PDA

View Full Version : These Broncos DO NOT Deserve the Playoffs

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Woodyard should be cut, he is horrible and really helped this team lose today. 4th and 10 and he gives up 11. He promptly gives up another 7 yard completion, then the penalty to stop the clock and give them time to huddle.

Alphonso Smith had a so-so game, but not when it counted. Missed tackle, butter fingers on the INT.

Ayers... lets up when he has a chance to nail the QB or strip the ball.

McD has first and goal and won't throw the ball to BMarsh to seal the game.

Officials called a very one way game. Tons of holding against our DL and no calls that I can recall. Gaffney was interfered with, Scheff was interfered with, Orton hit in the head... no calls. Yet there was a key PI penatly against us toward the end of the game (which was PI). There was a roughing the passer call for a weak head touch on Doom. Just a poorly officiated game and very one sided.

And despite all of this, we should have won the game. It's incredible that we can piss games away this late in the year with the playoffs on the line. These Broncos do not deserve the playoffs, not when you have the opportunity to control your own destiny and you can't get the job done vs a team with 4 wins... AT HOME!

Isn't that why Shanny was fired? Seems to me that we should EXPECT to win these games since Shanny was fired b/c he didn't. McD shiat his pants and looked like a confused school girl. The blame should start with him!

Oh and last but not least, Almost 250 yards rushing given up. NO WAY CAN YOU DO THAT AT HOME WITH THE PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE. And the worst thing is, They had their 3rd string QB in there and we were playing the pass first. Sad!

Greatspirits
12-20-2009, 05:49 PM
I agree, also McD's refusal to use Hillis on short yardage is killing this team. Very, very disappointing.

SoCalBronco
12-20-2009, 05:50 PM
The team has a way of playing good games against good opponents when our backs are to the wall. Hopefully they can come out and pull it off at Philly next week. Harris being out is really hurting, along with the interior problems which have been an issue for awhile now. Hopefully we can turn it around and pull off the upset to make up for letting this one slip away.

Kid A
12-20-2009, 05:51 PM
The team has a way of playing good games against good opponents when our backs are to the wall. Hopefully they can come out and pull it off at Philly next week. Harris being out is really hurting, along with the interior problems which have been an issue for awhile now. Hopefully we can turn it around and pull off the upset to make up for letting this one slip away.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we knock of the Eagles and then go home and find a way to lose to KC with the playoffs on the line.

fido
12-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I agree, also McD's refusal to use Hillis on short yardage is killing this team. Very, very disappointing.

That is something that is puzzling indeed.

NYBronco
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
This team wasn't supposed to be even close to a WC position and yet they are. If they make it I think its a move in the right direction and an improvment from the previous year. If they don't, well it was expected.

Denver724
12-20-2009, 05:54 PM
We are not very good and do not deserve the playoffs. The thing that pisses me off is that the more games we lose the better pick the Seahawks get. I guess we can look at it another way. The better pick may dissuade McD of making a stupid decision like this in the future.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
looks like Ravens and Steelers will go to playoff's(they deserved it)

oubronco
Woodyard should be cut, he is horrible and really helped this team lose today. 4th and 10 and he gives up 11. He promptly gives up another 7 yard completion, then the penalty to stop the clock and give them time to huddle.

Alphonso Smith had a so-so game, but not when it counted. Missed tackle, butter fingers on the INT.

Officials called a very one way game. Tons of holding against our DL and no calls that I can recall. Gaffney was interfered with, Scheff was interfered with, Orton hit in the head... no calls. Yet there was a key PI penatly against us toward the end of the game (which was PI). There was a roughing the passer call for a weak head touch on Doom. Just a poorly officiated game and very one sided.

And despite all of this, we should have won the game. It's incredible that we can piss games away this late in the year with the playoffs on the line. These Broncos do not deserve the playoffs, not when you have the opportunity to control your own destiny and you can't get the job done vs a team with 4 wins... AT HOME!

Isn't that why Shanny was fired? Seems to me that we should EXPECT to win these games since Shanny was fired b/c he didn't. McD shiat his pants and looked like a confused school girl. The blame should start with him!

Oh and last but not least, Almost 250 yards rushing given up. NO WAY CAN YOU DO THAT AT HOME WITH THE PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE. And the worst thing is, They had their 3rd string QB in there and we were playing the pass first. Sad!

Don't worry I don't think they have a chance against Philly they are playing really well

Kid A
As for whether we "deserve" the playoffs, I say that if we make it we do, we miss the cut we don't. That simple. If we followed all the other teams in the 6-7 loss range right now who are also fighting for a spot in the playoffs we might be making similar pronouncements. I promise you there are Jag/Raven/Steeler/Titan/Jets fans who have gone on similar rants after stupid losses this year. This is the range of teams that show flashes of greatness only to follow them with frustrating losses.

In short, the WC contenders are deeply flawed teams that can still hang with anybody. Broncos, Jags, Titans, etc. all in the same boat. If we find a way to win the final two and get in you better believe we deserve that spot. The wildcard doesn't go to a team that has been consistent all year, just one that was good enough to get a shot at making a late season run.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Don't worry..we won't be in the playoff's

backup qb
12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
3rd and 14- lets dial up the bubble screen.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 06:07 PM
What a stupid ****ing thread. No one DESERVES the playoffs. You either earn it, or you ****ing don't.

Jesus H. Christ, people.

bpc
12-20-2009, 06:11 PM
NOT BLITZING RUSSELL ON THE LAST DRIVE WHEN HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES TO BEGIN WITH WAS UNACCEPTABLE.

He just can't process info quickly, which is why you pressure him. yet we just sat back in a stop zone rushing 4, straight up the field every time.

We deserved to lose this game by some of the worst gameplans i've ever seen. We also deserve to miss the playoffs when you can't knock off a 4-9 team at home who is playing 3 BACKUP QB'S!!!!!!!

This game was simply unexcusible in every way. It WREAKS of Arrogance.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
What a stupid ****ing thread. No one DESERVES the playoffs. You either earn it, or you ****ing don't.

Jesus H. Christ, people.

Did you get an invitation to post in this thread? Does it say anywhere on the OP, Hack wannabe police man that can't get laid and loses women to real men, please post here? Just sayin, cuz I don't remember asking your opinion!

And teams DO deserve the playoffs. The New England Patriots last year deserved the playoffs. You deserve the playoffs by winning some of the games that you shouldn't and all of the games that you should.

You don't see the Chargers losing to the Raiders or Chefs.

You don't see the Bengals losing to the Browns.

You don't see the Vikings losing to the Bears.

Teams that are in the playoffs are there b/c they win the games they are supposed to win and win their share of games in which they are evenly matched.

I know for a simple minded person like yourself it's hard to figure out. Maybe you should spend your time writing about your struggles with girlfriends... at least that gives you some purpose!

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 06:26 PM
As for whether we "deserve" the playoffs, I say that if we make it we do, we miss the cut we don't. That simple. If we followed all the other teams in the 6-7 loss range right now who are also fighting for a spot in the playoffs we might be making similar pronouncements. I promise you there are Jag/Raven/Steeler/Titan/Jets fans who have gone on similar rants after stupid losses this year. This is the range of teams that show flashes of greatness only to follow them with frustrating losses.

