PDA

View Full Version : Lemony Bowlen's "A Series of Unfortunate Bronco Events"

Pontius Pirate
12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
2003 - Acquire Plummer. Team finishes 10-6, losing to the eventual AFC runner up Colts (in Indy) in the first round of the playoffs. Plummer finishes with a 91.2 rating.

2004 - Team finishes 10-6 again, losing to the Colts again in Indy in the first round. Plummer finishes the year breaking Elway's single season passing yardage and touchdown record

2005 - Team finishes 13-3, beating the defending SB champs (Pats) in the first round, losing to the eventual SB champs (Steelers) in the next round. Plummer finishes the year with a 90.2 rating (7th highest in the NFL, right behind Tom Brady), but is remembered for his 4 turnovers in the Steelers game

2006 - Draft Cutler to replace Plummer. Plummer is yanked halfway through the season (team is then 7-4) and Cutler is inserted. Locker-room divided. Team finishes 9-7

Since then - Plummer is traded. Team goes 7-9 then 8-8. Shanny is fired, Culter is traded (and is an eventual disaster), and McD/Orton come in. Broncos about to go .500 again and further distance itself from the word "playoffs." Chatter surfaces again about "finding another QB"

The "Plummer Curse" has fallen on the great city of Denver

Dagmar
12-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Did you eat some peanut butter? Is that why you have gone full retard?

Pick Six
12-21-2009, 01:27 PM
:drown:Dammit, man! It's all the handball king's fault!

watermock
12-21-2009, 01:46 PM
We've found out that lucky bounces even out and BM can't take over every game.

Tombstone RJ
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow, sometimes the truth really does hurt. Like it or not, Broncos won with Plummer and made it to the playoffs, which is more than can be said for the current Broncos' team and the last few years with baby jay.

SureShot
12-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow, sometimes the truth really does hurt. Like it or not, Broncos won with Plummer and made it to the playoffs, which is more than can be said for the current Broncos' team and the last few years with baby jay.

We won with Al Wilson more than we did with Plummer.

Tombstone RJ
12-21-2009, 02:03 PM
We won with Al Wilson more than we did with Plummer.

Perhaps, but that doesn't change history, does it.

Taco John
12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
If only Plummer hadn't have played his way out of a starting job, everything would be great!

NeverBeenToDenver
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I miss Plummer. I haven't kicked my dog in awhile..the yelps are kinda soothing.

Grover
12-21-2009, 03:08 PM
You need an additional entry for 2005.

At end of season, Gary Kubiak resigns as Denver's Offensive Coordinator to take Head Coach position with Houston.

Shanahan loses a trusted force guiding the offense, Plummer loses the coach that worked with him during his most successful NFL season ever, and Cutler never gets the chance to work with him.

SportinOne
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
You also forgot to mention the fact that Plummer's QB rating was 60.4 when he got yanked.

Cutler was also playing with a horrendous defense. Funny how people say, "i don't care what his stats were, Cutler didn't get it done." But then the same people say, "Even though the Broncos are losing, and the defense is much improved from last year, it just can't be Orton's fault that we have lost 6 of 8."

So it is McDaniels or Orton? Or are you people going to blame EVERYTHING on the offensive line.

Popps
12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Plummer was a winner. Cutler was a fraud, now he's just trash.

Let's just keep it simple. :)

broncosteven
12-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Read "A few seconds of panic" p.316 and then tell me that Plummer was a leader and cared about leading his team.

Blueflame
12-21-2009, 10:06 PM

Keeping it simple.... when Plummer was benched (after 11 games), the offense he was leading had scored more than 20 points only 3 times. "The- fraud"-led offense didn't score under 20 points the rest of the season. Just sayin'...

linkage:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2006.htm

Popps
12-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Keeping it simple.... when Plummer was benched (after 11 games), the offense he was leading had scored more than 20 points only 3 times. "The- fraud"-led offense didn't score under 20 points the rest of the season. Just sayin'...

linkage:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2006.htm

That's not simple, that's jibberish, Blue.

