PDA

View Full Version : 2 moments from the game

Gort
12-21-2009, 09:28 AM
i'm as angry about losing this game as the next guy. but there are 2 things i will remember about it in the years to come. 1 good memory. 1 not so good memory.

not so good... stokley's long reception that didn't go for a TD. if only he were just a little bit faster or if the raiders hadn't horse collared him, maybe he ends up in the endzone and we win the game outright.

good... andra davis putting a hit on frye and knocking him senseless and out of the game. a legal hit. that's smashmouth football and i like to see our defense hit people and make a statement. shades of al wilson and steve atwater out there.

all of the rest of the game... the 3 and outs. the FGs instead of TDs. the bad playcalling. will all be forgotten eventually. but this raiders game will be remembered for those 2 plays.

go_broncos
12-21-2009, 09:31 AM
these type of games are so depressing that we will remember them for a long time.

I still remember how we lost to 49ers, lost to Raiders last year, lost to BUF after leading 13-0

Fusionfrontman
12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah ^ good post. I agree... these late season tough loses seem to define us latley. Hot starts, struggling to get in playoffs toward the end, followed by heartbreak. It's a shame, I feel like the Mets (except we actually can compete).

I think there is a lot of good in this football team, and considering where we thought we would be at the beginning of the season, we have a LOT to be happy about regardless of the result. Anyone who thought we could win a championship was crazy.

If we are going to win a championship with Orton, our D can;'tbe good as we are. It needs to be 2000 Ravens-esque. And that's not happening. You win championships with HOF Front 7, not Hall of fame type secondary. My opinion at least.

Draft soem big mean nasty interior linemen and a monster NT and I think we're making a run for it in the next 2 years.

Rabb
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I agree

what was more frustrating was knowing that when Stokes didn't take it in, we wouldn't

Pick Six
12-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I agree

what was more frustrating was knowing that when Stokes didn't take it in, we wouldn't

Yeah. That pissed me off more than any other time in the game (except the final Raiders drive, of course). Stokley made a great catch and run after the catch, but the rest of the offense couldn't follow it up with 6. Frustrating...:thumbsdow

Durango
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I remember years ago under Dan Reeves I think, all we had to do to get Wild Card berth was beat Tampa Bay in the final game of the season. The Bucs were still an awful team back then. We lost. Sam Wyche took the opportunity to tell reporters how he thought the Broncos were a fraud and probably shouldn't be the in the play-offs any way. Wade Phillips had a similar scenerio in his first season needing to defeat the Raiders in the final game to guarantee a home field Wild Card game. We lost, and badly, then were summarily stomped by the Raiders in Los Angeles, I think, a week later.

In 1985 the Broncos finished 11-5 and out of the play-offs.

A couple of seasons ago, all we needed to do was beat a crummy 49ers team AT HOME, and instead let the damned Kansas City Chiefs play in the post-season.

In Dan Reeves first season, the Broncos only needed to knock off a mediocre Chicago Bears team to get into the play-offs. We lost and were out of the play-offs at 10-6. A lesson there. 10 and 6 doesn't guarantee squat.

This Sundays Raiders game was an absolute must win. We knew it, the players knew it, the coaching staff knew it, and here we are. Again.

I suppose it's always forgivable in the long haul, it's flat-assed inexcusable the day after. And the Raiders no less. Two years running. At home. God d*** it!!!!

long beach bronco
12-21-2009, 12:08 PM
My throw up moment from the game is when off the Marc-us Russell converted a 4th and 10 on us with just three guys rushing. That was a freaking joke, we shouldv'e sent the house on that play. I'm still throwing up.

go_broncos
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
My throw up moment from the game is when off the Marc-us Russell converted a 4th and 10 on us with just three guys rushing. That was a freaking joke, we shouldv'e sent the house on that play. I'm still throwing up.

The last drive reminded me of last year's defense..

Pony Boy
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I agree

Kind of ironic that the season started on a Stokley play and our road to the playoffs will probably end on a Stokley play...

dbfan21
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM

Mine was running a QB sneak up the middle on a long third-and-1 on our last offensive possession. Terrible play call, just terrible. Why not line up Larsen or Hillis at FB and Jordan at HB and blast it between the tackles?