PDA

View Full Version : So, who do we need to lose??

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Miami, Pitt, Jax right?????

broncocalijohn
12-27-2009, 09:28 AM
better Denver just wins to make it easier.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2009, 09:30 AM

Yes, but Miami/Pitt/Jax would all help if they lost.

cabronco
12-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Miami, Pitt, Jax right?????

I thought I heard Jets too on Cbs pregame.

misturanderson
12-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Well we need to win as well if we want to clinch this week. And we need Pitt, Jax, Miami and I think the Jets to lose. Not sure if the Jets matter though.

Hogan11
12-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Denver has already lost today....every one of the pregame shows is saying so, so it must be true. :nono:

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Indy over the Jets
Houston over the Fins
Pats over the Jags

cabronco
12-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Denver has already lost today....every one of the pregame shows is saying so, so it must be true. :nono:

I noticed that too...wtf. They're saying it like its a far gone conclusion. Even Shannon Sharpe said it so fluently w/o stutter.....just Wow.

lex
12-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I thought I heard Jets too on Cbs pregame.

I think people are dismissive of them because theyre playing Indy today, even though Indy activated a third string QB today.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Indy over the Jets
Houston over the Fins
Pats over the Jags

This. Add in a Pitt loss if Denver wants to clinch this week, but the Pitt-Balt game really isn't that important for Denver's playoff chances.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2009, 09:55 AM
I want PItt to lose so they are knocked out. We need Balt to win it. We get 2 spots for WC and Balt already has us in heads up. Pitt and Balt tied with us would probably screw us in the end. I dont think we win today but i can hope those that need to lose, actually do that.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Pitt and Balt tied with us would probably screw us in the end.

No it won't. The first tiebreaker for WC teams with the same record is the divisional tiebreaker. One of those 2 teams would be eliminated before Denver is involved in any tiebreaker with the other.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Denver clinches a playoff spot:
1. DEN win + JAC loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie

broncocalijohn
12-27-2009, 10:06 AM
No it won't. The first tiebreaker for WC teams with the same record is the divisional tiebreaker. One of those 2 teams would be eliminated before Denver is involved in any tiebreaker with the other.

Ok, unlike rasta, i will admit failure on my part and shut up now.

lex
12-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I want PItt to lose so they are knocked out. We need Balt to win it. We get 2 spots for WC and Balt already has us in heads up. Pitt and Balt tied with us would probably screw us in the end. I dont think we win today but i can hope those that need to lose, actually do that.

Ed Reeds not playing even though he wanted to. There would be a little bit of justice if Pitt won out and so did Denver, leaving Balt on the outside looking in.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Did that hurt? It's never hurt when I've admitted I was wrong, but I figure it must hurt some folks since Lex is still all about "it was MY PERCEPTION! I'm NOT WRONG! BLURRRRRRRRRRG!"

lex
12-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Did that hurt? It's never hurt when I've admitted I was wrong, but I figure it must hurt some folks since Lex is still all about "it was MY PERCEPTION! I'm NOT WRONG! BLURRRRRRRRRRG!"

That was more about you arguing for the sake of arguing. I was actually going to thank you for clarifying but you were more interested in arguing.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Everytime you post I think you are BroncoWarrior... damned av.

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Denver clinches a playoff spot:
1. DEN win + JAC loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie

Wow, that is just a mess

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Eagles... that is all

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:25 AM
It's going our way so far.

Broncos_OTM
12-27-2009, 10:26 AM
If pits wins today and denver loses are they out?

lex
12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
If pits wins today and denver loses are they out?

No but Denver would have to win next week and Pitt would have to lose.

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 10:32 AM
who does pitt play next week

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:36 AM
No but Denver would have to win next week and Pitt would have to lose.

If Baltimore wins, Pitt is 7-8 and Denver and Houston are the only 8-7 teams. Houston can't have a better conference record if both go 9-7. If Pitt wins, then Denver, Pitt, Balt, and Houston all have 8-7 records. If all go 9-7, they do a divisional tiebreaker first, eliminating one of Balt or Pitt (not sure who wins that tiebreaker). The tiebreaker for the remaining 3 teams is conference record. If it's Den, Balt and Hou, Den and Balt get in based on a 7-5 conference record and Houston is eliminated with a 6-6 record. If it's Den, Pitt, and Houston, Denver gets in at 7-5 and they have to go to the next tiebreaker since both Pitt and Houston will have a 6-6 conference record.

