PDA

View Full Version : What I'm most disappointed in lately...

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 08:02 PM
is our offensive line play. (Defensive line play is a close second). I give the offensive line the nod as most disappointing because it should be the area of our team we can lean on the most.

A relative strength of our team last year and it really seems to be struggling lately. We cannot run the ball worth a damn and even the pass protection is starting to get shaky. They got to Orton EASILY on the final drive of the game.

As a side note, we did we run the off right tackle play to start every series in the 3rd and 4th quarter when it lost yards EVERY time? Just wondering when you realize it's not working.

Popps
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Already started a thread on it, but couldn't agree more. Harris missing hurts... a lot. But, we're weak in the middle. We get pushed around. That's a big, big problem.

Ambiguous
12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
It sucks, but it certainly doesn't help continuously trying to power run it up the middle when it hasn't worked in probably 20 tries over the last 2 games.

strafen
12-20-2009, 08:10 PM
We've got the wrong guy running the ball.-3 yards in the second half?Give me a break!

Taco John
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
We should switch back to the ZBS tomorrow, and at least get through the season. Then we should think about keeping the ZBS so we can continue to have offensive line as a strength, a running game to be feared, and focus our draft/free agency period on defense and a QB.

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Already started a thread on it, but couldn't agree more. Harris missing hurts... a lot. But, we're weak in the middle. We get pushed around. That's a big, big problem.

Yeah sorry. Someone should merge.

lex
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
We should switch back to the ZBS tomorrow, and at least get through the season. Then we should think about keeping the ZBS so we can continue to have offensive line as a strength, a running game to be feared, and focus our draft/free agency period on defense and a QB.

You dont think we can find better OL to funtion within the ZBS? Why must it be man blocking or Hamilton?