PDA

View Full Version : Official Chargers@Titans gameday thread

Black96WS6
12-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Chargers 11-3
Titans 7-7

Can also be watched online for those that don't have the NFL Network.

http://www.nfl.com/live/2009/landing?icampaign=tnf_titanschargers_cp

Predictions? I'm going with 24-21 Chargers.

cutthemdown
12-25-2009, 02:59 PM
you just know Chargers will now lose.

snowspot66
12-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, just to **** us over a little bit.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I hope Chris Johnson runs for 200, but I'd like to see the Chargers beat them just to help us in any way possible for the playoffs. I'd hope we could take care of our own business, but last year and the past eight games this year have given me some doubts. At this point, I'll take whatever help we can get in order to make the post-season.

HAT
12-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Titans will drop 30 on SD tonight. Meaningless game for SD.

DivineBronco
12-25-2009, 05:21 PM
if anyone one runs into a non nfl.com link to the game please post it....thanks in advance

go_broncos
12-25-2009, 05:23 PM
How silly it is that we compared Rivers to Cutler at one point of time..
River is too good..

Kid A
12-25-2009, 05:24 PM

Not sure they've locked up a bye yet. Plus Rivers has never lost in December (an insane statistic). But, yeah, it would be just our luck.

broncos-rock
12-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Chargers win helps us right? I just want rivers to get blown up....dont get me wrong not hurt just blown up hard!

broncos-rock
12-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Titans imploding!!!!! Phillips gets pushed and 15 yds......Orton gets an elbow to the head in the raiders game and its a no call. Just some consistency would be nice!!!

broncofan2438
12-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Hate the dam chuggers

go_broncos
12-25-2009, 05:49 PM
This is how we should have dominated against Raiders.
They are scoring TD's instead of Field goals.

We should have won against OAK had we scored TD's.

baja
12-25-2009, 05:56 PM
San Diego is going to play in the Super Bowl this year.

broncos-rock
12-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I hope not....that would totally suck!!
I just want someone to knock that sillyazz grin off of Rivers face......anyone????

HEAV
12-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Fisher should just let Vince run, run, run.

Broncomutt
12-25-2009, 06:28 PM

The AFC West is going to be the only division in the NFL in which every team has won a Super Bowl title.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
I figured SD would win the game.

Philip Rivers owns December.

bpc
12-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice to see the Chargers helping us out.

broncos-rock
12-25-2009, 06:43 PM
The chuggers pouring it on now 35-10

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Sproles with the TD run for SD.

35-10 San Diego.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I would like to see Chris Johnson get some more rushing yards tonight, so he can crack 2,000 yards on the year.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Eric Dickerson's record of 2,105 rushing yards, set in 1984 will be safe for another year.

The old school part of me wants to see him keep the record for a while, as I was a kid when he broke it.

The only player I wanted to see break it was Terrell Davis.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 06:53 PM
VY with his 3rd turnover of the game.

tsiguy96
12-25-2009, 06:55 PM
ridiculous. i have CJ and VJ going tonight, 18 combined points.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Sproles with his 3rd TD of the game.

42-10 San Diego.

broncos-rock
12-25-2009, 06:57 PM
42-10 an official blow-out!!

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Chris Johnson goes over 100 yards rushing on the night.

110 yards rushing as of right now.

BlaK-Argentina
12-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Man if SD doesn't make the SB this year... that's going to suck for them. They keep getting their hopes up and can't quite make it all the way.

As long as they keep that offense intact they're going to be good for a while.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Sweet 30 yard TD run by Chris Johnson.

142 yards rushing on the night.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I wanted to see Tennessee beat San Diego....but San Diego winning really helps Denver in the Wild Card race....one less team to deal with.

tsiguy96
12-25-2009, 07:17 PM
cj is ****ing ridiculous. wheres all you haters calling me dumb for saying hes playing better than AP. now its not even a question.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 07:21 PM
It will be epic watching San Diego choke away another golden opportunity in the playoffs.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Final score....42-17 San Diego wins.

bolthead123
12-25-2009, 07:32 PM
It will be epic watching San Diego choke away another golden opportunity in the playoffs.

Maybe, but good luck against the Eagles this weekend.

Kid A
12-25-2009, 07:38 PM

I can't think of a more interesting potential playoff match-up right now than Indy-SD. Red hot Chargers against a potentially undefeated Colts team with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line? Epic.

The Saints-Vikings possibility in the NFC is still compelling, but has lost some luster in recent weeks.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM

Thanks....we will need all the luck we can get to beat Philly.

San Diego is playing some damn good football right now.

richpjr
12-25-2009, 08:02 PM

I guess it depends on who they lose too. If they lose to an undefeated Colts team in the AFC championship game, I'm not sure I'd call that a choke. The Chargers offense is freaking scary.

BlaK-Argentina
12-25-2009, 08:08 PM

Meh, I actually think we win big this weekend, but will lose to KC at home.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Meh, I actually think we win big this weekend, but will lose to KC at home.

**** that noise....Kansas City has never won in Invesco....and they are not going to start this year.

BlaK-Argentina
12-25-2009, 09:22 PM
**** that noise....Kansas City has never won in Invesco....and they are not going to start this year.

Believe me, there's nothing I would like more than to beat them both, but after 06, 08 and last week I'm expecting the worst... easier to deal with than getting my hopes too high, only to be let down again.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Believe me, there's nothing I would like more than to beat them both, but after 06, 08 and last week I'm expecting the worst... easier to deal with than getting my hopes too high, only to be let down again.

If anything, we will lose to Philly and beat Kansas City.

Kansas City is 0 for Invesco and it will stay that way this year.