In short, the WC contenders are deeply flawed teams that can still hang with anybody. Broncos, Jags, Titans, etc. all in the same boat. If we find a way to win the final two and get in you better believe we deserve that spot. The wildcard doesn't go to a team that has been consistent all year, just one that was good enough to get a shot at making a late season run.

Teams that win the games they are supposed to win and wins their share of games they aren't are the teams that deserve the playoffs.

If we win against the Raiders and Chefs and lose to the Eagles, at least we are doing something that Shanny proved he couldn't do and got fired for. McD is doing the same thing Shanny did. 2-6 in his last 8. No matter what we're seeing a drop off in the 2nd half of the season which means that we lack talent and teams have caught on to his schemes. Proof is in the pudding bubba and right now that is some shiat flavored puddding that McD is serving up.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Defense was absolutely terrible today. 1 f-ing sack? Dumervil was invisible. No one could tackle for ****.

Wes Mantooth
12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't want to watch a team that can't win in the playoffs. I hate loosing to the Raiders.

UberBroncoMan
12-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I've said it repeatedly on the forums.

Three games left.

We win Oak/KC and we're in because I can't see us beating the Eagles at their place (even with Dawkins and Buck's inside knowledge).

We lost to the turd Raiders on a game winning drive by Oakland... yeah the D was pathetic vs the run... but 5 red zone trips... 1 TD... against the Raiders... at home.

We DO NOT deserve a playoff spot.

Frankly I'm already getting into offseason mode... winding down so I don't get all upset later on.

Probably won't be on much until something major happens in the offseason ie. contract signing or retarded trade.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
We won't be in the playoff's(Just like last year).

Kid A
12-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Teams that win the games they are supposed to win and wins their share of games they aren't are the teams that deserve the playoffs.

If we win against the Raiders and Chefs and lose to the Eagles, at least we are doing something that Shanny proved he couldn't do and got fired for. McD is doing the same thing Shanny did. 2-6 in his last 8. No matter what we're seeing a drop off in the 2nd half of the season which means that we lack talent and teams have caught on to his schemes. Proof is in the pudding bubba and right now that is some shiat flavored puddding that McD is serving up.

Not sure what you're arguing here. It sounds like you say you would have been satisfied if we made the playoffs by beating the Raiders and Chiefs and lost to the Eagles. But you don't think we "deserve" the playoffs if we beat the Eagles and Chiefs and lose to the Raiders?

I'm as unimpressed by what I saw today as anyone, and I'm not exactly optimistic that we will win the last two game. But, if the Broncos do surprise me and finish with two wins I'm not going to complain--they will have done what was needed to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That doesn't mean excusing their flaws or ignoring the need for some big changes in the offseason. It just means acknowledging that two more wins makes this team, flaws and all, one of the top 6 in their conference.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-20-2009, 06:36 PM

have to agree here. It was like they set themselves up for the QB sneak to work (by never calling it) and now it worked one time last week. But now they think that it should be the bread and butter call. Really?

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Not sure what you're arguing here. It sounds like you say you would have been satisfied if we made the playoffs by beating the Raiders and Chiefs and lost to the Eagles. But you don't think we "deserve" the playoffs if we beat the Eagles and Chiefs and lose to the Raiders?

I'm as unimpressed by what I saw today as anyone, and I'm not exactly optimistic that we will win the last two game. But, if the Broncos do surprise me and finish with two wins I'm not going to complain--they will have done what was needed to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That doesn't mean excusing their flaws or ignoring the need for some big changes in the offseason. It just means acknowledging that two more wins makes this team, flaws and all, one of the top 6 in their conference.

The chance of us beating the Iggles is slim. However, they don't have a running game to speak of so maybe we have a chance. 250 yards against the Faid... UNACCEPTABLE! And I agree that the OL needs some beef up the middle, but we don't have it this year. If he is trying to make a point that we need help in the middle of the OL, COACH McD, WE RECEIVED THE MESSAGE A LONG TIME AGO! So, for the time being, please do something different until you get the big uglies you need in the middle of the OL.

Kid A
12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I've said it repeatedly on the forums.

Three games left.

We win Oak/KC and we're in because I can't see us beating the Eagles at their place (even with Dawkins and Buck's inside knowledge).

We lost to the turd Raiders on a game winning drive by Oakland... yeah the D was pathetic vs the run... but 5 red zone trips... 1 TD... against the Raiders... at home.

We DO NOT deserve a playoff spot.

Frankly I'm already getting into offseason mode... winding down so I don't get all upset later on.

Probably won't be on much until something major happens in the offseason ie. contract signing or retarded trade.

I just don't get this logic. Obviously right now, sitting here at 8-6, we don't deserve a spot in the playoffs. 8 wins is not enough. Only a few teams have already locked up a playoff spot. Do the mediocre Jets, Titans, Jags, or Ravens deserve a spot? No, because they don't have enough wins either. In the last couple weeks some teams are going to earn it while others will not.

Not saying you should be optimistic about the chances or happy about the situation we're in. I guarantee, though, that if this team somehow finishes with an impressive win against Philly and beats the Chiefs nobody will be saying we crying that we don't "deserve" that WC spot.

oubronco
12-20-2009, 06:44 PM

hell yea :thumbsup:

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Everyone that is claiming that Hillis could do better isn't paying attention to what is going on. There isn't room to run and Hillis can't do any better without holes to run through. The problem with the running game is not who is running the ball but rather the play selection and scheme. Trying to run this style of offense with the personnel we have is essentially trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... and we are seeing the results. It's the same as what we tried to do with the Colts. And speaking of which, why the hell is Woodyard still on this football team?

rastaman
12-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Everyone that is claiming that Hillis could do better isn't paying attention to what is going on. There isn't room to run and Hillis can't do any better without holes to run through. The problem with the running game is not who is running the ball but rather the play selection and scheme. Trying to run this style of offense with the personnel we have is essentially trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... and we are seeing the results. It's the same as what we tried to do with the Colts. And speaking of which, why the hell is Woodyard still on this football team?

We don't know how Hillis would have done b/c he was never given the chance to do anything! We can speculate and give opinions....but what do you have after that?

Wes Mantooth
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I am so depressed, I think I may watch the Sing-off finally tomorrow.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Did you get an invitation to post in this thread? Does it say anywhere on the OP, Hack wannabe police man that can't get laid and loses women to real men, please post here? Just sayin, cuz I don't remember asking your opinion!

Don't want my opinion? Then don't post a thread, **** for brains.

Don't want me to call you stupid for posting bull**** like this? Then don't post at all.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-20-2009, 07:08 PM

Wrong. Hillis has the ability to move the pile an extra yard. That is what we are talking about. Not running through holes for 12 yards. We are talking about slamming into the pile for 1-2 yards. This is the whole idea of the big bruising short yardage back. We have one and just dont use him.

strafen
12-20-2009, 07:14 PM

Not paying attention what's going on?
Seriously?
Did you see Hillis in the KC game?
I don't care if it was garbage time. It was garbage time for us, but don't go and tell the KC defense that.
They didn't fold over when they saw Hillis in there, and let him bust 47 yards in 7 carries, did they?

