PDA

View Full Version : Broncos eyeing ... The Eagles

oubronco
12-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Broncos eyeing ... The Eagles
Broncos at Eagles, 2:15 p.m. Sunday, KCNC-4
Posted: 12/22/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

Records: Philadelphia 10-4, Denver 8-6.

Last week: The Eagles clinched an NFC playoff berth with a 27-13 victory over San Francisco.

Who's hot: Second-year wide receiver DeSean Jackson, from California, caught six passes for 140 yards against the 49ers and has 1,087 yards on 56 receptions this season (19.4 yards per catch). He has 11 touchdowns eight on plays longer than 50 yards, an NFL record.

Who's not: The Philadelphia defense has played fairly well this season, ranking in the middle of the NFL pack in most statistical categories. But the Eagles have missed the leadership of veteran safety Brian Dawkins, a 13-year Philadelphia standout who now is with the Broncos. Though the secondary has been productive (especially at cornerback, with Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown combining for 13 interceptions), the back end lacks the same intensity without Dawkins.

Key stat: Plus-17 Philadelphia's turnover margin this season. That ranks second in the 32-team league, behind Green Bay. The Broncos are tied for fifth, at plus-7.

FYI: Philadelphia coach Andy Reid said Monday he expects veteran running back Brian Westbrook to be cleared to play Sunday. Westbrook played in only one of the Eagles' past eight games because of concussions.

Coachspeak: "There's so much still on the line that you have to stay focused on Denver and exhaust yourself there, and that's kind of how I approached it last night and through the morning." Reid, talking to reporters Monday

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14045444#ixzz0aQmVz8wM

gtown
12-22-2009, 07:29 AM
I hate to say it because I live with Eagles fans, but they are gonna whip our asses this weekend. I know that they are inconsistent, but something tells me that even if they come out flat they have the talent to still beat us. They are the NFC's version of the Chargers.

It's gonna come down to the final weekend, and I am willing to bet we won't control our own destiny.

supermanhr9
12-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Champ vs Desean, this is interesting. Champ is not that fast anymore. He will consistently need help over the top against that freak kid. However Champ is Champ, I can't wait. I'm gonna be actually able to watch this game in Denver from the comfort of a couch instead of at a bar like I have to here in St. Louis.

2KBack
12-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Battle of the Teams that lost to the Raiders!!!

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I watched Eagles games..They are very dynamic..I will not be suprised if they are in Superbowl this year. Jackson is a stud.
If we can't convert on short yardages, we will be in trouble.

Regardless, it is very tough to beat them..Unfortunately, they won't relax as they would like to secure division as well as bye week.

Broncoman13
12-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Champ vs Desean, this is interesting. Champ is not that fast anymore. He will consistently need help over the top against that freak kid. However Champ is Champ, I can't wait. I'm gonna be actually able to watch this game in Denver from the comfort of a couch instead of at a bar like I have to here in St. Louis.

If we match up one on one with DeSean Jackson it's going to be a long day for Bronco fans. Nobody in the league can cover DeSean Jackson one on one. He is playing at a level well above just about anybody else in the league and McNabb knows how to find him down field. I suspect we will bracket him and force McNabb to fit the ball into tight coverage if he wants to find Jackson down field. Still concerning is the fact that we can't cover the middle of the field and between Celek, Maclin, and Jackson and even Avant now, the Iggles tear up the middle of the field. Then you have the gadget plays with Vick to worry about and finally with Westbrook coming back you have to really worry about the screens. The Eagles offense is troubling and we don't have the sustained running game to keep them off the field. Maybe we will with Buckhalter back???

underrated29
12-22-2009, 09:04 AM
sad thing is we have our own version of desean. The guy we drafted ahead of him. Royal.

yet our guy is caged up with 6 yard routes and a ball and chain attached to his legs.

I like this game, maybe jMFmcd will see how nice it is to send a guy over the top and how it opens up the offense.

HAT
12-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Philly's record isn't all that impressive when you look at who they have beat.

This is also a look ahead game for them since they will be playing Dallas in the finale.....likely for the division title assuming Dallas beats Washington this week.

All the intangibles point to Denver.....

Philly off a convincing win
Philly has a PO spot clinched
Philly with a big rival on deck
Denver off of a humiliating loss

Philly will probably be the overwhelming public choice at the betting windows @ -7.

In the NFL, that usually bodes well for the underdog.

Philly can be scored on. Denver should score 5 times or so. They key (obviously) is whether that translates into 27, 23 or 19 points. If it's the former, they will win. 23 and it's a coin flip.

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 09:24 AM
As i said, Eagles are very dynamic..If we keep scoring Field goals instead of TD's..we will be in trouble..

We need to play the way we played against NE..

oubronco
12-22-2009, 11:41 AM

This is also a look ahead game for them since they will be playing Dallas in the finale.....likely for the division title assuming Dallas beats Washington this week.

Philly will probably be the overwhelming public choice at the betting windows @ -7.

Philly can be scored on. Denver should score 5 times or so. They key (obviously) is whether that translates into 27, 23 or 19 points. If it's the former, they will win. 23 and it's a coin flip.

If you haven't watched them over the last few weeks, they are a different team that is playing very well

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 11:48 AM

PHI is very dangerous team..They have playmakers both on offense, defense and ST.
If we keep calling plays like we did against OAK, the game will be over by halftime.

This is the game where we need Orton..He can't just be a game manager..
We will not be able to stop their offense..So, we need to score as many points as we can(TD's instead of FG's in Red Zone).

Crushaholic
12-22-2009, 01:59 PM
As i said, Eagles are very dynamic..If we keep scoring Field goals instead of TD's..we will be in trouble..

We need to play the way we played against NE..

...without the first half deficit...

HAT
12-22-2009, 02:18 PM

:wave:

brother love
12-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I guess nobody thinks we will be picking the brains of buckhalter and Dawkins this week about players and tendencies. I would if I was a coach. Anything that can help you win especially after last weeks loss.