PDA

View Full Version : colts front office

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 10:30 PM
is the most selfish, ridiculous thing in football. and regardless that the team we need to lose won, they just layed down for another team to win, when the game was still on the line. they ruined their teams chances of making history, they screwed their fans out of their hard earned money who paid to go see this game. colts fans are PISSED. its an embarrasment to them and to football, like herm said YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. not to rest your starters under the false hope that it will make you go farther in playoffs, which history has pretty clearly proven it doesnt.

RhymesayersDU
12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Nobody got screwed. The Colts earned the right to make this decision. They don't owe anybody anything.

Rocket 7
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Mercury Morris will disagree. Of course he must be drunk by now. He would disagree the sky is blue.

NFLBRONCO
12-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Why they took the pressure of going undefeated and focus on SB win.

bronco militia
12-27-2009, 10:45 PM
they will choke again.....

so let it be written, so let be done

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 10:45 PM
is the most selfish, ridiculous thing in football. and regardless that the team we need to lose won, they just layed down for another team to win, when the game was still on the line. they ruined their teams chances of making history, they screwed their fans out of their hard earned money who paid to go see this game. colts fans are PISSED. its an embarrasment to them and to football, like herm said YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. not to rest your starters under the false hope that it will make you go farther in playoffs, which history has pretty clearly proven it doesnt.

I don't blame them for resting the starters.you are angry because Jets won the game..Just think from their perspective, why don't you want to risk injury to peyton?

DBroncos4life
12-27-2009, 10:48 PM
They gave the piss poor Jets away into the playoffs. Its a better move for them.

yavoon
12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't blame them for resting the starters.you are angry because Jets won the game..Just think from their perspective, why don't you want to risk injury to peyton?

yah risk injury to the guy that hasn't missed a game ever. if that's your standard why do you let peyton drive an automobile to the stadium, he might get in an accident.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 10:58 PM
yah risk injury to the guy that hasn't missed a game ever. if that's your standard why do you let peyton drive an automobile to the stadium, he might get in an accident.

exactly. this "risking injury" thing hastn turned out well for them, ever. the only SB they won they had to play EVERY game, dont you think they would notice that?

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Poor thread.

Several years ago, the Colts let us into the playoffs by doing exactly what they did today. Were you complaining about that Tsi, or were you even watching football then?

Regardless, we had control of our own destiny and really pissed it away last week vs Oakland at home. It's our teams fault, the Colts don't owe us anything. Still, it isn't over yet. Let's hope for a good ole fashioned mauling of KC, some week 17 luck, and a hot streak in the playoffs.

yavoon
12-27-2009, 11:04 PM
exactly. this "risking injury" thing hastn turned out well for them, ever. the only SB they won they had to play EVERY game, dont you think they would notice that?

essentially the colts are taking the last month of the season off, doing nothing competitive, playing what amounts to preseason games. then hoping when they load it up for cinci or new england(and after that probably san diego).

at some point you have to have some balls to win the super bowl.

Clockwork Orange
12-27-2009, 11:05 PM
The Colts made the Broncos lose to Oakland a week ago? Those pricks!

bronco militia
12-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Poor thread.

Several years ago, the Colts let us into the playoffs by doing exactly what they did today. Were you complaining about that Tsi, or were you even watching football then?

Regardless, we had control of our own destiny and really pissed it away last week vs Oakland at home. It's our teams fault, the Colts don't owe us anything. Still, it isn't over yet. Let's hope for a good ole fashioned mauling of KC, some week 17 luck, and a hot streak in the playoffs.

the colts didn't win it all that year either..

you'd think these guys would learn

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:09 PM
i dont care taht it was the jets or whoever who won, the broncos needed to take care of their own business and win tonight and next week and they didnt. even if jets lose, broncos need to basically backdoor into playoffs, now its just harder. broncos have lost several winnable games and all due to different people, cant place the blame on any one person or group fo people for the games we lost. but for a team to destroy its chances of making history at a false hope of saving its players for the playoffs, easily the most competitive time of year, is ridiculous.

broncolife
12-27-2009, 11:15 PM
essentially the colts are taking the last month of the season off, doing nothing competitive, playing what amounts to preseason games. then hoping when they load it up for cinci or new england(and after that probably san diego).

