PDA

View Full Version : Report: Shanahan would be "extremely interested" in Bears job

SouthStndJunkie
12-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Report: Shanahan would be "extremely interested" in Bears job

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/24/report-shanahan-would-be-extremely-interested-in-bears-job/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 24, 2009 5:35 PM ET

Well, it's happening.

With the Redskins locked onto Mike Shanahan as their next head coach and Shanahan not committed (yet) to taking over the team, we think his next move is to get another franchise to the table, in the hopes of driving up his ultimate price tag.

Initially, we thought he'd try to get the Cowboys to bite, but a day after Jay Glazer of FOX reported that the Cowboys aren't interested in Shanahan, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Shanahan isn't interested in the Cowboys.

Enter the Bears.

According to ESPNChicago.com, a "close friend" of Shanahan's says that the former Broncos coach would be "extremely interested" in the Bears' head-coaching job.

"The job is really attractive to Mike," the friend told Melissa Isaacson of ESPNChicago.com. "It's home. It's a great challenge because that roster needs to be made over, and the one guy there to build the team around is the one guy he has already built a team around and with whom he has a tremendous comfort level, Jay Cutler."

And while G.M. Jerry Angelo likely would have to go if the Bears were to target former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, Shanahan would be willing to co-exist with Angelo, supposedly.

As long as Shanahan would have final say.

"Mike's contention," the friend said, "is, 'Hey if I'm working with a good GM, I have no problem with that. I want to be surrounded by a good GM, good scouting department, and I would gladly take recommendations and execute your recommendations but ultimately, I would like the final say.' If there's a disagreement between the three or four people in the room, Mike would like to be able to say, 'This is the guy I want.'"

In Washington, the foundation already is in place for Shanahan to call the shots. New G.M. Bruce Allen didn't have absolute power while working with (under) Jon Gruden, and despite what the Redskins say, Allen won't have it in D.C., if Shanahan takes the job.

In Chicago, Angelo isn't likely to yield final say. But if Shanahan can at least get the Bears to come sniff around a bit, Shanahan might be able to squeeze more money out of the 'Skins.

Bronx33
12-24-2009, 03:52 PM
he likes fixer uppers?

bpc
12-24-2009, 03:56 PM
This would be a great move for Mike and Jay.

The good news is, Mike should not have any shortage of jobs to choose from. Bills and Skins are already knocking on his door. I think Jacksonville, Carolina, Seattle, Cleveland, among others would be wise to follow suit.

baja
12-24-2009, 03:57 PM
I would love to see Cutler and Shanny reunited... That would be very interesting to watch unfold.

Bronx33
12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
'Hey if I'm working with a good GM

Hmmmmm

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't buy it.

Chicago's too cheap, and where Bowlen was willing to pay two coaches a big salary, I can't see the Bears doing that.

I think the Redskins already have Shan locked up.

bpc
12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I think the ties are interesting enough, if Angelo is into it, where it could happen. It would be the best thing the Bears have done as well, since 85'.

Archer81
12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Shadenfreud.

:Broncos:

bpc
12-24-2009, 04:15 PM
People should just get over bashing him. He hand delivered many great moments in Denver, including our first two super bowl championships.

Just wish him well and go on your way. Shanny bled for this city and it's fans.

baja
12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
People should just get over bashing him. He hand delivered many great moments in Denver, including our first two super bowl championships.

I don't think there is one Bronco fan that doesn't appreciate what Mike Shanahan has accomplished in Denver and I can't imagine anyone not wishing him well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Who is bashing him? He was a great guy to have as our head coach, but it was time for him to go.

houghtam
12-24-2009, 04:39 PM
If anybody can turn Jay Cutler from a terrible quarterback to a mediocre one, it's Shanahan. Hell, he might even be able to get him to sneak into the Pro Bowl with 20 INTs again.

NYBronco
12-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Bears just might be willing to do it with all the money invested in the franchise. What's 10 million more per year for a head coach to get the franchise under control. I would like to see what Mike could do with no first rounders.

Bronco Yoda
12-24-2009, 04:57 PM
I like Shanahan too much for him to be saddled with the INT machine AGAIN. As it is he'll probably want to bring his D cooridinator which will already tie one hand behind his own back. He must be protected from himself in these matters.

