PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so mad THIS week?

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Sure we lost, but we travel horribly to the east coast and played pretty well against a tough play-off team.

Honestly, I think it's a hangover delayed rage from last week where we really screwed the pooch.

Regardless, Denver's still alive. Deep breaths. If we get to the playoffs and play in them like we did in the 2nd half today, we can absolutely win some games.

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh, and I won 300 on the game, so that's cool too. :thumbs:

Greatspirits
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm still not over the Raider loss!!

Broncos123
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Agreed. it would be nice to put 4 quarters together. They have at times and when they do we are unbeatable. Hopefully we can squeck in the playoffs

SonOfLe-loLang
12-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Im not sure its rage over this loss in particular as much as a complete second half collapse....again

WABronco
12-27-2009, 05:17 PM
A bunch of procrastinating ragers.

Elway777
12-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Want makes me mad is the Colts handing the playoff to the Jets.

Bronx33
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Another week of piss poor play calling ( just aweful) how about ending the play on the other side of the first down marker MCD. ( JUST A THOUGHT)

Denver724
12-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Do we have to count on the Raiders beating the Ravens to make it? If so, I don't see us making it. We failed last week and today we could not close the door. Next week will be battle. Don't expect a blowout with this team. Starting 6-0 and going 2-7 is totaly ****ing unacceptable and McD needs to be held accountable. This is my problem with this season. Epic fail over the last 9 games. And it's absolute bull****!

mhgaffney
12-27-2009, 05:29 PM
at least we had a white Christmas

NYBronco
12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
McD did a great job getting this team together in the second half. They fell short but had there been a few less dropped balls by our receivers and a senseless Stokely ejection then maybe the Bronocs win this one.

Bronx33
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Somebody! used the little round decorative soaps in our bathroom! thats what really has me pissed!

TonyR
12-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Valid point, Rev. In the grand scheme of things if we win the game we should have won this one wouldn't have mattered as much. But I live in Eagles territory so I'm actually more upset about this one. Plus it just happened.

broncosteven
12-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Do we have to count on the Raiders beating the Ravens to make it? If so, I don't see us making it. We failed last week and today we could not close the door. Next week will be battle. Don't expect a blowout with this team. Starting 6-0 and going 2-7 is totaly ****ing unacceptable and McD needs to be held accountable. This is my problem with this season. Epic fail over the last 9 games. And it's absolute bull****!

The 5-9 raiders just lost, LOST, to the 3-11 Browns. Don't hold your breath on them beating the Ravens.

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Sure we lost, but we travel horribly to the east coast and played pretty well against a tough play-off team.

Honestly, I think it's a hangover delayed rage from last week where we really screwed the pooch.

Regardless, Denver's still alive. Deep breaths. If we get to the playoffs and play in them like we did in the 2nd half today, we can absolutely win some games.

I agree 100% Rev. There is nothing to be ashamed about with this loss and we're not finished yet.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Last year's team with Boy Wonder under center would have quit after going down 27-10 early in the 3rd, I'm proud that this year's team didn't.

TheReverend
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Last year's team with Boy Wonder under center would have quit after going down 27-10 early in the 3rd, I'm proud that this year's team didn't.

Most likely, but there was that Brown's game too...

bronco militia
12-27-2009, 08:27 PM

I feel like the broncos lost twice today...they were getting stomped 27-10, and then came back only to lose by three

**** this offense

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 08:30 PM
The 5-9 raiders just lost, LOST, to the 3-11 Browns. Don't hold your breath on them beating the Ravens.

4 of their wins are Philly, Den, Cincy, and Pittsburgh. Oakland has talent, they're just an absolutely dysfunctional team that you don't know what you're going to get week in and week out.

Popps
12-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I can't explain why this loss hurt worse than last week. Maybe because I thought the effort was so much better. Last week, we were the victims of being a little flat, and a ton of plain old bad luck. This week, we got a few breaks... played a great, gutsy game and had momentum going into what should have been a late-game win.

That holding call was just a back-breaker. Instead of 1st down around our 25, we're giving them the ball back.

This loss stung. I was proud of the team, but it ****ing stung.

bronco militia
12-27-2009, 09:18 PM
I can't explain why this loss hurt worse than last week. Maybe because I thought the effort was so much better. Last week, we were the victims of being a little flat, and a ton of plain old bad luck. This week, we got a few breaks... played a great, gutsy game and had momentum going into what should have been a late-game win.

