PDA

View Full Version : calling dumerville

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 06:51 PM
please show up in any game in the 2nd half this year...thanks.

Slade
12-20-2009, 06:54 PM
He is held all the time, but its not called. The Raiders also exposed him by running to his side and he was eaten alive. Eventhough he has 15 sacks, as an OLB he is still a work in progress.

The Raiders also ran screens to his side a ton. Elvis should have had contain, but the only thing he can do right now is pass rush.

bronco militia
12-20-2009, 06:55 PM
he has turf toe.....

Popps
12-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Yea, I've delicately approached this issue for a few weeks, now.

I see him working out there, but really... somewhere on that last drive would have been nice to have him make a play.

I love the guy, but I think this sort of is his MO. I think he feasts on teams like K.C., but doesn't always have huge days in huge games like this.

We need to resign him. He's a stud. It's just something that is a little frustrating. You want your biggest stars shining in the biggest games.

bpc
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I think it would be hard to find anybody who understands football less than Tsiguy. Even Rusty Trombone has a point somewhere in his incoherent writing style. Tsiguy? Nope. Just looks at a stat sheet, doesn't see any sacks by Dumervil's name and assumes he didn't do anything today.... when in reality, Denver will probably have to fit him up with a new set of pads after his set today was ripped to shreds by offensive linemen that were holding on every play.

bpc
12-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Yea, I've delicately approached this issue for a few weeks, now.

I see him working out there, but really... somewhere on that last drive would have been nice to have him make a play.

I love the guy, but I think this sort of is his MO. I think he feasts on teams like K.C., but doesn't always have huge days in huge games like this.

We need to resign him. He's a stud. It's just something that is a little frustrating. You want your biggest stars shining in the biggest games.

Ha ha ha, you've announced fall guy #2. Offensive line was the first. Care to announce who's third on your list? Brandon Marshall? Seems like the logical guess after your awkward aiming points thus far.

Slade
12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I am more pissed about Ayers not making a play to be honest. He was there multiple times and did jack squat! It was weird how he was playing. Almost like practice when you cant tackle the QB at all, although he didn't even touch them either!

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I think it would be hard to find anybody who understands football less than Tsiguy. Even Rusty Trombone has a point somewhere in his incoherent writing style. Tsiguy? Nope. Just looks at a stat sheet, doesn't see any sacks by Dumervil's name and assumes he didn't do anything today.... when in reality, Denver will probably have to fit him up with a new set of pads after his set today was ripped to shreds by offensive linemen that were holding on every play.

sorry bpc, given your track record of the **** youve been saying the last 15 weeks, you have no right to call anyone else out, ever, on lack of football knowledge. btw cutler threw for a whole 90 yards and a few INT today, we should probably trade to get him back.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Your reponse is more for you than TSI, well I disagree with TSI on Elvis showing up on the second half I must say he never shows up against good competition or big games. I would consider today a big game. The holding excuse could be used for any good pass rusher some are able to work thru it Elvis to this point hasn't.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Maybe if we had someone else to bring some pressure we wouldn't have to pin the hopes of the front 7 on one ****ing guy.

TonyR
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
sorry bpc, given your track record of the **** youve been saying the last 15 weeks...

He hasn't been here the last 15 weeks because he generally only shows up after losses...

Rohirrim
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Teams scheme against Elvis. Obviously, he's the strength of the Broncos' pass rush. I wonder what would happen if the Broncos went out and got a dominating NT like Wilfork in the offseason? Or Seymour at DE? I'm guessing we'd see a whole lot more of Elvis in the backfield.

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I thought Doom played better than most on the D today.

bpc
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Your reponse is more for you than TSI, well I disagree with TSI on Elvis showing up on the second half I must say he never shows up against good competition or big games. I would consider today a big game. The holding excuse could be used for any good pass rusher some are able to work thru it Elvis to this point hasn't.

Wow really, that's funny because on my stats here it says he had 2 sacks against Dallas, SD, NYG, all games we needed to win. He also register 2 in a road victory against Oakland, 1 at KC and a host of sacks in other games. Not only that, not kept on the docket is the impact he had rushing the passer against Palmer and Brady where he went "sackless". Guess that means he didn't impact the game at all either?

What happened to some of you guys? Really, you can't follow simple NFL football now where you're calling out Elvis? This sounds just like when Popps called out Brandon Marshall against Pittsburgh/Baltimore saying he couldn't get open against their CB's and he was the reason we lost.

I truly feel for some of you guys. Your eyes are deceiving you.

