PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy, Eagles (Part II)

Gort
12-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Eagles players honor Michael Vick with award for courage

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Eagles-players-honor-Michael-Vick-with-award-for?urn=nfl,210601

Today, the Eagles announced that Michael Vick was the 2009 winner of the Ed Block Courage Award, an honor given to a player who shows courage in the face of adversity. Vick's teammates voted for the award, thus demonstrating how tone-deaf and out-of-touch NFL players are with reality.

Apparently Philadelphia players confuse Vick handling dogfighting questions and booing with a measure of class as some sort of courage. That Vick only got a chance to show this mild courageousness because of the extreme cowardice it takes to murder helpless animals isn't something that crosses their mind. They confuse Vick's desperation with some sort of integrity.

Los Broncos
12-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Not surprising at all.

Popps
12-24-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.cantedmagazine.com/columns/Villains/michael_vick.jpg

Courage.

Requiem
12-24-2009, 11:23 AM
He fought dogs. Oh well. Move on.

Beantown Bronco
12-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Courage must = lying in the face of your former boss about everything when questioned by him. I'd love to get a quote from Arthur Blank about this.

WABronco
12-24-2009, 11:33 AM
"I've had to overcome a lot, more than probably one single individual can bear," Vick said. "Take a look at what I've been through. You ask certain people to walk in my shoes, they probably couldn't do it. Probably 95 percent of the people in this world -- because nobody had to endure what I've been through, situations I've been put in, situations I've placed myself in, decisions that I've made -- whether they were good or bad."

Hahahahahaha no you can't have my sympathy you ****ing douche nozzle scum bucket.

What a joke.

WABronco
12-24-2009, 11:34 AM

Uh, no.

phillybroncosnut
12-24-2009, 07:51 PM
DIS-GUST-TING!!!! And RE-FUGGIN-DICULOUS

Br0nc0Buster
12-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Vick is a piece of **** and always will be

steeledude
12-24-2009, 10:18 PM
A side note: This is an award every team gets right? Who did the Broncos choose?

On topic: The Vick deal is absolutely retarded.

dark_hawk
12-24-2009, 11:27 PM
A side note: This is an award every team gets right? Who did the Broncos choose?

http://www.edblock.org/content/ed-block-courage-award-recipients

that has the entire list but it was Dawkins

The Moops
12-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I live an hour from Philly, I could probably get tickets . . . but it will be too darn cold, they will probably lose, and Elway and Floyd Little are no longer on the team!

Rugby7
12-25-2009, 11:01 AM

What? FU

Bronx33
12-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Vick is a piece of **** and always will be

this...

Bigdawg26
12-25-2009, 01:01 PM
GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What he did was wrong and he served his time...

KevinJames
12-25-2009, 01:06 PM

you know what I don't think that Macaulay Culkin look is really working for you homie.

RhymesayersDU
12-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Here's what I want to know:

Why does the NFL even have a courage award to begin with? I mean, do any NFL players really face adversity in their everyday life like normal people? I mean, I know these guys are human. I know some have kids with disabilities, family members who die, etc. I know it's not all roses. But still, do millionaires really need a courage award?

Hogan11
12-25-2009, 01:27 PM
They don't care so why should you?

Requiem
12-25-2009, 01:32 PM
you know what I don't think that Macaulay Culkin look is really working for you homie.

Picture is a year old, oddly enough my hair is still that long this time around. Gotta keep the hair long for the cold Fargo winters, Mr. Kevin James.

And if you are offended by my comments saying "Move on." -- fine by me. I'm not condoning his actions, it is just time for people to stop bitching about them. Fighting dogs isn't right, but there are a whole lot of things on the "moral list" that he could have done that would have been considered worse.

He did his time. Whether or not he is a changed man is not for me to judge. Especially when I do my own fair share of questionable things. :yayaya:

gtown
12-25-2009, 02:23 PM
No amount of "courage" awards are gonna keep Vick outta hell for killing defenseless creatures. The only way he avoids that fate is a 5 year stint with the Raiders, or for those who are fans of irony, the Browns.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Vick ain't goin' to Hell for dog fightin'. That is silly.