That holding call was just a back-breaker. Instead of 1st down around our 25, we're giving them the ball back.

IMO, last week was worse

go_broncos
12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I still can't believe that we lost to Raiders..
This franchise is cursed(loss to OAK,BUF,SF etc).
I believed in this team after 6-0.I thought Mcd is different.But, to see the same old broncos hurts.

This loss hurts because we came close to winning..If it is a blowout, there is no need to think 'What if' scenarios.

After the game is over, I keep thinking the chances that we missed.

hambone13
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM

It was a very exciting game to watch but I felt like a chiefs fan in a critical game w/ Elway against 'em, not very optimistic. Our offense does not bleed confidence...Philly's does. Hate to admit it but after McNabb's 25 yard 1st down, I knew it was over. Can't win when your opponent's QB is capable of a play like that.

2KBack
12-27-2009, 09:29 PM

I don't know about having bad luck last week and not this week. I mean a deflected ball right to the reciever in the endzone? A QB scramble for 27 yards on 3rd and 25? Of course you can't blame luck for the flag happy refs.

strafen
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Want makes me mad is the Colts handing the playoff to the Jets.Yeah, i was wondering about that.
I was wondering if by doing so they would be screwing a team they reall don't want to play in the play-offs. Hmm?!

2KBack
12-27-2009, 09:31 PM
It was a very exciting game to watch but I felt like a chiefs fan in a critical game w/ Elway against 'em, not very optimistic. Our offense does not bleed confidence...Philly's does. Hate to admit it but after McNabb's 25 yard 1st down, I knew it was over. Can't win when your opponent's QB is capable of a play like that.

You mean running ahead with a wide open field? McNabb's a good QB, but there was nothing but open space for him.

24champ
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I understand it is a very tough loss for all of us, disappointed doesn't describe my feelings for this team. Some on here will sugar coat the loss with a moral victory with the likes of "least they fought hard". You got to fight hard for 60 minutes, not 30. After last weeks embarrassment, you'd think they would come out sharper than they did.

Others will blame the referees. There's bad calls every game, good teams find ways to overcome them. Stokely's actions against that referee also was disappointing to watch, being the veteran he is, he should have just went to the sidelines. Stupid call, I agree, but again he put himself in that position. Don't run up to the referees. Just a stupid thing to do.

I've seen most of the excuses on here tonight, and we got nobody to blame but the Broncos. The coaches and players put themselves in this position again. The position of another epic choke. Broncos on track to be the third team in NFL HISTORY to miss the playoffs after flying out the gates going 6-0. I'm not going to get myself worked up over the tiebreakers, either we're in or not. We had several chances to sew up a playoff spot.

Also way too many negative posts about Orton tonight. I certainly don't think he is the QBOTF, from what I have seen of him, he looks like a stopgap type QB in the big picture. He's limited in some areas, but suprisingly pretty efficient and a leader.

Yes, I could be wrong, and Orton takes off next season with his experience under McD. Lets be honest, McD's system of offense isn't easy to learn, similiar to ex-coach Shanahan. Usually takes 3 years to learn the systems completely. He's not going anywhere, and Broncos should sign him to a short term deal. He's already played hurt pretty much all season, and the Broncos need some stability at the QB position.

Bronco Yoda
12-28-2009, 03:06 AM
It's a result of the collective suckage! Only gets worse the more suck you add.

Cito Pelon
12-28-2009, 07:01 AM

'Mad' in the loopy/deranged sense, or 'mad' in the angry sense?

I'm not all that angry. Disappointed, frustrated and disgusted at missed opportunities, yes. Or is that the same as angry?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Most likely, but there was that Brown's game too...

I can see how it's similar, Boy Wonder needed to mount a comeback against a team that ended up 4-12 compared to yesterday's game against a 10-4 division leader.

oubronco
12-28-2009, 08:05 AM

Maybe because we will most likely miss the playoffs after starting out 6-0

gtown
12-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Losing to the Raiders at home by a point is maddening.

Losing to the Eagles, who are the NFCs version of the Chargers, is to be expected, especially in their house.

At least we made it a game yesterday. Last week we let Charlie Frye and Jamarcus Russell salvage their careers.