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow really, that's funny because on my stats here it says he had 2 sacks against Dallas, SD, NYG, all games we needed to win. He also register 2 in a road victory against Oakland, 1 at KC and a host of sacks in other games. Not only that, not kept on the docket is the impact he had rushing the passer against Palmer and Brady where he went "sackless". Guess that means he didn't impact the game at all either?

What happened to some of you guys? Really, you can't follow simple NFL football now where you're calling out Elvis? This sounds just like when Popps called out Brandon Marshall against Pittsburgh/Baltimore saying he couldn't get open against their CB's and he was the reason we lost.

his last sack was week 13 in a blowout against KC. thats 3 straight games without a sack...thanks though

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
his last sack was week 13 in a blowout against KC. thats 3 straight games without a sack...thanks though

KC was week 13 Oakland was week 15. You're welcome.

lex
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
He is held all the time, but its not called. The Raiders also exposed him by running to his side and he was eaten alive. Eventhough he has 15 sacks, as an OLB he is still a work in progress.

The Raiders also ran screens to his side a ton. Elvis should have had contain, but the only thing he can do right now is pass rush.

I dont know if it was Doom being held but there was a really obvious one on the RT during their last drive. I think it was on that 4th and 10 conversion. The pass rusher had the RT beat to the inside and then the RT grabbed him. It was blatant and obvious. If the ref isnt going to call that, what can you do? It was reminiscent of the entire second half of the NE game in 2005.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 08:39 PM

It isn't this year dip**** it has been his whole career to feast on the weaker competition. I'll bet the teams you listed aren't very good in sack's allowed. None of them have top notch LT's. F*&K off big pussy Chris. Your act is tired here go root for Jay George and the Bears pussy.

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 08:49 PM

I agree with both these points. And since a top pass rusher goes for 70M, we cannot resign him, can we?

Popps
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe if we had someone else to bring some pressure we wouldn't have to pin the hopes of the front 7 on one ****ing guy.

I agree, 100%. We've got to bring better pressure from elsewhere.

It looked like Ayers was getting better push today, at times. He's learning.
But, we'll need to continue to upgrade in the front seven so he doesn't have to do it all.

All that said, it's just tough to see a couple of weeks this big go by and he doesn't get to the QB. He played hard today. I love the guy. I just hope he can make a big play over the next couple of weeks.

Popps
12-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I agree with both these points. And since a top pass rusher goes for 70M, we cannot resign him, can we?

Oh, think we absolutely have to re-sign him. Despite being a little hard to spot in some games, he's a vital cog for our defense. The bottom line is, he has to be accounted for on every play or he's a threat. He's also coming into his own as a run defender.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a vital asset to our team. I'm just agreeing (to a point) with the OP that it would have been nice to see him step up and make a play on one of those last two Raider drives.

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh, think we absolutely have to re-sign him. Despite being a little hard to spot in some games, he's a vital cog for our defense. The bottom line is, he has to be accounted for on every play or he's a threat. He's also coming into his own as a run defender.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a vital asset to our team. I'm just agreeing (to a point) with the OP that it would have been nice to see him step up and make a play on one of those last two Raider drives.

I'm a little mixed because when you pay a guy the kind of cash he's going to command, he has to show up brightly in your best games. When a "super star" disappears in key situations, that's a huge red flag IMO. That's particularly true when we have a couple of important players that need contracts this off season.

I agree that he forces teams to double him. And perhaps he'll get better as he gets reps in this new system -- he's probably a bit worn down having been a part time player until this year.

Broncobiv
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
What kind of Broncos "fan" doesn't even know how to spell the name of one of the best players on our defense? ???

mattob14
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I dont know if it was Doom being held but there was a really obvious one on the RT during their last drive. I think it was on that 4th and 10 conversion. The pass rusher had the RT beat to the inside and then the RT grabbed him. It was blatant and obvious. If the ref isnt going to call that, what can you do? It was reminiscent of the entire second half of the NE game in 2005.

I saw that too. It was actually Ayers who beat the RT to the inside, then got spun around by the RT and RG. It was an obvious call, imo, but the ref missed it.

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
btw i just noticed, i meant teh second half of this season, not second half of a game.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM
btw i just noticed, i meant teh second half of this season, not second half of a game.

DO you still think he went three games without a sack too?

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
DO you still think he went three games without a sack too?

sorry, 2 games without a sack, and the last game he got one in was a garbage blowout. would be nice to see him step up when we need him most eventually, wouldnt you say? or do you want to revert to why mcd sucks and cutler is the greatest thing ever arguments that youve been going to all year?