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Society falls victum and tends to recommit our errors time and time again. As evidenced by this stupid ****ing award he was given.

I am boycotting the game due to this douchebag.

Take your pity party back over to broncos forums... oh wait they banned your ass.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Must not have much of a backbone (or anything) if you are boycotting a football game because Vick is playing in it. What are you, six? Christ man, grow a pair.

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Must not have much of a backbone (or anything) if you are boycotting a football game because Vick is playing in it. What are you, six? Christ man, grow a pair.
You wouldnt know anything about having a pair.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:03 PM
You wouldnt know anything about having a pair.

Pair of socks? A pair in poker? Come on now. But seriously. How childish are you?

You are going to boycott an NFL game because Vick is playing in it because he fought dogs, yet somehow are able to tolerate watching other NFL games with players who are involved in drug trafficking, drug usage, domestic violence or have committed other serious offenses?

I bet you stopped drinking Mountain Dew when they switched up the label too. :thumbsup:

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Pair of socks? A pair in poker? Come on now. But seriously. How childish are you?

You are going to boycott an NFL game because Vick is playing in it because he fought dogs, yet somehow are able to tolerate watching other NFL games with players who are involved in drug trafficking, drug usage, domestic violence or have committed other serious offenses?

I bet you stopped drinking Mountain Dew when they switched up the label too. :thumbsup:what i am saying is you are a b**** ass mofo

Talk about growing up. werent you just crying in another thread becuase you didnt get a christmas present. pft.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:09 PM
what i am saying is you are a b**** ass mofo

Kind of ironic coming from the guy who is boycotting an NFL game because Vick decided to let a couple of dogs get at eachother. That to me, would be the definition of "bitch ass mofo." Perhaps another word that rhymes with wussy, minus the w -- replaced with a p. You must really love animals!

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:13 PM
And, no. I wasn't crying. I was kidding around. I could care less if I get Christmas gifts or not. Christmas ain't about the gifts, Mr. Hawking.

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Kind of ironic coming from the guy who is boycotting an NFL game because Vick decided to let a couple of dogs get at eachother. That to me, would be the definition of "b**** ass mofo." Perhaps another word that rhymes with wussy, minus the w -- replaced with a p. You must really love animals!

That is one thing i draw the line on. Dude drown dogs in a five gallon bucket, stuck a lead to their ear and nuts and stuck the plug in a light socket. It is a personal thing with me. I could give a rats ass what you think.

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:15 PM
And, no. I wasn't crying. I was kidding around. I could care less if I get Christmas gifts or not. Christmas ain't about the gifts, Mr. Hawking.
Its your story tell it like you want. I just see through it.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:18 PM
But you don't draw the line on NFL players who beat their spouses, are involved in drugs or have killed people? Interesting. People and their morals!

Its your story tell it like you want. I just see through it.

LOL. I bet. Keep pouring out your little heart for the dogs Vick slaughtered though. I'm sure it'll bring them back. Woof woof!

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:25 PM
But you don't draw the line on NFL players who beat their spouses, are involved in drugs or have killed people? Interesting. People and their morals!
This comeing from the guy that talks about smacking hos and making it rain and all the other BS you spout on the net. You have no room to talk. You are the one glorifying it.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:29 PM
This comeing from the guy that talks about smacking hos and making it rain and all the other BS you spout on the net. You have no room to talk. You are the one glorifying it.

I have all the room in the world to talk, Mr. OTM. Players can do what they want off the field. There are consequences for bad behavior. It ain't on me. That isn't going to stop me from watching the game. People are imperfect. I realize this. Did a long, long time ago. Point is, and ends here, you are a poopstick for boycotting a game (doubt you actually do, the posts above seem to indicate you are not a strong-willed person) just because Vick tossed up a few doggies for gourmet meals.

