PDA

View Full Version : Can we run "one" bootleg this year?

UboBronco
12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I know Shanny had this as a staple, and Josh seems to try and buck the history..... But if Frye can do it to us for 23 yards, Why can we not at least one time on a 3rd, or a 4th down run one to gain 1 or 2 yards?

We have not attempted this even once this entire year. It was wide open against the Colts 4 times last week. Yes, Orton is slow, but that is why it works, because it is unexpected.

When Josh was hired, he stated he would be unconventional in the redzone, but that is the one thing he has not been close to being.

I am one who believes a coach wins or loses a few games a year, because talent is so close, today josh lost the game with his offensive game plan and play calling.

Hopefully he learns from this and grows, but I am wondering if he has come in with the Shanny, I am better than this attitude, and we are no closer to winning than we were. I like what he has done, but I am not seeing any adjustments and or changes to help me stay totally positive.

SouthStndJunkie
12-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I would love to run some bootlegs, but Kyle Orton runs like a drunk fat girl ****ed up on GHB in a potato sack race.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I would love to run some bootlegs, but Kyle Orton runs like a drunk fat girl ****ed up on GHB in a potato sack race.

Pretty sure she'd beat him.

But yeah, with Orton the bootleg is pretty much out of the playbook. Probably the only reason I'd like to see us go after a QB in April.

Love Orton's mindset and personality. He has even played great in stretches but he just doesn't have the physical ability to extend plays. Sucks too b/c he is very smart with the ball and would make a ton of good plays and take what's there or run it... if he only could.

Popps
12-20-2009, 09:43 PM

:spit:

bpc
12-20-2009, 09:54 PM
You must be semi-athletic to run the bootleg. Orton may be the slowest QB in the league.

Bronco Bob
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
You must be semi-athletic to run the bootleg. Orton may be the slowest QB in the league.

True. Didn't see Craig Morton run too many bootlegs either. Was sure
glad to see the team get that Elway guy. That kid could run.
Need to draft somebody like him.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2009, 10:47 PM

dime a dozen.

Popps
12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I like a lot about Orton, but as I've said before... some QBs are a thread to run. He isn't a threat to walk.

He did gallop for 10 today, though. A rare sight.

robbieopperude
12-21-2009, 12:28 AM
If we run bootleg on 2nd and goal from 2. Game over.

bpc
12-21-2009, 01:14 AM

Kyle Orton will never touch Craig Morton levels. That guy had tons of success in Dallas, then Denver.

Orton is just a stop-gap as long as we'll let him be. Knowing McDaniels ego.... mmmmmm...

bpc
12-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Thinking about it, Orton is just a really slow, poor version of Brian Griese. Slower, and while Griese couldn't tear the cover off the ball, the kid had a nice spiral on the 0-15 yd throws.

It's sad i've fallen this far. I'm longing for the Brian Griese days at QB.

ZONA
12-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I know McD is saying our line needs help and I'm glad he thinks it all starts there because it does, but having a QB with at least decent wheels would help. Even then, if he could at least move around in the pocket and make a few passes with guys hanging on him, that would be great. Big Ben isn't really a speedy guy but he can move around in the pocket much better then Orton and doesn't go down nearly as easy. I'm not saying we need a Vick type of QB but at least one who doesn't go down when somebody slightly touches him.

elsid13
12-21-2009, 05:37 AM
The bootleg is not part of the system. And "THE" System rules around dove valley. Beside if Brady don't bootleg, why should anyone else in the league.

bloodsunday
12-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Kyle Orton may not make it to past the tackle :)

bronco militia
12-21-2009, 06:54 AM
they call the bootleg all the time, but it's strictly a passing play with Orton

colonelbeef
12-21-2009, 07:35 AM

Yep.

Except the fat drunk girl can run

WolfpackGuy
12-21-2009, 07:37 AM
The bootleg will only appear if Ryan Clady is the guy running the deep route