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 11:14 PM
sorry, 2 games without a sack, and the last game he got one in was a garbage blowout. would be nice to see him step up when we need him most eventually, wouldnt you say? or do you want to revert to why mcd sucks and cutler is the greatest thing ever arguments that youve been going to all year?

LOL Allen has gone two games without a sack three times this year and he is regarded as one of the best pass rushers in the last what 5 years? You are calling out the ONLY player to really look like a star on our front 7. You think he should be doing more? What about the other 6 players or more that are not making ANY plays at ANY point in the season? Have you ever stopped to think that teams have caught on to the fact that he is our best player and that they maybe game planning better to keep him away from the QB because lord knows that no one else is going to get to them on our roster? As for McD, I'm not thrilled with his play calling or for his draft. The Cutler thing, he is playing like ****, but I doubt he would be playing as bad in Denver.

TheReverend
12-21-2009, 12:34 AM

WTF?!?!?

2 sacks against Dallas.
2 @ SD and a forced fumble
2 against the Giants and another forced fumble

He's been showing up big and consistently since his rookie year. Hell, we owe a lot of WINS to him nearly single handedly. Remember the Pitt game with 2 sacks, and the FF that Crowded returned for a TD?

The guy is one of the FEW defenders that show up and outexecute the guy across from him week to week, and he's getting bashed for what?

TheReverend
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Teams scheme against Elvis. Obviously, he's the strength of the Broncos' pass rush. I wonder what would happen if the Broncos went out and got a dominating NT like Wilfork in the offseason? Or Seymour at DE? I'm guessing we'd see a whole lot more of Elvis in the backfield.

I dunno. Vonnie is playing like its 1999 out there all season long. We simply need MORE players to execute against their 1 on 1s.

bloodsunday
12-21-2009, 07:56 AM
WTF?!?!?

2 sacks against Dallas.

He's been showing up big and consistently since his rookie year. Hell, we owe a lot of WINS to him nearly single handedly. Remember the Pitt game with 2 sacks, and the FF that Crowded returned for a TD?

The guy is one of the FEW defenders that show up and outexecute the guy across from him week to week, and he's getting bashed for what?

He was no where to be found against Indy and did very little yesterday. You cannot ignore that. I'm actually wondering if he is wearing down from being a full time player for the first time in his career?

colonelbeef
12-21-2009, 08:34 AM
He was no where to be found against Indy and did very little yesterday. You cannot ignore that. I'm actually wondering if he is wearing down from being a full time player for the first time in his career?

He can't do it all by himself. Sometimes he is simply going to run into his equal on the OL or be doubleteamed effectively. It's up to the rest of the line to make up for it by taking advantage of it.

azbroncfan
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
WTF?!?!?

2 sacks against Dallas.

I don't remember the 2 sacks against Pittsburgh. None of the teams you listed there have that good of OT's and that is what I mean is he cleans up on subpar OT's. The SD game was one of his better outings and we need more of that type of game against the SD's, Indy's, vs the Cleveland's, Oakland's, Kansas City's. There is no doubt he has been the best player on that side of the ball and maybe the team but his MO has always been to feast on garbage opponents. I'll bet if you did a breakdown of his sacks over his career a bunch are against Oakland and KC type teams.

Garcia Bronco
12-21-2009, 09:05 AM

Seriously...get a DVR.

bloodsunday
12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
He can't do it all by himself. Sometimes he is simply going to run into his equal on the OL or be doubleteamed effectively. It's up to the rest of the line to make up for it by taking advantage of it.

I agree with this to a point. But at the end of the day you need your highest paid players to be impact players. If Dumervil cannot dominate a game no matter the circumstance he faces, then we are better off putting our money somewhere else. That's all I am saying.

I believe that less than 15% of the players in the NFL are legitimate super stars that would dominate on any team, in any system. You pay those guys big money. Everyone else you just churn over every 3 or 4 years. Putting your $$$ into players that don't deserve it earns you dead cap money.

I'm having trouble deciding whether I believe Dumervil is in that upper 15%.

bpc
12-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Seriously...get a DVR.

It's a loss to try and get some of these idiots to come around. I mean, yeah, Dumervil didn't have any impact on the game.

All one needs to do is go back and watch the replay.

Specifically, you know Bailey's 2nd INT this year coming in the 15th game was a direct result of the pressure put on by Dumervil. Had Frye wainted another second to throw, he would have been sacked and fumbled anyways.

