PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Champs!!

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Im not a troll here, but im sure you will call me one...

I have no right posting this and I feel like a troll... ha ha...but...

Thanks to the Faiders for handing us the division again!!!

Hope you guys can get it right next year...always better to go to the last game of the season like last year. -- Takes time with a new coach and pretty much a whole new team!!

you guys are going to be dangerous next year!!! Good luck in the wildcard round!!

colonelbeef
12-20-2009, 05:00 PM
For some reason, this post made me laugh. I have to appreciate a well timed trolling. Good work

The Lone Bolt
12-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I still hate the faiders with a passion but I'm glad they won.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - 2009 AFC WEST CHAMPS!!:egbgb:

The Joker
12-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Go make some toast in the bath, ****head.

Black96WS6
12-20-2009, 05:01 PM

Hope you guys can get it right next year...always better to go to the last game of the season like last year. -- Takes time with a new coach and pretty much a whole new team!!

you guys are going to be dangerous next year!!! Good luck in the wildcard round!!

Yeah but the question is, what do the Broncos do now? Orton clearly is not the answer, so who do you bring in?

And if you draft a QB, it's a crapshoot, and they won't be ready to play right away, unless you get lucky and grab another Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers...

BlaK-Argentina
12-20-2009, 05:02 PM
About time your stupid team does something with it. My guess is... they won't.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 05:02 PM

Wild Card Round...:rofl:

orangemonkey
12-20-2009, 05:06 PM

this is McD's legacy, he shifts a risky franchise qb out to bring in a game manager that can run his offense. Im a guy who has never been impressed by Bellichek and Tom Brady so I'm pretty biased with the Denver hook but Orton isn't in the same stratosphere as brady/cassel in talent. We're pretty much F88888 until we get a better QB or scheme.

For the record, im also one of those guys that thinks Elway handed Brady his first SuperBowl.

colonelbeef
12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Worst thing to happen to the Chargers was resigning Norv Turner.

Dude will never get over the hump, just like Wade Phillips. He will show you flashes, but ultimately he will curl up into a little ball in the big game a la Marty Schottenheimer.

Chargers should have overpaid Mike Shanahan instead.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Yea, its really tough for you guys to bring in so many new people and really you guys had a great season compared to what we all thought it would be!!

Orton is better than Jay though -- you have to admit that one!! Best thing for you guys is for Jay to leave your team!!

It would kill me if we dont get to the superbowl -- Im tired of the same ole playoff woes -- Its time to win!!

oubronco
12-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Congratulations enjoy it while you can

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:14 PM

seriously -- You guys winout and you will be dangerous in the wildcard spot -- especially with Brandon "the sheriff's" Marshall...

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 05:14 PM

the first time you guys got beat by us and not a damn one you show up . I hope you know I hope you nothing but bad will

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:15 PM
For some reason, this post made me laugh. I have to appreciate a well timed trolling. Good work

yes, but I am a respectful troll -- I know my teams flaws and I accept them too!!

Hopefully we can get farther than one and done!! :yayaya:

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Congratulations enjoy it while you can

Why would you do that ? they are in here strickly trolling

Dagmar
12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Congrats to the Chargers. Their nemesis is still to come. Football in January!

~Crash~

Dude will never get over the hump, just like Wade Phillips. He will show you flashes, but ultimately he will curl up into a little ball in the big game a la Marty Schottenheimer.

Marty Schottenheimer if he was our coach today would of won that game ! so dont throw him under the bus

When Lightning Strikes
the first time you guys got beat by us and not a damn one you show up . I hope you know I hope you nothing but bad will

I show up -- but I dont really talk bad about your team -- I actually like the broncos, compared to the Faiders and the Bleeps!!

Im sorry that I am trolling like this -- deep down it hurts me

Broncos4tw
12-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Awesome.. appreciate you rubbing in our faces when we are at our lowest. Hopefully we can repay the classless favor in the near future.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Congrats to the Chargers. Their nemesis is still to come. Football in January!

Yea, hopefully they will get a grip on this one and we will be able to watch Charger Football in February!!

My first born is due around the Superbowl this year!! Sure would be nice to watch the bolts in the big show with him!!

ZachKC
12-20-2009, 05:19 PM

You know I am inclined to agree that they won't make it happen but this year I am a lot less sure of that than others.