We've seen enough of Moreno in multiple situations and circumstances for us to have an idea of what he can and can't do.
3rd down conversion and goal line situations are not his forte.
We need a big back to succeed there.
Look at that big back Bush the Raiders have. He did pretty good, didn't he?
He was the difference maker for them today. A lot of teams rely on a big powerful back to give them an edge.
Moreno is not a F/T runner.
McDaniels rather give the ball today to Lamont Jordan than swallow his ego and play Hillis.
Why?
Because he would look like a fool. He would not want to be proven wrong after the media all week long questioned him about the Hillis situation.
He didn't want to hear the proverbial, we told you so coach!
God no. His youth, arrogance and ego wouldn't allow that.
He's a genius and smarter than everybody else who dares to question his wisdom.

This offense besides the Moreno fiasco, also shows no confidence in the QB.
At what point would you let your QB play his game to win.
Orton has been playing on a leash. Don't make mistakes, don't lose the game for us, but at the same time is like he's not winning the game for us either.

Do you want him to QB this team ifor the future?
I'll be pissed if he is.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 07:47 PM

Sign of mediocre team. You should know that by now. You are probably the happiest person around with the result. The D sucks because your boy DJ is severely overrated like I have always though and has no gap discipline. He isn't the only reason but a big part. Get rid of that ****ty Miami Homerism and come to reality that he is very average.

Taco John
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM

How did Hillis do with this same line last year? He had fans saying that our search for a runningback is over, that's how.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
How did Hillis do with this same line last year? He had fans saying that our search for a runningback is over, that's how.

Same OL but a drastically different (and better) running scheme. Hillis is a beast when he gets a head of steam and is running down hill. In this scheme he would be getting hit before he got to the LOS. This is on McD and the scheme on the running back. I'm in favor of Hillis getting 10 carries a game. I think he is a dynamic player that should be utilized, but he isn't the answer to what is killing our running game.

Again, it seems like McD is trying to prove a point. It reminds me of Fisher Deberry running his small Falcon RB's up the middle with his small OL against guys that were 100 lbs heavier. Same thing for McD.

I like McD, but I expect him to utilize player's strengths and right now he isn't doing that with the OL... not by a long shot. Strap a training wheel on Polumbus while you're at it, he is horrible.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Don't want my opinion? Then don't post a thread, **** for brains.

Don't want me to call you stupid for posting bull**** like this? Then don't post at all.

Go back to your rent-a-cop job you hack. You have no idea what is going on around you... probably why your in the situation you're in. Way to open your mouth and remove all doubt, genius.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Go back to your rent-a-cop job you hack. You have no idea what is going on around you... probably why your in the situation you're in. Way to open your mouth and remove all doubt, genius.

Says the guy who went on a poorly orchestrated personal attack because he was butthurt over getting called out for a stupid thread he posted on a major Broncos forum.

Yeah, you're the only one here who looks like a moron.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2009, 08:42 PM
This team does deserve the playoffs if they finish 10-6. A blowout loss to Philly and a win vs the crappy Chiefs would not look good for us. If we would go to Cinci with a 9-7 record, they will want to destroy us from what happened in the first week.

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 08:50 PM

It's getting very hard to ignore this point.

Circle Orange
12-20-2009, 08:50 PM
As Clint Eastwood once said, "deserve's got nothing to do with it." ;D

bloodsunday
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Jesus H. Christ, people.

I agree. I am getting tired of this argument after watching the team fade year after year. At some point you have to want to win and take your chances in the playoffs.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Says the guy who went on a poorly orchestrated personal attack because he was butthurt over getting called out for a stupid thread he posted on a major Broncos forum.

Yeah, you're the only one here who looks like a moron.

Um Florida is this you self proclaiming your own statement again?

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Um Florida is this you self proclaiming your own statement again?

Call it whatever you want, AZ.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 09:36 PM

You really are a dumb$*** aren't you. Do you ever wonder why you're such a loser? It isn't that hard to figure out, you're an easy book to read. Loser with the ladies, loser job, loser in life. Darn, it'll get better for you though. One day you'll be somebody, just not today.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 09:37 PM

Ok I'll call it the Florida Classic Pat his own back. It might be a stupid thread but I do have to agree this team sure doesn't look like a playoff team to me. The defense just let one of the worst QB's ever to start drive 50 plus yards for the win.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
And teams that win the games that are important to them are the ones that deserve to be in the playoffs. It comes down to wins and winning against the teams that you "should" beat. Watch what happens to the Vikings now, with tonight's loss they likely will find themselves in 3rd in the NFC and will eventually have to travel to either Philly or New Orleans. They don't deserve the #2 seed after losing to a team they "should" have beat.

epicSocialism4tw
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Embarrassing.

This team has a penchant for the embarrassing losses. Chargers 30-3 at home. Redskins. Baltimore whipped the crap out of 'em. Steelers destroyed 'em. At this rate, KC will come into Denver and knock the Broncos out of playoff contention on the last Sunday.

LongDongJohnson
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
deserve it or not... who gives a crap.
just get in.

Ambiguous
12-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree. I am getting tired of this argument after watching the team fade year after year. At some point you have to want to win and take your chances in the playoffs.

I see your point, but after today, do you even want to see a Broncos playoff game? I just don't see how they could win one, against anyone. I have lost so much faith in this team over the last 4 years, at this point I really feel like every time they win or look good it's just setting me up for disappointment.

I honestly feel like it would be better if we were at 4 wins now, they are always just good enough to crush my soul every year. I feel like a playoff game would just be more of the same.

It's not like I'm going to be rooting for Philly next week, but **** it, I'm not buying in anymore. I kinda gave up after losing to the Chargers at home, then there was that Giants game. I know they are going to lose to Philly, but in the unlikely case they win... I'm not buying in.

Sidenote, if they beat the eagles then lose to the Chiefs at home, I am going to light myself on fire and jump off a bridge. Much like I feel like doing now anyways.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
here is an interesting thought. Even if they get it, they arent good enough to go very far. At best, they win in WC weekend. Does anyone really think they can get hot and win 3 consecutive road games against very good oppts? I dont.

Nothing wrong with not making it. Better draft position (in rds other than 1) and possibly a marginally easier schedule next year?

epicSocialism4tw
12-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Sidenote, if they beat the eagles then lose to the Chiefs at home, I am going to light myself on fire and jump off a bridge. Much like I feel like doing now anyways.

LOL

Don't do it man. Just let them slowly wear you down year after year until you are a shell of your former self just clinging to life. Hey...thats a good metaphor for the post-Elway Broncos. Ha!

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
You really are a dumb$*** aren't you. Do you ever wonder why you're such a loser? It isn't that hard to figure out, you're an easy book to read. Loser with the ladies, loser job, loser in life. Darn, it'll get better for you though. One day you'll be somebody, just not today.

So another baseless personal attack because you got your little feelings hurt over me calling your dumb****, cry-baby thread for what it is?

I aspire to be like you. You are obviously a true man. ::)

Ambiguous
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
here is an interesting thought. Even if they get it, they arent good enough to go very far. At best, they win in WC weekend. Does anyone really think they can get hot and win 3 consecutive road games against very good oppts? I dont.