at some point you have to have some balls to win the super bowl.
Didnt we do that the year of the dreaded Jacksonville playoff loss? Damn those basturds for making our 3peat a 2peat

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 11:18 PM
i dont care taht it was the jets or whoever who won, the broncos needed to take care of their own business and win tonight and next week and they didnt. even if jets lose, broncos need to basically backdoor into playoffs, now its just harder. broncos have lost several winnable games and all due to different people, cant place the blame on any one person or group fo people for the games we lost. but for a team to destroy its chances of making history at a false hope of saving its players for the playoffs, easily the most competitive time of year, is ridiculous.

Well... there's several people we CAN'T blame it on...

Champ, Elvis, Marshall, Clady, Holliday, Hill, Davis

The rest are all expendable, imo.

bpc
12-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Nobody got screwed. The Colts earned the right to make this decision. They don't owe anybody anything.

Thank you. No more comments necessary. Time will determine if this blows up in their face.

You play for Super Bowls. Everything is just icing on the cake.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:24 PM

theres several others, but champ will be gone. no corner is worth 15 mil a year after his prime is over. josh has had a really good year id say and with such a young coach, growing pains for him will be necessary. the wins are about where they can be expected given the talent level of the team in general.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Thank you. No more comments necessary. Time will determine if this blows up in their face.

You play for Super Bowls. Everything is just icing on the cake.

time has already determined it. they go one and done every year they rest their players. you cant tell a player to take a month off and expect em to come back 100% full force and ready to go.

McDman
12-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Quit making stupid threads. As if claiming the NFL fixes games wasn't enough.

bpc
12-27-2009, 11:32 PM
time has already determined it. they go one and done every year they rest their players. you cant tell a player to take a month off and expect em to come back 100% full force and ready to go.

Peyton Manning has a super bowl and has won 10 or more games all but two seasons during his career.

He won't finish his career with just one super bowl. This probably is the year that he picks up his 2nd.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Peyton Manning has a super bowl and has won 10 or more games all but two seasons during his career.

He won't finish his career with just one super bowl. This probably is the year that he picks up his 2nd.

im very aware that he has a ring and im not doubting that hes a good QB. this post isnt about him at all, its about their front office. hed prolly have several more chances at a ring if his team didnt come out slow and off rhythm, hence the reason they have gone one and done every year EXCEPT the year they had to play every game full force.

DBroncos4life
12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Why would the Colts want us or Pitt in the playoffs?

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
theres several others, but champ will be gone. no corner is worth 15 mil a year after his prime is over. josh has had a really good year id say and with such a young coach, growing pains for him will be necessary. the wins are about where they can be expected given the talent level of the team in general.

I'm not so sure. I've talked this over with a few other people, but haven't made any threads about it because it would be quickly jacked by fan police and turn into another ****storm, so I'll just say this:

New coaches have a schematic advantage because other teams don't have film to game plan off of.

I really didn't think it'd be as potent of an advantage as it was, or last as long as it did, but it seems it did. I think maybe doing things COMPLETELY different from what we showed in the pre-season may be the culprit for the extended advantage, but I expected it to last 4 weeks, but it lasted 6.

After that we hit teams that also had bye weeks to prepare winning formulas against our defense. The winning formula vs our offense has been absurdly simple, 5 under 2 deep because we don't know to attempt an actual forward pass.

6-0 to start
2-7 since

And a large chunk of the best teams on our schedule were DURING the 6-0 start.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:40 PM
http://forum.colts.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Colts-Football

these guys are blowing up WAY worse than us and we have a good shot at NOT making the playoffs. they are talking as if they just lost any shot at a superbowl, its pretty entertaining and sad at the same time.

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 11:42 PM

these guys are blowing up WAY worse than us and we have a good shot at NOT making the playoffs. they are talking as if they just lost any shot at a superbowl, its pretty entertaining and sad at the same time.

They just lost a shot at writing history. I'd be furious too.

I don't know what Caldwell was thinking. He puts together the first 19-0 season, he's an immediate lock in the HoF his first coaching season.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm not so sure. I've talked this over with a few other people, but haven't made any threads about it because it would be quickly jacked by fan police and turn into another ****storm, so I'll just say this:

New coaches have a schematic advantage because other teams don't have film to game plan off of.

