PDA

View Full Version : Will Shanahan trade for Jay?

Donk
12-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Will Shanahan trade his new teams QB Plus what draft choice for Cutler.
Dallas …not first ..will trade.
Kansas City… First Yes
San Diego …First…Hell No Even… yes
Bears… I don’t think he would trade Jay for # 1 pick.
Redskins…If Washington has a first round pick.. Yes.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Chicago would never trade him after a single season, it would mean they admit they made a massive mistake and they would never get equal value back for what they gave up either.

Why do you assume Shanahan would want him back in the first place?

RhymesayersDU
12-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't think he would. I think he'd give Campbell a shot.

There are a lot of conflicting reports on Campbell. Some think he just sucks, others think he has all the tools but can't flourish having 5 OC's over 5 years and zero continuity.

Maybe this is the JC Shanny wants? ;)

Circle Orange
12-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I hope the NFL never becomes a nepotism league of pick and choose fav players/coaches. It leaves the door open for chaos and controversy and reduces opportunities for unknown candidates for key positions.

Blart
12-21-2009, 10:47 PM
No. As many said when Plummer was pulled, Shanahan's future in Denver rested on Cutler's shoulders.

Now, one year removed from the responsibility of Cutler, Mike is free to have second thoughts, just like everyone else in Denver. The pressure to see the good side of Cutler rests solely on Jerry Angelo and Bears fans now.

OBF1
12-21-2009, 11:08 PM
I must have missed the press release.... Where and when did Shanny sign???

BigPlayShay
12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
I think the more important question is, will Shanny trade for Hillis :stirstir:

broncocalijohn
12-21-2009, 11:17 PM
If Mike is coach (I havent seen anything yet but tonight's game might have sealed it), he would go after Hillis because the price would be cheap. He wouldnt go after Cutler because he is worth a 3rd rounder and Bears would want a lot more than that. Hillis goes and will be ready to kick a$$ with all their injuries that occur and Cutler sucks a$$ in Chicago.

The Joker
12-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Of course not.

Jay isn't worth two 1sts + add-ons anymore, and Chicago aren't going to just give up on him and say "we ****ed up, sorry" and trade Cutler away for significantly less and go back to having no QB.

Jay is stuck in Chicago for a while yet, which is just the place for him.

Captain 'Dre
12-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Chicago would never trade him after a single season, it would mean they admit they made a massive mistake and they would never get equal value back for what they gave up either.

Why do you assume Shanahan would want him back in the first place?

The Bears would be lucky to get a #2 for Jay at this point. Very lucky....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Word came out a few weeks ago that Shanahan pondered trading Jay away from the team a year before he was actually traded. Why would he want to be saddled with that loser?

Smiling Assassin27
12-22-2009, 08:53 AM
If Shanny settles in Washington, it'll be interesting to see if he trades Portis for a second time or just outright cuts him.

Rohirrim
12-22-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm guessing Mike will be happy to never see Cutler again.

TailgateNut
12-22-2009, 08:58 AM
If Shanny settles in Washington, it'll be interesting to see if he trades Portis for a second time or just outright cuts him.

:spit:

TailgateNut
12-22-2009, 08:59 AM

Unless they're playing Chicago.:rofl:

go_broncos
12-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Why do you want to trade for a QB that keeps throwing interceptions?

Pony Boy
12-22-2009, 09:07 AM
I think the more important question is, will Shanny trade for Hillis :stirstir:

Why would he trade for Hill's when he can just wait for McDaniels to release him.

Broncoman13
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Will Shanahan trade his new teams QB Plus what draft choice for Cutler.
Dallas …not first ..will trade.
Kansas City… First Yes
San Diego …First…Hell No Even… yes
Bears… I don’t think he would trade Jay for # 1 pick.
Redskins…If Washington has a first round pick.. Yes.

I think Mike Shanahan would likely hold on to Jason Campbell. I think he could do a lot of good for that kid. Plus you know that Shanny is going to be around for a few years or Snyder is going to have to come up with serious coin in letting him go. Jason Campbell has never, yes NEVER, been in a system for more than two consecutive years. In fact, you could argue with the system changing mid-season this year that he hasn't even hit the 2 consecutive year mark yet. At Auburn he had 4 different systems. So far in the NFL he has had 3 different systems. I think a coach like Mike Shanahan could do wonders for Jason Campbell. He has at least as much or more talent than Jake Plummer.

Washington is actually a pretty good looking partner for Shanny right now. The D is already built and looks pretty good for the future. On offense Shanny would have to rebuild a damaged OL, something that could be done for less than most teams b/c of the different type OL and scheme he deploys. He needs another RB and another WR. I think Shanny could make that team a serious contender in the NFC within two years... with Campbell.

gtown
12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
If Shanny starts over in DC, I can see him sticking with Campbell and drafting a QB early this year. Just too many good signal callers in the draft this year, and you know Shanny is not gonna be able to resist. Plus there are a number of underclassman declaring with criminal records and long histories of injury. You can bet they are already on Shanny's big board.

BroncoBen
12-22-2009, 10:23 AM

I agree.. I don't understand why so many people think Shanahan loves Cutler. That is not the case at all.

Mountain Bronco
12-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Shanny is going to Dallas and he loves Romo. The DC thing is just to put pressure on JJ in Dalas. That is my thought.

orange crusher
12-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Funny you have KC on your list. I don't think there's any chance in hell that Shanny is going to be working under Pioli. He's getting paid a lot of coin to do nothing today. If and when he takes a coaching job, he's going to require a LOT of input on personel (especially with the teams that are a complete mess like kfc). It's about as likely as Shanny going back to Oakland to coach - not happening. Not sure why SD is on your list either.