You just can't teach some of these guys. They'll pimp and protect McD, Orton, and Knowshon and then blame losses on the Brandon Marshall (popps), Elvis Dumervil (StyGuy, spAZBronco), Eddie Royal, Peyton Hillis, the OL, and hell, even Mike Shanahan still.

Suckers are just that and they don't get it. Too busy protecting their agenda vs. actually catching a clue and watching what's going on within the field of play.

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 11:41 AM
It's a loss to try and get some of these idiots to come around. I mean, yeah, Dumervil didn't have any impact on the game.

All one needs to do is go back and watch the replay.

Specifically, you know Bailey's 2nd INT this year coming in the 15th game was a direct result of the pressure put on by Dumervil. Had Frye wainted another second to throw, he would have been sacked and fumbled anyways.

You just can't teach some of these guys. They'll pimp and protect McD, Orton, and Knowshon and then blame losses on the Brandon Marshall (popps), Elvis Dumervil (StyGuy, spAZBronco), Eddie Royal, Peyton Hillis, the OL, and hell, even Mike Shanahan still.

Suckers are just that and they don't get it. Too busy protecting their agenda vs. actually catching a clue and watching what's going on within the field of play.

again, you trying to talk football, and its just not working out for you. go root for cutler, regardless of whatever happens to this team its either BECAUSE of mcdaniels to you (we lose big, dont make playoffs etc) or its IN SPITE OF mcdaniels (playoffs, winning record, super bowl etc). idiots like you will never realize that he deserves as much credit as blame, but you dont care, as long as you get your rocks off crying about how bad of a coach he is.

bpc
12-24-2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8151d557/Bailey-picks-off-Frye

Here ya go. Dumervil didn't do squat all Sunday. Yeah. Keep going with that. Elvis probably would have had several sacks had the OL of the Raiders got away with blatant holding.

Only idiots create stupid threads like this. Hence why spAZ and STYGuy are all over it.

Go on guys. If you're lucky, maybe Elvis won't get a sack next week either and you can bash him again.

LOL. The guy is leading the league in sacks.

bpc
12-24-2009, 11:47 AM
again, you trying to talk football, and its just not working out for you. go root for cutler, regardless of whatever happens to this team its either BECAUSE of mcdaniels to you (we lose big, dont make playoffs etc) or its IN SPITE OF mcdaniels (playoffs, winning record, super bowl etc). idiots like you will never realize that he deserves as much credit as blame, but you dont care, as long as you get your rocks off crying about how bad of a coach he is.

spin, spin, spin...

Watch the video. Who created the turnover? Was it Bailey catching a pop fly, without any WR's around him? Or Elvis' pressure?

Hey, just concede you're an idiot and i'll leave this one alone. Go on. Just say, "i'm an idiot, i don't really know WHAT's going on when the players are on the field... and i generally make stupid assumptions by looking at the stat sheet instead of actually watching the game..."

Do that and i'll leave you alone.

Here's the video ONE more time so you can take a peak.

Did you catch the part where Elvis blew through the guard and Frye had to throw the ball away?

IDIOT EPIC FAIL = styguy.

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 11:51 AM
so elvis made one play, and not when we needed it most? you act like im anti-elvis and wnat him cut, whats with you being 100% extremist with everything? lemme guess youre a republican.

thats great he did that and clearly the defense did their job while the offense did it, but it doesnt change the fact that he needs to show up in the 2nd half of the season more.

bpc
12-24-2009, 11:52 AM

Hey dip****, YOU'RE RIPPING THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THIS SEASON! ha ha, damn you're dumb! Don't you get it yet?

You protected your agenda, threw out some stupid thought and generally just look like and idiot as usual.

You and popps are both indicted on this thread as criticizing our best player. Popps is silly enough to have took a crap on Brandon Marshall about five weeks ago when we started our losing streak. He wasn't blaming Orton, he was blaming MARSHALL for not being able to get open! Ha ha.

Our two best players, criticized by the McD agenda. It's laughable. You would think that you could look critically at things but instead you attack people that question the NEWBY powers that be for their failings on the field and this is what you get. Asinine silly assumptions that our failures are because of Doom and B-Marshall on their respective units.

May Santa deliver you a brain this Christmas, if not that, then some common sense.

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey dip****, YOU'RE RIPPING THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THIS SEASON! ha ha, damn you're dumb! Don't you get it yet?

You protected your agenda, threw out some stupid thought and generally just look like and idiot as usual.