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 05:07 PM

what is wrong with you? is this how you see everyoens posts here? no one bashes shanahan for what he has accomplished here, and everyone appreciates him. we bash some of his questionable moves the last few years here, but everyone appreciates what he did for denver football. and then theres you who immediately jump into defense mode to tell us all to leave him alone...

bpc
12-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Bears just might be willing to do it with all the money invested in the franchise. What's 10 million more per year for a head coach to get the franchise under control. I would like to see what Mike could do with no first rounders.

He already did that. See Denver Broncos, 1995. Landed one Terrell Davis in round 6.

Good thought though.

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 05:15 PM
He already did that. See Denver Broncos, 1995. Landed one Terrell Davis in round 6.

Good thought though.

dude, its 2009. good thought though...

Bob's your Information Minister
12-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Report: Shanahan would piss down his leg in excitement if he got to work with Jay Cutler again.

BroncoDoug
12-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Report: Shanahan would piss down his leg in excitement if he got to work with Jay Cutler again.

Wait, I though Shanahan was already coaching the Chiefs? I was told the deal was done. Are the chiefs going to let him go to coach the bears? or how is this going to work.

WABronco
12-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Here's the deal Shanny is gonna come back and FKNG pwn FACE. Gonna coach for FREE just to show that he and Jay ARE LIKE THE EMPEROR AND DARTH. THEY WILL RULE THE GALAXY!!!!1111!!

QUTI BASHIN HIM GAIZ

Rigs11
12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Maybe some of the fans around here that love baby jay could switch teams for good....

broncofan7
12-24-2009, 06:12 PM
I would vomit if he went to chicago. Watching them have a top flight offense while we flounder like a dead fish on offense each week makes me nauseated....good thing we hired an offensive coach as our HC right? barf.

SouthStndJunkie
12-24-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't buy it.

Chicago's too cheap, and where Bowlen was willing to pay two coaches a big salary, I can't see the Bears doing that.

Yep....but Chicago has more money invested in Jay Cutler than money they would have to pay Lovie Smith if they fired him.

They know how imperative it is to make it work with Jay Cutler....they have a lot invested in him.

jhns
12-24-2009, 06:43 PM
As long as he goes to the NFC and not Dallas, I don't really care where he goes. I don't doubt he will be great for whatever team gets him. He can turn any offense into gold. He also had good defenses here until the last 3 seasons. As long as he gets a good coordinator, his next team will be very good. I would bet he is more motivated than he has been in a long time after getting fired.

Hamrob
12-24-2009, 06:49 PM
It would be tough to do...but, Shanny as HC with Lovie as DC would be a pretty good combo. Shanny can coach Jay up. I really think Jay would have been pretty spectacular this year in Denver had Shanny been retained. It would have been his 3rd year as a starter, having just gone to the Probowl. I think our offense would have been incredible.

Of course, had we kept that sorry excuse of a defensive coordiator...we would have been 6-10.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Lovie wouldn't take a demotion. Are you kidding me?

Paladin
12-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Maybe some of the fans around here that love baby jay could switch teams for good....

Maybe not a bad idea. I'm sticking with the Broncos and McD. guys swinging on Quitler's nutsac can go to the Bears......

I have great respect and appreciation for Shanahan. But it was time for him to move on, or take a sabbatical.

ZONA
12-24-2009, 07:26 PM
We all know he's going to the skins and there he will have full control over everything, an owner with deep pockets who can pay him huge bucks as well as sign just about any FA they want. It's a city on the map so to speak, lots of attention on the team and a huge fan base. What's for Shanny not to like there?

oubronco
12-24-2009, 07:48 PM
and so it begins

Circle Orange
12-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Report: Shanahan would be "extremely interested" in Bears job

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/24/report-shanahan-would-be-extremely-interested-in-bears-job/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 24, 2009 5:35 PM ET

Well, it's happening.

With the Redskins locked onto Mike Shanahan as their next head coach and Shanahan not committed (yet) to taking over the team, we think his next move is to get another franchise to the table, in the hopes of driving up his ultimate price tag.

Initially, we thought he'd try to get the Cowboys to bite, but a day after Jay Glazer of FOX reported that the Cowboys aren't interested in Shanahan, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Shanahan isn't interested in the Cowboys.

