PDA

View Full Version : Guess who got off the plane in Cabo direct from Chicago?

baja
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
At 12:15 today a friend talked to Mike Shanahan on the direct flight from Chicago. My friend is a big Bears fan and he struck up a conversation with Shanny in the immigration line. He asked Mike right out if he was going to coach Chicago. All Mike would say is Chicago has a coach. My friend said Mike was very amenable and they had a pleasant conversation. He doesn't understand why McD doesn't use Hillis more.

baja
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
THERE'S A Good chance the Shanahan will be reunited with Cutler.

Why else would he be coming from Chicago if not interviewing for the Bears job.

ant1999e
12-27-2009, 07:32 PM

We should trade hillis to chicago. Hopefully some shanny/cutler/hillis fans would follow.

Dean
12-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Isn't that were Shanahan is originally from? Didn't he grow up in a suburb of Chicago?

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-27-2009, 07:33 PM
If they were actively interviewing him, it wouldn't be a secret and it wouldn't be on a busy Sunday.

titan
12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Adam Shefter, who has good connections with Shanahan, said on his pregame show on KOA that Shanahan won't be coaching in Houston or in Chicago next year. Shefter said because of Kubiak Houston is out, and that Shanny also has a strong relationship with Lovey Smith. Never heard the Shanny/Smith connection before but that's what Shefter said. Adam thinks Shanny coaching Washington or another nfl team is more likely than shanny coaching houston or chicago next year.

bpc
If Angelo has any type of brain, you hire the guy who brought two super bowls to Denver and helped send Cutler to the pro bowl during only his 2nd full season as a starting QB.

theAPAOps5
If they were interviewing him then Lovie has a very solid grievance. Can't be interviewed until there is a position. Besides Baja, Travishammockery doesn't start until the offseason!

SoCalBronco
12-27-2009, 07:35 PM
I've never heard of any Chicago pizza joint offer turkey as a topping, so I don't think Mike would go there.

ant1999e
If Angelo has any type of brain, you hire the guy who brought two super bowls to Denver and helped send Cutler to the pro bowl during only his 2nd full season as a starting QB.

Better get Elway and TD to come out of retirement.

crawdad
Yeah, Baja, I recall another ruse that you posted about Shanny not too long ago!

baja
Isn't that were Shanahan is originally from? Didn't he grow up in a suburb of Chicago?

You're right that has to be considered a possibility too.

baja
12-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Baja, I recall another ruse that you posted about Shanny not too long ago!

This is no ruse and much of what I said before is true although I do admit to some embellishment ;D

crawdad
12-27-2009, 07:43 PM
This is no ruse and much of what I said before is true although I do admit to some embellishment ;D

Ya think! ;)

broncocalijohn
12-27-2009, 07:43 PM

yeah, i checked the date to see if it was bumped from months ago. BRAND NEW!

bpc
12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Better get Elway and TD to come out of retirement.

No need. Cutler has NFL pro bowl talent, Matt Forte would extremely benefit from Shanahan's ZBS. Chicago doesn't have great offensive linemen, but I think Kruetz could easily play another 4 to 5 years in a west coast offense. Shanahan has made a career out of turning retread offensive line into solid performers. Combine that to the fact that Jay has pretty good pocket awareness, he'll trim their sacks down with a better scheme around him.

colonelbeef
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
At 12:15 today a friend talked to Mike Shanahan on the direct flight from Chicago. My friend is a big Bears fan and he struck up a conversation with Shanny in the immigration line. He asked Mike right out if he was going to coach Chicago. All Mike would say is Chicago has a coach. My friend said Mike was very amenable and they had a pleasant conversation. He doesn't understand why McD doesn't use Hillis more.

haha. Hillis permeates every Broncos conversation.

I wonder if Shanahan misses the Broncos, if his heart is in Denver, or if he is just another professional shark

baja
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM

I wonder if Shanahan misses the Broncos, if his heart is in Denver, or if he is just another professional shark

No,he does truly miss the Broncos but he said he would have fired him too after that season.

daysofcoleco
12-27-2009, 08:05 PM

Leprechaun Convention?

bombay

Yes, Oak Lawn. Southern Suburb.

Perhaps he still has a relationship with his family.

baja
BTW he thinks McD is going to do great things in Denver.

baja
12-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Leprechaun Convention?

That's only on even years...

DenverBrit
12-27-2009, 08:09 PM

His 35,000 sq foot, monument to excess is in Denver....and his new restaurant.

Maybe his heart follows his wallet? ;D

ZONA
12-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Ahh, the sweet life of Mike Shanahan. Being paid millions to relax on the beaches of Cabo. Nice.

KevinJames
12-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Too bad the Bears won't fire Lovie Smith

pretty sure Shanny is going to the Redskins.

Bronco Yoda
12-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Too bad the Bears won't fire Lovie Smith

pretty sure Shanny is going to the Redskins.

Why? Who gives a crap about the bears, Jay Crybaby or even Shanahan for that matter. None are Broncos so none matter for all I'm concerned.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-28-2009, 03:38 AM
All aboard the light rail.

Broncoman13
12-28-2009, 04:49 AM
If they were interviewing him then Lovie has a very solid grievance. Can't be interviewed until there is a position. Besides Baja, Travishammockery doesn't start until the offseason!

So what about Zorn then... He's had the rug yanked out from under him. He gets to listen in on all the playcalls and shake or nod his head, not that they'd listen to him.. and they've interview Shanny twice now. So I guess he has a grievance as well???