Wah, wah, wah.

Northman
12-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Vick getting a courage award. Thats hilarious.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Vick getting a courage award. Thats hilarious.

DeSean Jackson should have got it for the Eagles. Courage to be badass every time he steps on the field. Jackson > Royal -- in many ways, I'm still miffed about that. :spit:

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I have all the room in the world to talk, Mr. OTM. Players can do what they want off the field. There are consequences for bad behavior. It ain't on me. That isn't going to stop me from watching the game. People are imperfect. I realize this. Did a long, long time ago. Point is, and ends here, you are a poopstick for boycotting a game (doubt you actually do, the posts above seem to indicate you are not a strong-willed person) just because Vick tossed up a few doggies for gourmet meals.

Wah, wah, wah.
Because it takes a strong will to watch a game?

weak willed ha! you know very little about me. I can garuntee you wouldnt think that if you really knew me :)

Spin it how you want lad. I can see right through you.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm sure you can. You are probably one of those guys who thinks they see all the angles, but never has the balls to play them. Seems like it you are weak-willed. FWIW, wouldn't care to know you. Don't seem educated, have a poor grammar and a relatively poor "tough guy" attitude. I don't even want to know more about you. If you are anything more than a teenager age-wise, I would be embarassed in regards to how you interact with others or conduct yourself. Even on this medium. G'day. Enjoy Christ!

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm sure you can. You are probably one of those guys who thinks they see all the angles, but never has the balls to play them. Seems like it you are weak-willed. FWIW, wouldn't care to know you. Don't seem educated, have a poor grammar and a relatively poor "tough guy" attitude. I don't even want to know more about you. If you are anything more than a teenager age-wise, I would be embarassed in regards to how you interact with others or conduct yourself. Even on this medium. G'day. Enjoy Christ!
LOL you broke out the grammar insult HAHAHA. Yes i am a neanderthal.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 04:04 PM
No you are not. Claiming such is an insult to Neanderthals. Their language capacity was much better than yours.

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 04:06 PM
dude your insults are getting worse by the post. Dont you have some hos to slap around? Maybe you could go down to the club and make it rain some more IOU's. Anyhow i gotta get out of here. Ill let you have the last insult... try and make it a good one.

Requiem
12-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I wasn't trying to insult you. Just pointing out a fact that although they had a limited capacity for language, Neanderthals were likely more articulate than you. Have a good day squeezing one out to Petsmart Magazine.

Gort
12-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Here's what I want to know:

Why does the NFL even have a courage award to begin with? I mean, do any NFL players really face adversity in their everyday life like normal people? I mean, I know these guys are human. I know some have kids with disabilities, family members who die, etc. I know it's not all roses. But still, do millionaires really need a courage award?

i agree that the word courage is misused in today's world. courage is charging a MG nest alone with your carbine and a couple of hand grenades, so that you can stop it from killing your buddies. soldiers win awards for that. often posthumously. that's courage.

however, there are some NFL players who overcome adversity beyond what would be fair to expect. a couple of guys who were paralyzed have worked hard to regain partial use of their legs. not that they'd ever play in the NFL again, but they do become role models for how they dealt with such serious injuries. i think that's the sort of stuff that the NFL originally intended to recognize.

i don't see any courage at all with vick.

ol number 7
12-26-2009, 05:00 AM
i agree that the word courage is misused in today's world. courage is charging a MG nest alone with your carbine and a couple of hand grenades, so that you can stop it from killing your buddies. soldiers win awards for that. often posthumously. that's courage.

however, there are some NFL players who overcome adversity beyond what would be fair to expect. a couple of guys who were paralyzed have worked hard to regain partial use of their legs. not that they'd ever play in the NFL again, but they do become role models for how they dealt with such serious injuries. i think that's the sort of stuff that the NFL originally intended to recognize.

i don't see any courage at all with vick.

Let's see if Vick has the courage to throw at Champ or Dawk