PDA

View Full Version : If Hillis Really is So Good.

rugbythug
12-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Why has not one of his Coaches ever Realized it?

Benched and Switched Position in College.
Benched until Round 5 or so by Shanahan.
Benched by McDaniels.

What is it the board has figured out that the Coaches don't get.

BTW he did have several shots in the first few games. But he dropped balls, False Started and Got stoned.

No Doubt we have issues but I don't think Hillis is the answer.

ant1999e
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Armchair coaches. Gotta love them.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM

Benched by McDaniels.

BTW he did have several shots in the first few games. But he dropped balls, False Started and Got stoned.

I don't like the guy but to claim that he isn't good because he was forced to switch positions in college is laughable at best. He was good enough that the coach felt it was a good idea to get him ON the field even when they had two first round RBs a head of him.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM

Benched by McDaniels.

Hillis is not the answer for starting..But, i believe he is the answer for short yardage situations.
What choices do we have?

Buck and Moreno are unable to convert the short yardages.

Mcd has to give a chance to him atleast once to see if Hillis can deliver.
(Much better than QB draw on 3rd and 1)

rugbythug
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't like the guy but to claim that he isn't good because he was forced to switch positions in college is laughable at best. He was good enough that the coach felt it was a good idea to get him ON the field even when they had two first round RBs a head of him.

Well Kind of But not Really. Hillis was the FB of which they usually had one playing. Felix Jones was the guy that was so good they had to get him on the field. ala 2RB and 1 FB. 1RB and 1FB just normal.

Greatspirits
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Well whatever there doing now aint working! At least give Hillis a shot at the short yardage situations, he can't do any worse!!

rugbythug
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Well whatever there doing now aint working! At least give Hillis a shot at the short yardage situations, he can't do any worse!!

Not a lie

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Well Kind of But not Really. Hillis was the FB of which they usually had one playing. Felix Jones was the guy that was so good they had to get him on the field. ala 2RB and 1 FB. 1RB and 1FB just normal.
He was a RB then they switched him to FB because he was too valuable to keep off the field. He was recruited to play there for his running ability not his blocking.

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 08:27 PM
we saw what he did on the field last year against some of the best NFL defenses in the league, how are you going to downplay that?

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Just about every player in the locker room acknowledged that our season ended last year when he got hurt against KC. Not being able to run the ball killed us against Buffalo. It's killing us against year. Some of our best games last year (Atlanta, NY Jets) were when he was running the ball.

Most of the game today Moreno was getting stoned because the line was getting pushed backwards. That said, there has been more than 1 occasions that he's tip-toed into the hole and a down hill runner would get at least a couple yards.

strafen
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
It's amazing to me how people have totally erased from their minds the accomplishments of Hillis.
How quickly you guys have been to ignore what the guy did last year, the way he naturally runs the ball, catches the ball, and makes things happen.
Instead, you guys keep alluding to ridiculous lame excuses that are totally irrelevant to what the guy has done and can do.

Tell me how...
"Benched and Switched Position in College. Benched until Round 5 or so by Shanahan. Benched by McDaniels." has anything to do with what the guy does on the field?
With how the guy performs on the field?
You're trying to crucify the guy for being put sporadically in games all season long without any kind of meaningful playing time to even establish some kind of trend or momentum, while we keep giving Moreno passes for his less than spectacular performance more fit for a 5th round pick than for a 1st round selection?

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Benched by McDaniels.

"Benched" until Round 5... LOL

Is this serious or a joke?

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Maybe they will line Hillis up at LT so he can get more involved in the passing game.

strafen
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM

Benched by McDaniels.

No Doubt we have issues but I don't think Hillis is the answer.So you think that having plays designed for Clady and LaMont Jordan gives us a better chance than giving Hillis at least 12 touches in the game?
What or who you think is the answer?
Moreno failed miserably on the 2nd half. He had a chance to convert in 3rd and goal and we settled for a field goals.
We keep leaving 4 points on the field by kicking field goals.
There's a reason why we're amongst the worst in the league in red zone efficiency.
We're not using our playmakers.
We saw today how one of those forgotten playmakers we have in our team does when he gets a chance to play (Stokley)
We haven't seen Scheffler used more consistent to at least a tune of 6 catches per game to have the opportunity to make plays.
We haven't seen Hillis at all in crucial running plays in short yardage situations or even as in a relief role to show he can help our offense.

