PDA

View Full Version : IF hired by the Deadskins, Shanny expected to HIRE--drumroll PLEASE..BOB SLOWIK!

broncofan7
12-26-2009, 06:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/26/zimmers-name-surfaces-as-potential-defensive-coordinator-in-dc/

Zimmer's name surfaces as potential defensive coordinator in D.C.
Posted by Mike Florio on December 26, 2009 8:07 PM ET

Despite doing a great job over the past two seasons with the Cincinnati defense, Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has yet to generate significant buzz as a potential head-coaching candidate for the upcoming carousel of vacancies.

But with his contract in Cincinnati set to expire after the current season, Zimmer could be in line for a lateral move -- and also a healthy raise.

We're told that Mike Shanahan has targeted Zimmer as the first choice to run the defense, if/when Shanahan resurfaces as head coach of the Redskins.

On Friday night, NFL Network's Jason La Canfora indicated that one of Mike Shanahan's first items of business will be to hire former Broncos defensive coordinator Bob Slowik. As La Canfora explained it, Slowik has been working with Shanahan at Denver-area office space. And we're hearing that Slowik will be a member of the Shanahan's staff even if Shanahan lands Zimmer.

If shouldn't be hard for the Redskins to succeed, given that owner Daniel Snyder previously has paid big money to defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. In early 2006, Williams inked a three-year, $8 million extension to remain with the Redskins.

So it might be a good idea for the Bengals to redouble their efforts to get Zimmer signed for 2010 and beyond. In November, Zimmer told Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com that the team has approached Zimmer regarding a contract extension, but that "nothing came to fruition."

Possible translation? "I got lowballed."

That's a term that doesn't exist in the Redskins' official dictionary. And one thing of which we're certain is that, if Mike Shanahan is the head coach of the Redskins, he'll have a virtually unlimited budget to hire the lieutenants he desires.

PaintballCLE
12-26-2009, 06:38 PM
sweet maybe we could trade them bailey for landry

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 06:39 PM
8-8 WITH SLOWIK

10-6 with a chimp running the D.

OBF1
12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Wow, A 2 for 1 hire. Not only do you get Shanny, but as an added bonus you get slowik. I bet Skins fans are all excited now :stirstir:

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow, A 2 for 1 hire. Not only do you get Shanny, but as an added bonus you get slowik. I bet Skins fans are all excited now :stirstir:

Ohhhhhhh they will be excited like bears fans were with cutler then slowly but surely they will get to see slowik awesomeness lose game after game. ( it should be a good show)

UberBroncoMan
12-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Bob Slowik is actually and exceptional DB coach... he's just a wretched DC.

If Zimmer is the DC and Slowik handles the DB... that doesn't look that bad.

watermock
12-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Shanahan must be gay.

WABronco
12-26-2009, 08:11 PM

Landry is garbage.

broncocalijohn
12-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Shanahan must be gay.

if he puts him in as a DC, I totally agree with you unless Slowick has some major embarrassing news on Mike. If Snyder was smart, he would pass on Shanahan if Slowick is part of the package.

uplink
12-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Shanahan must be gay.

Shanny has a tatoo with Slowicks name and Slowick has one with Shannys
name.

DenverBrit
12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
And we're hearing that Slowik will be a member of the Shanahan's staff even if Shanahan lands Zimmer.

http://joshtom.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ball-n-chain-guy.jpg

Circle Orange
12-26-2009, 09:18 PM
if he puts him in as a DC, I totally agree with you unless Slowick has some major embarrassing news on Mike. If Snyder was smart, he would pass on Shanahan if Slowick is part of the package.

And that is precisely why Snyder is probably inking this deal right now. Nothing he does makes sense, and nobody in or near DC trusts a **** word he says. Dude only recently decided to speak to the masses anyway, he's been into this self imposed silence for nearly ten years. People here aren't suckers. And the talking heads on radio don't represent anybody! http://scosoft.com/s/n/4c9a287f.gif

bpc
12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I think Slowik is just a grinder. I thought he stunk at DC, his 2nd such location at doing so but there is a reason why Mike wants him around. As long as he is a DB coach, I think it's a solid move. Some of Champ Bailey's best statistical seasons came when he was the his position coach and there is some talent at the Redskins CB/S position.

Florida_Bronco
12-26-2009, 11:26 PM
I think Slowik is just a grinder. I thought he stunk at DC, his 2nd such location at doing so but there is a reason why Mike wants him around. As long as he is a DB coach, I think it's a solid move. Some of Champ Bailey's best statistical seasons came when he was the his position coach and there is some talent at the Redskins CB/S position.

Actually we were Slowik's FOURTH failure as a DC. He failed in Chicago, Cleveland and Green Bay before he showed up here in Denver.

Good DB coach? Certainly. But a huge focking failure as a DC.

Honestly I'm still holding out hope that the Chargers dump Norv, Shanny replaces him and hires Slowik as his DC there.

HAT
12-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Actually we were Slowik's FOURTH failure as a DC. He failed in Chicago, Cleveland and Green Bay before he showed up here in Denver.

Good DB coach? Certainly. But a huge focking failure as a DC.

Honestly I'm still holding out hope that the Chargers dump Norv, Shanny replaces him and hires Slowik as his DC there.

Reppage....

Florida_Bronco
12-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Reppage....

:thumbsup:

The MVPlaya
12-27-2009, 12:12 AM
lol... if this happens we're going to battle for Dumervil.

Broncoman13
12-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Like I said, Shanny will keep Slowick around but it won't be as the DC.

watermock
12-27-2009, 01:32 AM
How many 1st round tenders do you expect from the class of 09, which had 3 firsts?

Broncos_OTM
12-27-2009, 05:15 AM
lol... if this happens we're going to battle for Dumervil.
that would be a pretty bad move considering they have Brian Orakpo. and Ruben Carters son who has 11 sacks this year.

Vladimir
12-27-2009, 06:25 AM
that would be a pretty bad move considering they have Brian Orakpo. and Ruben Carters son who has 11 sacks this year.

agreed

watermock
12-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh, I guess he wasn't on Beavis index card.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/brian-orakpo?id=71423

The consensus All-American ranked sixth in the nation with 11.5 sacks, as Texas paced the NCAA in that category, as the defense averaged 3.62 sacks per game. He delivered 40 tackles (32 solo) with 17.5 stops for losses and 15 pressures in 12 games, sitting out vs. Baylor after spraining his left knee in the third quarter vs. Texas Tech, doing what he does best -- chasing down the quarterback.

watermock
12-27-2009, 06:37 AM
And it just got better from there huh Popps?

Hogan11
12-27-2009, 07:53 AM

Oddly enough, this is what I was thinking as well.....he must have something on him or something because it's surely not based on job performance.

elsid13
12-27-2009, 08:09 AM

Landry is over rated big time, and falls for the double moves like the Chefs used to fall for the boot leg, we want no part of him!

colonelbeef
12-27-2009, 09:01 AM
And that is precisely why Snyder is probably inking this deal right now. Nothing he does makes sense, and nobody in or near DC trusts a **** word he says. Dude only recently decided to speak to the masses anyway, he's been into this self imposed silence for nearly ten years. People here aren't suckers. And the talking heads on radio don't represent anybody! http://scosoft.com/s/n/4c9a287f.gif

Your avatar is ****ing hilarious

good show