You and popps are both indicted on this thread as criticizing our best player. Popps is silly enough to have took a crap on Brandon Marshall about five weeks ago when we started our losing streak. He wasn't blaming Orton, he was blaming MARSHALL for not being able to get open! Ha ha.

Our two best players, criticized by the McD agenda. It's laughable. You would think that you could look critically at things but instead you attack people that question the NEWBY powers that be for their failings on the field and this is what you get. Asinine silly assumptions that our failures are because of Doom and B-Marshall on their respective units.

May Santa deliver you a brain this Christmas, if not that, then some common sense.

im not ripping marshall, hes easily the best player on this team, and its not that close. im ripping dumervil for not making plays when they are needed most (anymore).

you thought mcdaniels destroyed this franchise and cutler was going to be a HOFer, still believe that? maybe you should re-think publicly posting your predictions.

bpc
12-24-2009, 11:59 AM
so elvis made one play, and not when we needed it most? you act like im anti-elvis and wnat him cut, whats with you being 100% extremist with everything? lemme guess youre a republican.

thats great he did that and clearly the defense did their job while the offense did it, but it doesnt change the fact that he needs to show up in the 2nd half of the season more.

Are you an idiot? Seriously? You must be stupid. He didn't make "one" play. He made several plays. The defense as a whole couldn't capitalize. Hell, the team couldn't capitalize.

This INT is a great example. We needed just one more TD in this game. Elvis pressured a pass which was picked off and we started around the Raiders 42 yd line. 42 YDS FOR A SCORE AND WE WIN! Game over. That's it. All she wrote. Instead, McDickless got it down to the 17 yd line and instead of going to our best players on offense, he chose to throw a OT SCREEN PASS TO RYAN CLADY! WASTE! EPIC FAIL! MCD's GAMEPLAN and IGNORANCE LOST THE GAME. It wasn't Dumervil.

That's only one of many BJ's he had calling our offense against the Raiders, hence why we lost to the basement dwelling AFC West team.

Some of you are truly amazing. A work of art. Grow a brain. Adopt a brain. Wish for a brain. Interalize a brain. Do something! Time is wasting! You're gonna go your whole life brainless!

tsiguy96
12-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Are you an idiot? Seriously? You must be stupid. He didn't make "one" play. He made several plays. The defense as a whole couldn't capitalize. Hell, the team couldn't capitalize.

This INT is a great example. We needed just one more TD in this game. Elvis pressured a pass which was picked off and we started around the Raiders 42 yd line. 42 YDS FOR A SCORE AND WE WIN! Game over. That's it. All she wrote. Instead, McDickless got it down to the 17 yd line and instead of going to our best players on offense, he chose to throw a OT SCREEN PASS TO RYAN CLADY! WASTE! EPIC FAIL! MCD's GAMEPLAN and IGNORANCE LOST THE GAME. It wasn't Dumervil.

That's only one of many BJ's he had calling our offense against the Raiders, hence why we lost to the basement dwelling AFC West team.

Some of you are truly amazing. A work of art. Grow a brain. Adopt a brain. Wish for a brain. Interalize a brain. Do something! Time is wasting! You're gonna go your whole life brainless!

youre posts get longer and longer each time. i think i already said the offense is the problem, not teh defense. the defense also needs to hold on a final drive to win the game. elvis is part of that, and applying pressure during that would be nice. im not sure who got the sack to make it 2 and 23.

bpc
12-24-2009, 12:02 PM
im not ripping marshall, hes easily the best player on this team, and its not that close. im ripping dumervil for not making plays when they are needed most (anymore).

you thought mcdaniels destroyed this franchise and cutler was going to be a HOFer, still believe that? maybe you should re-think publicly posting your predictions.

Here's the problem with you guys... that was last season! The only people that bring up Cutler, Shanahan, whomever, is you guys! Protecting your interests, deflecting criticism when it's due to McDumbass.

It's truly amazing how thick headed you are.

All you need to do is say... you know what? I was wrong. Elvis wasn't the problem in the Raider game. He brought a serious rush, created a TO for us which gave us a chance to put this game away early.

But you can't do it. Because it would be admitting blame to McD, Orton or some other tard you're defending for no reason.

Admitting McD has sucked on offense doesn't mean he should be fired. It means he should try something else! Maybe Peyton Hillis on the goaline?

bpc
12-24-2009, 12:04 PM
youre posts get longer and longer each time. i think i already said the offense is the problem, not teh defense. the defense also needs to hold on a final drive to win the game. elvis is part of that, and applying pressure during that would be nice. im not sure who got the sack to make it 2 and 23.