Cito Pelon
12-28-2009, 06:49 AM

Has your pal talked to Jim Morrison or the Lindhberg baby lately?

rastaman
12-28-2009, 06:53 AM

Doesn't his parents live in Chicago? Its just a coincidence IMHO, its not certain he will be a Bears coach in 2010.

baja
12-28-2009, 07:02 AM
I don't know what it means but the story is true that part I'm sure about.

rastaman
12-28-2009, 07:06 AM
If Mike ca't get the deal and team he wants to coach, I can see Shanny sitting out one or more seasons before returning to coaching b/c Bowlen will still owe him 7.0 million bucks in 2010 and in 2011.

Surely Lovee Smith can't remain the Bears HC if 2010 and or 2011 the Bears miss the playoffs.

Just saying.

Meck77
12-28-2009, 07:14 AM
I don't know what it means but the story is true that part I'm sure about.

This is what I'm sure about. This thread belongs here.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8724/fatassn.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/fatassn.jpg/)

baja
12-28-2009, 07:23 AM
This is what I'm sure about. This thread belongs here.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8724/fatassn.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/fatassn.jpg/)

Why it is a simple truth that Shanahan took a direct flight from to Chicago to Cabo and arrived mid day yesterday.

BTW were those guys able to pull you out of her ass or are you still in there? Whistle something.... I want to hear how in sounds.

Captain 'Dre
12-28-2009, 07:25 AM

To finish the job of destroying the Bears that Jay's already gotten underway? Ha!

Broncos_OTM
12-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Did anybody stop to think maybe shanny had went to visit family for the holidays? for pete sakes.

baja
12-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Did anybody stop to think maybe shanny had went to visit family for the holidays? for pete sakes.

Yes and if you had read the thread you would have known that. ;D

scorpio
12-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Schefter on KOA yesterday said Shanahan will NOT go to the Texans or the Bears because of his friendship with Lovie and of course Kubiak.

gtown
12-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I bet he comes to DC. That sucks for him since Lord Voldemort owns the Skins. Shanny and Snyder together picking mediocre oft-injured players with rap sheets and paying them big $$ is not a recipe for success.

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 10:37 AM

You are mistaken, He went to East Lyden High School and lived in Franklin Park IL. I worked with a guy who went to HS with Shanny, the guy I worked with was 2 years older than Shanny and that Shanny was the school star.

Shanny has a sister who is a nurse in the area who told my Dr about some talk Shanny was giving a few years ago. My Dr went and he knew I was a big Bronco fan so he asked Mike to sign a banner for me. It was really nice of all of them.

Shanny's parents still live in Franklin Park, I am guessing if this thread is true, or has a glimmer of truth that Shanny was coming from Christmas with his parents.

Just imagine a Multi Millionaire, back to back SB winner spending the holidays in his old bed room in Franklin Park!

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Why it is a simple truth that Shanahan took a direct flight from to Chicago to Cabo and arrived mid day yesterday.

BTW were those guys able to pull you out of her ass or are you still in there? Whistle something.... I want to hear how in sounds.

This reminds me of the story I read with my daughter about a boy crying wolf and then desperately trying to convice everyone there is a real wolf outside killing people and eating babies.

LOL

bombay
12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
You are mistaken, He went to East Lyden High School and lived in Franklin Park IL. I worked with a guy who went to HS with Shanny, the guy I worked with was 2 years older than Shanny and that Shanny was the school star.

Shanny has a sister who is a nurse in the area who told my Dr about some talk Shanny was giving a few years ago. My Dr went and he knew I was a big Bronco fan so he asked Mike to sign a banner for me. It was really nice of all of them.

Shanny's parents still live in Franklin Park, I am guessing if this thread is true, or has a glimmer of truth that Shanny was coming from Christmas with his parents.

Just imagine a Multi Millionaire, back to back SB winner spending the holidays in his old bed room in Franklin Park!

Whatever, Glen Grunwald breath.

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Whatever, Glen Grunwald breath.

Gene Kranz! You got that wrong also.

LOL

bombay
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
If naming the only East Leyden grad I am aware of is wrong, I don't want to be right.

broncocalijohn
12-28-2009, 10:59 AM

My wife's family is from there as Burbank as well. Big time Sox fans. Anyways, my wife's cousin told my father in law yesterday that indeed Shanny was in town and saw him but not in Oak Lawn. He saw him in the metro area of Chicago. He said he didnt seem to informal as he had a business suit and was with another guy in a suit. I should call him as I think it could be none other than Slowick! Baja, you might be on tho something. :thanku:

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 11:45 AM
My wife's family is from there as Burbank as well. Big time Sox fans. Anyways, my wife's cousin told my father in law yesterday that indeed Shanny was in town and saw him but not in Oak Lawn. He saw him in the metro area of Chicago. He said he didnt seem to informal as he had a business suit and was with another guy in a suit. I should call him as I think it could be none other than Slowick! Baja, you might be on tho something. :thanku:

Shanny was in Burbank? Maybe he went to Mr Submarine and then to the Brookfield zoo to check out the lights.

bombay
12-28-2009, 12:04 PM

She has family in Burbank? I 'grew up' not far from there in LaGrange. We were down in Oak Lawn all the time because Mother McCauley was down there. Couldn't have gotten through high school (L.T.) without all those good catholic girls.

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
She has family in Burbank? I 'grew up' not far from there in LaGrange. We were down in Oak Lawn all the time because Mother McCauley was down there. Couldn't have gotten through high school (L.T.) without all those good catholic girls.

You have horses? Lagrange is full of horse farms.

bombay
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Nope. Roughly 43rd and Waiola. Three blocks from Stone Avenue metra stop.

baja
12-28-2009, 01:14 PM
This reminds me of the story I read with my daughter about a boy crying wolf and then desperately trying to convice everyone there is a real wolf outside killing people and eating babies.

LOL

Hey dipshiit do I care if your sorry ass believes the story or not.

baja
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
See beethes I told ya so