Hercules posted this in the other thread.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:39 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

Yahoo says this...
http://www.msnemotions.org/buddy-icons/uploads/user_2336.gifhttp://www.msnemotions.org/buddy-icons/uploads/user_2336.gif

I have no idea

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:41 AM
So according to Yahoo, we lose today and we are on our way out?

Now I am ****ting bricks.

Ambiguous
12-27-2009, 10:44 AM
so far everyone taking care of business except for friggin baltimore.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 10:45 AM

They project Denver as the 6th seed if your projections are played out.

lex
12-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Hercules posted this in the other thread.

fair enough

CHANGSTER
12-27-2009, 10:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

Oh, that's cool. Helps a lot. Thanks

Orange4Life
12-27-2009, 10:51 AM

It looks like that if Pitt wins and we lose then it comes down to how many teams are tied at 9-7. If us, balt, and pitt are the only teams tied at 9-7 we are screwed and lose out because we have all played each other. We need another team to finish at 9-7 to so head to head is not a factor. Clear as mud?

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
If results stay as they are we need to win both games or we are done. Balt will win in Oak and Pitt in Miami cos the Phins will have nothing to play for.

Broncos_OTM
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
if i read this right if three teams fighting for a playoff spot are tied it goes to head to head. i guess it is differant for divisional tie breakers

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:56 AM
if i read this right if three teams fighting for a playoff spot are tied it goes to head to head. i guess it is differant for divisional tie breakers

If Pitt win today, we need to win both, as both Pitt and Balt will finish 9 - 7 and knock us out. Of course any one of the 3 teams could lose next week too.

CHANGSTER
12-27-2009, 10:56 AM
What I got from that is that a Balt win is very important if we lose today. All the other scenarios if we and Balt lose are pretty sketchy.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 10:58 AM
What I got from that is that a Balt win is very important if we lose today.

Yup, then we only need to win one.

broncofan2438
nice, baltimore scores

EmpireOrange
Problem is that all scenerios involve Denver winning A game- let alone a game in Philly - 2 for 10 after the bye shows that they can't do that. Broncos are worthless late in the season, is Shanny still coaching this team?

Broncos_OTM
denver better come out and play like their hair is on ****ing fire today.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 10:59 AM
It looks like that if Pitt wins and we lose then it comes down to how many teams are tied at 9-7. If us, balt, and pitt are the only teams tied at 9-7 we are screwed and lose out because we have all played each other. We need another team to finish at 9-7 to so head to head is not a factor. Clear as mud?

Again.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

There will be a tiebreaker between Balt and Pitt before any tiebreaker involving the Broncos is used.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 11:01 AM
So Yahoo is wrong Herc?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:02 AM
So Yahoo is wrong Herc?

All I see when I click that link is a playoff generator that has Denver as the 6th seed.

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 11:03 AM
So Yahoo is wrong Herc?

wouldn't be the first time

prunch
12-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Pitt fumble, recovered by bal

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Im stil a bit confused about the scenarios hercules, but we just need to win

Endy
12-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Again.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

There will be a tiebreaker between Balt and Pitt before any tiebreaker involving the Broncos is used.

I hope you're right because I've been playing with that Yahoo generator and there aren't any scenarios that see the Broncos in the playoffs if Pitt wins out.

Edit: and if Denver loses one of the last two.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:18 AM
So Yahoo is wrong Herc?

I'm going to say yes even though I don't know what Yahoo is claiming. The NFL breaks ties within the division before it starts breaking ties outside the division. Anyone saying that Denver would be eliminated at 9-7 if it's tied with Balt and Pitt, is not applying the divisional tiebreakers first to eliminate one of those two teams before the H2H tiebreaker is then applied to the Broncos.