It wasn't that long ago (especially on this board) that was Peyton Manning's story. Wouldn't be able to get over the hump.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Awesome.. appreciate you rubbing in our faces when we are at our lowest. Hopefully we can repay the classless favor in the near future.

I dont care about Anchorman movie quotes -- Let alone make believe class from a Hollywood production!!

Actually I just started this thread to be the first one to talk about it -- I wanted to be the cool guy!!

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM

why they just don't show up...

strafen
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3e91fb4267.jpg

oubronco
12-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Why would you do that ? they are in here strickly trolling

I'm trying to stay classy

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3e91fb4267.jpg

Theres room in there for this years new trophy -- Looks like someone cleaned the dust out of there!! Ha Ha

hey, were is the AFL Championship trophy at!!?? I swear it should be there -- Many many years ago, the Chargers won some kind of championship..:~ohyah!:

Too bad they can't fit AFC West (4 years in a row!!) pennants in there!!

bronco militia
12-20-2009, 05:26 PM
booooooooooooooooooo

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:27 PM
booooooooooooooooooo

ha ha

I seriously like the bronco's so much more now that Jay is in Chicago!! Just looking at him made me sick!!

booooo to us!!

strafen
12-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Theres room in there for this years new trophy -- Looks like someone cleaned the dust out of there!! Ha Ha

hey, were is the AFL Championship trophy at!!?? I swear it should be there -- Many many years ago, the Chargers won some kind of championship..:~ohyah!:

Too bad they can't fit AFC West (4 years in a row!!) pennants in there!!We measure success in SB throphies...

ZachKC
12-20-2009, 05:28 PM
We measure success in SB throphies...

No success until the late 90's for your franchise?

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:31 PM
We measure success in SB throphies...

Yea, you guys were a great team back then!! I really thought that team was so talented!!

Congratulations on your superbowl wins!! They were great!! You guys were the best team for those wins!! Great QB and such a good RB too!! TD all day!!

You guys are way better than the Chargers in that catagory!! Too bad we had to play one of the best 49er teams ever in '94 - '95 superbowl or this would be a different conversation!!

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Its funny that Charlie Frye had to leave the game and OfftheMarcus had to pull though with the winning TD throw!!

Jay Cutler also had a passer rating of 7.9 today -- poor Chicago!!

FantomForce
12-20-2009, 05:40 PM
No success until the late 90's for your franchise?

when was the success for your franchise zach?

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Zing!!

ZachKC
12-20-2009, 05:44 PM

It was sooner rather than recently. I just think its funny when some use the SB or it doesn't matter line.

Basically ****ting on anything the Broncos did pre 90's.

UberBroncoMan
seriously -- You guys winout and you will be dangerous in the wildcard spot -- especially with Brandon "the sheriff's" Marshall...

Sorry but if you're being serious... man I don't even know what to think.

We lost to the RAIDERS at home... we play the EAGLES at their place next.

Season over... no wild card.

Dagmar

http://www.hanulak.com/cavemen/cavemen.jpg

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry but if you're being serious... man I don't even know what to think.

We lost to the RAIDERS at home... we play the EAGLES at their place next.

Season over... no wild card.

Eagles can be beat, and you guys have a talented team -- Get the coaching going in the right direction and the playoffs are still reachable!!

Dagmar
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Eagles can be beat, and you guys have a talented team -- Get the coaching going in the right direction and the playoffs are still reachable!!

Christ, even the ****ty Raiders beat the Eagles! lol!

wait....

chadta
12-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Yea, hopefully they will get a grip on this one and we will be able to watch Charger Football in February!!

My first born is due around the Superbowl this year!! Sure would be nice to watch the bolts in the big show with him!!

maybe youll get to meet his dad too

BreesLightning
12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Christ, even the ****ty Raiders beat the Eagles! lol!

wait....

Eagles are a very tough team to deal with in december. Especially at home and still fighting it out for their division. If you guys can pull that off, you will be more than worthy of a wildcard. I just can't see it happening.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
maybe youll get to meet his dad too

Ha ha ouch!! I wouldnt hate him though -- unless he was a bronco's fan!!

Captain 'Dre
12-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

Congratulations to the Chargers on clinching the AFC West title.