All of this thanks to a stubborn, immature and arrogant head coach who wants to make sure his 1st round pick gets 1000 yards to claim victory for the criticism he recieved by going with Moreno with the 12th pick overall

So far, after 14 games into the season, you have wonder if our 2009 draft class gets a passing grade.

Broncos4tw
12-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Who cares what coaches say? All I know is when he steps onto the field, after one or two plays, he is a horse. He knocks people on their ass. I don't care how bad you may think he is... if it's a choice between Orton on 3rd and 4, or Hillis.. I'll take Hillis every time. Not playing him in those situations is stupid.

I can only guess he slept or hit on McD's wife.

uplink
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
someone with tickets behind the broncos bench should start a Hillis Cam to watch during the games.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Popps
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Maybe they will line Hillis up at LT so he can get more involved in the passing game.

Seriously.

This Hillis stuff is like the H1N1 of the Orange Mane. It's an infectious disease of idiocy.

Where's the outcry for Brandon Lloyd? Our passing game needs more juice. Why don't we have a pity-part about him, too?

The ****ing running game will go as far as the blocking takes us. We blocked our asses off against KC and ran for 200. We got pushed backwards all day up front today, and we had troubles.

As I've said, give Hillis carries or don't. I don't give a ****, just open holes for whoever is back there. There's your solution.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2009, 10:35 PM
maybe Josh is a lurker on the Mane and he is now afraid that if he finally puts Hillis in and he scores, he will have to face the "I told you so" posters of the Mane and he knows we are the biggest assholes around. He wont be able to handle it. One time where you cant suck in your pride as the OM eating you alive just isnt worth it.

uplink
12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">...

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Seriously.

This Hillis stuff is like the H1N1 of the Orange Mane. It's an infectious disease of idiocy.

Where's the outcry for Brandon Lloyd? Our passing game needs more juice. Why don't we have a pity-part about him, too?

The ****ing running game will go as far as the blocking takes us. We blocked our asses off against KC and ran for 200. We got pushed backwards all day up front today, and we had troubles.

As I've said, give Hillis carries or don't. I don't give a ****, just open holes for whoever is back there. There's your solution.

If the backup QB were Bubby Brister, or someone who has SHOWN they can do it in a Den uni, you'd have similar threads going on about them.

Taco John
12-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Seriously.

Actually, what you said before the wind blew in another direction was:

...besides a few douche-bags around here, everyone saw how different this team was with Hillis taking the bulk of the carries. I mean, it's night and day.

Direct quote (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2193734#post2193734)

NFLBRONCO
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
McD doesn't think much of him its obvious he will be gone next year. I like him alot but, realize this staff doesn't.

Lolad
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Seriously.

I just watched the game again.. On a number of runs Moreno is dancing in the backfield or is running sideways and gets hit.

strafen
12-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Actually, what you said before the wind blew in another direction was:

Direct quote (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2193734#post2193734)

That was last year's flavor of the season, TJ...

Atwater His Ass
12-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I just watched the game again.. On a number of runs Moreno is dancing in the backfield or is running sideways and gets hit.

I've said this has been his problem all season. He has burst, speed, and power. However, he lacks the ability to hit the hole fast and hard.

It's very noticeable when he's splitting carries with Buckhalter because Buck hits the hole like a mad man and is past the LOS before he gets touched.

A lot of the running issues are within the OL. But Moreno needs to learn to read the hole and hit it MUCH faster than he is doing right now.

Taco John
12-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I've said this has been his problem all season. He has burst, speed, and power. However, he lacks the ability to hit the hole fast and hard.

It's been my observation that he seems indecisive about which hole to hit. But then for four weeks, something happened, and that indecisiveness seemed to go away, and he was hitting the holes with authority. But then that evaporated, and he's back to the inconsistent back he was before that four week stretch.

I think the offensive line certainly has some blame to burden, but it just doesn't seem like Buckhalter has the same problems running the ball that Moreno has.

At the very least, I'm encouraged that the four game stretch showed that he has it in him. Unfortunately, he's also shown that he's got a lot of inconsistency in him as well.

At least he's not fumbling so much anymore.

ZONA
12-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Seriously.