Enter the Bears.

According to ESPNChicago.com, a "close friend" of Shanahan's says that the former Broncos coach would be "extremely interested" in the Bears' head-coaching job.

"The job is really attractive to Mike," the friend told Melissa Isaacson of ESPNChicago.com. "It's home. It's a great challenge because that roster needs to be made over, and the one guy there to build the team around is the one guy he has already built a team around and with whom he has a tremendous comfort level, Jay Cutler."

And while G.M. Jerry Angelo likely would have to go if the Bears were to target former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, Shanahan would be willing to co-exist with Angelo, supposedly.

As long as Shanahan would have final say.

"Mike's contention," the friend said, "is, 'Hey if I'm working with a good GM, I have no problem with that. I want to be surrounded by a good GM, good scouting department, and I would gladly take recommendations and execute your recommendations but ultimately, I would like the final say.' If there's a disagreement between the three or four people in the room, Mike would like to be able to say, 'This is the guy I want.'"

In Washington, the foundation already is in place for Shanahan to call the shots. New G.M. Bruce Allen didn't have absolute power while working with (under) Jon Gruden, and despite what the Redskins say, Allen won't have it in D.C., if Shanahan takes the job.

In Chicago, Angelo isn't likely to yield final say. But if Shanahan can at least get the Bears to come sniff around a bit, Shanahan might be able to squeeze more money out of the 'Skins.

Gee...I thought it was a done deal with the Skins. No wait, it's a deal with the Bears. Then again...

That being said, it's still poor taste to be speaking of this stuff WHILE YOUR TEAM STILL HAS A COACH. These owners are such tools. http://scosoft.com/s/Music/54ae6c7b.gif

BroncoMan4ever
12-24-2009, 09:27 PM
This would be a great move for Mike and Jay.

The good news is, Mike should not have any shortage of jobs to choose from. Bills and Skins are already knocking on his door. I think Jacksonville, Carolina, Seattle, Cleveland, among others would be wise to follow suit.

it would be a good move for Jay, not so much for Mike. If Mike did end up in Chicago, Jay no longer has the worry of ending up with a coach that will push him to get better. As can be evidenced of Jay's 1st 3 seasons, Mike never pushed him or kicked him in the ass for him to take the next step in his progression as an NFL signal caller.

Mike ends up in a situation where a complete rebuild is in need and as is obvious of his last decade in Denver, at this stage in his career, he isn't a coach to rebuild a team from the ground up and would be better suited taking over a team with a finished offense, defense or both that he could make adjustments to and make into a super bowl contender.

Florida_Bronco
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
If Shanny ends up in Chicago that likely means he won't be able to bring Slowik along.

rastaman
12-24-2009, 09:59 PM
We all know he's going to the skins and there he will have full control over everything, an owner with deep pockets who can pay him huge bucks as well as sign just about any FA they want. It's a city on the map so to speak, lots of attention on the team and a huge fan base. What's for Shanny not to like there?

Question is does Shanny want to reunite bad enough with Cutler as he did with Elway?

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 10:00 PM
would be fun to watch. i like drama, especially when we play chicago again...

SportinOne
12-24-2009, 10:11 PM
dude, its 2009. good thought though...

Spencer Larsen, Peyton Hillis, Ryan Harris, Eddie Royal, Wesley Woodyard, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Domenik Hixon, Chris Kuper.

All Not picked in the first round in a span of 3 years. Granted, he had a spell of awful, awful drafts. But recently he has been money.

However, this article says nothing about the Bear's interest level. It probably won't happen. But if it did, it could work. To add a quality receiver would bounce everyone else back a slot and into more natural roles. Urlacher and others back on defense would help too. Super Bowl? No, but easily 8-8.

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Spencer Larsen, Peyton Hillis, Ryan Harris, Eddie Royal, Wesley Woodyard, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Domenik Hixon, Chris Kuper.

All Not picked in the first round in a span of 3 years. Granted, he had a spell of awful, awful drafts. But recently he has been money.