Nothing wrong with not making it. Better draft position (in rds other than 1) and possibly a marginally easier schedule next year?

That easier schedule got us the Colts and the Patriots this year. Not saying you are wrong, but I'm pessimistic enough to **** on anything at this point.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
It might be a stupid thread So you agree with my statement, yet bitch about me making the statement. That's twice you've done this now. :kiddingme

SoDak Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I am still pissed we lost this game...can't figure out how we let so many opportunities just slip through our fingers. We were outcoached, out played, and when it mattered most the Faiders found a way to make the plays. One of the more frustrating losses. That ****er who shined the laser in Marshall eyes also killed the games rhythm. I don't know why denver always seems to lose games we need to win. I think it is a multitude of things, but mainly if you have a QB that can get you a few more first downs, or find a play when there isn't one, that is how you get over this hump. We haven't had that since the Duke.

Popps
12-20-2009, 10:08 PM

A+

We've got issues to address. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Let's claw our way into the playoffs and have something to build on for next year.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:09 PM
So another baseless personal attack because you got your little feelings hurt over me calling your dumb****, cry-baby thread for what it is?

I aspire to be like you. You are obviously a true man. ::)

Far from butt hurt, it's just frustrating when the OM dumbass club... your club comes out and posts in threads that aren't meant for them.

Deserve- Do something worthy of reward.

Play football at a level worthy of a playoff berth.

HAT
12-20-2009, 10:10 PM
It comes down to wins and winning against the teams that you "should" beat. Watch what happens to the Vikings now, with tonight's loss they likely will find themselves in 3rd in the NFC and will eventually have to travel to either Philly or New Orleans. They don't deserve the #2 seed after losing to a team they "should" have beat.

Every single team in the playoff hunt has at least one loss to teams that they "should've beat" (Except Indy, of course). Denver has 2 thus far and one of those was most likely b/c they lost their starting QB for the second half.

If Denver makes it at 10-6, they absolutely deserve it.

In the AFC alone, they have beaten the number 2,3 & 4 seeds already this year and were within one of score of the undefeated #1 seed deep into the 4th quarter. Plus they will have beaten 2 playoff teams from the NFC.

Find me a team with a better resume against playoff qualifiers than what would be Denver's 5-1. You can't.

Stupid thread given the above.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
A+

We've got issues to address. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Let's claw our way into the playoffs and have something to build on for next year.

You're still dismissing the fact that we're trying to do something we aren't equipped to do. A smart coach plays to the strengths of his team. I didn't see that today and haven't seen it consistently. It's like trying to make Mike Vick a pocket QB or Lamont Jordan a scat back... or Ryan Clady a receiving option.

C'mon man, you have to see that McD went into this game with too much arrogance thinking it would be a walk in the park. This was Shanahan all over again.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Every single team in the playoff hunt has at least one loss to teams that they "should've beat" (Except Indy, of course). Denver has 2 thus far and one of those was most likely b/c they lost their starting QB for the second half.

In the AFC alone, they have beaten the number 2,3 & 4 seeds already this year and were within one of score of the undefeated #1 seed deep into the 4th quarter. Plus they will have beaten 2 playoff teams from the NFC.

Find me a team with a better resume against playoff qualifiers than what would be Denver's 5-1. You can't.

Good points, explain today's abortion of a game.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Far from butt hurt, it's just frustrating when the OM dumbass club... your club comes out and posts in threads that aren't meant for them. Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed that disclaimer that only select people can post in this thread.

Hell, Einstein, you posted a thread on a public forum. People are going to comment on that. Don't know why that's a hard concept for you to grasp, but suffice it to say you pretty much lose any ability to question another's intelligence again.

Deserve- Do something worthy of reward. That's absolutely right. You either do enough (win games) to get the reward (playoffs) or you ****ing don't. This is no goddamn gray area there.

Play football at a level worthy of a playoff berth. And as of today, we are still doing that, hence why this is a dumb**** thread.

Thus endeth the sermon.

Popps
12-20-2009, 10:25 PM
My Broncos always deserve the playoffs.

**** anyone who thinks differently.

Pretty simple.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:27 PM

Pretty simple.

:thumbsup:

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed that disclaimer that only select people can post in this thread.

Hell, Einstein, you posted a thread on a public forum. People are going to comment on that. Don't know why that's a hard concept for you to grasp, but suffice it to say you pretty much lose any ability to question another's intelligence again.

That's absolutely right. You either do enough (win games) to get the reward (playoffs) or you ****ing don't. This is no goddamn gray area there.

And as of today, we are still doing that, hence why this is a dumb**** thread.

Thus endeth the sermon.

Think of it this way, when I say I need a stupid ****ing opinion from a true loser that has no business reproducing, that's your Que.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:37 PM

Pretty simple.

No, we Bronco Fans always deserve the playoffs. Ian Gold when he was a Bronco didn't deserve the playoffs. I'll never forget listening to him after the 41-3 thumping at home to the Chargers and him saying, "It happens".

NagRagger
12-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Think of it this way, when I say I need a stupid ****ing opinion from a true loser that has no business reproducing, that's your Que.

Dam, B13, I thought you had him, well, all the way up to when you mispelled a 3 letter word.....

Florida_Bronco

Again with the personal attacks. Really, this is just a sad display on your part.

bpc

Pretty simple.

Except when they fail miserably at Washington and at home against Oakland.

Just like last season when they choked then.

Greatest thing about football. It's proven on the field. Either you are, or you aren't.

Denver can still win out and make it. Baltimore and Tennessee breathing hot and heavy in our rear view though. Let's keep our finger crossed.

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 10:41 PM

Interesting post, but inaccurate.

Denver's actually 4-3 against current playoff qualifiers (losses to Indy of course, Balt 5 seed, and SD, interestingly ALL these wins were Cinci, Dallas, NE and SD--all four during our 6-0 new coach scheme adv stretch)

NE is 1-3
Balt is 2-6
Indy is 4-0
SD is 4-2
Cinci is 3-3

NFC:
Philly is 0-3
Minnesota is 4-1
GB is 1-4
Dallas is 2-3
Cards are 1-1
Saints are 2-1

Every playoff team we did beat were in nail-bitingly close games, and as you mentioned, we DID beat the 2 seed... and also got blown the **** out by them at home.

bpc
12-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Again with the personal attacks. Really, this is just a sad display on your part.

Isn't that what you do? Put on your tough guy "i'm a cop" fasade and criticize everybody?

I think if anybody deserves a round of STFU, it's you.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Dam, B13, I thought you had him, well, all the way up to when you mispelled a 3 letter word.....

:spit:

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Isn't that what you do? Put on your tough guy "i'm a cop" fasade and criticize everybody?

I think if anybody deserves a round of STFU, it's you.

I criticize freely and make no apologies for it (especially when it's idiots like you who love to root against our team and kick them when they're down) but I generally try to leave the personal attacks for the trolls though. Don't know what cops have to do with it though, other than you guys not having anything else to bring to the table for smack talk.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Go with what works, in this case... Spelling smack. That's what you usually fall back on when you've got nothing.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I criticize freely and make no apologies for it, but I generally try to leave the personal attacks for the trolls though. Don't know what cops have to do with it though, other than you guys not having anything else to bring to the table for smack talk.