Plummer was a winner. Jay wasn't. Now he's trash.

That's simple. :)

Blueflame
12-21-2009, 11:10 PM
That's not simple, that's jibberish, Blue.

Plummer was a winner. Jay wasn't. Now he's trash.

That's simple. :)

Facts are "jibberish"? ???

Week One: 10 points
Week Two: 9 points
Week Three: 17 points
Week Four: (Bye)
Week Five: 13 points
Week Six: 13 points
Week Seven: 17 points
Week Eight: 31 points
Week Nine: 31 points
Week Ten: 17 points
Week Eleven: 27 points

In those 8 games, they averaged 12 points per game... (total of 96 divided by 8)

That year (for whatever reason) the Plummer-led offense sucked.

Pontius Pirate
12-22-2009, 11:54 AM
You also forgot to mention the fact that Plummer's QB rating was 60.4 when he got yanked.

Cutler was also playing with a horrendous defense. Funny how people say, "i don't care what his stats were, Cutler didn't get it done." But then the same people say, "Even though the Broncos are losing, and the defense is much improved from last year, it just can't be Orton's fault that we have lost 6 of 8."

So it is McDaniels or Orton? Or are you people going to blame EVERYTHING on the offensive line.

But according to Grover, Plummer's poor play in early 2006 is basically the fault of Kubiak leaving prior to the season starting

Pontius Pirate
12-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Facts are "jibberish"? ???

Week One: 10 points
Week Two: 9 points
Week Three: 17 points
Week Four: (Bye)
Week Five: 13 points
Week Six: 13 points
Week Seven: 17 points
Week Eight: 31 points
Week Nine: 31 points
Week Ten: 17 points
Week Eleven: 27 points

In those 8 games, they averaged 12 points per game... (total of 96 divided by 8)

That year (for whatever reason) the Plummer-led offense sucked.

Not to be a stickler, but that's actually SEVEN games you highlighted above, so it'd be 96 divided by 7 - aka 14 pts per game

Blueflame
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Not to be a stickler, but that's actually SEVEN games you highlighted above, so it'd be 96 divided by 7 - aka 14 pts per game

You're right. I missed:

Week 12: 10 points

...and the average would be 13.25 points per game.

azbroncfan
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I didn't realize Manning has lost a Super Bowl?

rastaman
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM

So where does Your Boy Orton fit into all this!:giggle:

DBroncos4life
12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Plummer was such a winner he quit the NFL to go play hand ball. He had what ONE winning season with the Cards? The guy just flat out lost games.

1997 4-12
1998 9-7
1999 6-10
2000 3-10
2001 7-9
2002 5-11

Nothing says winner like one 9-7 season.

broncosteven
12-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Plummer was such a winner he quit the NFL to go play hand ball. He had what ONE winning season with the Cards? The guy just flat out lost games.

1997 4-12
1998 9-7
1999 6-10
2000 3-10
2001 7-9
2002 5-11

Nothing says winner like one 9-7 season.

But Plummer had MOXIE

bpc
12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Plummer's playoff seasons were more a tribute to Shanahan than anything else, yet the apologists will say differently. Mike didn't DO anything in a decade post Elway, yet when defending Plummer vs. Cutler, DESPITE STATS sitting much in favor of Jay's production, Plummer was better because they won so much and went to the playoffs. Which one is it? Are you happy with Jake but hate Mike?

All you can do is laugh at hypocrisy because, come on... those guys are pretty stupid.

The fact that Shanahan turned Jake into such a winner after being such a loser at Arizona is something I would list on his hall of fame credentials. That was pretty damn phenomenal.

baja
12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
If only Plummer hadn't have played his way out of a starting job, everything would be great!

When your team goes out and trades up to 11 and takes a QB the draft after you just took the team to the AFCC it will get into your head and that is what happened to Plummer.