I really didn't think it'd be as potent of an advantage as it was, or last as long as it did, but it seems it did. I think maybe doing things COMPLETELY different from what we showed in the pre-season may be the culprit for the extended advantage, but I expected it to last 4 weeks, but it lasted 6.

After that we hit teams that also had bye weeks to prepare winning formulas against our defense. The winning formula vs our offense has been absurdly simple, 5 under 2 deep because we don't know to attempt an actual forward pass.

6-0 to start
2-7 since

And a large chunk of the best teams on our schedule were DURING the 6-0 start.

of course he gets part of the blame for the louzy finish, but he also gets part of the credit for the great start too. he beat some very very good teams to start the year, i think the talent level of teh team finally caught up with us though, as well as josh having some questionable playcalling during times (if i ever see a shotgun draw again...)

again, he had a pretty good year and should get better because of this. i expect his play calling to improve, hopefully he gets a bit less stubborn on stuff just because its SUPPOSED to work. if its not, gotta change.

DBroncos4life
12-27-2009, 11:47 PM
im very aware that he has a ring and im not doubting that hes a good QB. this post isnt about him at all, its about their front office. hed prolly have several more chances at a ring if his team didnt come out slow and off rhythm, hence the reason they have gone one and done every year EXCEPT the year they had to play every game full force.

Like in 2003 when they beat us and the Chiefs then lost to NE in the championship game. That was before you watched football so I will let that slide. How about the following year when the beat us then lost to NE again.

bpc
12-27-2009, 11:48 PM

You're an idiot. The reason he doesn't have more rings is because his career in the league has directly coincided with the Patriots 3 championship run, and the Steelers winning two... both are great organizations and deserving championship teams.

The Colts are fine. The stats you deflect, reflect on the front office. They've drafted great, hired the right guys and have given themselves 8 or 9 seasons of 10+ wins.

Sucks to be the Colts where they are clinching their division normally by week 13 or 14 and have to make the tough decision of whether to rest their starters instead of putting them out on the field where they can get injured.

Every week you amaze me with your incredible stupidity. You're talking from a bitter Bronco fan perspective. Not as an admirer of what Indy has done over the last decade.

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 11:54 PM
of course he gets part of the blame for the louzy finish, but he also gets part of the credit for the great start too. he beat some very very good teams to start the year, i think the talent level of teh team finally caught up with us though, as well as josh having some questionable playcalling during times (if i ever see a shotgun draw again...)

again, he had a pretty good year and should get better because of this. i expect his play calling to improve, hopefully he gets a bit less stubborn on stuff just because its SUPPOSED to work. if its not, gotta change.

You're missing the point.

He won't have that schematic element of surprise EVER again.

He, Nolan, and the staff, and the FO, all need to do better jobs.

tsiguy96
12-27-2009, 11:54 PM
You're an idiot. The reason he doesn't have more rings is because his career in the league has directly coincided with the Patriots 3 championship run, and the Steelers winning two... both are great organizations and deserving championship teams.

The Colts are fine. The stats you deflect, reflect on the front office. They've drafted great, hired the right guys and have given themselves 8 or 9 seasons of 10+ wins.

Sucks to be the Colts where they are clinching their division normally by week 13 or 14 and have to make the tough decision of whether to rest their starters instead of putting them out on the field where they can get injured.

Every week you amaze me with your incredible stupidity. You're talking from a bitter Bronco fan perspective. Not as an admirer of what Indy has done over the last decade.

im pretty sure ive made it very clear i dont care what team beat the colts today, the fact that their coach quit on a shot at perfection to rest players who he has no reason to rest (manning has NEVER missed a start in his career, its gonna happen today?) is ridiculous. they have 0 super bowl wins after resting players, how is it not completely obvious that resting your players doesnt equate to super bowls?

if every single colts fan is pissed off about this, you think they are wrong and you are right? i dont care theyve locked up AFC bye and home field, that doesnt mean to put your starters in for a half (where they can get injured) then pull them when hte game is on the line, there is a reason the fans booed the decision at the stadium.

and to add to your final comment, you have yet to find a single person on this forum besides rasta, bf7 and lex who EVER agree with you about anything. dont you think that is some pathetic company to keep?

