PDA

View Full Version : Sorry... just not a playoff team this season

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Grab a QB who doesnt pee their pants and a tougher enterior line, and we make strides next year. I am proud that they gave us a fun year, but, we just arent good enough yet

rmsanger
12-27-2009, 02:05 PM
I agree, we don't deserve it... But it's definately a possibility that Pitt loses to Miami next week.

Popps
12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Could be. We knew we weren't winning the SB this year. Even a playoff appearance would have been shocking.

Let's see how things play out, but we've clearly got work to do. Hopefully, most of us around here were realistic enough to know that going into the second half of the season.

We just don't have the horses. (No pun intended.) We need a few more impact players.
But, we're building a nice core.

But, this game isn't over. This team won't quit playing, I'll guarantee you that much.

Paladin
12-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Seens toi me that the Oline is not being coached very well, and they are not able to run the O that McD wants to run. Not big enough or what, I don't know. But I think
Dennison is on the hot seat..... Did they sort of pout after Hamilton's demotion? And Harris is being badly missed.....

A good Oline would help The RBs and Orton look better.....

Popps
12-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Coaching or not, the O-line has big problems. That's obvious.

That'll be addressed in the off-season. Bank on it.

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Yup, we suck

Popps
12-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Yup, we suck

No we don't.

We're a decent team.

Philly is just better. I'm not sure why people have such a hard time grasping that.

There are MANY better teams than us this year.

Philly is one of them. If we win, it'll be an upset.

We've got work to do. We don't suck.

broncofan7
12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Could be. We knew we weren't winning the SB this year. Even a playoff appearance would have been shocking.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON.

we were 24-24 the last 3 seasons--we were not he Rams or chiefs--yet a playoff appearance 'would be shocking?'---why is that? I thought we hired McD to IMPROVE as a team....

Because of McDaniel's boneheaded decision to trade Cutler--THAT'S WHY.

Popps
12-27-2009, 02:51 PM

:spit:

That's awesome. Not sure if that's intentional humor, but that's fantastic.

TonyR
12-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Coaching or not, the O-line has big problems. That's obvious.

Yep, when their D is getting pressure with a 3 man rush there are clearly problems. Can't run, and pass protection isn't what you'd expect either.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

---
What does that tell you?

OBF1
12-27-2009, 02:55 PM
We are decent..... Not a good team. From week 8 on we could not play with the better teams in the league and lose way too many to the bad teams. Decent...average, what is the difference???

KipCorrington25
12-27-2009, 02:57 PM
This was a fun year? I think it sucked and the icing on the cake will be when we **** the bed next week and go 8 and 8.

DHallblows
12-27-2009, 02:58 PM

The Cutler that made the Bears worse than they were last year?

go_broncos
YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON.

we were 24-24 the last 3 seasons--we were not he Rams or chiefs--yet a playoff appearance 'would be shocking?'---why is that? I thought we hired McD to IMPROVE as a team....

With cutler, we would have won 2 or 3 games.

broncofan7
:spit:

That's awesome. Not sure if that's intentional humor, but that's fantastic.

well we certainly recognize folly when we see it.....and those of us who are thoughtful and intelligent, also recognize FACTS.

24-24 in the previous 3 seasons....yet a playoff spot would be shocking to you.......what a dolt.

Popps
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
24-24 in the previous 3 seasons....yet a playoff spot would be shocking to you.......what a dolt.

Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend or something?

bloodsunday
12-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Wow. Have you watched any football this year?

broncofan7
12-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend or something?

:rofl: you have a big bag of NOTHING--as usual for you.-- since I am done schooling you on our
Broncos did you want to see those FBI crime stats again so that I could enlighten you on the social ills of our society too? dunce.

Popps
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
:rofl: you have a big bag of NOTHING--as usual for you.-- since I am done schooling you on our
Broncos did you want to see those FBI crime stats again so that I could enlighten you on the social ills of our society too? dunce.

White power!!!

Hilarious!

broncofan7
12-27-2009, 03:18 PM
White power!!!

Hilarious!

not white power DOLT.....more like--the end of political correctness. that is something to aspire to.......

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Why do people miss the obvious? This team was turned over to improve over a couple years. It's a process. If anyone expected playoffs this year and will be disappointed if we miss the playoffs, that on you.
We are a decent team. Slightly better then average. Thats already an improvement over a below average, 7-9 Cutler lead team last season.

2KBack
12-27-2009, 03:20 PM
There are gaping holes on this team, specifically at O-line, Dline, and Punter. They've been there all season. This team also used up all it's good luck early in the season. The breaks have been against Denver the last several games. That said, I think a lot of the holes are fixable in one more offseason.

If we waste a pck on a QB I'll go Orange4Life though, I swear.

broncofan7
12-27-2009, 03:21 PM
White power!!!

Hilarious!

Everyone take note--this internet message board 'GENIUS' has nothing to add to this discussion of his favorite team..........he instead attempts to make personal insults...

Popps
12-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Everyone take note--this internet message board 'GENIUS' has nothing to add to this discussion of his favorite team..........he instead attempts to make personal insults...

If I thought you were capable of football discussion, we'd discuss.

But, you're troll-trash with fantasy-land takes, so... we'll just talk about your White Power rallies.

extralife
12-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Why do people miss the obvious? This team was turned over to improve over a couple years.

we added a bunch of old dudes and traded picks to move up in the draft. how exactly is this "turned over to improve over a couple years?"

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
We're out anyway regardless, Colts Management made sure of that.

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 03:30 PM
No we don't.

We're a decent team.

Philly is just better. I'm not sure why people have such a hard time grasping that.

There are MANY better teams than us this year.

Philly is one of them. If we win, it'll be an upset.

We've got work to do. We don't suck.

Yea, maybe your right, but its very frusterating to see week 1-6 and then week 7-16

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
we added a bunch of old dudes and traded picks to move up in the draft. how exactly is this "turned over to improve over a couple years?"

Well, In the first year, we are gauranteed to have a better record then last year. next year, I would think the goal is to be better then this year.... see how that works?

broncofan7
12-27-2009, 04:18 PM
we added a bunch of old dudes and traded picks to move up in the draft. How exactly is this "turned over to improve over a couple years?"

exactly.