CHANGSTER
12-27-2009, 11:19 AM
All I see when I click that link is a playoff generator that has Denver as the 6th seed.

Its not showing up? Below the helmets is where you click which teams win and all that. The helmets will change as you mess around with the wins and losses.

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 11:20 AM
some fat ass blow outs in the works today through out the league. Just freakin bmore not doing the job

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm going to say yes even though I don't know what Yahoo is claiming. The NFL breaks ties within the division before it starts breaking ties outside the division. Anyone saying that Denver would be eliminated at 9-7 if it's tied with Balt and Pitt, is not applying the divisional tiebreakers first to eliminate one of those two teams before the H2H tiebreaker is then applied to the Broncos.

All I am saying is in the Yahoo thing, if you adjust the simulator I posted to Pitt winning their last two and Balt winning next week, and us losing today and winning next week, Balt and Pitt are 5th and 6th seed, no Denver.

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 11:22 AM
yup balt sucks at helping us

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Its not showing up? Below the helmets is where you click which teams win and all that. The helmets will change as you mess around with the wins and losses.

That's it? I've been playing with that for weeks. I thought there was something else I was missing, as in their breakdown of who had to do what.

Yes. Yahoo is wrong. Both Balt and Pitt cannot be WC teams if there is a 3-way tie with another team.

Here are the tiebreaking procedures with a 3-way tie for the WC:

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

Division tiebreaker first, H2H records are the second tiebreaker.

The Joker
12-27-2009, 11:26 AM
If Denver, Pittsburgh and B-More all tie at 9-7 then we'll miss the playoffs.

Houston getting to 9-7 would actually be a real help to us cos that'd eliminate any head to head tie-breaks and we'd have a better conference record than either Pitt or Houston.

Txdonk
12-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Actually, the problem is if only three 9-7 left and they are Den, Bal and Pit, Den had lost to both the other teams thus we are eliminated first.

Yes. Yahoo is wrong. Both Balt and Pitt cannot be WC teams if there is a 3-way tie with another team.

Here are the tiebreaking procedures with a 3-way tie for the WC:

Division tiebreaker first, H2H records are the second tiebreaker.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:28 AM
If Denver, Pittsburgh and B-More all tie at 9-7 then we'll miss the playoffs.

No.

I have linked the actual tiebreaking procedures from NFL.com. Someone please show me by pointing out the actual tiebreaking procedure from that page that eliminates Denver @ 9-7 if they're tied with Pitt and B-more.

The Joker
12-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I believe they find the wildcard teams one at a time, Herc.

So, to find wildcard team #1 they would eliminate Pittsburgh first due to the division tie-break, and Baltimore then gets in on the head to head with us.

Then they find wildcard team #2 from scratch, so it'd be Pittsburgh versus us and they get it on head to head.

CHANGSTER
12-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it doesn't seem to give any details anywhere.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Actually, the problem is if only three 9-7 left and they are Den, Bal and Pit, Den had lost to both the other teams thus we are eliminated first.

Point out that procedure to me. I've linked the page.

I have no problem to admitting I'm wrong if someone can point out the specific tiebreaking procedure that puts Denver out in that scenario.

The first tiebreaker in a 3-way tie for the WC is a divisional tiebreaker between Balt and Pitt. Once one of those teams is eliminated, then the 2-way between Denver and whoever is then applied, and Denver does lose that H2H, but that would make them the 6th seed.

Denver would only be eliminated based on losing to both Pitt and Balt if Pitt and Balt were in different divisions.

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 11:32 AM
My head is going to explode. Who is right!!!?!?!?

Txdonk
12-27-2009, 11:34 AM
You have to look at it this way:

For the 1st WC position, it is true either Bal or Pit will eliminated from this round because the divisional tiebreak comes in first. Let's say Bal wins this one, Pit is eliminated for the 1st WC position. Then Bal has the H2H tie break over Den, so Bal gets it.

Now for the 2nd WC position, Pit is back in consideration. There's only Pit vs Den now, and they get it cuz of H2H again.

We CANNOT finish 9-7 with Pit and Bal, we'd be screwed.

No.