~Crash~
12-27-2009, 11:58 PM
we lost to ****ing raiders I don't want in the playoffs

ZONA
12-27-2009, 11:59 PM
The Broncos can learn something from this game. And that is, just how much a good QB can impact the game, and we need one.

~Crash~
12-28-2009, 12:02 AM
You're missing the point.

He won't have that schematic element of surprise EVER again.

He, Nolan, and the staff, and the FO, all need to do better jobs.

Our Offense looks like a High School coach drew it up . and last weak we lost to two basic plays ran by a total deplete team .

~Crash~
12-28-2009, 12:03 AM
The Broncos can learn something from this game. And that is, just how much a good QB can impact the game, and we need one.

this coach cannot do crap he sucks I hope he goes back to NE .

~Crash~
12-28-2009, 12:11 AM
who is winning right now ? Steelers linage

ZachKC
12-28-2009, 12:25 AM

Congratulations, you just found people that are mad about sports.

On the INTERNET!

bpc
12-28-2009, 12:25 AM

Yup.

Broncos4tw
12-28-2009, 12:35 AM
It was pretty stupid imo. You risk starters all year. That's the game, deal with it. To flush down the chance at a perfect season to rest your starters for 20 minutes is idiotic.

One time, Indy did not rest their starters, and what happened? They won the SB. Three times they rested their starters, and what happened? They never made it to the SB. Tell me again how well that works?

This is a game for the FANS, and as such, it's selfish and moronic to blow off a perfect season for that idiotic reasoning.

TomServo
12-28-2009, 12:53 AM
i remember how pssd i was at tito paul for blowing our perfect season.
good for the colts, they are happy with being just one of 44 superbowl champs(maybe)you know, F being the only undefeated team in the 16 game extended wildcard era. who cares.
it worked so well all those years they went one and done like the broncos against the jags.

Broncos4tw
12-28-2009, 12:59 AM
All I know is:

3 times rested their starts = 3 non-SB wins.
1 time did NOT rest their starters = 1 SB win.

So, with that equation in mind, they... rested their starters? Ending any chance at a perfect season along the way, to thoroughly piss of your fanbase? This is smart in what way? Oh yea.. it's not.

Bronco did that against the Jags, and we were not the only ones, it's happened repeatedly in the NFL. Resting your players is a bad move, it fails a lot more than it does any good.

WABronco
12-28-2009, 01:03 AM
The colts are chicken **** for trying to make a point by losing a game, intentionally. Not for being in position to do whatever the **** they want.

Still a pack of idiots. Solid "football decision"...

broncocalijohn
12-28-2009, 01:06 AM

peyton has never been hurt in his career. Look what happened when Denver did it just one game in 96. If they played that much into the game (into the 3rd quarter), then finish it or at least play until the lead is good enough for the win.

ZONA
12-28-2009, 01:08 AM
If the Colts fans are pissy about this then they should just go take a trip to KC and watch one of those games and then I betcha they change their tune. Idiots.

Broncos4tw
12-28-2009, 01:14 AM
If the Colts fans are pissy about this then they should just go take a trip to KC and watch one of those games and then I betcha they change their tune. Idiots.

If the Broncos say... under Elway, were 14-0, and we "rested" him and we lost the chance at a perfect season, you wouldn't be PO'd?

Go ahead and say yes so I can call you a liar.

TomServo
12-28-2009, 01:16 AM
the colts would never win a SB in the 70's or 80's prolly 90's too.
too damn soft. recievers duck or go out of bounds etc.
i'd give elway, eddy mac, rod smith, sharpe,TD a fighting chance in any era.
peyton(gump) with harrison, clark, etc. wouldnt stand a chance.

ZachKC
12-28-2009, 01:28 AM
the colts would never win a SB in the 70's or 80's prolly 90's too.
too damn soft..

Those defenses could keep up with that kind of attack?

Possible.

I doubt it.

TomServo
12-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Those defenses could keep up with that kind of attack?

Possible.

