PDA

View Full Version : Jets-Bengals flexed to NBC Sunday Night Football

Bronco LB52
12-27-2009, 07:44 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/27/bengals-jets-matchup-in-week-17-moved-to-late-slot/

The flexible scheduling slot for the Sunday night game in Week 17 has been filled. The NFL announced Sunday the game between the Cincinnati Bengals and New York Jets has been moved from a 1 p.m. ET kickoff to 8:30 p.m. ET and will be aired nationally on NBCís Sunday Night Football.

RhymesayersDU
12-27-2009, 07:45 PM
I guess that whole "12 day" rule is getting tossed out, but considering the playoff implications good move by the league.

Txdonk
12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
We really need Hou to beat NE next week now, otherwise Cin will have nothing to play for by the time their game starts.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
We really need Hou to beat NE next week now, otherwise Cin will have nothing to play for by the time their game starts.

The Pats are 2-5 on the road and Houston still has a miniscule shot at making the playoffs. Also, the only other early game with playoff implications is Pitt-Miami, and I think Houston holds the tiebreaker over them (no H2H, 6-6 conference record) with Houston being 3-1 in common games vs Pitt's 1-3 (Tenn, Cin, and Oak).

Txdonk
12-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Good points....I'm tentatively optimistic about Hou's chances.

But does CIN want that #3 that badly to risk injuries? I'm curious if they have any preference in the 2nd round, INDY or SD. hmm.

The Pats are 2-5 on the road and Houston still has a miniscule shot at making the playoffs. Also, the only other early game with playoff implications is Pitt-Miami, and I think Houston holds the tiebreaker over them (no H2H, 6-6 conference record) with Houston being 3-1 in common games vs Pitt's 1-3 (Tenn, Cin, and Oak).

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Good points....I'm tentatively optimistic about Hou's chances.

But does CIN want that #3 that badly to risk injuries? I'm curious if they have any preference in the 2nd round, INDY or SD. hmm.

Losing by 3 with seconds left @SD just days after Henry passed away? I'm thinking they want a rematch.

LongDongJohnson
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
nice. We will get to see us either make the playoffs or miss the playoffs. The bungles better go all out. Lately bungles have been playing like crap so that worries me

Txdonk
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Just like last year eh? SNL football, that hopeless feeling........the more things change.......

nice. We will get to see us either make the playoffs or miss the playoffs.

RunSilentRunDeep
12-27-2009, 09:13 PM
The NFL lacks integrity in moving the Bengals-Jets to prime time. The Jets could now get TWO free passes to end the season. Flexing the Ravens-Raiders game would have been fair to everyone involved since no other outcomes would affect how those teams play the game and you still have a win-and-in angle.

bronco militia
12-27-2009, 09:22 PM
The NFL lacks integrity in moving the Bengals-Jets to prime time. The Jets could now get TWO free passes to end the season. Flexing the Ravens-Raiders game would have been fair to everyone involved since no other outcomes would affect how those teams play the game and you still have a win-and-in angle.

LOL....**** al davis and the ratbirds