Maybe b/c your constantly talking about your life's dream being a $45k a year rent-a-cop???

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Go with what works, in this case... Spelling smack. That's what you usually fall back on when you've got nothing.

Hey, if you're going to call out someone else's intelligence, you might want to make sure you have your own **** together, especially when it comes to simple three letter words.

Or then again, you could cry fall over getting called on that. "Whatever works" right?

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Funny, but just in this thread for FB:

ROFLMAO

Florida Bronco is the biggest excuse maker going and his excuses is why life is kicking his ass.

I wish I could double rep for this blast!

Right on brother

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Maybe b/c your constantly talking about your life's dream being a $45k a year rent-a-cop???

Really? I've only discussed my career choice in threads that have some relevance to the matter. Also you show me a single rent a cop making 45k a year and I'll show you a job I'd happily apply for.

bpc
12-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I criticize freely and make no apologies for it (especially when it's idiots like you who love to root against our team and kick them when they're down) but I generally try to leave the personal attacks for the trolls though. Don't know what cops have to do with it though, other than you guys not having anything else to bring to the table for smack talk.

See, that's where you're an idiot. I'm a fan. A fan that pays thousands of dollars a year to enjoy my team. So yeah, if I don't like what's going on, i reserve the right to get on the internet and bitch as I see fit. I don't root for my team to lose. I root for my team to not utterly suck from the top down, like it was today, losing in really poor fashion to a team that had 3 QB's playing for the opposing rival, none of them the starter.

So basically shut your pie hole, nobody gives a crap about you, and you're annoying more than anything else. The only reason anybody knows you're a cop is because you come off "holier than though" and put your pathetic life on front street. Haven't you got it yet? Nobody gives a crap about your personal life. People just want to talk broncos football, good or bad. In this case, pathetic.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey, if you're going to call out someone else's intelligence, you might want to make sure you have your own **** together, especially when it comes to simple three letter words.

Or then again, you could cry fall over getting called on that. "Whatever works" right?

Do you even know what "three" letter word you're talking about?

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Funny, but just in this thread for FB:

ROFLMAO

Florida Bronco is the biggest excuse maker going and his excuses is why life is kicking his ass.

I wish I could double rep for this blast!

Right on brother

Oh hell, you want to play the rep game? Cool, I can do that too.

You know the very first post I made in this thread. You know, the one where I told you that you were a dumbass with a dumbass thread. I got three reps saying exactly the same thing.

"Amen"

See, that's not too hard to do. :wave:

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Really? I've only discussed my career choice in threads that have some relevance to the matter. Also you show me a single rent a cop making 45k a year and I'll show you a job I'd happily apply for.

Oops, gave you too much credit. My bad.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh hell, you want to play the rep game? Cool, I can do that too.

You know the very first post I made in this thread. You know, the one where I told you that you were a dumbass with a dumbass thread. I got three reps saying exactly the same thing.

"Amen"

See, that's not too hard to do. :wave:

Nice one, ONE... like your life, you fail...AGAIN

HAT
12-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Good points, explain today's abortion of a game.

There's nothing to explain. Denver played like **** on both sides of the ball & McD called a bad game.

This is the NFL and upsets happen EVERY WEEK.

They lost by one point to a division rival that put together a miracle drive where they converted a 4th and 10 and Denver spotted them 32 yard PI penalty.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
See, that's where you're an idiot. I'm a fan. A fan that pays thousands of dollars a year to enjoy my team. So yeah, if I don't like what's going on, i reserve the right to get on the internet and b**** as I see fit. I don't root for my team to lose. I root for my team to not utterly suck from the top down, like it was today, losing in really poor fashion to a team that had 3 QB's playing for the opposing rival, none of them the starter. Fan? Sure, I'll give you that. But you're also a ****ty fan who holds more allegiance to a loser emo quarterback and a coach who wasn't getting his job down and so now you want to prance all around these forums like some fairy whenever we lose because it makes you look right.

The sad thing about it is that you used to be a good poster, and one of my favorites, but now you're one of the worst of a bad lot. At least people like Lex and DramaLlama were never worth a **** to begin with.

I guess that's something to hang your hat on.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice one, ONE... like your life, you fail...AGAIN

Hey, you're the one who wanted to bring rep comments into it. Personally I think that's a ****'s move because reps are meant to be private, but if that's the way you want to do things I'll be happy to play along. Just don't try to fool anyone into thinking you hold the moral high ground.

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 10:59 PM

Denver's actually 4-3 against current playoff qualifiers (losses to Indy of course, Balt 5 seed, and SD, interestingly ALL these wins were Cinci, Dallas, NE and SD--all four during our 6-0 new coach scheme adv stretch)

NE is 1-3
Balt is 2-6
Indy is 4-0
SD is 4-2
Cinci is 3-3

NFC:
Philly is 0-3
Minnesota is 4-1
GB is 1-4
Dallas is 2-3
Cards are 1-1
Saints are 2-1

Every playoff team we did beat were in nail-bitingly close games, and as you mentioned, we DID beat the 2 seed... and also got blown the **** out by them at home.

I just wanted to point out this post...

Dagmar
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Fan? Sure, I'll give you that. But you're also a ****ty fan who holds more allegiance to a loser emo quarterback and a coach who wasn't getting his job down and so now you want to prance all around these forums like some fairy whenever we lose because it makes you look right.

The sad thing about it is that you used to be a good poster, and one of my favorites, but now you're one of the worst of a bad lot. At least people like Lex and DramaLlama were never worth a **** to begin with.

This guy lives on his soapbox. Doesn't go to games and claims he knows more than a guy who set records in the NFL calling O for the Pats. His billybig balls act is boring, don't let it get to you.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 11:01 PM

Not too bad given the changes we've gone through this offseason.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
So you agree with my statement, yet b**** about me making the statement. That's twice you've done this now. :kiddingme

No it's how you go out of your way to give yourself credit in the third person instead of saying what you have to say and leaving it that you always have to say I owned you or something similar. You also cherry picked my statement as I agreed with the thread maker that Denver doesn't look like a playoff team. I used the word might but you only quoted first half of sentence.

bpc
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Fan? Sure, I'll give you that. But you're also a ****ty fan who holds more allegiance to a loser emo quarterback and a coach who wasn't getting his job down and so now you want to prance all around these forums like some fairy whenever we lose because it makes you look right.

How many times have I brought Cutler into the situation today, rather just in response to others? How many have others (popps) deflected criticism from McD and Orton to slam Cutler?

Honestly, that's just sad. The Cutler ship sailed a long time ago. Why even bring it up outside of our draft selection? We shouldn't. It's not wrong to point out that the benefactors of that trade have tragically sucked ass since then. Orton has been very average and more surprisingly our 32 yearold genius headcoach, is anything but that. I've seen better offenses displayed by just about every team we've faced this year.

It's neither here nor there. I'm pissed. Deservedly so. This team stunk today and it was directly contributed to the arrogance this regime has brought in since day 1.

That is all. I'm a diehard bronco. Hope to god we can knock off the Eagles next week and finish off the chiefs and at least reach the playoffs this year. The players on this team need to get over that hump asap.

