tough to know:

1) All these teams in question are 8 - 7, so by definition they are up and down. Who can predict which team will play well and which team will barf all over itself next week? Baltimore takes about 15 penalties a game. Pittsburgh has managed to lose to Oak, K.C., and Cleveland CONSECUTIVELY! Why is it a lock they win this week when both are on the road?

2) It's difficult to predict how teams will play (namely NE and Cincy) when faced with little or no tangible gain for their games. New England has only won 2 road games this season, 1 of those was in London. Cincy may have everything to play for, and they may have nothing.

3) The NFL eff'd us moving to Cincy and the NY Jets to the night game. I cannot believe they didn't take Detroit vs Chicago!

I guess we just sit back and enjoy (?) the ride.

This.

I'm as disappointed as anyone in how this team has faltered down the stretch. At 6-0 it looked like we had a shot to lock up a berth early and do something special. Turns out it just wasn't that level of team, and we let a couple bad losses slip through.

There isn't a team in the AFC (outside maybe SD), though, who we shouldn't expect to hang with in a playoff game. Lots of mediocrity all around. If Balt or NY get in the playoffs instead of us, good for them. But if we get in, we'll deserve it as much as any of these deeply flawed teams.

Frankly, there are maybe 3-4 teams in the entire league right now who should feel particularly good about how they are playing in December.

long beach bronco
12-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Dallas, San Diego and the Eagles.

lazarus4444
12-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Remember this is all assuming we beat the chefs which is no guarantee since we seem to be playing up and down to the level of competition. The chefs game should be a blowout in our favor but i guess you never know with this team. We'll see how bad they want it.

Doggcow
12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
#3 is most likely.

Dagmar
12-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Thankfully if NE lose to Houston the Bengals will try. If they don't, the Bengals have no reason to try. Lewis almost came out and said it already to be fair.

troya900
12-30-2009, 12:03 AM
IMO it sucks that the NFL scheduled that Bengals/Jets game as the night game. It's dumb they play a team in the night slot that might sit their starters depending on the outcome of an earlier game. Would be nice if they made games like that be played at the same time for at least some integrity. I guess regardless though the Broncos screwed themselves over, but it still sucks.

boltaneer
12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
IIRC, Belichik usually plays his starters in these "meaningless" games.

I don't see New England laying down for Houston, especially since New England hasn't looked very sharp this season. They're going to want all the momentum they can get going into the playoffs.

I see the Jets getting their playoff spot gift wrapped for a second week in a row.

boltaneer
12-30-2009, 12:23 AM
IMO it sucks that the NFL scheduled that Bengals/Jets game as the night game. It's dumb they play a team in the night slot that might sit their starters depending on the outcome of an earlier game. Would be nice if they made games like that be played at the same time for at least some integrity. I guess regardless though the Broncos screwed themselves over, but it still sucks.

I'm no Peter King fan by any means but he had an interesting explanation as to why they chose the Bengals-Jets game. I don't know if I really buy it because according to what he says, the NFL still has 3-4 years to even the AFC-NFC flex count.

But I do agree with him in that the Bengals-Jets is the more dramatic game, as one team is fighting to make the playoffs and the other is fighting for a higher seed (though I think getting the 3rd or 4th seed is rather irrelevant this year). It's probably the best game to move. I can't think of a better one to put in prime time.

Lots of people have asked why the Dallas-Philadelphia game, for the championship of the NFC East, wasn't flexed. A couple of reasons. All things being equal, the league would have preferred an AFC game to be flexed. By the end of the current contract in 2013, the league has to have flexed an equal number of FOX (NFC) and CBS (AFC) games to the Sunday night NFL package on NBC. As of today, the league has shifted four more NFC games than AFC games. So this lowers the margin to three. Another factor is that, by virtue of the Giants losing to Carolina and Dallas beating Washington, Dallas and Philadelphia were already playoff-bound. Now it's just a question of which seed each will be.