PDA

View Full Version : The official Indy hate thread

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I hope you lose your first game in the playoffs.... again!

You play to win the game. Where's the integrity of your team?

briane
12-27-2009, 05:11 PM
who wouldnt want to be undefeated....bench manning when you are up by 5 and go with painter??? manning doesnt get hurt.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 05:12 PM
who wouldnt want to be undefeated....bench manning when you are up by 5 and go with painter??? manning doesnt get hurt.

Manning who has never been injured. I hope the Chargers RAPE them.

bronco militia
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
You play to win the game!

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
They have 3 weeks til they play a meaningful game again. Plenty of time to get healthy. More importantly, too long to shut it down.

Finger Roll
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
if I were a colts fan and went to the game I would of been pissed. What a waste of time and money for the fans that went to the game

Popps
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
I hope this bites them.

spdirty
12-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I hope they get their asses kicked in their first playoff game. ****in penis heads.

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 05:32 PM
if I were a colts fan and went to the game I would of been pissed. What a waste of time and money for the fans that went to the game

Very true. It's bad enough they make you pay full price for preseason. Now you have two more preseason games.

yavoon
12-27-2009, 05:33 PM
the only time the colts ever won a superbowl was when they played the season out. everytime they've sat on their asses for the last month of the season they've been boned.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2009, 05:36 PM
we should have beat them and then the Raiders to not even worry about them sitting out their players. Our fault, not theirs.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Its a ****ing joke.

YOU OWE IT TO HISTORY TO GO FOR AN UNDEFEATED SEASON.

What jokes, **** them.

I hope they lose in their first game, spineless assholes.

Kid A
12-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Loser move. Unacceptable move. Seriously, if I'm a Colts fan I never forgive Caldwell for this. Ever. There isn't even any logic behind it. Protect Manning...by having him sit one quarter? Inexplicable.

Disgusting, really.

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 06:03 PM
we should have beat them and then the Raiders to not even worry about them sitting out their players. Our fault, not theirs.

Look, they don't owe the Denver Broncos jack ****. But they owe it to the rest of the NFL, paying fans, and sportsmanship to try and win the game. Period.

What's worse, their record in this circumstance is AWFUL. They owe it to themselves and to their fans to try and give themselves the best chance to win a Super Bowl. And shutting it down is not their best chance.

So, I hope they get what they deserve.

DomCasual
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
I like Manning a lot. I've never gotten the crazy hate so many here have for him.

That said, you have a chance to go down in history by doing something almost impossible. Doing so gives you immortality in sports. You've got a QB that never gets hurt.

I went from feeling like I could really pull for them in the playoffs to hoping they lose. What a joke.

It probably screwed us, too.

RhymesayersDU
12-27-2009, 06:11 PM
This thread is moronic, mainly because I guarantee you that if Manning were to blow out his knee or something, all you same people would be saying "the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, they should have pulled Manning to avoid this."

The ONLY good argument I've heard regarding the Colts is that the year they didn't rest their guys they won the Superbowl, and the years they did rest their guys they didn't. That is a legitimate argument.

The rest of this "they owe history and sportsmanship and blah blah blah" stuff is 100% irrelevant.

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 06:12 PM
I like Manning a lot. I've never gotten the crazy hate so many here have for him.

Looking at Manning's body language, I think he completely disagreed with how they approached it. He's too classy to call out his coach, but his face said it all.

WABronco
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Not that we should be bitching about Indy throwin in the towel (more like suiciding over the fact that we somehow allowed the Jets to control their destiny.>>THE ****ING JETS AND REX RYAN), but ya I was in disbelief on that one. I mean, are you trying to make a point......by losing the game?

Requiem
12-27-2009, 06:17 PM
The Denver Broncos have nobody but themselves to blame for losing 7 out of the last 9 games they've played. That is pathetic. All they had to do was win four out of ten games and they could not even achieve that. Losing to the Redskins and Raiders was insulting.

WABronco
12-27-2009, 06:20 PM
This thread is moronic, mainly because I guarantee you that if Manning were to blow out his knee or something, all you same people would be saying "the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, they should have pulled Manning to avoid this."

