PDA

View Full Version : It's great to be a Bronco Fan!

Crushisback
12-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Considering the outlook at the begining of the season I am stoked to be where we are. In control of our destiny with two games to go. Let's go to the playoffs Baby!

Considering we are working with an entirely new coaching staff/GM for the most part, a new qb in a new system, and some new defensive players in a system that was in desperate need of an overhaul. The playoffs will be a huge building block for this team going into next year. And hey, who knows anything can happen once you're in the playoffs right.

I know my optimism might be off-putting to some on this board, (nobody likes losing to the raiders) but get over it and look at where we are. I would love to see Hillis get his chances as well, however I am one that assumes this staff knows a little more about football than me (I know crazy the HC being smarter than a Maner huh).

Thanks for a great job so far Broncos! Win me two more and lets go to the Dance!!!

Go Broncos!!

Pick Six
12-21-2009, 09:00 AM
It's all about momentum. Right now, we have none. Can we put this loss behind us and play better? It's possible...

Crushisback
12-21-2009, 09:04 AM
It's all about momentum. Right now, we have none. Can we put this loss behind us and play better? It's possible...

Exactly. It's possible. It could be alot worse in Bronco country.

spdirty
12-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Not really. Last thing I want is to see my team looked at as the biggest choke artists in sports.

Hope we win the next 2, but I expect us to beat philly and lose to KC.

Tombstone RJ
12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
This team is too inconsistent for me to really trust that they will make the playoffs. I wanna believe they will but McD seems to be pulling a late season Shanny...

Dagmar
12-21-2009, 09:12 AM
http://101tees.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/gangsta.gif

HAT
12-21-2009, 09:20 AM
HELL YEAH!!!

When the schedule came out everybody was bitching and moaning at how hard it looked (and it did!).

I figured 10-6 & a PO spot by:

Split with SD and sweep one, but not both of KC/Oak vs. AFCW (4 wins)
Beat Cincy & Cle and split Pitt/Balt vs. AFCN (3 wins)
Split vs. NFCE (2 wins)
Split between Indy & NE (1 win)

Almost nailed it perfectly. Turns out they just need to reverse the records vs. AFCN & NFCE

I'm staying positive because the season is going almost exactly like I thought and Denver is in the drivers seat for a PO berth.

What's funny is the doom & gloomers from last offseason remain the biggest doom & gloomers today. They bitched & moaned that this was going to be a 4-5 win team yet Denver still sucks now that they are in great shape to be a 9-10 win playoff team.

Go figure?

Captain 'Dre
12-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I'd feel more optimistic if the team was continually improving... but it's not.

Yes, the playoffs are possible, but the Broncos seem to have peaked early and-- let's face it-- if you don't beat the Raiders at home, you can't have TOO much left in the tank.

Crushisback
12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Not really. Last thing I want is to see my team looked at as the biggest choke artists in sports.

Hope we win the next 2, but I expect us to beat philly and lose to KC.

Goes back to the whole "I'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win" thing heh?

Los Broncos
12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
It's still good to be a Broncos fan, I'll be over it by midweek.

Christmas is coming, time with family and friends.

broncocalijohn
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I had them at 8-8 and possibly 9-7 which is where they most likely will end. Sure, if you said we would be 9-7 this year before one game (and especially after preseason), I think I would be happy that it seems we improved. Add the wins vs Giants, Cowboys, Chargers and Pats, then I am ecstatic. I might then take a moment to reflect how you beat those teams and only come up with 9 wins. Who did we lose to then? You dont start 6-0 then be happy with 9-7. This team showed a ton of heart and promise. If we make the playoffs, then I know season was a success. The problem is that the Broncos in the last 3 or 4 years have played with our heart and minds. I dont like it.

go_broncos
12-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Happy to be a bronco fan..let's see.we start 6-0 and then won 2 out of 8 games.
I don't see any progress. Lost to Frye, Jruss and Cable at home.

DEN always start fast and fade in the end..I thought..with new coaching staff..it is different..It is the same old s..t.

Last year, we created history by not winning the division.
This year..we will not reach playoff's after starting 6-0(i believe it never happened before).

Very happy to be a Bronco fan...

Taco John
12-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I'll forget this loss for awhile when I open up my gifts and somewhere within is a new Broncos hat (or something) that I typically get every year. Broncos fans are easy to buy for! :)

I know that Josh will have this team in position to win on Sunday. That's something worth looking forward to, win or lose.

Cool Breeze
12-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Hell yes it's a good day to be a Bronco fan.
When we kicked that last field goal - I thought we might be ****ed - and we were.

Nobody gave us a chance at the beginging of the season, and here we are. This beats 1-15.
I am excited by the future and the direction we are headed. In the offseason Josh will get more parts and we'll get closer to the goal. This season has been a success already.

Good God if we had won people would b**** about how we did it...
b****es

Ray Finkle
12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I agree

It is difficult to see where this team is currently but it is the first year in a rebuild/new system. Look at the Parcell/Bellicheck teams, they compete and play hard. This team does as well. I have not seen the team quit in any game.

Ambiguous
12-21-2009, 11:08 AM
I agree

It is difficult to see where this team is currently but it is the first year in a rebuild/new system. Look at the Parcell/Bellicheck teams, they compete and play hard. This team does as well. I have not seen the team quit in any game.

Good point, someone mentioned that it actually makes it worse as a fan. So true. Every game seemed winnable so far.

There were a few last year where it was mailed in by the end of the first quarter. Let's face it... they are not really that good, but at least they fight.

Ray Finkle
12-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Good point, someone mentioned that it actually makes it worse as fan. So true. Every game seemed winnable so far.

There were a few last year where it was mailed in by the end of the first quarter. Let's face it... they are not really that good, but at least they fight.

and that is what you want. Other than the SD game, they were in each game in the 4th quarter.

Greatspirits
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
I like your enthusiasm, I was really bummed after yesterday's game but I had to remind myself about the expectations coming into this season and we're right on to where I expected them to be 8-8 or 9-7. I think the early season success we had probably led to even more unrealsitic expections like a for sure playoff spot. All though I'm sick and tired of these late season collapses.

Pontius Pirate
12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Here's to three straight years of .500 football!!! YAY!

bronco militia
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM
"It's great to be a Bronco Fan! "

not this week

Rabb
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM

fitting that you post in this thread

you are a complete douchebag

Tombstone RJ
12-21-2009, 01:18 PM

At least Bowlen did something and kicked Shanny's mediocrity to the curb. No one really expected this team to be this good so glass is definitely half full for the future, IMHO.