PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels: It Is Time To Pull Your Head Out

Pony Boy
12-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Pull Your Head Out of the Sand Coach!

Get real, be honest with yourself and say it is so. Josh McDaniels makes a lot of ignorant calls on the offensive side of the ball, all in the name of selfish pride and arrogance. You donít believe it still? Tackle-eligible plays, as rare as they are, usually get run on very short yardage situations because of the vulnerability of an offensive lineman handling the ball. So explain the reasoning to yourself why Josh McDaniels calls a tackle-eligible play to Ryan Clady on the Raider 10 yard line that fails and is penalized. Go ahead, explain that one.

Much was made last week about the lack of playing time for Peyton Hillis, even after starting running back Correll Buckhalter went down with an injury against the Colts. Given the number of short yardage situations the Broncos found themselves in last week and this week, the under bet in Vegas won on this one. Hillis was not used last week or this week even after the Broncos failed countless times on short yardage with a lack of imagination in the play calling and execution.

Perhaps the most damaging indictment against Coach McDaniels was when one of his New England kids, LaMont Jordan, gained a first down and emotionally got up doing a similar gesture to the Gator clap, but he was pounding his fist repeatedly telling his coaches to pound the ball into the end zone from the five with the running game. So true to form the Broncos threw an incompletion through the back of the end zone on the very next play. That forced them into a passing situation on third down which thankfully produced a Brandon Marshall touchdown by the slimmest of margins. The point however is the Broncos are not running well right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/312114-its-time-coach-mcdaniels-pull-his-head-out-of-the-sand

Killericon
12-22-2009, 10:21 AM
He's a young coach who has shown flashes of brilliance, and sheer arrogance. Give it time.

Pick Six
12-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I remember the Broncos not being able to stop Jordan when he was a stinkin' Raider. Who knows what would have happened if we tried the same thing AGAINST the Raiders? I've been a McDaniels fan since the beginning, but the playcalling was frustrating to watch...

Traveler
12-22-2009, 10:27 AM
i remember the broncos not being able to stop jordan when he was a stinkin' raider. Who knows what would have happened if we tried the same thing against the raiders? i've been a mcdaniels fan since the beginning, but the playcalling was frustrating to watch...

+1

Los Broncos
12-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I remember the Broncos not being able to stop Jordan when he was a stinkin' Raider. Who knows what would have happened if we tried the same thing AGAINST the Raiders? I've been a McDaniels fan since the beginning, but the playcalling was frustrating to watch...

I feel the same way on the play calling, +1.

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I never seen a coach call the plays like the way we did it against OAK.
If he continues to do the same against PHI..the game will be over by half.

We got so many opportunities to win the game.
Mcd : Moreno is not ready to take full load..Please give more carries to Hillis or Lamont.

Pony Boy
12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't think it's ignorance and hope it's just selfish pride and arrogance because that's something he can overcome with maturity but when your watching the game it's really hard to tell the difference.

bpc
12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
His sheer brilliant thus far has been hiring Nolan. I haven't seen any brilliance on the offensive side of the ball.

This is just fact.

Mountain Bronco
12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Open up the freaking game. We did against Washington and then Orton went down and bam, back to this dink and dunk crap. Dink and dump doesn't work if they are sitting on it. The threat of a deep pass is a must for the running game and short passing game. 8-9 in the box works great against the short pass and the run and we are getting stuffed. The offense is very frustrating.

Broncoman13
12-22-2009, 11:24 AM
He's a young coach who has shown flashes of brilliance, and sheer arrogance. Give it time.

I agree with this. He is learning on the job and has shown a lot of promise for the future. There are plenty of head coaches that have struggled their first year's on the job. Hell, someone just pointed out that Shanny was 8-8 his first year WITH Elway. If a HOF coach with a HOF QB can go 8-8 in his first season, I'm okay with a rookie HC going 8-8 or 9-7 or even 10-6 with Kyle Orton.

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 11:27 AM
He kept his brain at home during bye week.

Rohirrim
12-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Damn, that one gadget play is reaching Mt. Rushmore proportions. If it works, he's a genius. It didn't. Oh well. How does McD stack up against the rest of the first year head coaches in the league this year? I'd say he's doing okay. Hell, I thought we'd go 4 and 12. Instead, it looks like McD might be taking us to the playoffs. His first year. Excellent!

Requiem
12-22-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I really like McDaniels fashion.

WolfpackGuy
12-22-2009, 12:55 PM
His sheer brilliant thus far has been hiring Nolan. I haven't seen any brilliance on the offensive side of the ball.

This is just fact.

Noone told you?

Passing to your tackles is the next big thing.