The ONLY good argument I've heard regarding the Colts is that the year they didn't rest their guys they won the Superbowl, and the years they did rest their guys they didn't. That is a legitimate argument.

The rest of this "they owe history and sportsmanship and blah blah blah" stuff is 100% irrelevant.

Why the **** would anyone think he gets injured at that exact point in the game, or any point after? History would say he's got a better chance of being injured tripping over a gatorade cup on the sideline.

Orange4Life
12-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Thats gutless football right there. You have a chance to be immortal in the football world and you fall on your sword.

People hate the pats but no one can accuse them of being a bunch of gutless pussies. IF Indy wins it now they will be just be another super bowl team

OBF1
12-27-2009, 06:22 PM
How about this angle ladies.....

Colts show they can beat the Jets easy with Manning in the game. Put in Painter and the rest of the scrubs and you know you lose and the Jets now control thier destiny meaning that either Baltimore or Pittsburgh do not make the playoffs.

Who would you rather face, The Jets of Balt/Pitts???

The Colts tilted the balance of power in their favor by taking the loss, Pretty damn smart call if you axe me.

Kid A
12-27-2009, 06:23 PM

1) If they wanted to protect Manning (who has zero history of injury problems) don't start him to begin with.

2) Going 19-0>>>>Winning a Super Bowl. A team wins the Super Bowl every year and will continue to for the rest of NFL history. Only one team has ever gone undefeated, and no team has ever gone 19-0. Sports is about competition and proving you are the best. Winning the Super Bowl is special because it you go down in history as the best team that year. Going undefeated marks you in history as probably THE best team ever.

If the Colts win the SB, I'm sure everyone in Indy will be plenty happy. But knowing they passed up a very, very realistic shot at immortality would haunt me as a Colts fan.

I mean, really what are the reasons the team and players want to win any game? It brings them joy, pride, and a sense of accomplishment. Getting a shot at 19-0 would be the pinnacle of that. Throwing that away (and in doing so pissing off lots of your players and fans) makes zero sense in any way.

Loser, gutless move in many ways, but also very little logic involved given Indy's history when the sit players and the fact that they waited until the 4th to "protect" their players.

DomCasual
12-27-2009, 06:26 PM
There are 42 teams that have won Lombardi Trophies. There is one 1972 Dolphins team. Winning a Lombardi Trophy makes you the best team in the NFL for that season - an incredible accomplishment. Winning it while going undefeated makes you one of the best teams in any sport in any season.

So yeah - why would anyone aspire to be historically great at something?

WABronco
12-27-2009, 06:26 PM
How about this angle ladies.....

Colts show they can beat the Jets easy with Manning in the game. Put in Painter and the rest of the scrubs and you know you lose and the Jets now control thier destiny meaning that either Baltimore or Pittsburgh do not make the playoffs.

Who would you rather face, The Jets of Balt/Pitts???

The Colts tilted the balance of power in their favor by taking the loss, Pretty damn smart call if you axe me.

Solid point.

But I'm not sure if tryin to go all strategery on the seeding against playing to WIN, when you're going to face a garbage team regardless in the 2nd round.....idk.

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 06:30 PM

Not true. Seeing as how you have never met me, you can't guarantee anything I think or believe. Peyton could blow his knee in the first half of a playoff game as well. You cannot predict these things. But in the end, they are LOW PROBABILITY events. It's like saying there's a 1% chance I get in a car accident within 1 mile of my home, so I just won't leave my house. Silly line of thinking. Besides, if your concern is getting Manning hurt, why play him 40 minutes?

But what you do know is the fact that every other time Indy has tried this, they have FAILED.

RhymesayersDU
12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
1) If they wanted to protect Manning (who has zero history of injury problems) don't start him to begin with.

2) Going 19-0>>>>Winning a Super Bowl. A team wins the Super Bowl every year and will continue to for the rest of NFL history. Only one team has ever gone undefeated, and no team has ever gone 19-0. Sports is about competition and proving you are the best. Winning the Super Bowl is special because it you go down in history as the best team that year. Going undefeated marks you in history as probably THE best team ever.

