PDA

View Full Version : Are pads in TC overrated?

broncosteven
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Does it matter if a team practices in Pads in training camp?

It is not like they helped stop an 0-3 slide near the very end of the season.

Maybe execution, talent, and playcalling help more?

rugbythug
12-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Talent wins late in the season. Ours is less than we think.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I think if the last two seasons have taught us anything, the manner in which you practice in TC has zero effect on how you play 4 months later.

Crushaholic
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
The team is playing with more intensity and guts than the previous years (except for allowing the McNabb run for the 1st). I think pads in TC was a good idea....

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Too many 3 and outs on O and too many times the D can't get off the field.

I am guessing nothing in TC can help if you start off in a 0 - 10 or 0 - 21 hole. If they play a complete game they could be a real playoff team, not a team that backs into the playoffs with help.

Either way next year will show if we take a step forward or a step backward.

TheDave
12-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but their tough... ;D

Sorry, had to do it.

jmz313
12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, the tackling this season has been 1000 times better then the last few with shanny. Must be the pads.

oubronco
12-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Alot has too do with the Playcalling

WAY too many screens and short routes

Teams don't respect the long ball because we don't do it

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Alot has too do with the Playcalling

WAY too many screens and short routes

Teams don't respect the long ball because we don't do it

When we do it and get the one on one match up the ball hangs so long that the CB can recover and make a play on it.

houghtam
12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
I wonder if us not going with longer routes has anything to do with Orton having about 1.5 seconds to throw.

Probably not.

DenverBrit
12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Talent wins late in the season. Ours is less than we think.

That's it in a nutshell. :thumbsup:

KevinJames
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
How can you even question us being in pads in training camp.

The D is in the top 5 and with the chiefs coming into town we will probably finish in the top 5 how many of us really would have thought that was possible coming into this year......

sure we had a hot start but people forget this is the first year for most of the players, coaches and staff on the team, anyone who wasn't bracing for a possible stumble was drinking too much kool-aid.

We were in every game this year I don't remember the last time that even happened ....... remember when we got blown out by the Lions and never fought back just took it on the chin? I don't sense that with this team when we get down we try and bounce back the face of this team has changed and changed for the better.

we just need better players specifically on offense.

cabronco
12-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I wonder if us not going with longer routes has anything to do with Orton having about 1.5 seconds to throw.

Probably not.

At the beginning of the season before Ryan Harris got hurt, Orton had all day back there to go through his progressions. He were still throwing to the shallow routes. If nothing else during a game, you may get a PI call against the defense ! Why not try a long ball a few times a game at least. You know how well the refs make calls....hell go for it, especially when you got a guy like Marshall on your team. I hate this dink/dunk offense, reminds me of the Griese era.

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 01:02 PM
How can you even question us being in pads in training camp.

The D is in the top 5 and with the chiefs coming into town we will probably finish in the top 5 how many of us really would have thought that was possible coming into this year......

sure we had a hot start but people forget this is the first year for most of the players, coaches and staff on the team, anyone who wasn't bracing for a possible stumble was drinking too much kool-aid.

We were in every game this year I don't remember the last time that even happened ....... remember when we got blown out by the Lions and never fought back just took it on the chin? I don't sense that with this team when we get down we try and bounce back the face of this team has changed and changed for the better.

we just need better players specifically on offense.

During the 4 game losing streak we were avg 10 points per game with the SD loss being a total blowout.

8 Sun Nov. 1 at Baltimore M&T Bank Stadium L 30-7 CBS
9 Mon Nov. 9 VS. PITTSBURGH INVESCO Field at Mile High L 28-10 ESPN
10 Sun Nov.15 at Washington FedEx Field L 27-17 CBS
11 Sun Nov.22 VS. SAN DIEGO INVESCO Field at Mile High L 32-3

I guess the fact that we are only losing by 12, 1, and 3 makes it worth pads?

PRBronco
12-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Does it matter if a team practices in Pads in training camp?

It is not like they helped stop an 0-3 slide near the very end of the season.

Maybe execution, talent, and playcalling help more?

For all we know we wouldn't have had the 6-0 start if they hadn't practiced in pads.

broncosteven
12-28-2009, 06:00 PM
For all we know we wouldn't have had the 6-0 start if they hadn't practiced in pads.

Or the tip drill