PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Bowl Tonight: Beavs vs. Cougs

OCBronco
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Really looking forward to this matchup. Two very well-coached teams.

Plus, as an added bonus, I really like the OSU QB Canfield. I'd really like the Broncos to spend a 4th round pick on him next year. A very savvy passer. (Plus, I'm not as high on some of the so-called "can't miss" QB prospects next year.)

Bronco LB52
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
What's crazy is that Canfield wasn't even the starting QB in the preseason. Lyle Moevao was.

LAS VEGAS BOWL PLAYERS TO WATCH

Oregon State
QB: 5 Sean Canfield (Sr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
RB: 1 Jacquizz Rodgers (So.) - Third team All-American, First team All-Pac Ten
WR: 8 James Rodgers (Jr.) - Second team All-American, First team All-Pac Ten
WR: 80 Damola Adeniji (Sr.)
C: 60 Alex Linnekohl (Jr.)
RG: 73 Gregg Peat (Sr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
DT: 54 Stephen Paea (Jr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
WLB: 35 Keith Pankey (Jr.)
MLB: 59 Dwight Roberson (Jr.)
SLB: 32 Keaton Kristick (Sr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
SLB: 45 David Pa'aluhi (So.)

BYU
QB: 15 Max Hall (Sr.) - Second team All-MWC
RB: 45 Harvey Unga (Jr.) - First team All-MWC
WR/KR: 11 O'Neill Chambers (So.)
TE: 32 Dennis Pitta (Sr.) - First team All-MWC
TE: 88 Andrew George (Sr.) - Second team All-MWC
LT: 70 Matt Reynolds (So.) - First team All-MWC
C: 64 R.J. Willing (Sr.)
DE: 84 Jan Jorgensen (Sr.) - First team All-MWC
DE: 92 Brett Denney (Sr.)
WLB: 41 Coleby Clawson (Sr.)
CB: 4 Brian Logan (Jr.)
SS: 22 Andrew Rich (Jr.) - Second team All-MWC
FS: 21 Scott Johnson (Sr.)

SouthStndJunkie
12-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Oregon State 34

BYU 24

OCBronco
12-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Oregon State 34

BYU 24

Sounds about right to me. Should be fun to watch.

Bronco LB52
12-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Oregon State 34

BYU 24

Mike Riley is trying to lead the Beavers to their fourth straight postseason top-25 ranking after being unranked during the preseason.

OCBronco
12-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Um. Yeah, nevermind.

That turned into a blowout quickly. Sheesh.

SouthStndJunkie
12-22-2009, 08:53 PM
BYU is pounding lots of Beaver tonight.

Orange4Life
12-22-2009, 09:21 PM
This is the best BYU's secondary has played all year. The wind probably helps but BYU's receivers are still getting open.

Ambiguous
12-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm still watching this, I have no idea why.

I have such a love hate relationship with college football. It really has the potential to be hands down the best sport out there, dare I say even better than the NFL. For the love of god, why can't we get a playoff system?

Play2win
12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
BYU is pounding lots of Beaver tonight.

Don't Drink, Don't Smoke... What do you DO?

Taco John
12-22-2009, 09:41 PM
"The wheels are off the Beaver bus!"

Bronco LB52
12-23-2009, 03:26 AM
It's disgusting watching BYU play in this bowl game for the fifth straight year, while unranked BCS teams are playing in New Years Day games.

loborugger
12-23-2009, 08:01 AM
The Mtn West is now 2 and 0 in bowl games this year, with Wyo winning as 2 TD underdogs and BYU dominating Ore State.

Kaylore
12-23-2009, 08:41 AM
It's disgusting watching BYU play in this bowl game for the fifth straight year, while unranked BCS teams are playing in New Years Day games.

What are you going to do? They screwed TCU and Boise. The Las Vegas Bowl sucks. Everything about it screams second tier.

As for this game, the poor wind conditions really killed the Beaver offense. I also think the penalty on the punt, would-be fumble really took the wind out of the Beavers' sails. To that point it looked like an even match. I'm grateful my Cougs go out beating Utah and winning their crappy bowl game. I am also happy Max Hall will move on. I was never a big Max Hall fan.

I hope Pitta gets drafted somewhere cool. And hopefully not Oakland.

Wes Mantooth
12-23-2009, 09:16 AM
What are you going to do? They screwed TCU and Boise. The Las Vegas Bowl sucks. Everything about it screams second tier.

As for this game, the poor wind conditions really killed the Beaver offense. I also think the penalty on the punt, would-be fumble really took the wind out of the Beavers' sails. To that point it looked like an even match. I'm grateful my Cougs go out beating Utah and winning their crappy bowl game. I am also happy Max Hall will move on. I was never a big Max Hall fan.

I hope Pitta gets drafted somewhere cool. And hopefully not Oakland.

Agreed, beavs need to be able to throw the ball and that wind really messed em up. Not to mention the refs did them no favors for about 3. Quarters

orange 4 life
12-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Way to go Cougs!!!!!!!!!

Fun game to watch. Just more ammo in the gun pointed at the BcS.

Mtn. West should be included.

....and was I the only one watching BYU score at will in the red zone and wishing the Broncos could even OCCASIONALLY make it look that easy?

P.S.- I'm MORE than happy with Orton and hope we don't waste ANY pick on a qb (let alone that one), but I WOULD love to see us go after Harvey Unga. He's not the quickest guy out there, but he's big, strong, hits the hole quickly, and is MONEY in short yardage. Shanahan NEVER drafted BYU players (unfortunately), but here's to hoping McD doesn't have the same bias. Ask the colts how they feel about their recent STEAL pick at WR.

Wes Mantooth
12-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Way to go Cougs!!!!!!!!!

Fun game to watch. Just more ammo in the gun pointed at the BcS.

Mtn. West should be included.

....and was I the only one watching BYU score at will in the red zone and wishing the Broncos could even OCCASIONALLY make it look that easy?

P.S.- I'm MORE than happy with Orton and hope we don't waste ANY pick on a qb (let alone that one), but I WOULD love to see us go after Harvey Unga. He's not the quickest guy out there, but he's big, strong, hits the hole quickly, and is MONEY in short yardage. Shanahan NEVER drafted BYU players (unfortunately), but here's to hoping McD doesn't have the same bias. Ask the colts how they feel about their recent STEAL pick at WR.

pass on Unga. Don't know his age, my guess is about 24 or 25. We already have one of him and he can't seem to get on the field.