However, this article says nothing about the Bear's interest level. It probably won't happen. But if it did, it could work. To add a quality receiver would bounce everyone else back a slot and into more natural roles. Urlacher and others back on defense would help too. Super Bowl? No, but easily 8-8.

i agree, its just dumb to point out a specific late round player chosen to prove success in drafting. the vast majority of those guys dont really see the field, a few are real gems as we know. but every team has them, that doesnt make every team great at drafting. wonder hwat changed for shanny though to make him start taking decent players in the last 2 years.

NYBronco
12-25-2009, 03:55 AM

Good thought though.

I was actually being sincere. I would like to see what Mike could do for that team. Unfortunately, Lovie Smith would have to go and I don't consider him the problem.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-25-2009, 06:32 AM
I would vomit if he went to chicago. Watching them have a top flight offense while we flounder like a dead fish on offense each week makes me nauseated....good thing we hired an offensive coach as our HC right? barf.

You're about as retarded as they come. Racist, retarded, inbred asshole. You MUST be from Texas.

Tombstone RJ
12-25-2009, 08:58 AM
if shanny is serious then I think it would be great for the bears. Let angelo have final say on coaching staff, let shanny have final say on players... shanny will probably not go for that, but it wouldnt hurt to try...

BlaK-Argentina
12-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Hmm... couldn't care less where he goes, as long as it doesn't affect us directly. (AFC west) I appreciate what he did for the Broncos and I love him for that but he's not in Denver anymore, so I really don't care. Good luck wherever he goes.

Right now I'm looking forward to seeing what McD can do with another offseason.

BroncoBuff
12-25-2009, 10:34 AM
we think his next move is to get another franchise to the table, in the hopes of driving up his ultimate price tag.

Is price tag really a consideration here? Seems to me the right situation should take priority. Once you have a house the size of a shopping mall, with a bank account to match, it's time to focus on a legacy.

barryr
12-25-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm sure Shanahan would be interested since on paper, the Bears have more talent on defense than Shanahan ever bothered to get on the Broncos.

DBroncos4life
12-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm sure Shanahan would be interested since on paper, the Bears have more talent on defense than Shanahan ever bothered to get on the Broncos.

I don't think posters even watched Broncos football when Mike Shanahan was the coach.

Pony Boy
12-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Good thought though.

He also landed "Slo-Mo" Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round in 2005 after watching him clock a blistering 4.72 and 4.82 seconds in the 40.

Meck77
12-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I think it would be pure comedy. Cutler could end shannys career again!

bpc
12-25-2009, 06:03 PM
He also landed "Slo-Mo" Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round in 2005 after watching him clock a blistering 4.72 and 4.82 seconds in the 40.

What's your point?

We were talking about Shanahan reworking a team with no draft choices, which is why I said, he already did that AND landed Terrell Davis that year.

Where does your comment reference anywhere in this line of Q and A's?

Pony Boy
12-25-2009, 06:55 PM
What's your point?

We were talking about Shanahan reworking a team with no draft choices, which is why I said, he already did that AND landed Terrell Davis that year.

Where does your comment reference anywhere in this line of Q and A's?

NYBronco stated "I would like to see what Mike could do with no first rounder" and you made a point of how he could pick up Terrell Davis with a 6th round pick......My point was "we have also seen him waste a 3rd round pick on a guy like Slo-Mo. He's not going to walk into Chicago and be some late round draft guru and I'm not sure why this logic is hard to follow?

Dean
12-26-2009, 06:35 AM
NYBronco stated "I would like to see what Mike could do with no first rounder" and you made a point of how he could pick up Terrell Davis with a 6th round pick......My point was "we have also seen him waste a 3rd round pick on a guy like Slo-Mo. He's not going to walk into Chicago and be some late round draft guru and I'm not sure why this logic is hard to follow?

You forgot to mention that our RB coach Bobby Turner had a multi-year relationship with Maurice Clarett who lobbied for his acquisition. Secondly, he was taken with a conditional draft pick as the last pick of the third round.

He was not a good pick for the Broncos by any means but IMO you are cherry picking. Look at the string of 1000+ yard rushers we had year after year. How many were taken in the first round?

TonyR
12-26-2009, 09:51 AM
...I'm not sure why this logic is hard to follow?

You have to consider who's trying to follow it. The guy is still clinging to the relevance of something that happened in 1995.