I doubt it.

you could actually touch the QB back then. until 1978 or so the recievers were fair game until the ball was in the air. So Yeah how would ol peyton (clean uniform) do back then?

Bronco Yoda
12-28-2009, 04:09 AM

Hill is still in the doghouse from me. You never let up on a play.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Maybe we should just beat the Colts instead of squealing about how they manage their meaningless December schedule. Or better yet, beat the Oakland Raiders at home.

Bronco Yoda
12-28-2009, 05:06 AM
The Colts chickened out. They couldn't handle the 'undefeated' pressure. If that's what it takes to get to the Super Bowl, then so be it. But they just gave away a shot at making history. No Guts, No Glory.

Broncoman13
12-28-2009, 05:45 AM

Yeah, I pretty much was disgusted with the Colts as well. As a fan of football in general, I'd like to see a record fall. I don't like the Colts all that much and I didn't like the Pats when they were in that situation either, but I sure could respect what they accomplished and it would have been neat to be a witness to the best season in history. I'd have to think the NFL would also be disgusted with the Colts as well. There were a lot of not so hardcore fans paying close attention to the NFL this year b/c of the Colts chances at a perfect season. Similar to the draw that McGuire and Sosa had when they were chasing 60 or when Bonds was setting his record, the draw it has on the casual fan cannot be overlooked.

Not as though they were my favorite team in the past but I will root for anybody to beat the Colts in this year's playoffs. Honestly, I'd like to see the Chargers pound their heads in.

toad
12-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Meh....like others have said we can blame ourselves for losing to Oakland and Washington (and on that same note losing some games we were competitive in such as Pitt, Ind, and Phi).

Last year and this year are late season slides of, quite literally, historic nature. If we miss the playoffs this year we'll be the firs team in NFL history to miss the playoffs after a 3.5 game lead at some point during the regular season.

Sucks right now...sucks.

The Joker
12-28-2009, 07:52 AM
I actually would have liked to see them go perfect.

It would have been fitting for Manning to be the man who finally put together that perfect season. Would have been a great legacy for one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Personally hope they crash and burn in the playoffs now though, it'd be hilarious.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 07:57 AM
theres several others, but champ will be gone. no corner is worth 15 mil a year after his prime is over.

I love this site, so quick to dump the best player on the defense because of what they think is a financial issue in an uncapped year.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-28-2009, 08:40 AM
If we happen to get in next week, I don't want to hear anyone talk about how we BACKED in.

If the Jets somehow make it, after that **** show yesterday... I mean, you talk about backing in... Jesus.

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 08:41 AM
I love this site, so quick to dump the best player on the defense because of what they think is a financial issue in an uncapped year.

champ is no longer the best player on defense, and 15 million dollars is a TON of money that can be invested elsewhere on the team. albert haynesworth makes less per year.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 08:57 AM
champ is no longer the best player on defense, and 15 million dollars is a TON of money that can be invested elsewhere on the team. albert haynesworth makes less per year.

Yes, he still is.

I like that, Champ is in the last year of a deal that averaged $9M per year and you pop off that Haynesworth deal averages less per year than what Champ is making in the final year. Nice switch from from final year to per year, and BTW Hayesworth deal averages $5M more per year than Champ's deal.

Oh, and since you're so sure he won't be here next year, who do you plan to replace him with that is going to come anywhere the same level of play?

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Yes, he still is.

I like that, Champ is in the last year of a deal that averaged $9M per year and you pop off that Haynesworth deal averages less per year than what Champ is making in the final year. Nice switch from from final year to per year, and BTW Hayesworth deal averages $5M more per year than Champ's deal.

Oh, and since you're so sure he won't be here next year, who do you plan to replace him with that is going to come anywhere the same level of play?

haynesworth is due almost 30 million dollars in the 5th year of his deal. it is basically a 4 year 48 million gauranteed deal.

you automatically assume i dont want him here which is silly, but for 15 million dollars ther is better investments. goodman is playing as good, or near as good, as champ is this year, aand in some games better, for a fraction of the cost.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 09:00 AM
haynesworth is due almost 30 million dollars in the 5th year of his deal. it is basically a 4 year 48 million gauranteed deal.

Which would still make it more than Champ's deal on a per year basis.

