PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Playoff Scenarios

LetsGoBroncos
12-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I thought it got confusing with all the other threads, rumors, etc. so here are the Broncos playoff scenarios.

The first thing you need to know is if the Broncos get in a head to head or 3 way tie with just Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or both, we are out.

Having said that, assuming the Broncos win:

If the Jets lose and Houston wins, the Broncos are in no matter what.

If the Jets lose and Houston loses, Pittsburgh or Baltimore must also lose.

If the Jets win, Houston wins and Baltimore loses, Denver is in regardless of what Pittsburgh does.

If Baltimore and Pittsburgh both lose the Broncos are in no matter what Houston or the Jets do.

I think the most realistic scenario is obviously that the Jets lose to Cincinatti and Houston beats New England. I just can't see Baltimore losing to Oakland, and unless they do this is our only shot.

FantomForce
12-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Thankyou for clearing that up

broncobum6162
12-27-2009, 08:53 PM
At this point, who gives a ****. Our offensive philosophy really sucks and IMHO Orton is really making a lot of bad decisions offensively as far as his progressions and avoiding sacks. I would love to make the playoffs but I'm not sure McD and the team are up to it.
I just haven't seen the effort(Offensively).

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 08:56 PM
If the Jets win and we beat KC then we have the 6th seed over anyone else on Common games.

Broncos dude
12-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I thought it got confusing with all the other threads, rumors, etc. so here are the Broncos playoff scenarios.

The first thing you need to know is if the Broncos get in a head to head or 3 way tie with just Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or both, we are out.

If the Jets win, Houston wins and Baltimore loses, Denver is in regardless of what Pittsburgh does.

If Baltimore and Pittsburgh both lose the Broncos are in no matter what Houston or the Jets do.

I think the most realistic scenario is obviously that the Jets lose to Cincinatti and Houston beats New England. I just can't see Baltimore losing to Oakland, and unless they do this is our only shot.

Im tired of teams of having to lose... The Broncos , just cant do it December ... That is hard to say from me , because im the biggest die hard fan there is

Kid A
12-27-2009, 09:00 PM
I think it is clearer if we state it at three groups of things that need to happen:

1 Broncos win

2 Ravens OR Jets loss

3 Pitt loss OR Houston win

edit:

nevermind. I think a Ravens AND Jets loss would put us in. Look at it as 2 of the 3 (Pitt, Balt, NY) needing to lose, with a Houston win being the same as a Pitt loss.

Blart
12-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Jets have the late game. Steelers have the early game, and Ravens play at the same time as us.

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 09:25 PM
So, I need to wait one more week..We can't seem to win games in Nov or Dec

BigPlayShay
12-27-2009, 09:31 PM
According to Vic Lombardi on CBS4 here are the Scenarios:

Broncos win and 1 of the following occurs:

1. Ravens and Steelers lose
2. Jets win and Ravens lose
3. Jets lose and Texans win
4. Ravens lose and Texans win
5. Jets, Ravens, and Steelers lose

broncobum6162
12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
It would be so much easier if we just won out in December instead of needing help.

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Do you know what will happen if

JETS win + HOU win + BAL win + DEN win.

Do we still get in..I see this happening..

Kid A
12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
It would be so much easier if we just won out in December instead of needing help.

No doubt. But:

Make Playoffs at 10-6 > Make Playoffs at 9-7 > Miss Playoffs at 9-7

First choice is gone. I'd welcome the second.

Kid A
12-27-2009, 10:11 PM

We would not get in, because both the Jets and Ravens control their destinies. So we cannot have them both win.

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 10:13 PM
We would not get in, because both the Jets and Ravens control their destinies. So we cannot have them both win.

That's bad. I don't see how Ravens can lose the game against OAK.
JETS have good defense and Cincy might rest the starters.

It's frustrating that every year we are in the same situation.

bpc
12-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately when has fate EVER helped up in the last 10 or so years? Seriously, fate hates us so much, there is no way to explain how SD eeeked out a win against TB last year.

We're screwed. As we should be. We choked at home against Oakland and their 3rd string QB.

The Ravens will put the screws to us by defeating that same team, which we could not, and the Bengals probably mail it in early and rest starters.

Ain't that about a bitch.

South Stands
12-27-2009, 10:18 PM

If that happens, the #5 seed goes like this:

Houston out on conference record tiebreaker. Jets take #5 seed over Denver and Baltimore based on record against common opponents (4-1 against NE, Cincy, Indy, Oak - Denver would be 3-2, Baltimore 1-4...).

At that point, the process starts over with Denver, Houston and Baltimore. Houston goes out on conference record again, then goes to head-2-head for Denver/Baltimore. Baltimore gets the #6 seed...

Clockwork Orange
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
We're screwed. As we should be. We choked at home against Oakland and their 3rd string QB.

That's the long and short of it really. The Broncos didn't take care of their own business and left it in the hands of others. They let two games get away from them against godawful opponents (Washington & Oakland) that good teams roll up and put neatly in their back pocket.

If they don't make it, they've got no one but themselves to blame and you can spread that blame from the top of the coaching staff throughout the entire roster.

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
If that happens, the #5 seed goes like this:

Houston out on conference record tiebreaker. Jets take #5 seed over Denver and Baltimore based on record against common opponents (4-1 against NE, Cincy, Indy, Oak - Denver would be 3-2, Baltimore 1-4...).

At that point, the process starts over with Denver, Houston and Baltimore. Houston goes out on conference record again, then goes to head-2-head for Denver/Baltimore. Baltimore gets the #6 seed...

We need to hope that Jets lose the game against Cincy that are resting starters..It is not going to happen

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
That's the long and short of it really. The Broncos didn't take care of their own business and left it in the hands of others. They let two games get away from them against godawful opponents (Washington & Oakland) that good teams roll up and put neatly in their back pocket.

If they don't make it, they've got no one but themselves to blame and you can spread that blame from the top of the coaching staff throughout the entire roster.

This is the story of Broncos every year..

Clockwork Orange
12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
This is the story of Broncos every year..

It's like Gary Numan sang in Down In The Park.

"A different face, but the words never change."

cabronco
12-27-2009, 10:32 PM
We need to hope that Jets lose the game against Cincy that are resting starters..It is not going to happen

Plus NY at home. Well its a gloomy outlook, but at least there's a slight chance.

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Plus NY at home. Well its a gloomy outlook, but at least there's a slight chance.

Very difficult chance for us.

JETS are one and done in playoff's.Rex Ryan and Sanchez will get valuable experience which our player's(Bmarsh, Doom, Scheffler is lacking)

We need to wait till sunday night to see if we can make the playoff's or not.