Pony Boy
12-26-2009, 09:51 AM
You forgot to mention that our RB coach Bobby Turner had a multi-year relationship with Maurice Clarett who lobbied for his acquisition. Secondly, he was taken with a conditional draft pick as the last pick of the third round.

He was not a good pick for the Broncos by any means but IMO you are cherry picking. Look at the string of 1000+ yard rushers we had year after year. How many were taken in the first round?

You are missing the whole point, it was brought up that Shannahan would be a good fit in Chicago because of his ability to go into Chicago and have success in the draft with no high round draft picks. My point is Shanny was no draft guru, in fact I think his drafts were below average at best a C+.
Yes, he won two super bowls, so do you give credit to the jocky or the horse. I would be willing to bet a lot of average coaches would of won 2 SB's or more with Elway.

Kaylore
12-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I just hope wherever he goes he will trade a bunch of picks to us to get all the players that don't fit our system anymore.

HEAV
12-26-2009, 11:09 AM
I just hope wherever he goes he will trade a bunch of picks to us to get all the players that don't fit our system anymore.

Well the Bears haven't any (good) picks left. So Hopefully he ends up with a team 2nd rounders.

NFLBRONCO
12-26-2009, 11:58 AM

Who do you see as players that fit our system anymore?

HEAV
12-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Who do you see as players that fit our system anymore?

Royal, Hillis, Moss, Casey W, maybe Olsen.

NFLBRONCO
12-26-2009, 12:37 PM

Why isn't Royal our Welker?

rastaman
12-26-2009, 12:44 PM
You are missing the whole point, it was brought up that Shannahan would be a good fit in Chicago because of his ability to go into Chicago and have success in the draft with no high round draft picks. My point is Shanny was no draft guru, in fact I think his drafts were below average at best a C+.
Yes, he won two super bowls, so do you give credit to the jocky or the horse. I would be willing to bet a lot of average coaches would of won 2 SB's or more with Elway.

Well you can't deny that Shanny and the Goodmans were on a roll with their 06, 07, and 08 drafts. Something special was about to take place in Denver. Sadly, Bowlen fired Shanny about a year too early.

NFLBRONCO
12-26-2009, 12:53 PM

Does this mean Royal trade on or near draft day? Wouldn't you add Scheffler to the list?

Florida_Bronco
12-26-2009, 12:53 PM

Royal, Hillis, Moss and Olsen (especially since he was drafted by McD) could all fit in here, and I doubt Wiegmann will come back for another year.

rastaman
12-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Does this mean Royal trade on or near draft day? Wouldn't you add Scheffler to the list?

There's nothing wrong with Royal.....he just needs a QB that can throw him the ball accurately.

As for Hillis, although he play this game at a high level can't see us getting much trade value for him next season b/c he's 7th rnd pick in 08 and didn't play much in 09. McD should just stop the drama and cut/release Hillis outright and let him catch on with another team that can exploit his unique talent as a power runner and his receiver skills.

Same goes for Schefler, his skills don't match the offens scheme McD is using. However, you match Schefler in a passing offense with a QB that can make all the throws and you have a great tweener TE-WR player.

Imagine if Shanny was able to get his hands on Royal, Hillis, and Schefler next season!:sunshine:

NFLBRONCO
12-26-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't see how Hillis can't be used when your running game is struggling so bad. Moreno needs less carries not overdo it.

rastaman
12-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't see how Hillis can't be used when your running game is struggling so bad. Moreno needs less carries not overdo it.

You can't see b/c he's been on the bench all season. Let Hillis prove his doubters WRONG and allow Hillis to prove his supporters were RIGHT!

McD is running scared like a little biatcha?:sunshine:

NFLBRONCO
12-26-2009, 01:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with Royal.....he just needs a QB that can throw him the ball accurately.

As for Hillis, although he play this game at a high level can't see us getting much trade value for him next season b/c he's 7th rnd pick in 08 and didn't play much in 09. McD should just stop the drama and cut/release Hillis outright and let him catch on with another team that can exploit his unique talent as a power runner and his receiver skills.

Same goes for Schefler, his skills don't match the offens scheme McD is using. However, you match Schefler in a passing offense with a QB that can make all the throws and you have a great tweener TE-WR player.

