PDA

View Full Version : worse play ever!

Bronx33
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3BorxSYgyo&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3BorxSYgyo&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

bpc
12-22-2009, 01:08 PM
I still think the OT screen is worse based on sheer stupidity. I've seen fake field goals work... i've never seen a OT screen DO ANYTHING.

Dagmar
12-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here come the haters. Wow, before I'd even posted!

Smiling Assassin27
12-22-2009, 01:09 PM
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3BorxSYgyo&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3BorxSYgyo&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Hey, they can't play EVERY game against the Broncos special teams...

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 01:11 PM
They thought they are playing DENVER BRONCOS..

Los Broncos
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Does anyone think Zorn did it to get back or embarass the team?

Smiling Assassin27
12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Does anyone think Zorn did it to get back or embarass the team?

This ain't the California Penal League, Vaughn. We're professionals here! We don't tank plays for personal reasons, so cut the cry baby sh*t!

Sincerely,

Jake Taylor

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:jeR89Lf6UWAWiM:http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/109424_main.jpg

Los Broncos
12-22-2009, 02:04 PM
This ain't the California Penal League, Vaughn. We're professionals here! We don't tank plays for personal reasons, so cut the cry baby sh*t!

Sincerely,

Jake Taylor

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:jeR89Lf6UWAWiM:http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/109424_main.jpg

It was worth a try.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I still think the OT screen is worse based on sheer stupidity. I've seen fake field goals work... i've never seen a OT screen DO ANYTHING.

The OT screen is not worse, come the **** on. It was a gimmick play that didn't work, but the idea behind it (the last person you'd expect to get the ball is your left tackle) lends it some credibility. Now, not lining up properly is inexcusable, but the fake field goal was much dumber.

You've become such a miserable asshole. Go get a drink or something.

Taco John
12-22-2009, 02:19 PM

It seems like Shanahan ran something like that once - but it worked. Ah yes, he did, I remember now... But it was to House.

Taco John
12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
The OT screen is not worse, come the **** on. It was a gimmick play that didn't work, but the idea behind it (the last person you'd expect to get the ball is your left tackle) lends it some credibility. Now, not lining up properly is inexcusable, but the fake field goal was much dumber.

You've become such a miserable a-hole. Go get a drink or something.

Yeah, how dare anybody criticize a left tackle screen that contributed to a Raiders loss at home. Where do people get off anyway!

Bronx33
12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
It seems like Shanahan ran something like that once - but it worked. Ah yes, he did, I remember now... But it was to House.

Ummmm we don't say the S word around here anymore Mmmmmmmmmmmkay.

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I am pretty sure if it is our team, they would have scored TD.

BigPlayShay
12-22-2009, 02:29 PM

We did actually run this same play with success this year against Kansas City:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814bd92e/Orton-to-Graham-TD

The difference against the Raiders is that we lined up Clady at the TE position and tossed it to him. I don't think that the issue was that Clady did not report eligible, I think the reason there was a penalty was that Marshall lined up on the line of scrimmage rather than off, that made Clady an inelligible reciever.

DBroncos4life
12-22-2009, 02:33 PM

You've become such a miserable a-hole. Go get a drink or something.

The Skins were down 24 points and it was the last play of the half. The Skins also are not in a playoff race.

Inside the 10 yard line isn't the best time to call a trick play up 3 points during a playoff race. Plays like a pass to the LT is fine in preseason but it was called at the worst time for us.

I mean ask yourself of the two plays which one had the worst effect on the team? Do you think that fake field goal had any effect on the outcome of that game at all?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-22-2009, 02:41 PM
The Skins were down 24 points and it was the last play of the half. The Skins also are not in a playoff race.

Inside the 10 yard line isn't the best time to call a trick play up 3 points during a playoff race. Plays like a pass to the LT is fine in preseason but it was called at the worst time for us.

I mean ask yourself of the two plays which one had the worst effect on the team? Do you think that fake field goal had any effect on the outcome of that game at all?

Probably not, but do you think the LT screen was the difference in the broncos game? It wasn't, come on. I'm not suggesting it was a GOOD play, i'm saying its not the worst play ever.