You guys have an amazing quarterback, but other than that, the team just isn't THAT special.

We have our own troubles to work through, but with the way our defense has come around ithis year, we'll be giving San Diego a run for its money soon.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

You guys have an amazing quarterback, but other than that, the team just isn't THAT special.

We have our own troubles to work through, but with the way our defense has come around ithis year, we'll be giving San Diego a run for its money soon.

Agreed on the Bronco's getting tougher!! You guys can become very dangerous soon!!

I have to say that the tight end we have playing for us is very special too and I would have to say that our injury torn Defense and injury torn O-line is pretty special too!!

Philip is a great QB and I am super happy that he is on the team I love!! But dont take away all the Probowl caliber players on this team either -- There is special talent on this team -- Of course, all players except for Merriman ...we have to get rid of him soon!! haha

The Lone Bolt
12-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

Thanks. I disagree, this team has a lot going for it. And perhaps we will be getting a run for our money from you guys, who knows.

BigBad
12-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Chargers have now tied the Raiders for most AFC West championships all-time with 15. The Broncos follow with 10 and the lowly Chiefs with 8.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Chargers have now tied the Raiders for most AFC West championships all-time with 15. The Broncos follow with 10 and the lowly Chiefs with 8.

How many Superbowls did the Chargers win?? oh wait -- one of you guys was supposed to say that..sorry

DenverBrit
12-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Loooooooong before he was born. :spit:

DenverBrit
12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks. I disagree, this team has a lot going for it. And perhaps we will be getting a run for our money from you guys, who knows.

SD fans have been saying that for long time, and each time they get no further than the Broncos did with Plummer.

But even a blind squirrel etc. ;D

Captain 'Dre
12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Agreed on the Bronco's getting tougher!! You guys can become very dangerous soon!!

I have to say that the tight end we have playing for us is very special too and I would have to say that our injury torn Defense and injury torn O-line is pretty special too!!

Philip is a great QB and I am super happy that he is on the team I love!! But dont take away all the Probowl caliber players on this team either -- There is special talent on this team -- Of course, all players except for Merriman ...we have to get rid of him soon!! haha

As good as some of those guys you mentioned are, Rivers is the only one who can't be replaced... at least, in my opinion.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Loooooooong before he was born. :spit:

Yea it was 40 years ago this year!! Way back

i was minus 10 years old!!

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 06:30 PM

dont forget that the Seattle Seahawks have won 2 AFC West titles too!!

haha

Boltergeist
12-20-2009, 06:42 PM
AFCW Champs 4 years in a row and 5 out of the last 6 at that.

All that being said....Bronco fans are correct in pointing out our empty trophy case....That's the only thing that really matters.....but, it's a long season...and to get to the big dance you've got to put yourself in position. I feel a hell of a lot better about our chances under Norv in the postseason than I ever did with Schottenheimer....good as he may have been at turning a young team into a consistent winner.

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 06:44 PM
AFCW Champs 4 years in a row and 5 out of the last 6 at that.

All that being said....Bronco fans are correct in pointing out our empty trophy case....That's the only thing that really matters.....but, it's a long season...and to get to the big dance you've got to put yourself in position. I feel a hell of a lot better about our chances under Norv in the postseason than I ever did with Schottenheimer....good as he may have been at turning a young team into a consistent winner.

QFT my ninja!!

Sassy
12-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Why do these chargers fans not show up after a loss?
Were they here when they lost to the Broncos in San Diego?
(Curious...I was in New Orleans watching the game.)

When Lightning Strikes
12-20-2009, 07:29 PM

I was here -- I dont make predictions, so I usually dont have to eat crow!! I have no problem coming here and talking football when we lose also, i was just stating the fact that thanks to the Raiders, or maybe the broncos too, that we are the AFC West champs again with 4 straight!!

I have been here for 3 years win or lose to discuss football -- just not here when the broncos do not affect me in any way!!

Rivers Delivers
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9427/ltrmanriversdelivers.jpg

AGAIN

KipCorrington25
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Let's be fair though, winning the special olympics isn't that impressive which winning the AFC West is comperable to.

Greatspirits
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't mind them trolling, we deserve it, after that crap we saw today!