Imagine if Shanny was able to get his hands on Royal, Hillis, and Schefler next season!:sunshine:

I agree on Royal with a real qb. I expect Shanny to snap up Hillis and Scheffler at least.

barryr
12-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Royal just needs a QB who throws the ball up for grabs and leads the NFL in interceptions.

lex
12-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree on Royal with a real qb. I expect Shanny to snap up Hillis and Scheffler at least.

...unless he goes to UF.

tsiguy96
12-26-2009, 04:20 PM
i really hope some of you follow shanahan to his new team, please so we dont have to hear it anymore.

ward63
12-26-2009, 04:21 PM
He's one heck of a WR for Pitt right now! 5 or 6 receptions

lex
12-26-2009, 04:22 PM
i really hope some of you follow shanahan to his new team, please so we dont have to hear it anymore.

When you win like Shanahan did, you win that kind of high regard and even allegiance. Deal with it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Well you can't deny that Shanny and the Goodmans were on a roll with their 06, 07, and 08 drafts. Something special was about to take place in Denver. Sadly, Bowlen fired Shanny about a year too early.

/rolleyes

Yes, another special 8-8 campaign. Catch the fever!

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 05:26 PM

For the love of god stfu god i can't wait till shanahan gets a job and fails so you will just stfu.

Triplelefthook
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
schefter says shanny is going to washington or chicago... so that's where he is going

rastaman
12-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah, Royal just needs a QB who throws the ball up for grabs and leads the NFL in interceptions.

Right now Royal has a QB that throws inaccurate uncatchable passes.;D

rastaman
12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
For the love of god stfu god i can't wait till shanahan gets a job and fails so you will just stfu.

Oh STFU w/o God and stop being such a hater! The jury is still out whether McD can be a success here in Denver. McD is still living in Shanny's shadow and doubt that McD will be able to duplicate in 6 years what Shanny was able to do in his first 6 years.:~ohyah!:

McD will always live in Shanny's shadow until he wins his first SB here in Denver.:thumbs:

bronco militia
12-26-2009, 07:40 PM

the entire offense?

rastaman
12-26-2009, 07:41 PM
/rolleyes

Yes, another special 8-8 campaign. Catch the fever!

Seems like we've all caught the 8-8/9-7 fever in 2009.:giggle: Shoulda just kept Shanahan for one more year.....RIGHT!

rastaman
12-26-2009, 07:43 PM

Spoken lilke a true Homer!;)

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh STFU w/o God and stop being such a hater! The jury is still out whether McD can be a success here in Denver. McD is still living in Shanny's shadow and doubt that McD will be able to duplicate in 6 years what Shanny was able to do in his first 6 years.:~ohyah!:

McD will always live in Shanny's shadow until he wins his first SB here in Denver.:thumbs:

Be a bronco fan you whiney pos.

rastaman
12-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Be a bronco fan you whiney pos.

I am a Bronco fan you POS!!! Just not a robotic Homer fan. Big Difference Moron.:thumbsup:

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 08:08 PM
no you're not..

rastaman
12-26-2009, 08:19 PM
no you're not..

Am too!:approve: Just not homer like you dude;)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Seems like we've all caught the 8-8/9-7 fever in 2009.:giggle: Shoulda just kept Shanahan for one more year.....RIGHT!

Again: What would be the point? The defense is now headed in the right direction, and there's a new offense being installed that King Tom Brady himself has said takes 2-3 years to learn.

What would keeping Shanahan for one more year have gotten us? Another embarrassingly poor defense? Sweet Baby Jay throwing 18-25 picks again?

No thank you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Am too!:approve: Just not homer like you dude;)

No you're not. When the team was winning you disappeared altogether. Now we've lost a few and you're suddenly here constantly.

rastaman a fan? ROFL! LOL Ha!

rastaman
12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Again: What would be the point? The defense is now headed in the right direction, and there's a new offense being installed that King Tom Brady himself has said takes 2-3 years to learn.

What would keeping Shanahan for one more year have gotten us? Another embarrassingly poor defense? Sweet Baby Jay throwing 18-25 picks again?

No thank you.