Rohirrim
12-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I think Mike Shanahan would likely hold on to Jason Campbell. I think he could do a lot of good for that kid. Plus you know that Shanny is going to be around for a few years or Snyder is going to have to come up with serious coin in letting him go. Jason Campbell has never, yes NEVER, been in a system for more than two consecutive years. In fact, you could argue with the system changing mid-season this year that he hasn't even hit the 2 consecutive year mark yet. At Auburn he had 4 different systems. So far in the NFL he has had 3 different systems. I think a coach like Mike Shanahan could do wonders for Jason Campbell. He has at least as much or more talent than Jake Plummer.

Washington is actually a pretty good looking partner for Shanny right now. The D is already built and looks pretty good for the future. On offense Shanny would have to rebuild a damaged OL, something that could be done for less than most teams b/c of the different type OL and scheme he deploys. He needs another RB and another WR. I think Shanny could make that team a serious contender in the NFC within two years... with Campbell.

I agree on Campbell. I think there is definitely something there that the right coach could bring out. Of course, I kept losing money on Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns for years so take it for what it's worth. I also think Mike will land in Washington. Snyder will write him a check he can't refuse.

BroncoMan4ever
12-22-2009, 01:22 PM
wasn't there rumor that Mike was considerin trading Cutler had he kept his job here in Denver?

i don't think Mike is all that enamored with Jay. probably finally realized he messed up bad when he drafted him in the first place instead of building up that 2005 team into a contender in 06.

gunns
12-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Wherever Shanahan goes, if he hasn't figured out the defense is as if not more important than the offense he will have as much success as he did in Denver for the past 10 years.

cutthemdown
12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Shannahan probably sees Cutler as a coach killer. Better to try and work some magic with a scrub like Campbell.

rastaman
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Shannahan probably sees Cutler as a coach killer. Better to try and work some magic with a scrub like Campbell.

Is this speculation or has sources said that this is how Shanny feels about Cutler???

rastaman
12-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Of course not.

Jay isn't worth two 1sts + add-ons anymore, and Chicago aren't going to just give up on him and say "we ****ed up, sorry" and trade Cutler away for significantly less and go back to having no QB.

At least he doesn't need to endure getting antagonized and "Brain F#@ked by McD anymore! Hillis is coming to the same conclusion as well.

Some folks just weren't meant to co-exist together....chalk it up to the human experience!

Bronx33
12-22-2009, 02:08 PM
No iam sure mike has noticed jays suckiness.

rastaman
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Of course not.

Its waaaaaay too early for Shanny and Cutler to reunite! I say you'll see Cutler under Shanny's mentorship and genius in 6 years after McD is fired and Bowlen convinces Shanny to comeback and coach his Broncos. Shanny will say YES under one condition! That Cutler comes with him! :giggle:

Bronx33
12-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Why the fck would shanahan want a INT machine rasta? i think you over estimate mikes love for jay ( way over estimate)

rastaman
12-22-2009, 05:00 PM
No iam sure mike has noticed jays suckiness.

Again, your speculation and your opinion.

rastaman
12-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Why the fck would shanahan want a INT machine rasta? i think you over estimate mikes love for jay ( way over estimate)

Again, you're assuming Shanny views Cutler and Hate Jay the same way you do. You really don't know at this point, onless you can provide a source or link to from Shanny to prove otherwise.

tsiguy96
12-22-2009, 05:18 PM
i love stupid ass posts like this where people assume any player is available for trade at any cost you want him at.

rastaman
12-22-2009, 06:31 PM
i love stupid ass posts like this where people assume any player is available for trade at any cost you want him at.

Oh so now this becomes a stupid ass post once you can't back up your allegations about Shanny saying Cutler is to big a risk to coach right now.

Psssst.....thats okay.

Mr
12-22-2009, 06:50 PM

That is effn funny.

Bronx33
12-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Again, you're assuming Shanny views Cutler and Hate Jay the same way you do. You really don't know at this point, onless you can provide a source or link to from Shanny to prove otherwise.

Time will tell i guess and your speculation is well speculation as well plus i don't see the bears letting ****ler loose anytime soon anyways he will kill atleast 1 more coach after lovie take the fall for this year ;D

tsiguy96
12-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh so now this becomes a stupid ass post once you can't back up your allegations about Shanny saying Cutler is to big a risk to coach right now.

Psssst.....thats okay.

this is my first post in this thread you jackass, and its arguably the dumbest thread on this forum right now (up there with fire mcd). bears just extended him till 2013 hes not gonna get traded and no coach is going to want to trade for him.

Circle Orange
12-22-2009, 09:10 PM
I must have missed the press release.... Where and when did Shanny sign???

That's the thing...there's been no word. They're just running away with wild speculation in DC. It's getting tiresome.

broncosteven
12-22-2009, 09:13 PM
I am guessing where ever Shanny goes he will try to trade for Clady now that it is clear that Clady is a pass catching monster.

tsiguy96
12-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I am guessing where ever Shanny goes he will try to trade for Clady now that it is clear that Clady is a pass catching monster.

gotta admit, clady caught that ball with ease...

wandlc
12-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Shanny might not have to trade for Cutler if he is the coach of the Bears. The rumor mill is starting to put him as a possibility in Chicago.