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM

nope

DHallblows
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah but the question is, what do the Broncos do now? Orton clearly is not the answer, so who do you bring in?

And if you draft a QB, it's a crapshoot, and they won't be ready to play right away, unless you get lucky and grab another Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers...

You chargers fans are oh so cute...

Sassy
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Orton wasn't the one that allowed their offense down the field.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Great win by SD. That kick looked like it could have been 60 yards. Chargers have the "it" factor. They know when to turn it on even when they are looking like crap to start the year. They dont give up and they play hard. They are dominating this division not because the other 3 teams are down but because they are good. 2nd seed and they own the Colts. Could be their year.....of course we hear that every year recently.

boltaneer
12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Great win by SD. That kick looked like it could have been 60 yards. Chargers have the "it" factor. They know when to turn it on even when they are looking like crap to start the year. They dont give up and they play hard. They are dominating this division not because the other 3 teams are down but because they are good. 2nd seed and they own the Colts. Could be their year.....of course we hear that every year recently.

Well, the Chargers main nemesis in January has been injuries the past two years and it looks like it's rearing it's ugly head again. They had a ton of injuries today. Not sure how severe all of them are but it looks like they'll have to go with the third string center for now because Hardwick still isn't ready to come back.

In a lot of ways, things are shaping up well for the Chargers (possibly no Steelers in the playoffs, bye week, 2nd seed, a probable meeting with Indy in the Championship game) but on the other hand, the Colts are just on such a roll right now and Peyton is due for a win against us and the injuries are getting scary. It's going to be a very tough road in the playoffs.

bronco militia
12-20-2009, 08:09 PM
hey san diego...

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/22431097/379911985.jpg

Greatspirits
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
At least they know how to win in December, unlike some other team around here!

Rivers Delivers
12-20-2009, 09:42 PM
hey san diego...

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/22431097/379911985.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/631/jadoofus.jpg

(that bowl o' dick is fuc.king hilarious though)

Dagmar
12-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Well. Whatever is happening in this thread, I have no idea, but SD are 11 - 3 and deserve their plaudits. Congrats to them, winning the AFC West. They are looking like the 2nd seed too.

We'll see what happens in January.

ZONA
12-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Aint no room for Broncos to talk any smack. I mean, we've won the AFC West one time (2005) in the last 10 years. It's become the Chargers division. Right now they are the class of the division and I know that totally blows but it's the truth. They have won it 4 years in a row now and 5 of the past 6. Now, the Bolts have done exactly nada with the division crown, nothing to show for it at all. Sucks for them but the bottom line is you can't rest on what you've done in the past and at least they are winning the division. I would love for the Broncos to quit finding reasons to fade late in the year. I just don't see how this team can make the playoffs now. They are 2-6 in their last 8 games.

2000 Oakland Raiders
2001 Oakland Raiders
2002 Oakland Raiders
2003 Kansas City Chiefs
2004 San Diego Chargers
2005 Denver Broncos
2006 San Diego Chargers
2007 San Diego Chargers
2008 San Diego Chargers
2009 San Diego Chargers

Electric Chair
12-20-2009, 10:25 PM
I feel sorry for the English language after reading this thread.

Boltaneer, cut that whining about injuries crap out. It's embarrassing. It's the NFL. Players get hurt. I never heard Patriot Fans whining about losing their starting QB in 2001 after they won the Super Bowl. Man up.

Bronco Bob
12-20-2009, 10:31 PM

Or maybe we can pick up another Drew Brees from some team dumb enough to let him go.

Electric Chair
12-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Or maybe we can pick up another Drew Brees from some team dumb enough to let him go.

Then you better not expect to win many playoff games.

DHallblows
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Then you better not expect to win many playoff games.

Isn't Brees 1-1 with the Saints while Rivers is the same .500 (3-3) with the Chargers?

Ugly Duck
12-21-2009, 01:44 AM
seriously -- You guys winout and you will be dangerous in the wildcard spot --

I think you missed it.... they can't even beat Oakland...

boltaneer
12-21-2009, 02:03 AM

Boltaneer, cut that whining about injuries crap out. It's embarrassing. It's the NFL. Players get hurt. I never heard Patriot Fans whining about losing their starting QB in 2001 after they won the Super Bowl. Man up.