Plus, the design of the fake field goal was doomed from go.

oubronco
12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
that didn't have a chance

WolfpackGuy
12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't know which was dumber.

Last night's play, Clady's play, or the Broncos falling for the fake coming out of a timeout when they already saw the fake being lined up against the Skins!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't know which was dumber.

Last night's play, Clady's play, or the Broncos falling for the fake coming out of a timeout when they already saw the fake being lined up against the Skins!

The third was definitely the dumbest

BigPlayShay
12-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Also, against San Diego in 2003 Plummer threw a TD pass to Cooper Carlisle as a Tackle eligible.

WolfpackGuy
12-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I love McCoy's excuse for the Clady play.

"It worked in practice."

That's it?

They must not have practiced it too much because they didn't even line up right.

loborugger
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
that didn't have a chance

It didnt have a chance the first it was called. It had even less of a chance after the time out was called. That made throwing it all on 23 at the roulette table look smart.

DBroncos4life
12-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Probably not, but do you think the LT screen was the difference in the broncos game? It wasn't, come on. I'm not suggesting it was a GOOD play, i'm saying its not the worst play ever.

Plus, the design of the fake field goal was doomed from go.

I don't think it helped at all. I would rather have second and five instead of second and ten. It by far and away was the WORST play we ran this year.

gyldenlove
12-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't get that play, 4 or 5 of the Redskins in that bunch never run downfield, a few does, I think it was supposed to be a screen but the punter threw the ball downfield instead of behind the blockers.

I remember the Giants did something similar many years ago, the motioned the entire offensive line out to the right, snapped the ball and it was supposed to run like a screen with 5 blockers out front, but it didn't work since the defense was able to run around the blockers.

azbroncfan
12-22-2009, 04:14 PM
They did same thing against us and it went for 7 and turned the game around.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-22-2009, 05:44 PM

It wasnt close to the same play other than they were both fake field goals

Mr
12-22-2009, 06:00 PM

And they didnt try it twice.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-22-2009, 06:08 PM

They did actually, didn't they?

Mr
12-22-2009, 06:19 PM
They did actually, didn't they?

Am I wrong?
Now I have to check the PVR.
Urgh.
I dont want to relive that game.

Bronco Bob
12-22-2009, 06:59 PM

That and knocking Orton out of the game and forcing the Broncos to use that worthless Simms for QB.

azbroncfan
12-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Yes they did and they were the exact same play.

Inkana7
12-22-2009, 07:41 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8PgdAQkq4gI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8PgdAQkq4gI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stfu.

DBroncos4life
12-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Inkana7 everyone knows there is little difference between college and NFL. :oyvey:

Inkana7
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
The principles are the same. A screen is a screen.

DBroncos4life
12-22-2009, 09:04 PM
The principles are the same. A screen is a screen.

Speed of the game isn't. There are lots of plays you can run in college that would fail in the NFL. Why do you think people stay away from system teams players? Texas Tech has some of the most impressive stats for QB's every year and there isn't one Tech QB starting in the NFL.

broncosteven
12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
We did actually run this same play with success this year against Kansas City:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814bd92e/Orton-to-Graham-TD

The difference against the Raiders is that we lined up Clady at the TE position and tossed it to him. I don't think that the issue was that Clady did not report eligible, I think the reason there was a penalty was that Marshall lined up on the line of scrimmage rather than off, that made Clady an inelligible reciever.

This was a totally different play and package, the only thing the same was that the Oline (including Clady) sprinted right.

Graham was lined up as a traditional TE.

VS the Raiders they had Marshall wide, on the LOS, and no TE.

I see room in the playbook for this type of play closer to the line if the staff sees something on film.

The reason I am feed up about it is that Orton did not see Marshall lined up wrong, Marshall didn't realize he was lined up wrong, the OC didn't see Marshall lined up wrong, The HC didn't see Marshall lined up wrong.

If someone had called a TO or audibled out of the error I would be less hard on them but no one caught it just like no one caught, and adjusted, when the Redskins lined up with the fake punt TWICE! TWICE!

This is a trend.