I have linked the actual tiebreaking procedures from NFL.com. Someone please show me by pointing out the actual tiebreaking procedure from that page that eliminates Denver @ 9-7 if they're tied with Pitt and B-more.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
And that's where the disagreement is going to be.

I don't think the tiebreaker is applied to Denver twice, once for the 5th seed and once for the 6th seed.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow when all the people who are supposed to know this for a living will break down the tiebreaking procedure.

ScottXray
12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Point out that procedure to me. I've linked the page.

I have no problem to admitting I'm wrong if someone can point out the specific tiebreaking procedure that puts Denver out in that scenario.

The first tiebreaker in a 3-way tie for the WC is a divisional tiebreaker between Balt and Pitt. Once one of those teams is eliminated, then the 2-way between Denver and whoever is then applied, and Denver does lose that H2H, but that would make them the 6th seed.

Denver would only be eliminated based on losing to both Pitt and Balt if Pitt and Balt were in different divisions.

The division tie breaker between Balt and Pitt would only decide who is eliminated from the 5 seed in a 3 way tie between us and them. After that it goes H2H and we lose out to either of them.

The Joker
12-27-2009, 11:38 AM
We CANNOT finish 9-7 with Pit and Bal, we'd be screwed.

If the Texans win next week then they get to 9-7 (assuming Miami don't come back) and head to heads aren't applicable.

Hopefully the Pats will rest the starters with no first round bye.

ayjackson
12-27-2009, 11:43 AM
this indicates trouble if we're tied with Baltimore and Pitt

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

Orange4Life
12-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Holy ****! This is from Herc's link. I have no idea. Everytime I think I have it figured out I read it again and I change my mind and think something else. Sometimes I think Herc is right and other times I don't.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs
Head-to-head, if applicable.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

ayjackson
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
If the Texans win next week then they get to 9-7 (assuming Miami don't come back) and head to heads aren't applicable.

I think the Pats will rest injured players, but they don't have a backup QB.

Txdonk
12-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Yep, that'd do it.

But can't have JETS at 9-7 to create a 5 way tie, we'd be out again. Arggh, shoulda beat the Raiduhs last week.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-27-2009, 11:47 AM
And I'm starting to think I'm not.

There's also no past history to look back at. The last time there was a 3-way tie for the WC with 2 teams from the same division was '95, and there was still 3 WC teams per conference at that point.

MplsBronco
12-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Looks like if Jets, Pitt, Bmore, Texans and Denver finish 9-7, we are out as well. Boy o boy, that was a huge f&ck up last week.

MplsBronco
12-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Herc is incorrect. They do the tiebreak to identify each wc team.

MplsBronco
12-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Our boy Foxy!

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Mason you ****, what a 6 point drop

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Herc is actually spot on.

The only way 2 wild card teams from the same division can get into the playoffs is if there are no other teams in that Conference with the same winning record.

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 12:26 PM
man mason just killed us

Broncoman13
12-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Looks like if Jets, Pitt, Bmore, Texans and Denver finish 9-7, we are out as well. Boy o boy, that was a huge f&ck up last week.

Actually I think this would be a good scenario b/c it would push to a division record tie breaker and we would hold that over the Texans, Jets, and Pitt I believe.

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:31 PM
The only team we need to worry about right now is the Jets cos we have the Texans on the Conference tiebreaker. The above offcourse is presuming we can at least beat the ****ing Chiefs, but let's be truthful, if we cant beat them we dont deserve anything.

SJ Bronco
Herc is actually spot on.

The only way 2 wild card teams from the same division can get into the playoffs is if there are no other teams in that Conference with the same winning record.

yeah, my playoff simulator seems to think that the only way anyone but us gets that final spot is if we lose two if the current scores hold up and if huston loses next week

Broncoman13
Don't think we're going to have to worry though. I think Baltimore is going to wrap up the 5th seed and eliminate the Steelers altogether.

So, what does that leave if the Steelers are out and we're fighting amongst the rest of the 9-7 teams? Take Pitt out of the equation and explain our chances... somebody please.

BlaK-Argentina
12-27-2009, 12:33 PM
All I know is if Miami, Pitt and Jax lose today and we win we're in. Either against Phi or KC, right? At least that's what they said on the CBS pregame.

