PDA

View Full Version : Watching Chris Johnson Makes me Jealous

rugbythug
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
The Guy can fly no doubt. But every time he got the ball the LOS was clean and he could hit a hole before a hand got laid on him. I think we forget what that looks like. Not even TD could be TD when the LOS Goes back a step at the snap and you are dodging people in the Backfield. We need some Beef.

Tombstone RJ
12-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I noticed that too. Johnson never goes backwards, and when he does get tackled, he's always beyond the LOS and falling forward. Just like TD.

Kudos to the Titans oline for providing Johnson the space to make a play. The Titans and Johnson reveal the symbiotic relationship between a successful running back and an offensive line that knows how to run block.

HEAV
12-24-2009, 09:14 AM
The Guy can fly no doubt. But every time he got the ball the LOS was clean and he could hit a hole before a hand got laid on him. I think we forget what that looks like. Not even TD could be TD when the LOS Goes back a step at the snap and you are dodging people in the Backfield. We need some Beef.

The years of cheap & late round under weight linemen are over. Shanny even saw it coming when he drafted Bigger tackles like foster and then a talent like Clady falls to him in the draft.

But the Guard/Center combo on the left side needs a HUGE upgrade. Denver still have one of the smallest O-Lines in the NFL. McDaniels wants a power running game and that will require power blockers.