PDA

View Full Version : Q: How many can we tag?

watermock
12-28-2009, 12:47 PM
We have a bunch of RFA's and oster bonus' up, (Champ),

How many can we 1st,2nd round tender or do we even have to?

I fully expect the CBA to go nuclear, even without Upshaw.

misturanderson
12-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I assume we can tag as many RFAs (Orton, Doom, Marshall, Kuper, Scheffler) as we want, as high as we want. We also have 2 transition tags and a franchise tag I believe.

cutthemdown
12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
We can actually use one franchise, and 2 transition tags. And pretty much every important player is only a RFA.

Playoff teams can't sign any FA until the lose one. No salary cap, no salary minimum.

cutthemdown
12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
RFA you can tender high, or low. The more you tender the higher pick it takes to get them. I think its a first at the high tender.

cutthemdown
12-28-2009, 12:52 PM
So really Broncos can keep any player they want.

Kuper I would let test the market free of a tender. He's just getting rag dolled I don't see the reason to pay him a ton. Especially when Wiegman and Hochstien/Hamilton etc also getting rag dolled every running play.

Broncos IMO go big into FA and the draft looking for size inside on the oline. Keep Doom, keep Marshal, sign Orton cheap. Bailey and Graham may be asked to do new deals with slightly less per yr, to maybe a lot per yr less. IMO those will be the priorities.

cutthemdown
12-28-2009, 12:54 PM
So maybe the lowest tender to Kuper, franchise doom, throw a ton of money at Marshal and get him done first. Orton I think does his pretty easy. Even though Doom could be tendered the high level as a RFA, I think some team would still sign him. Safe bet is to franchise. WR like Marshall team a little more afraid of. We could probably get him signed though for a big money deal.

Obviously Marshall has proven he's an elite stud. You have to keep both him and doom or this team is stupid.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 12:55 PM
With no cap, there's no reason not to tag any RFA.

cutthemdown
12-28-2009, 01:02 PM
With no cap, there's no reason not to tag any RFA.

You still have a bottom line on how much money can be spent. Honestly most teams are planning to spend less. It's not a boon for the players.

Playoff teams cant even sign any FA unless they lose one of the same value. So unless the good teams want to let a good FA go, they can't sign one. It's not going to be anything like you think.

Ratboy
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
You still have a bottom line on how much money can be spent. Honestly most teams are planning to spend less. It's not a boon for the players.

Playoff teams cant even sign any FA unless they lose one of the same value. So unless the good teams want to let a good FA go, they can't sign one. It's not going to be anything like you think.

Clarify 'value' in this case.

mr007
12-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Obviously Marshall has proven he's an elite stud. You have to keep both him and doom or this team is stupid.

If Marshall at a minimum isn't resigned I'm going to be very upset at this team.

watermock
12-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Kuper I would let test the market free of a tender. He's just getting rag dolled I don't see the reason to pay him a ton. Especially when Wiegman and Hochstien/Hamilton etc also getting rag dolled every running play.

I'm sorry but I find that highly amusing.

Hamilton will retire, Holstein just blew out his knee, Weigman looks weak and confused on A gap blitzes.

Suddenly, with our Slug as a QB, and wasting the ZBS that has worked for 15 years, and line that looked great now looks like crap?

I thought Moreno cold block, no, he can't in a 1 back set.

I wonder this: If Mcdummy so likes the 2 TE set, #1, why spend a #2 on Quinn? and not use Sheff and Marshall and Royal, that's 11 right?

Even ore irritating was Neckbeard throwing into double coverage when he could of walked to a first down.

And BTW, last time I remember Philly, he was like selling his stuff, and didn't show until we were 6-0.

Now he's calling people out....
C'mon man...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JvUKS0RJlc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JvUKS0RJlc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

~Crash~
12-28-2009, 01:29 PM
So really Broncos can keep any player they want.

Broncos IMO go big into FA and the draft looking for size inside on the oline. Keep Doom, keep Marshal, sign Orton cheap. Bailey and Graham may be asked to do new deals with slightly less per yr, to maybe a lot per yr less. IMO those will be the priorities.

yeah one problem:wave: there are a lot of teams lining up for Guards and very few out there (FA) so come again lol Kuper should be at least offered $1.2 Mill a first round and 2nd round tenure ! you might not like his run blocking in the power RB but we will not rebuild the oline in one year there are plenty teams with this problem. that is why Shanahan just skipped this problem

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Really? You know what I'm thinking? Considering that I've been saying since the last offseason that this isn't going to the FA free-for-all like some think, I'm pretty sure you have no clue what I'm thinking.

Oh, and it's not all playoff teams that are limited. The Final 4 teams can only re-sign their own FAs plus do a 1 for 1 replacement. The 4 that lose in the divisional round can sign their own and can sign FAs if they're in certain salary ranges. Teams that lose in the WC round of the playoffs aren't limited to who they can sign.

Here is what I'm thinking: It absolutely stupid to not retain the right of first refusal for a guy that has started for 3 years on this team. RFA tags are not expensive.

~Crash~
12-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Really? You know what I'm thinking? Considering that I've been saying since the last offseason that this isn't going to the FA free-for-all like some think, I'm pretty sure you have no clue what I'm thinking.

Oh, and it's not all playoff teams that are limited. The Final 4 teams can only re-sign their own FAs plus do a 1 for 1 replacement. The 4 that lose in the divisional round can sign their own and can sign FAs if they're in certain salary ranges. Teams that lose in the WC round of the playoffs aren't limited to who they can sign.

Here is what I'm thinking: It absolutely stupid to not retain the right of first refusal for a guy that has started for 3 years on this team. RFA tags are not expensive.yep he does sound kind of silly here . by offering you lose nothing...

watermock
12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
But who really knows with McCoach 'em up "Just do your mother****ing job".

Players become deaf to that shiat.

watermock
12-28-2009, 02:01 PM
I fully expect McD to try to slasn Champ's roster bonus,

No mtter he injured himself on a potentil game saving play.

DeSean Jackson made a play.

Surprised?