Oh well lets see wheter 2010 will be a repeat of 8-8 or 9-7. I'm not sold on McD at this point. But hey I'm patient.:sunshine:

rastaman
12-26-2009, 09:29 PM
No you're not. When the team was winning you disappeared altogether. Now we've lost a few and you're suddenly here constantly.

rastaman a fan? ROFL! LOL Ha!

Shhhhhh......calm down drama queen. Did you drink the McD kool aid after his 6-0 start where venus, pulto, and mars all lined up to give McD all those lucky wins.

Oh well teams have caught on/up to McD's voodo and he's gone 2-6 since then. Stay tuned Homer its going to get interesting!

NFLBRONCO
12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Isn't it safe to say Denver still has min 11 major needs to fill

NT DE LB LB C G G WR QB S CB

I do think its a few offseasons of work

rastaman
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Isn't it safe to say Denver still has min 11 major needs to fill

NT DE LB LB C G G WR QB S CB

Miracle McDaniel's is already game planning for this. At least thats what Popps told me.:sunshine:

steeledude
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM

This is the biggest misnomer I've seen around here (close second is that Cutler showed no improvement in his quarterbacking in his three years here).

The defense is not headed in the right direction. The defense has been turned around, but the guys who turned it around are OLD. John Lynch was dominant for a couple of years, and looked amazing, but when he dropped it was like he hit a brick wall. There was no transition. Our secondary is exceptionally old and the talent isn't there to replace them.

If McD's magic draft board of superiority doesn't improve next year then we're going to have some big problems. I have hope in our safeties, but Alphonso is looking worse and worse. We need PROMISING youth back there and fast while they can still learn from Dawkins and Champ.

Pony Boy
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Agreed, Shanahan is not our coach anymore, so I could care less where he goes and I hope he fails. I want every coach in the NFL to fail except for McDaniel's. There is no such thing as an amicable divorce in football.

Merlin
12-26-2009, 10:18 PM
the entire offense?
LOL
ROFL! Ha! ROFL!

The sad thing is, far too many times this season it would seem like that is the case.

broncocalijohn
12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Oh well lets see wheter 2010 will be a repeat of 8-8 or 9-7. I'm not sold on McD at this point. But hey I'm patient.:sunshine:

LOL suuuuure you are.

rastaman
12-27-2009, 06:58 AM
LOL suuuuure you are.

Oh the irony of blind robotic homerism!!!;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2009, 08:58 AM
This is the biggest misnomer I've seen around here (close second is that Cutler showed no improvement in his quarterbacking in his three years here).

The defense is not headed in the right direction. The defense has been turned around, but the guys who turned it around are OLD. John Lynch was dominant for a couple of years, and looked amazing, but when he dropped it was like he hit a brick wall. There was no transition. Our secondary is exceptionally old and the talent isn't there to replace them.

If McD's magic draft board of superiority doesn't improve next year then we're going to have some big problems. I have hope in our safeties, but Alphonso is looking worse and worse. We need PROMISING youth back there and fast while they can still learn from Dawkins and Champ.

And you're not giving this enough time. Troy Polamalu was absolutely god awful his first year in this league. AWFUL. Good thing he wasn't a Bronco; you would have been demanding that we cut him to make room for Peyton Hillis II. /rolleyes

The Defense IS headed in the right direction. The scheme is in place, now we draft talented youngsters to fulfill that system. They learn under guys like Champ and Dawk, and see the field when they're ready.

Did you really think it would be a one-year turnaround?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh the irony of blind robotic homerism!!!;D

You don't know what irony means, do you?

Dagmar
12-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Awesome thread. Schefter just reported Shanny won't go near the Texans or Bears jobs because of his relationships with Kubes and Lovie.

peacepipe
12-27-2009, 09:00 AM
According adam schefter Shanahan is not interested in chicago or houton due to his friendships with both Gary Kubiak & Lovie Smith,FYI.

peacepipe
12-27-2009, 09:01 AM
jinx

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Awesome thread. Schefter just reported Shanny won't go near the Texans or Bears jobs because of his relationships with Kubes and Lovie.

Has boob reported on this yet? I heard Shanahan was already coaching the Chiefs. The deal was done, I heard.