Jay Cutler became a coach killer even before he took his first NFL snap.

Pontius Pirate
12-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I didn't realize Manning has lost a Super Bowl? edited above to reflect AFC champ game. Sorry

Pontius Pirate
12-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump look at frosty go!

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 09:14 AM

There is a age old saying that winning starts in the trenches.

tsiguy96
12-25-2009, 09:23 AM
this is one of the worst threads open right now. plummers been gone for years, cutler has been gone all year, we have a winning record. winning doesnt start or stop with just one player, its a team effort. the QB has a big effect on that and can make or break (see: cutler with INT, brees with ridiculous accuracy) but he cant do it alone. yet to idiots like bpc everyone is an apologist and if the QB isnt winning its his fault alone, no one elses. just retarded. why do you idiots have to be such extremeists with every single argument someone makes, cant you accept that there is a ton of factors in the game of football that sway it to winning or losing, and trying to narrow it down to a single one is impossible?

Broncos_OTM
12-25-2009, 09:34 AM
this is one of the worst threads open right now. plummers been gone for years, cutler has been gone all year, we have a winning record. winning doesnt start or stop with just one player, its a team effort. the QB has a big effect on that and can make or break (see: cutler with INT, brees with ridiculous accuracy) but he cant do it alone. yet to idiots like bpc everyone is an apologist and if the QB isnt winning its his fault alone, no one elses. just retarded. why do you idiots have to be such extremeists with every single argument someone makes, cant you accept that there is a ton of factors in the game of football that sway it to winning or losing, and trying to narrow it down to a single one is impossible?

I think we need to vote BPC off the mane... lol I think he would be a great bear fan. He can keep up the fight on how those 25 interceptions are not cutlers fault this year. BPC your cutler rhetoric is old and outdated.

Rock Chalk
12-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Not for nothing but there are a number of facts presented in this thread that need to be put together.

1) Plummer under Shanahan was a winner and a leader and the team did love him. Anyone who denies that is a complete tool.

2) Plummer was a winner under Shanahan because of coaching (Kubiak) and a strong defense with a vocal leader (Al Wilson).

3) Plummer WOULD have had more success in Denver had he been given an offensive line the likes of which Cutler got to play under last season. Despite having one of the worst offensive lines in Shanahan's tenure, Plummer still won games.

4) Cutler is a career loser. Was in college, is in the pros. His rocket arm has done nothing but get him in trouble.

5) Cutler never got to learn under Kubiak, sucks for him.

6) Orton, despite being in a new offensive system with a completely new team around him, is a winner. 8-6 and no more than 2 of those losses are directly his fault. 2 of the six losses can be blamed on Chris ****ing Simms, and the other 2 can be blamed almost solely on our young inexperienced head coach. I would say that the Baltimore and Pittsburgh games can be directly attributed to Orton, that is, he is mostly to blame for those losses, and all the others are either the other QBs fault because he is epic fail or McDs fault for some really stupid play calling.

7) Who cares about past teams. Its all about this year's Denver Broncos and despite our pittfalls, our beloved team STILL has a chance at making the playoffs with 2 weeks left to play when maybe 1 out of 10,000 people had them even with a .500 record for this year.

Seriously, you Cutler whiners need to shut up. You Plummer bemoaners need to shut up but most of all you current Bronco bashers need to shut up. Enjoy the team, you only have a limited number of years in a life to do so, so jump on the bandwagon or get the off and get out.

Oh, and this is from the most sincere part of me, Merry Christmas to all, may Christ bless you and your families on this holy day (even you Godless heathens, I pray you find your way to Him). Be wonderful and kind to each other, and do yourself a favor and go out and help some downtrodden soul, if not today, then some day, any day.

Pontius Pirate
12-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Ding dong

Who is it?

It's the plummer curse y'all! Just thought I'd drop by to say hello! Say, by the way, what's all this talk of finding a new qb?