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
This guy lives on his soapbox. Doesn't go to games and claims he knows more than a guy who set records in the NFL calling O for the Pats. His billybig balls act is boring, don't let it get to you.

He's a McD supporter, fyi

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM

It doesn't. I'm a big boy, that **** don't bother me.

What is funny is he (and a couple others) just make up ****. I love how they claim that life is "kicking my ass" or **** like that. Hell, life is going pretty damn good for me if I do say so myself. The **** he's posting is so off base I don't even bother defending it, I just shake my head and laugh at it.

Oh well, just another day at the Mane. ROFL!

bpc
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM

Clearly you're an idiot, don't read or listen to anything. Go on though rusty trombone, keep talking like you know WTF you are talking about.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM

Scheme advantages in the first quarter of the season (extended for us this year as McD was new to everyone) usually end and then overall talent takes over. That is why a team like SD can overcome slow starts consistently. McD in one year turned the roster over by almost 60%. I think it's safe to say he is heading in the right direction but really does need "his" personnel to be effective. I thought that he would be a bit smarter and play the cards he had sort of speak, but it turns out he is stubborn in what he believes will win games. The good news is, he will go out and get players that will fit what he wants to do. Not sure about his draft picks yet, but I'm willing to give him a few years. For me he's earned that much, but it's going to be pretty frustrating if he doesn't start scheming to our strengths.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 11:09 PM
No it's how you go out of your way to give yourself credit in the third person instead of saying what you have to say and leaving it that you always have to say I owned you or something similar. It's a message board. That's the way things work.

You also cherry picked my statement as I agreed with the thread maker that Denver doesn't look like a playoff team. I used the word might but you only quoted first half of sentence. No, I didn't cherry pick it. Looking like a playoff team and "deserving" playoffs are completely different, which is why I just quoted the relevant part.

Broncoman13
He's a McD supporter, fyi

I think he was talking about bpc.

Dagmar
Clearly you're an idiot, don't read or listen to anything. Go on though rusty trombone, keep talking like you know WTF you are talking about.

Well, with those kind of excellent arguments, I should shame myself into the corner...

Dagmar
12-20-2009, 11:10 PM

What is funny is he (and a couple others) just make up ****. I love how they claim that life is "kicking my ass" or **** like that. Hell, life is going pretty damn good for me if I do say so myself. The **** he's posting is so off base I don't even bother defending it, I just shake my head and laugh at it.

Dude, I was talking about bpc.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Scheme advantages in the first quarter of the season (extended for us this year as McD was new to everyone) usually end and then overall talent takes over. That is why a team like SD can overcome slow starts consistently. McD in one year turned the roster over by almost 60%. I think it's safe to say he is heading in the right direction but really does need "his" personnel to be effective. I thought that he would be a bit smarter and play the cards he had sort of speak, but it turns out he is stubborn in what he believes will win games. The good news is, he will go out and get players that will fit what he wants to do. Not sure about his draft picks yet, but I'm willing to give him a few years. For me he's earned that much, but it's going to be pretty frustrating if he doesn't start scheming to our strengths.

I agree that the scheme advantages are over but would you say Raiders have better talent then? Not to mention Denver won the TO battle? The difference in this game was Oakland scored 7's instead of 3's when they put a drive together. Kicking FG's inside 20 is a losing formula.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:11 PM

Keep loving life with your $30k a year job. One day maybe you'll be able to afford a game ticket to actually watch the team you cheer for. PS, he was talking about bpc, dumbass.

HAT
12-20-2009, 11:12 PM

I prefaced my 5-1 number with...."If Denver finishes 10-6"...but your right, I forgot that Balty is in most likely and forgot to include the SD loss so 5-3 is what I should've typed.

Regardless, my point was I reject the notion that if Denver gets in that they somehow don't "deserve" to be there.

If it's INDY, SD, NE, CIN, BALT & DEN in the AFC......Denver will have played all 5 playoff qualifiers during the regular season and beaten 3 of them. That's as deserving as it gets in my book and I'd venture to guess that it happens very rarely.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
How many times have I brought Cutler into the situation today, rather just in response to others? How many have others (popps) deflected criticism from McD and Orton to slam Cutler?

Honestly, that's just sad. The Cutler ship sailed a long time ago. Why even bring it up outside of our draft selection? We shouldn't. It's not wrong to point out that the benefactors of that trade have tragically sucked ass since then. Orton has been very average and more surprisingly our 32 yearold genius headcoach, is anything but that. I've seen better offenses displayed by just about every team we've faced this year.

It's neither here nor there. I'm pissed. Deservedly so. This team stunk today and it was directly contributed to the arrogance this regime has brought in since day 1.

That is all. I'm a diehard bronco. Hope to god we can knock off the Eagles next week and finish off the chiefs and at least reach the playoffs this year. The players on this team need to get over that hump asap.

The Shanahan/Cutler scenario is what brought you to turn into a drama queen and basically post one shockingly bad take after another. I get that you're an emotional fan (nothing wrong with that) but you also could hold some perspective on things, which is what I'd expect from someone who played college ball.

It just seems that since Shanny and Jay were given the boot you've lost all ability to be rational. I'm repeating myself here, but that truly bothers me because you were always in the group of good/smart posters and we needed more of that, not less.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your fan-dom here. It just seems to me that you're having a tough time balancing out your love for the Broncos with your disdain for McD and your loyalty to Shanny and Cutler.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:17 PM
I agree that the scheme advantages are over but would you say Raiders have better talent then? Not to mention Denver won the TO battle? The difference in this game was Oakland scored 7's instead of 3's when they put a drive together. Kicking FG's inside 20 is a losing formula.

Well, yeah, I'd say they have some advantages in the talent department. Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison are probably better than our LBs. They are certainly better on the DL with Seymour and Kelly. At CB and Safety I'd probably take Asa over any of our guys. Dawkins is obviously better. At RB they have a pretty strong one-two punch with Bush and McFadden. With a healthy Buckhalter that's probably advantage us. At QB it's probably advantage Denver, but not by much. WR is advantage Denver. Our OL is better at LT and that's about it... I think you can tell by the results that their DL was more talented then our OL and that our DL was less talented than their OL.

I don't know, I'd say they have a ton of talent and their shiaty QB play and coaching ruins it. Look what they did with Gradkowski. A mediocre QB and they were beating some pretty good teams.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Dude, I was talking about bpc.

Then why did you quote my post? ???

Either way I certainly don't think I know more than McD. He was my choice to replace Shanny from day one and I'm exceedingly happy with the work he's done here, even the less popular things like moving Jay and benching Hillis.

Keep loving life with your $30k a year job. What's my job?

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I prefaced my 5-1 number with...."If Denver finishes 10-6"...but your right, I forgot that Balty is in most likely and forgot to include the SD loss so 5-3 is what I should've typed.

Regardless, my point was I reject the notion that if Denver gets in that they somehow don't "deserve" to be there.

If it's INDY, SD, NE, CIN, BALT & DEN in the AFC......Denver will have played all 5 playoff qualifiers during the regular season and beaten 3 of them. That's as deserving as it gets in my book and I'd venture to guess that it happens very rarely.