:rofl:
:thanku:

steeledude
12-27-2009, 01:32 PM
And you're not giving this enough time. Troy Polamalu was absolutely god awful his first year in this league. AWFUL. Good thing he wasn't a Bronco; you would have been demanding that we cut him to make room for Peyton Hillis II. /rolleyes

The Defense IS headed in the right direction. The scheme is in place, now we draft talented youngsters to fulfill that system. They learn under guys like Champ and Dawk, and see the field when they're ready.

I think one of our defensive rookies could look good though. I mean it is difficult to build a truly dominant defense, and this one looks like one but it has more in common with our 05 defense than the Steeler defense. We're one injury away from collapsing. It is thinly held together.

And no one brought up Peyton Hillis. I don't even know how that fits into this at all.

Kaylore
12-29-2009, 06:32 PM

Casey Wiegman is probably done. We drafted Olsen and he's more of a big road grader than one of the smaller variety. Hamilton, Royal, Scheffler and Hillis are definite possibilities. If he goes to either Washington, Dallas or Chicago it is unlikely that he'll need a TE though...

BroncoBuff
12-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Casey Wiegman is probably done. We drafted Olsen and he's more of a big road grader than one of the smaller variety.
I dunno Khan ... people said the exact same thing about Lichtensteiger last season. At the salary Casey's making, I think he's a lock to be back. If he does leave, I think Hamilton has a better chance to replace him than Olsen.

Leave some room for disgreement there rather than being so sure you're right. That kind of certainty had guys like you yelling at dissenters last year who thought DeSean Jackson was a better bet than Royal.

And you're just wrong about the bolded part there, we did NOT draft defenders for this system. Ayers only (the three DBs of course work in any scheme). Lots of folks - me included - still think we erred in not addressing the front seven in the draft. I have always thought - and will ALWAYS think - that a good defense in any scheme starts up front. Our new look and Dumervil's pass rush have hidden serious weaknesses here, hopefully we address them this coming offseason.

~Crash~
12-31-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't buy it.

I think the Redskins already have Shan locked up.

Home I Buy

~Crash~
12-31-2009, 09:46 PM
I dunno Khan ... people said the exact same thing about Lichtensteiger last season. At the salary Casey's making, I think he's a lock to be back. If he does leave, I think Hamilton has a better chance to replace him than Olsen.

Leave some room for disgreement there rather than being so sure you're right. That kind of certainty had guys like you yelling at dissenters last year who thought DeSean Jackson was a better bet than Royal.

And you're just wrong about the bolded part there, we did NOT draft defenders for this system. Ayers only (the three DBs of course work in any scheme). Lots of folks - me included - still think we erred in not addressing the front seven in the draft. I have always thought - and will ALWAYS think - that a good defense in any scheme starts up front. Our new look and Dumervil's pass rush have hidden serious weaknesses here, hopefully we address them this coming offseason.

well if we come out of this draft with out at least 2 DT I will blow a gasket.

~Crash~
12-31-2009, 09:47 PM
this DT Class is deep

BroncoBuff
12-31-2009, 09:52 PM
this DT Class is deep

Cody is a chance maybe? Bears will finish 7-9 if they beat the Lions, that's pick #12-14 ....

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Cody is a chance maybe? Bears will finish 7-9 if they beat the Lions, that's pick #12-14 ....

I like Dan Williams also he is a damn fine player he is a late 1rst round draft pick.

~Crash~
01-01-2010, 08:43 AM

Cody needs to finish his weight loss . the thing is he has done what his coach has asked him to do each year . so yes I want him. he is a Impact player and IMO if he keeps up losing weight 30 pound off and he will be the best Lineman ever in the NFL so yes you take a chance on him .

Bronco Warrior
01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
One Thing: Don't think for one second that the smoke from J Jones and Shanny isn't a smoke screen! Shanny would love to be in Dallas..he and Jones a chums..lol! Romo would be out on his ass though.
Chicago would be a ideal place for Shanny but might not get the money he wants. Either wat..we stop paying him and that is good! lol!

TonyR
01-01-2010, 09:25 AM

Cody is generally not considered a top 20 pick right now. If the Chargers don't take him to eventually replace Jamaal Williams he could possibly not even be a first rounder. But of course there's lots of time for prospects rise and fall.