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 12:33 PM
if bmore wins today...somone gets in at 8-8 or has a good shot...most likely jacksonville

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Don't think we're going to have to worry though. I think Baltimore is going to wrap up the 5th seed and eliminate the Steelers altogether.

So, what does that leave if the Steelers are out and we're fighting amongst the rest of the 9-7 teams? Take Pitt out of the equation and explain our chances... somebody please.

Balt is doing everything they can to lose right now. They look ugly on offense

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:35 PM
if bmore wins today...somone gets in at 8-8 or has a good shot...most likely jacksonville

So you reckon Denver will lose their final 2 games???

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 12:39 PM
So you reckon Denver will lose their final 2 games???

LOL oh hell no! What I'm saying is that someone COULD get in at 8-8 and if that happened it would be Jacksonville....I think we will beat the snot out of the chefs. I'm just playing with the playoff sim

BlaK-Argentina
12-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Stupid Houston is ****ing up!!!

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Stupid Houston is ****ing up!!!

score

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 12:44 PM
raiders 10 penalties -100 yards....LMAAO

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Texans are up 27-17 wit 6 mins to go

BlaK-Argentina
12-27-2009, 12:49 PM
score

It was 27-0 HOU.

Now 27 - 17 Miami with the ball and 6 mins left.

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 12:51 PM
TB caught N.O. too, how bad is N.O. defense right now

SJ Bronco
12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAH!!

2 count em TWO raiders have been ejected! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Ha ha Saints miss a FG to win

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:54 PM
That Raider game today just shows me how ****ing pityful we played last week so McD needs to get these ****ers fired for Philly.

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Baltimore losing 23-20... 5 to go

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 12:56 PM
nice return Parmalee

broncos-rock
12-27-2009, 12:59 PM
i hate fricking pittsburgh!!

broncofan2438
12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Balt ****ed us

BroncoDoug
12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
i hate baltimore....

Broncoman13
12-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I can't believe Baltimore gave this game away... Talk about doing everything you can to not win a game.

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Never seen a game before with more blatant homer refs.

eddie mac
12-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Saints beat lol

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Christ, The Egirls stick a fork in us with a win

BroncoDoug
12-27-2009, 01:10 PM
yup, MUST win now for the broncos....

MplsBronco
Word must have come from the head office to screw baltimore today.

broncocalijohn
Saints beat lol

Just lost in survivor pick em. Down to 10k out of 300k in yahoo. Saved my Saints for this game. Figured they needed to get back to winning after sucking eggs against Dallas. Oh sheat! All i then needed was Denver to beat Chiefs next week to cap off a perfect season. This game had no bearing on Denver except to say that anyone can beat a good team on any given Sunday.

phillybroncosnut
12-27-2009, 01:12 PM

That word must have went straight to mason's hands as well. And the guy who threw the block in the back on DFox's Pick 6

broncos-rock
12-27-2009, 01:13 PM

They could have called the hold against Pitt to offset penalities! at least that would have been fair!

Broncoman13
12-27-2009, 01:15 PM
If there are three teams tied for the final spot, H2H is tossed out right?

So, what is Pitts record vs the AFC?

Seems to me that there is at least a small chance of three teams finishing at 9-7 and I think we'd have a pretty good shot at the final spot in that scenario.

The MVPlaya
... I'm officially convinced the league is rigged.

MplsBronco
the way I see it Houston has to win if we lose today and win next week???

MplsBronco
12-27-2009, 01:16 PM
That word must have went straight to mason's hands as well. And the guy who threw the block in the back on DFox's Pick 6

This is true. Unbelievable.

maher_tyler
12-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Even if we lose today..we still have the best chance of making it. We would have to beat KC next week. If all the 8-7 teams end up 9-7..we have the best division and Conference record than all the other teams..even Pitt but they beat us. Doesn't that give us the edge over the other teams??

briane
12-27-2009, 03:40 PM
we really need the jets to lose vs indy...

then we will need a loss from baltimore or pittsburgh and a win next week to make it in...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&15=50051001&16=55101515