If the Colts win the SB, I'm sure everyone in Indy will be plenty happy. But knowing they passed up a very, very realistic shot at immortality would haunt me as a Colts fan.

I mean, really what are the reasons the team and players want to win any game? It brings them joy, pride, and a sense of accomplishment. Getting a shot at 19-0 would be the pinnacle of that. Throwing that away (and in doing so pissing off lots of your players and fans) makes zero sense in any way.

Loser, gutless move in many ways, but also very little logic involved given Indy's history when the sit players and the fact that they waited until the 4th to "protect" their players.

Here's the thing. I agree with you about 19-0. It's immortal, etc. I was rooting hard for New England that one year because as a sports fan I wanted to see that happen in my lifetime. This year I was rooting hard for an 18-0 vs. 18-0 Saints/Colts SuperBowl. So I'm not trying to discount 19-0. It'd be legendary. I hope to see it one day.

But I guess what I am saying is, I believe the Colts have earned the right to make the decision for themselves, and I just don't think they "owe" anybody anything.

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
But I guess what I am saying is, I believe the Colts have earned the right to make the decision for themselves, and I just don't think they "owe" anybody anything.

You are right about it in the sense that they don't owe the Denver Broncos anything. They do owe it to their fans that paid full price to watch the game. They owe it to the integrity of the sport because more than 1 team's playoff chances hang in the balance. Most importantly, considering that it's never worked for them in the past, they owe it to themselves to play hard through out the season and going for it instead of shutting it down.

It's just wrong that the Jets are the worst of the teams at 8 -7 (IMO) and this trashy win could propel them in. You could make an argument that it will impact the entire playoffs because they may not be the most competitive team available to play.

RhymesayersDU
12-27-2009, 06:44 PM
They do owe it to their fans that paid full price to watch the game.
No, they don't.

They owe it to the integrity of the sport because more than 1 team's playoff chances hang in the balance.
No, they don't.

Most importantly, considering that it's never worked for them in the past, they owe it to themselves to play hard through out the season and going for it instead of shutting it down.
This I'm more inclined to agree with. IMO the only solid argument in this whole debate.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Look, they don't owe the Denver Broncos jack ****. But they owe it to the rest of the NFL, paying fans, and sportsmanship to try and win the game. Period.

What's worse, their record in this circumstance is AWFUL. They owe it to themselves and to their fans to try and give themselves the best chance to win a Super Bowl. And shutting it down is not their best chance.

So, I hope they get what they deserve.

i dont disagree with you from that as you describe, but when you b**** on a team when we could have just beat the Raiders is laughable. I agree the Colts should have kept playing. Hell, Manning never gets hurt. It is a sissy move but they owe US nothing, they owe their fans everything.

Peoples Champ
12-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Manning who has never been injured. I hope the Chargers RAPE them.

Ya, manning never gets hit. Everytime someone gets close to sack him he just falls to the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QbtNYC0-FM

SouthStndJunkie
12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
It's bull**** for the fans as well.

You ****er them into paying top dollar for preseason tickets and then you bench everyone in a regular season game with history on the line.

If I were a Colts fan and paid for a plane ticket, hotel reservations, parking, and game tickets....and in the 3rd quarter see that they packed it in, I would be super pissed.

The economy is bad and people are spending their few expendable dollars on the team and then you bend them over and **** them in the ass.

RhymesayersDU
12-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Oh boo hoo.

Look, I can apprciate that the NFL experience is expensive. I live out of town and my trips to Denver for a game or 2 aren't cheap.

With that said, I'd give anything for the Broncos to be in that positoon. I would trade places with a Colts fan everyday of the week. Anybody complaining about being a fan of a 14-1 team can gladly trade places with me. I flew out to Denver last week for the Raider game. THAT was a farce. You'll excuse me if my heart doesn't bleed for Colys fans.

Rausch 2.0
12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Indy hate.

Nice.

Something KC and Denver fans can both agree on...