There's no outcry for Lloyd because we didn't get to see him rip teams up last year like we did Hillis. That is the reason. Don't you get it? If it was some rookie like Lloyd, nobody would give a damn. But Hillis was carrying this team on his back for 3 or 4 games until he got hurt. His injury was our downfall. It really could be said that if he did not get injured, we would have won at least 1 or 2 of those last few games last year and won the division and Shanny would probably still be the coach. This is why people want to see Hillis. Ok ok, so we draft a guy at #12 and we know it's a dollars game and he will start and Bucky has earned his carries but cmon the F on already. Bucky is hurt, and Moreno is not getting it done on short yardage. Yeah, so there isn't alot of room. I've seen Hillis carry guys on his back for 1st down after he was hit at the LOS so I don't want to hear about blocking. Yeah, it's nice to have it but the RB sometimes needs to get some 1st downs on his own.

Taco John
12-21-2009, 12:11 AM
There's no outcry for Lloyd because we didn't get to see him rip teams up last year like we did Hillis. That is the reason. Don't you get it? If it was some rookie like Lloyd, nobody would give a damn. But Hillis was carrying this team on his back for 3 or 4 games until he got hurt. His injury was our downfall. It really could be said that if he did not get injured, we would have won at least 1 or 2 of those last few games last year and won the division and Shanny would probably still be the coach. This is why people want to see Hillis. Ok ok, so we draft a guy at #12 and we know it's a dollars game and he will start and Bucky has earned his carries but cmon the F on already. Bucky is hurt, and Moreno is not getting it done on short yardage. Yeah, so there isn't alot of room. I've seen Hillis carry guys on his back for 1st down after he was hit at the LOS so I don't want to hear about blocking. Yeah, it's nice to have it but the RB sometimes needs to get some 1st downs on his own.

I can't imagine that people don't buy the argument that if your offensive line can't blow holes in the defense, then give the ball to a 250 lb. running back who can blow holes of his own open. Get him going with a full head of steam and watch him blow a hole in the playoff picture. He single handedly carried our team last season when he was starting. I can't understand why people are suprised that fans would be clamouring for that kind of talent to be put in the game when we're struggling.

strafen
12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I can't imagine that people don't buy the argument that if your offensive line can't blow holes in the defense, then give the ball to a 250 lb. running back who can blow holes of his own open. Get him going with a full head of steam and watch him blow a hole in the playoff picture. He single handedly carried our team last season when he was starting. I can't understand why people are suprised that fans would be clamouring for that kind of talent to be put in the game when we're struggling.I agree. They keep talking as if Hillis would need a perfect strong, powerful OL for him to be able to run the ball. What a crock!

They're blaming some crap that happened in the pre-draft profile of Hillis. LOL!
I think a lot of people suffer from selective amnesia here.
How quickly do they forget...

Atwater His Ass
12-21-2009, 12:20 AM
It's been my observation that he seems indecisive about which hole to hit. But then for four weeks, something happened, and that indecisiveness seemed to go away, and he was hitting the holes with authority. But then that evaporated, and he's back to the inconsistent back he was before that four week stretch.

I think the offensive line certainly has some blame to burden, but it just doesn't seem like Buckhalter has the same problems running the ball that Moreno has.

At the very least, I'm encouraged that the four game stretch showed that he has it in him. Unfortunately, he's also shown that he's got a lot of inconsistency in him as well.

At least he's not fumbling so much anymore.

He's a rookie. I won't be worried until he doesn't show improvement next season.

Taco John
12-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I think a lot of people suffer from selective amnesia here.
How quickly do they forget...

Popps was calling people douche bags if they didn't think Hillis was the silver bullet answer to all of our running back problems last year. I should know - he was referring to me because I wanted to see Hillis being used in the Howard Griffith role... Not the feature back, but a versatile option who can blow a game open for us if we need him to.

Now, Hillis is like the H1N1 virus, where if you are in favor of seeing if the guy has the same stuff he showed us last year, you're sick.

Makes absolutely no sense to me.

strafen
12-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Popps was calling people douchebags if they didn't think Hillis was the silver bullet answer to all of our runningback problems last year. I should know - he was referring to me because I wanted to see Hillis being used in the Howard Griffith role... Not the feature back, but a versital option who can blow a game open for us if we need him to.

Now, Hillis is like the H1N1 virus, where if you are in favor of seeing if the guy has the same stuff he showed us last year, you're sick.

Makes absolutely no sense to me.He's totally anti-Hillis now, but he has his tendency to hedge posting to cover his ass should Hillis see the field and perform well this season.
Why are people divided on this is beyond me.
The guy who gives us the best chance in the short game is on the bench, and people are justifying why he should stay there.
That's just too much for me to comprehend this behavior.

watermock
12-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Laying an egg like this was even more shocking than Buffalo last year.