BuckinKaeding
12-25-2009, 10:58 PM

Great Prediction.

go_broncos
12-25-2009, 11:10 PM

After the way we played last few years, i am not confident of any games that we play in Nov and December.

My friend congratulated me and told that we will win division and get first round bye during our bye week. I smiled and told him that there are 10 more games to play.
In my mind, i still have doubts after the way it ended last year.

My worst fears are coming true..We are going to create history again.:(

loborugger
12-25-2009, 11:23 PM
My opinion (from the 'for what its worth' category)

SD is the best team in the league right now. And that includes Melonhead and Co. Esp considering the last two times SD has played Melonhead in the play offs, they have sent him packing.

SD could really make some history this year. And why not? Outside of Rivers and Roids Out, they arent a bad bunch... I know, I know, they are division rivals. But they are playing well, they seem to be excelling in every phase of the game - even coaching, shockingly.

Here is a cheery note - if SD can win the SB this year, the AFC West will be the first division in the NFL where all 4 of the clubs have a Lombardi. Not the NFC East, not the AFC East, not the AFC North, not the old 'Black & Blue' but the AFC West will be the first division to grasp that ring. The media looks to toot on other division's horns - leaving all the oral sex references aside - but the AFC West will be the kings. Not that we will draw any credit.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Chris Johnson now has 10 straight games of over 100 yards rushing.

That is the 3rd best streak of all-time. Barry Sanders is first with 14 straight games and Marcus Allen is second with 11 straight games.

Chris Johnson now has 1,872 rushing yards on the year....he needs 128 next week for 2,000 yards and 234 yards to break Eric Dickerson's single season mark of 2,105 yards set in 1984.

Tennessee plays Seattle next week, who is 13th in the NFL in rushing defense, giving up 106.4 yards per game.

snowspot66
12-25-2009, 11:29 PM

SD is the best team in the league right now. And that includes Melonhead and Co. Esp considering the last two times SD has played Melonhead in the play offs, they have sent him packing.

SD could really make some history this year. And why not? Outside of Rivers and Roids Out, they arent a bad bunch... I know, I know, they are division rivals. But they are playing well, they seem to be excelling in every phase of the game - even coaching, shockingly.

Here is a cheery note - if SD can win the SB this year, the AFC West will be the first division in the NFL where all 4 of the clubs have a Lombardi. Not the NFC East, not the AFC East, not the AFC North, not the old 'Black & Blue' but the AFC West will be the first division to grasp that ring. The media looks to toot on other division's horns - leaving all the oral sex references aside - but the AFC West will be the kings. Not that we will draw any credit.

**** that ****. I don't want those jackasses to get an off season of bragging rights.

dsmoot
12-26-2009, 07:59 AM

I agree with your assessment (including an absence of Norv). I hope they play the Colts in the playoffs, it will be a great game. They are very impressive the way they spread the ball around to those big wide receivers. Without a dominant, consistent pass rush, Denver will not have a chance in the short term. Rivers is standing in the pocket and getting ball off very well. If LT was playing to his old form, this team would really be scary.

BlaK-Argentina
12-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Please stop blowing SD guys, thanks.

I'll laugh my ass off if they lose in the playoffs again.

BlaK-Argentina
12-26-2009, 08:49 AM
But yeah I'd love to see them take on Indy in the playoffs. Think Larry Coyer can figure out a way to stop SD's offense?

loborugger
12-26-2009, 09:42 AM

I'll laugh my ass off if they lose in the playoffs again.

I am not blowing the Chargers, just calling it the way I see it.

So, would you rather watch Melonhead do well in the playoffs? How about Dreamy Tom and the Cheatriots? Me, I dislike SD less than both those teams... The Chuggers have never done anything - so they are a hard team to hate on.

broncofan7
12-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Chargers Vs Packers this year--just like I called it in the pre-season.

Captain 'Dre
12-26-2009, 11:06 AM
How silly it is that we compared Rivers to Cutler at one point of time..
River is too good..

...and Jay is a colossal schmuck! Ha!

Captain 'Dre
12-26-2009, 11:10 AM

Seems like an odd thing to say when WE are in the midst of an epic choke ourselves, for the second year in a row.

It's about US taking care of business against the Eagles, not about what anyone else does, because if we don't win out, we're sunk anyhow.

sixtimeseight
12-26-2009, 11:15 AM

I'll laugh my ass off when they lose in the playoffs again.

SouthStndJunkie
12-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Seems like an odd thing to say when WE are in the midst of an epic choke ourselves, for the second year in a row.

It's about US taking care of business against the Eagles, not about what anyone else does, because if we don't win out, we're sunk anyhow.

Hey, if we are going to gag on a big one, I want to see San Diego gag on one even bigger.

400HZ
12-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey, if we are going to gag on a big one, I want to see San Diego gag on one even bigger.

www.twinkfilms.com

Your site?

SouthStndJunkie
12-26-2009, 02:04 PM
www.twinkfilms.com

Your site?

Never heard of it....you must have it bookmarked.

You a fan of the site....or a frequent contributor?

Captain 'Dre
12-26-2009, 02:19 PM

I see. I've heard of the "Eye for an Eye" principal before, but the "Gag for a Gag" principle is a new one to me! :)

Rivers Delivers
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Even more epic watching Philip hoist the Lombardi in one arm and Norv in the other. While heads across the NFL universe explode in unison.

BlaK-Argentina
12-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Even more epic watching Philip hoist the Lombardi in one arm and Norv in the other. While heads across the NFL universe explode in unison.

You really should know better than to get your hopes up like that. You know, like we did after starting 6-0?

Playoffs are a different story, I don't care how good you look right now.

Good luck though!