Triplelefthook
12-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I have lots of Indy hate. It's mostly sour grapes because they continue to kick our @ss every year and the bigger the game is the more convincingly they annihilate us. I hate Manning too, mostly because he is responsible for this.

I really don't care that Indy screwed teh Broncos by tanking it yesterday - the Broncos should have beaten the Raiders and the Redskins beforehand to capitalize on their strong start and control their own destiny.

I hope Indy loses their first game in the playoffs and remains teh greatest regular season dynasty of all time. Not only did they only win a SB when they played to the end - they also got very lucky in playing one of the weakest group of teams i have ever seen on their way to the "title."

And they also played fake crowd noise in their dome until they got caught, screw the colts

Hogan11
12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
They mailed the game in....nothing is more dispicable than that other than the people who support such actions.

Northman
12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Word is the players wanted to play. From what i understand it was the coach and owners call.

Old Dude
12-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Sometimes what goes around comes around.

1985. The Broncos headed into the final week with a 10-5 record. To make the playoffs, they needed to beat the Seahawks which they did (and that put them at 11-5.)

They also needed either Cincinnati or Cleveland to win. The Bengals played hard, but lost. The frigging Browns rested several starters in the second half and made the most minimal efforts to win. Adding insult to the injury was that their 8-8 record was good enough to win their division.

I remember the Browns players on the sidelines, joking, laughing, goofing around.

Paybacks in 86 and 87 though ... :)

bloodsunday
12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
What makes this worse is that there is a very real chance that the NY Jets play Cincy under EXACTLY the same circumstances again on Sunday Night.

What would say about the NFL if the Jets get in the playoffs because teams lay down for them 2 weeks in a row? (Both teams that likely would beat them on most Sundays.) Just asking. Maybe it says Cincy wants to play the Jets in the first round?

Hogan11
12-28-2009, 11:40 PM
What makes this worse is that there is a very real chance that the NY Jets play Cincy under EXACTLY the same circumstances again on Sunday Night.

What would say about the NFL if the Jets get in the playoffs because teams lay down for them 2 weeks in a row? (Both teams that likely would beat them on most Sundays.) Just asking. Maybe it says Cincy wants to play the Jets in the first round?

Sincy is overrated, period. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Jets not only beat them, but beat them badly in the first round.

Mark it down...if the Jets end up playing them, it'll be a "lock"

tsiguy96
12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Sincy is overrated, period. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Jets not only beat them, but beat them badly in the first round.

Mark it down...if the Jets end up playing them, it'll be a "lock"

look at your avatar, to say you are biased is putting it lightly. cincy swept (i think) AFCN this year, they are no joke. they may not be elite talent but they are damn good and if they play like they should, jets dont have a chance. from what i understand, they arent pussies and dont rest players.

bpc
12-29-2009, 12:01 AM
LMAO. I figured the apologists would be bringing this **** to the table this week.

It's the Colts fault we're on the outside looking in for the playoffs now...

2-7 over the last nine!!!!!! One of the most un-clutch franchise performances EVER!

Hogan11
12-29-2009, 12:16 AM
look at your avatar, to say you are biased is putting it lightly. cincy swept (i think) AFCN this year, they are no joke. they may not be elite talent but they are damn good and if they play like they should, jets dont have a chance. from what i understand, they arent pussies and dont rest players.

Just wait till this Sunday.

....and that Jet defense is no joke either. Look at those Sincy victories against their division, most were by 3 points...not really all that impressive. They were more lucky than good this season. Sorry, they are overrated and a prime canadate for an early playoff exit.

I'll smile when it happens, believe that. :approve:

watermock
12-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Don't blame Indy for our second half disaster.

We allready lost to Oakland at home.

Likely our fate will be allready decided by kickoff.

Worst second half EVER!

But to quote Poops, "finish strong..."

LRtagger
12-29-2009, 08:31 AM

Indy did it to us in 04. We played them in week 17 and they rested their starters. We had to win to get into the playoffs. The seeding was already established, so everyone knew if we won the game we would have to play them in the first round. We won the game easily...then played them the next week against their starters and they annihilated us.

Then the Pats romped them in the second round.