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Which would still make it more than Champ's deal on a per year basis.

wtf is wrong with you? it doesnt change the fact that per year deals dont mean **** when it comes to gauranteed money, i dontknow how much of his salary this year is gauranteed but if its not a lot they will try to get him to restructure for sure and if he doesnt theres no gaurantee hes on the team. you are way to defensive about a corner that is playing pretty good, not great, and is the highest paid corner in the NFL next year.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Still waiting for that list of FAs that all that money saved is going to bring in and that corner that's better than Champ

Garcia Bronco
12-28-2009, 09:13 AM

Actually they have an obligation to the paying customers in the stands at the very least.

go_broncos
12-28-2009, 09:22 AM
I believe JETS will lose against Bengals..It is entirely possible..
Just like our team, they are very inconsistent.

Bolts_Rule_AFC_West
12-28-2009, 09:44 AM
They gave the piss poor Jets away into the playoffs. Its a better move for them.
Not only this ^ but they may of kept the Steelers out with that move.

Also, they may of completely pissed off their own players who'll want to go out and prove they could of been perfect.

Great move. ...sorry but it was... Give a good team an extra chip on their shoulders.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Tedy Bruschi has a nice article about this on ESPN.com which I agree with wholeheartedly.

In short, you dont often have a chance at greatness, so when you do, you have to go for it.

The resting injured players thingi s crap, considering they played well into the 3rd quarter and the "pressure of being an undefeated team" is a worse excuse. You are professionals! Athletes should always aspire to the highest level of greatness and the Colts coaching staff robbed them of that opportunity. Its absurd.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-28-2009, 09:50 AM

Also, they may of completely pissed off their own players who'll want to go out and prove they could of been perfect.

Great move. ...sorry but it was... Give a good team an extra chip on their shoulders.

Its not a great move, its a copout.

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Still waiting for that list of FAs that all that money saved is going to bring in and that corner that's better than Champ

Tsi doesn't really follow football so you will be waiting forever.

RhymesayersDU
12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Actually they have an obligation to the paying customers in the stands at the very least.

Disagree. As somebody who flew into Denver last week for the Oakland debacle, I would trade spots with a Colts fan in a second. I would love the Broncos to be in that position.

Now if the Colts don't win the SB, then Colts fans will have something to be angry about.

Traveler
12-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Can't get past this little tidbit early yesterday:

Manning plans to play as long as it's competitive
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 27, 2009 11:17 AM ET

The Indianapolis Colts still maintain that they're more interested in entering the playoffs as healthy as possible than in going undefeated.

But Colts quarterback Peyton Manning says he plans to play today's game as long as the outcome is in doubt.

Rachel Nichols of ESPN reports that Manning told her he thinks he will play until the end of the game if the game is competitive. That stands in contrast to previous indications out of Indianapolis that the team would rather keep Manning healthy than try to go 16-0.

Meanwhile, Jets linebacker Bart Scott told Nichols that the Jets' defense plans to hit Manning so often that the Colts will consider taking Manning out even when the outcome is in doubt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/manning-plans-to-play-as-long-as-its-competitive/

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Tsi doesn't really follow football so you will be waiting forever.

are you guys both idiots?

how about one, who has played onthe level of champ bailey for a third of the price: andre goodman

i never said you can replace champ bailey regardless of price tag, i said for the price he will command you can use that money elsewhere and make the team better. but neither of you will understand that i assume so its pointless to even try to talk football. you call everyone bronco homers, you guys are so enamored with certain players on the team that you will stick up to them through absolutely everything regardless of their level of play or salary required.

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 10:37 AM

how about one, who has played onthe level of champ bailey for a third of the price: andre goodman

i never said you can replace champ bailey regardless of price tag, i said for the price he will command you can use that money elsewhere and make the team better. but neither of you will understand that i assume so its pointless to even try to talk football. you call everyone bronco homers, you guys are so enamored with certain players on the team that you will stick up to them through absolutely everything regardless of their level of play or salary required.

So do you believe Carlos Rogers, Dunta Robinson, Richard Marshall, or some rookie will come in and play at a higher level then Champ Bailey?