Not whining. We all know injuries are part of the game. They're just getting very unlucky at certain positions. Having to go with the 4th string NT and 3rd string center is getting a little ridiculous though. Two positions that are anchors of the lines. They've weathered the storm so far so let's see if they can continue not missing a beat.

Just very paranoid about it based on recent history, that's all. :)

Cito Pelon
12-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Congrats to the Chargers.

They're on quite a run of AFCW Titles. Four in a row and 5 of the past 6.

One of the best, maybe THE best stretch in AFCW history.

Captain 'Dre
12-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Let's be fair though, winning the special olympics isn't that impressive which winning the AFC West is comperable to.

In attempting to denigrate the Chargers' accomplishment, you just clowned the Broncos.

I mean... our team has choked this *special Olympics* division two years in a row.

Captain 'Dre
12-21-2009, 07:27 AM

You heard them whine about it plenty in 2008!!! Ha!

dungbeetle
12-21-2009, 07:44 PM
You heard them whine about it plenty in 2008!!! Ha!

It's nice when Charger and Bronco fans can find a common ground and clown on pats fans. :)

strafen
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
You've gotta give it to San Diego.
Not only have they been the best team in the AFC West in the last couple of years, but they're poised to hold that position for the next few years as well.
Yeah, I don't like it, but it is what it is...
We need to get ourselves a QB that can do battle and win games we're supposed to win, and win the ones we're supposed to lose.
At least balance it out to where we'd always get a chance to win with whoever be leading us..
Orton is not the guy, and I'm not advocating for Cutler either.
It's about looking into the future and do what we need to do to stay competitive, and it starts with a new QB...

TomServo
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Another division banner? woofrakin hoo. Broncos have 6 Hunt trophys

TomServo
12-21-2009, 11:52 PM
O and Two Lambardis. keep collecting those division banners tho...

Captain 'Dre
12-22-2009, 06:29 AM
It's nice when Charger and Bronco fans can find a common ground and clown on pats fans. :)

Kumbaya, my friend! Ha!

Rivers Delivers
12-22-2009, 07:02 AM
keep collecting those division banners tho...

We will.

Thanks.

BuckinKaeding
12-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Sweet thread, a lot of troll like activity in here though.

Good luck to the Broncos, I actually hope you make the playoffs.

Ambiguous
12-22-2009, 10:06 AM
We will.

Thanks.

Can't you assholes go have your circle jerk elsewhere?

Rivers Delivers
12-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Can't you a-holes go have your circle jerk elsewhere?

No.

Rohirrim
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Will all you guys be back when the Chargers collapse in their first playoff game?

Rivers Delivers
12-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Will all you guys be back when the Chargers collapse in their first playoff game?

Marty's been gone for a couple years, remember?

Norv does not go one and done with this team.

So the answer to your question is: NO. :sunshine:

gtown
12-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Can't you a-holes go have your circle jerk elsewhere?

Not enough Charger fans to form a full circle. And besides, band wagon fans don't have the prerequisite equipment for a circle jerk.

Captain 'Dre
12-26-2009, 11:15 AM

They came back after we punked them in San Diego in Week 5...

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Can't wait to see norvs game plan for the first round loss.

Inkana7
12-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Can't wait to see norvs game plan for the first round loss.

Seems like the only team they can ever beat in the playoffs is the Colts.

ZONA
12-26-2009, 12:20 PM
We will.

Thanks.

Is that a Steven Hawking lego man you have there in your avatar? Pretty cool. Hawking is the man.

ZONA
12-26-2009, 12:25 PM
It sure would be nice to start adding to our collection. The sooner the better.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/12042/Broncos_Trophies.jpg

Rivers Delivers
12-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Is that a Steven Hawking lego man you have there in your avatar? Pretty cool. Hawking is the man.

Yes.

Norv recently got an infusion of Hawking's blood.

Seems to have helped. ;D

Bronx33
12-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes.

Seems to have helped. ;D

Naaww i think that propecia endorsement turned things around.

Hogan11
12-27-2009, 06:55 AM
The Chargers...bah.

If the Colts don't get 'em, the Saints will.

Gort
12-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Yes.

Seems to have helped. ;D

and by infusion, you mean buttsecks?

and by blood, you mean ...?