Gort
12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
They have 3 weeks til they play a meaningful game again. Plenty of time to get healthy. More importantly, too long to shut it down.

could somebody please send Brian Griese's dog to visit with Manning. i like irony.

WolfpackGuy
12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
The Colts earned the right to do whatever they want.

go_broncos
12-29-2009, 10:50 AM
It's Indy's problem.looks like we are frustrated because jets won the game.
Just imagine, teams in NFC east think about AFC west.
SD and DEN gets to play OAK and KC twice each year.

Yet, DEN can't win against Russell..We need to think about our team failures before worrying about Indy and their fans.

Old Dude
12-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Bottom line for me is that if Denver was on a late season surge and I saw the Colts lay down like that, I'd be pretty upset.

But over the last three games I've seen two "noble efforts" sandwiched around an inexcusable stinker, and that's simply not a surge. That's a three-game losing streak. Nor do I see any real help on the way.

So I'm not very optimistic about the playoff chances even if they sneak in. I'm far more upset about the loss to Oakland than anything the Colts did or didn't do.

Dagmar
12-29-2009, 12:14 PM
LMAO. I figured the apologists would be bringing this **** to the table this week.

It's the Colts fault we're on the outside looking in for the playoffs now...

2-7 over the last nine!!!!!! One of the most un-clutch franchise performances EVER!

Dude, you are beginning to mimic broncofan7 in your posts. Just saying.

Dagmar
12-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Bottom line for me is that if Denver was on a late season surge and I saw the Colts lay down like that, I'd be pretty upset.

But over the last three games I've seen two "noble efforts" sandwiched around an inexcusable stinker, and that's simply not a surge. That's a three-game losing streak. Nor do I see any real help on the way.

So I'm not very optimistic about the playoff chances even if they sneak in. I'm far more upset about the loss to Oakland than anything the Colts did or didn't do.

True, but I believe we could have beaten Cinci. And for only the 2nd playoff victory of the decade, it would have been nice...

Circle Orange
12-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't get all the hand wringing and obsessing over this team and Manning by the media. Outside of Colt fans, who really cares if they go undefeated, win the super bowl, do both or rest players? The endless lovefest and deification of Peyton is tiresome beyond words. Dude doesn't even get touched behind the line of scrimmage, he's only been sacked TEN times this year! Any qb will look like a demigod under those circumstances, provided they aren't blind and throw to the right color jersey.

And why is undefeated 'special?' It's already been done, so again, all the media screaming and (Colt) fan reaction is strange. It's only special for the crown prince of the NFL, Peyton Manning, so they can wring more pap stories about his 'greatness.' It's more sport journalism driven than anything else. The way the league throws and scores now, he'll have every record until someone else comes along who throws a lot. Favre could play twenty years at this point and never catch all the 'records' being chased.

And being missed in all this is how everything the Colts do is defined by something the Patriots have already done, which is pathetic. But the howling fools won't stop screaming long enough to see.

yavoon
12-29-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't get all the hand wringing and obsessing over this team and Manning by the media. Outside of Colt fans, who really cares if they go undefeated, win the super bowl, do both or rest players? The endless lovefest and deification of Peyton is tiresome beyond words. Dude doesn't even get touched behind the line of scrimmage, he's only been sacked TEN times this year! Any qb will look like a demigod under those circumstances, provided they aren't blind and throw to the right color jersey.

And why is undefeated 'special?' It's already been done, so again, all the media screaming and (Colt) fan reaction is strange. It's only special for the crown prince of the NFL, Peyton Manning, so they can wring more pap stories about his 'greatness.' It's more sport journalism driven than anything else. The way the league throws and scores now, he'll have every record until someone else comes along who throws a lot. Favre could play twenty years at this point and never catch all the 'records' being chased.

And being missed in all this is how everything the Colts do is defined by something the Patriots have already done, which is pathetic. But the howling fools won't stop screaming long enough to see.

manning is the reason manning doesn't get sacked.

also I, and many others hate the 72 dolphins with the fire of a thousand suns and would love to see a team dethrone them merely so we would never have to hear from them again.