If you actually watched the game, you would see that he got two or three pressures on that last drive. The drive itself was Nolan's fault. He should have been blitzing from the 1st down on that series and blew it until Oakland got in our redzone.

Bad F up. Goes toe and toe with the terribly called game McD had. Actually worse because his unit had been solid despite the rushing yds, until that point.

WABronco
kIds r Mad

tsiguy96
Here's the problem with you guys... that was last season! The only people that bring up Cutler, Shanahan, whomever, is you guys! Protecting your interests, deflecting criticism when it's due to McDumbass.

It's truly amazing how thick headed you are.

All you need to do is say... you know what? I was wrong. Elvis wasn't the problem in the Raider game. He brought a serious rush, created a TO for us which gave us a chance to put this game away early.

But you can't do it. Because it would be admitting blame to McD, Orton or some other tard you're defending for no reason.

Admitting McD has sucked on offense doesn't mean he should be fired. It means he should try something else! Maybe Peyton Hillis on the goaline?

wtf are ou even talking about? seriously, what are you talking about, are you even reading what anyone is saying or just constantly going on about how much mcd sucks at everything?

Popps
12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Again, I love Doom. I do think he runs a bit hot and cold. Some teams seem to have an answer for him and some don't. I would have liked to see him somewhere on those last couple of drives Sunday, but Oakland held him fairly well in check all day. It happens, even to great pass-rushers.

We need to re-sign him, period. Whether or not he sometimes goes missing for a game... he's a great asset to our defense and we need the guy around for the long-haul.

Let's hope he can have a big game this weekend. He'll have one of his tougher challenges.

jhns
12-24-2009, 12:38 PM
If you guys think Elvis is missing in games just for not getting sacks, what exactly do you think of the rest of the league? He does lead the league in sacks. That means every front 7 defender has gone missing far more than Elvis.

Some teams just don't give up sacks as easily. Elvis is pretty consistent with his pressure. He has hits on QBs every week. Pressure is a much better measure. The majority of sacks in this league take more than a single defender to get. They take either a breakdown in blocking by the other team, great coverage in the secondary, or other people also creating pressure so the QB can't just step up in the pocket or run away. Very few sacks are generated simply by a single defender winning his battle. The guys that consistently win the one on one battles will create consistent pressure and make the QB get rid of the ball though. Sacks help tell who consistently wins one on one battles because those are the guys that are there to clean up when the line breaks down, the secondary covers everyone, or there is a good enough push up the middle to stop the QB from stepping up. There is no way you should be expecting these guys to get sacks every game or many against offenses that don't make lots of mistakes.

misturanderson
12-24-2009, 12:38 PM
What we really need to do is figure out some way to get the refs to call holding against whatever team we are facing.

I would bet money that we as a team have the fewest holding calls go our way in the entire league by a wide margin.

It's sickening that the Broncos' opponent always gets away with holding right next to the ball all game long without ever getting a penalty called against them.

Los Broncos
12-24-2009, 12:41 PM
What we really need to do is figure out some way to get the refs to call holding against whatever team we are facing.

I would bet money that we as a team have the fewest holding calls go our way in the entire league by a wide margin.

It's sickening that the Broncos' opponent always gets away with holding calls right next to the ball all game long without ever getting a penalty called against them.

I counted a few last week that weren't called.

bpc
12-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Again, I love Doom. I do think he runs a bit hot and cold. Some teams seem to have an answer for him and some don't. I would have liked to see him somewhere on those last couple of drives Sunday, but Oakland held him fairly well in check all day. It happens, even to great pass-rushers.

We need to re-sign him, period. Whether or not he sometimes goes missing for a game... he's a great asset to our defense and we need the guy around for the long-haul.

Let's hope he can have a big game this weekend. He'll have one of his tougher challenges.

Let us hope so. I've seen Philly OT's struggle a bunch this season, although it was earlier in the year.

An opposite pass rusher is needed outside of Doom who I agree, should be the first guy we resign this offseason.

I'm seriously considering whether we should use our 1st round pick in the draft to take Derrick Morgan no matter who is on the board, at OL, or QB. We have a good thing building with Nolan and the nucleus of this defense. If we could get another edge rusher who can pressure the passer it's going to extend the life of some of our DB's as they won't have to cover as long

I think the long term ability of Robert Ayers is at DE where he has been playing at times as well. He'll probably need to add 10-15 lbs but should be able to do it without the loss of much speed.