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
So do you believe Carlos Rogers, Dunta Robinson, Richard Marshall, or some rookie will come in and play at a higher level then Champ Bailey?

read my post again. you can get players that will make the TEAM better for the same price as opposed to paying ONE player the 15 million he needs to stay here. get it?

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
read my post again. you can get players that will make the TEAM better for the same price as opposed to paying ONE player the 15 million he needs to stay here. get it?

Who then? You are going to down grade us at DB and take our the strength of our D away and hope to improve the team.

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Who then? You are going to down grade us at DB and take our the strength of our D away and hope to improve the team.

you truly are dumb, and at this point are arguing just for the sake of arguing. if you think champ is worth 15 million a year, one of the highest (if not THE highest) for a defensive player this year, you are out of your ****ing mind. your blind loyalty to a single player on a TEAM is ridiculous, but i guess it fits with your cutler MO too.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 11:00 AM

So who replaces Goodman's production at the other corner spot?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
you truly are dumb, and at this point are arguing just for the sake of arguing. if you think champ is worth 15 million a year, one of the highest (if not THE highest) for a defensive player this year, you are out of your ****ing mind. your blind loyalty to a single player on a TEAM is ridiculous, but i guess it fits with your cutler MO too.

Quit dodging the question.

You can't sit there and just say they can use the money elsewhere to improve the team, who out there in this FA class will improve the team despite the downgrade at corner?

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 11:07 AM

I just want you to tell us with all our cap money that we have this off-season why we need another 15 million to improve the team while down grading us at CB.

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Come on TSI tell us how we are not only going to to replace Bailey's coverage skills but his run support as well. You better have a plan to get better tacklers because we are losing a sure tackler in Bailey from the secondary.

Garcia Bronco
12-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Free Agency will be dead this year. You guys are arguing over nothing. And besides...champ is still the one.

vancejohnson82
12-28-2009, 12:22 PM
champ is still worth that kind of money....

held Reggie Wayne to one catch...

held Moss to one catch....

was all over Jackson yesterday besides the one PI call where the ball was underthrown terribly..

the guy was great this year

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Free Agency will be dead this year.

That's the point, there's going to be nothing out there this year

And yes, Champ still is the One.

boltaneer
12-28-2009, 03:05 PM

This is a great point. The Steelers have been very inconsistent this season but they're probably the most dangerous team out of all the Wild Card possibilities. I'm sure they'd much rather face the Jets and Sanchez in the playoffs rather than the Steelers and Big Ben.

I don't know about these points though. You could tell that the players were not happy with the way the game ended. You want momentum going into the playoffs and it looks like the Colts are going to be going into the playoffs with no momentum and possibly with Peyton and the starters not playing a full game for an entire month. If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if they go one and done.

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Free Agency will be dead this year. You guys are arguing over nothing. And besides...champ is still the one.

That is the point. Tsi thinks Champ isn't worth the the money.

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 05:03 PM
That is the point. Tsi thinks Champ isn't worth the the money.

corners arent worth 15 million. if he restructures, he is worth it. or if pat is willing to foot the bill and not let it affect other FA signings, its worth it. if keeping champ means we dont get to upgrade other parts of the team via FA, then no its not worth it.

DBroncos4life
12-28-2009, 05:11 PM
corners arent worth 15 million. if he restructures, he is worth it. or if pat is willing to foot the bill and not let it affect other FA signings, its worth it. if keeping champ means we dont get to upgrade other parts of the team via FA, then no its not worth it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87725

According to my records from late November, the Broncos have the lowest payroll attributed for 2010.

At present they only have $62m attached to approx 41 players' contracts.

Only Kansas City at $63.5m, Cincinatti at $67m, New England at $63m, Tampa Bay $65.5m, Tennessee $67.5m come close to that figure. The likes of the Dallas Cowboys, Vikings etc have nearly $50m more already assigned.

So by my reckoning if Bowlen wants this team to push once again for a Superbowl he has more than enough wriggle room to keep the players we want to keep and give McDaniels enough ammo to go after those few decent players that will make it through the loophole of a non-CBA free agency period.

To put the above figures into perspective, Denver spent approx $112m on contracts this season. So $50m less right now.

What part of we have plenty of cap room don't you understand?