PDA

View Full Version : Next week

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 05:08 PM
is pretty clear. The following must happen:

1) We must win. (Clearly not a given at this point).

2) Pittsburgh must lose at Miami (50/50 chance)

3) NY Jets must lose vs Cincinnati (50/50 chance)

I'd say the odds are about 1 in 3 that those all happen. Of course you could add the Oakland beats Baltimore, but let's be realistic :)

SonOfLe-loLang
12-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Doubt 2/3 happen. The jets are gonna get a cinci team that probably rests its players. And idont think there's a chance in hell Pitt loses.

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Doubt 2/3 happen. The jets are gonna get a cinci team that probably rests its players. And idont think there's a chance in hell Pitt loses.

Hard to know how teams will play. Miami has a lot of fight in them and Pittsburgh can have turnover fits. Cincy still has things to play for and the sanchise could throw 5 INTs against that D.

We give Denver crap (as fans we are hard on our team), but let's be honest, all these teams are 8 - 7 for a reason. You simply don't know what to expect from these teams week to week.

Pittsburgh plays up and down and makes a ton of turnovers.

NYJ are a turnover machine. Cincy CAN stop the run.

Baltimore takes WAY too many penalties in critical situations. They make Denver look disciplined.

OBF1
12-27-2009, 05:25 PM
The only chance we have, and it looks like a 50/50 chance to me is that we beat the chiefs. Steelers and the Jets both will win so it really does not matter at all.

Elway777
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't think the Pittsburgh game matters. But either the Jets or Baltimore have to lose and both are unlikely.

ZONA
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm usually all for the mentality of making the playoffs because you never know. BUT.......the way our Oline is blocking right now, I don't think we would even stand a chance against anybody in the playoffs. Honestly, all making the playoffs would do us shut up the McD haters for awhile and cost us better draft status in the middle rounds. I still would prefer to make the playoffs but certainly my expectations would be that we would lose immediately.

UberBroncoMan
12-27-2009, 06:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Right now we're the highest seeded Wild Card team... rofl.

This site confuses me because based on what it's saying... if we win next week we're in the playoffs because we own the tiebreaker with all the teams if we have more than 2 at the same record at us.