It'd be great to go 10-6 and 5-3 now... but snowball's chance in hell... we'll 98% most likely be 9-7 and 4-4 vs playoff competition and two of those games were won on a miracle tipped ball and gorgeous Marshall catch and run.

Doesn't instill much confidence.

Regardless, outperformed my expectations. Let's hope Denver hits a hot streak, and if not, let's hope they make FORWARD steps next season and avoid trading draft picks for "players" like Smith and Quinn.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:22 PM

Problem is that is only half of the equation. It's the same thing we saw with Shanahan coached teams. Fast starts, playing up to their tougher opponents and down to the weaker ones. I was on board with cutting ties with Shanahan for that very reason. His message was stale and losing to lesser opponents was maddening. Losing this game today is reminiscent of losing to the Bills last year... 'cept it sucks a lot more b/c it was the Faiders.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Then why did you quote my post? ???

Either way I certainly don't think I know more than McD. He was my choice to replace Shanny from day one and I'm exceedingly happy with the work he's done here, even the less popular things like moving Jay and benching Hillis.

What's my job?

Who the hell cares, it's your loser life... I'm done with you, you're a confused, small minded kid. Nothing wrong with that, you'll grow up one day, but for now you're annoying.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
It'd be great to go 10-6 and 5-3 now... but snowball's chance in hell... we'll 98% most likely be 9-7 and 4-4 vs playoff competition and two of those games were won on a miracle tipped ball and gorgeous Marshall catch and run.

Doesn't instill much confidence.

Regardless, outperformed my expectations. Let's hope Denver hits a hot streak, and if not, let's hope they make FORWARD steps next season and avoid trading draft picks for "players" like Smith and Quinn.

I'm with you on all of this, but I think we have about a 15% chance of winning next week. Philly is due a let down and we've played the East quite well. Plus the Eagles have to be looking ahead to the Cowboys. Finally, the Eagles run game isn't going to kill us to the tune of 250 yards.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Who the hell cares, it's your loser life...

So you're throwing **** out there about my job, yet you don't have a clue what it is I do? Nothing like knowing what you're talking about, right?

I'd quit now too, if I was you.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:37 PM
So you're throwing **** out there about my job, yet you don't have a clue what it is I do? Nothing like knowing what you're talking about, right?

I figured you were a "law enforcement officer" since that's what you've been saying you were going to be for three years now. Sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you even more. Most people that decide to be a police man do so... Hell, you can even take the short route in the game of life to be a police man... WTF is taking you so long?

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm with you on all of this, but I think we have about a 15% chance of winning next week. Philly is due a let down and we've played the East quite well.

Philly is one of the best December football teams in the league for a decade. Every year it seems they're out of the playoffs and then boom, they're in and going deep.

Also, both east coast games we've played have been embarrassing. Humiliated by Baltimore, and pimp smacked by the ****ing Redskins...

Plus the Eagles have to be looking ahead to the Cowboys. Finally, the Eagles run game isn't going to kill us to the tune of 250 yards.

Why would anyone look past an 8-6 team in a tight division race? If we were 4-10, sure, I'd buy this. And, finally, I would've said the same thing about Oakland's running game, who is averaging less ypc than Philly, and less than 5 yards per game more.

bpc
12-20-2009, 11:40 PM
The Shanahan/Cutler scenario is what brought you to turn into a drama queen and basically post one shockingly bad take after another. I get that you're an emotional fan (nothing wrong with that) but you also could hold some perspective on things, which is what I'd expect from someone who played college ball.

It just seems that since Shanny and Jay were given the boot you've lost all ability to be rational. I'm repeating myself here, but that truly bothers me because you were always in the group of good/smart posters and we needed more of that, not less.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your fan-dom here. It just seems to me that you're having a tough time balancing out your love for the Broncos with your disdain for McD and your loyalty to Shanny and Cutler.

I've never denied that I thought Shanahan should have been given another year (totally hated that he hung himself up on Slowik tho') and that Jay Cutler is a young franchise type QB. Say what we all want about him now, he was in the pro bowl just last season and he was forming a great bond with our OL, and all of our WR's.

Regardless, I thought it was a poor choice that we traded Jay but here we are. With Kyle Orton. Who is failing about as badly as he can, despite having numerous weapons around him.

I'm over the Cutler deal. Yes, I still stick up for him. Yes, I agree, he's having a disasterous year. It's just a tough deal all the way around. He needs to grow up. I think he eventually will. Time will tell though.

I haven't actively criticized McD for some time. In fact, I find myself agreeing with a lot of the principles he has. Physical offensive ISO principles, 3-4 defense which versatility to switch around to a 4-3 when needs. Hard nosed...

I even gave him a pass on the offense stinking until about mid-season. Here we are rolling 2-6 down the stretch and there is no sign of brilliance his guru status would indicate. Personally, i think it had more to do with Brady throwing the ball to Moss and Welker than it did with him. Still, I expected him to be able to do wonderful things for underrated QB's. He's failed thus far with Orton and Simms.

I don't think the criticism is unjust. I think calling Moreno and Alphonso Smith a bust is unwarranted but should we lie and turn a blind eye? I can chalk up inexperience for a few games but eventually guys have to come around.

Personally, I don't think i've said anything wrong. We should all have very real expectations. We ditched a potential HOF coach and great offense (statistically backed, PLUS it was still growing!) for McD and the wonders his mind could bring us. Really, what we got was a tremendous coaching job by Mike Nolan and very little results on offense.

That's all fact. Sorry if that bothers people, but i'm not going to spray some cologne on **** like popps and act like it doesn't stink, and/or deflect to other subjects.

We just lost to the Raiders 2nd and 3rd string QB led teams. That's about as pathetic as it gets.

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Philly is one of the best December football teams in the league for a decade. Every year it seems they're out of the playoffs and then boom, they're in and going deep.

Also, both east coast games we've played have been embarrassing. Humiliated by Baltimore, and pimp smacked by the ****ing Redskins...

Why would anyone look past an 8-6 team in a tight division race? If we were 4-10, sure, I'd buy this. And, finally, I would've said the same thing about Oakland's running game, who is averaging less ypc than Philly, and less than 5 yards per game more.

Way to crush my hope... plus PhillyBroncoNut is going to the game... F***

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Way to crush my hope... plus PhillyBroncoNut is going to the game... ****

We have 3 corners a couple weeks away from collecting social security and with McBath down, I don't see any real opportunity of containing Desean Jackson.

The Eagles pressure schemes will probably make our line look sillier than it did today, and their corners will LOVE and take advantage of jumping routes.

BUT It can happen.

Dawkins head will probably explode in his pre-game speech.

This is THE week for reverses and screens and a heavy dose of the Marshall plan.

Spider
12-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah this team doesnt deserve playoffs , but dayum better team then last years team , most had us winning 4 games , all we heard was dont trade a franchise QB ........ Well **** em , we did and we had a pretty good year to boot .............
:D we always have next year ......

Florida_Bronco
12-21-2009, 12:01 AM
I figured you were a "law enforcement officer" since that's what you've been saying you were going to be for three years now. I thought I was a "rent-a-cop"?

Just be honest. You didn't have a damn clue what I did and wanted to take a cheap shot at me. That had to be the case because I've never talked about my current job on this forum despite your claims I put my personal life out there.

Sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you even more. You didn't.

Most people that decide to be a police man do so... Hell, you can even take the short route in the game of life to be a police man... WTF is taking you so long? Well normally I wouldn't even bother with this but hell, if you want to ask an honest question I'll give you an honest answer.

The reason I'm not a cop yet is simply because the opportunity has not been there lately. Florida has been hit pretty hard by the economy over the last couple years, plus it's already the second toughest state to become employed in that field. Take into consideration that I'd have to pay for my own training and certification and it's just not a smart move.

I was in the hiring process with the local Sheriff's Department back in 2008, but that came to an end because of budget cuts and almost 100 sworn deputies lost their jobs shortly after that.

It's pretty tough down here right now. Lots of cops lost jobs the last couple years and the few departments that are hiring right now are pretty competitive with so many former law enforcement and military personnel available to fill those spots. A close friend of mine got his certification in late 2007 and he's in panic mode right now because he still hasn't found work and those certifications are only good for a few years before you have to go through the academy again.

So long story short, rather than take the risk and put up with the bull**** here in Florida when I really don't like the state to begin with, I'm applying at the police department back in my hometown since all my training will be paid for and the benefits are better. Guess we'll go from there.

Oh and just for the record, I'm only 23 so I've only been eligible to be a police officer for two years now, and the average age of a rookie is 25 or 26, depending on the department. It's not like I'm behind the curve or anything.

Broncoman13
12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I thought I was a "rent-a-cop"?

Just be honest. You didn't have a damn clue what I did and wanted to take a cheap shot at me. That had to be the case because I've never talked about my current job on this forum despite your claims I put my personal life out there.

You didn't.

Well normally I wouldn't even bother with this but hell, if you want to ask an honest question I'll give you an honest answer.

The reason I'm not a cop yet is simply because the opportunity has not been there lately. Florida has been hit pretty hard by the economy over the last couple years, plus it's already the second toughest state to become employed in that field. Take into consideration that I'd have to pay for my own training and certification and it's just not a smart move.

I was in the hiring process with the local Sheriff's Department back in 2008, but that came to an end because of budget cuts and almost 100 sworn deputies lost their jobs shortly after that.

It's pretty tough down here right now. Lots of cops lost jobs the last couple years and the few departments that are hiring right now are pretty competitive with so many former law enforcement and military personnel available to fill those spots. A close friend of mine got his certification in late 2007 and he's in panic mode right now because he still hasn't found work and those certifications are only good for a few years before you have to go through the academy again.

So long story short, rather than take the risk and put up with the bull**** here in Florida when I really don't like the state to begin with, I'm applying at the police department back in my hometown since all my training will be paid for and the benefits are better. Guess we'll go from there.

Oh and just for the record, I'm only 23 so I've only been eligible to be a police officer for two years now, and the average age of a rookie is 25 or 26, depending on the department. It's not like I'm behind the curve or anything.

That should be on the table for you... Go Air Force, do your four years (or more if you choose) and then go from there. It would be the best decision you've ever made. They are pretty much holding positions in the government for former military these days. Plus you get a chance to get out on your own (I am refraining from dawging you at this point b/c I am being serious and sincere).

Florida_Bronco
12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I've never denied that I thought Shanahan should have been given another year (totally hated that he hung himself up on Slowik tho') and that Jay Cutler is a young franchise type QB. Say what we all want about him now, he was in the pro bowl just last season and he was forming a great bond with our OL, and all of our WR's.

Regardless, I thought it was a poor choice that we traded Jay but here we are. With Kyle Orton. Who is failing about as badly as he can, despite having numerous weapons around him.

I'm over the Cutler deal. Yes, I still stick up for him. Yes, I agree, he's having a disasterous year. It's just a tough deal all the way around. He needs to grow up. I think he eventually will. Time will tell though.

I haven't actively criticized McD for some time. In fact, I find myself agreeing with a lot of the principles he has. Physical offensive ISO principles, 3-4 defense which versatility to switch around to a 4-3 when needs. Hard nosed...

I even gave him a pass on the offense stinking until about mid-season. Here we are rolling 2-6 down the stretch and there is no sign of brilliance his guru status would indicate. Personally, i think it had more to do with Brady throwing the ball to Moss and Welker than it did with him. Still, I expected him to be able to do wonderful things for underrated QB's. He's failed thus far with Orton and Simms.

I don't think the criticism is unjust. I think calling Moreno and Alphonso Smith a bust is unwarranted but should we lie and turn a blind eye? I can chalk up inexperience for a few games but eventually guys have to come around.

Personally, I don't think i've said anything wrong. We should all have very real expectations. We ditched a potential HOF coach and great offense (statistically backed, PLUS it was still growing!) for McD and the wonders his mind could bring us. Really, what we got was a tremendous coaching job by Mike Nolan and very little results on offense.

That's all fact. Sorry if that bothers people, but i'm not going to spray some cologne on **** like popps and act like it doesn't stink, and/or deflect to other subjects.

We just lost to the Raiders 2nd and 3rd string QB led teams. That's about as pathetic as it gets.

I don't see how you can honestly claim that Orton is "failing about as badly as he can". Stuff like that is exactly what I'm talking.

No one is asking you to be a homer, just to not go off and be a debbie downer. You've played college football at a major school. You know how this stuff works.

For what it's worth I'm sorry if it seems like I've been attacking you. I truly do think you're one of the best posters here and to see you go all doom and gloom when we already have too much of that just drives me up the damn well.

We've lost too many good posters man. We don't need to lose you too.

Florida_Bronco
12-21-2009, 12:09 AM
That should be on the table for you... Go Air Force, do your four years (or more if you choose) and then go from there. It would be the best decision you've ever made. They are pretty much holding positions in the government for former military these days. Plus you get a chance to get out on your own (I am refraining from dawging you at this point b/c I am being serious and sincere).

Hey if you want to be serious and sincere that's fine with me. I prefer it that way, as I don't come here looking for fights, although this loss has all of us on edge a bit.

Anyways I have thought about doing the Air Force thing, especially since their is a base right outside my hometown. It's certainly an option that's on the table for me right now.

broncocalijohn
12-21-2009, 12:12 AM

i think he comes from the broncofan7 school of belittling. BTW, 13 changed his name from what?

TheReverend
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
i think he comes from the broncofan7 school of belittling. BTW, 13 changed his name from what?

TheReverend.

We swapped names.

KevinJames
12-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah this team doesnt deserve playoffs , but dayum better team then last years team , most had us winning 4 games , all we heard was dont trade a franchise QB ........ Well **** em , we did and we had a pretty good year to boot .............
:D we always have next year ......

this is what everyone should be saying not a bad first year for McDaniels considering what he had to work with.

broncocalijohn
12-21-2009, 12:17 AM
TheReverend.

We swapped names.

where in the hell is your damn lobster humping avatar. You gave us days of you and more of you. Now you need to preform the avatar!

TheReverend
12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
where in the hell is your damn lobster humping avatar. You gave us days of you and more of you. Now you need to preform the avatar!

When he deserves it again. Plus, I gave you three minutes of me. Everyone else made it days.

Broncoman13
12-21-2009, 07:19 AM

Hey, wannabe season ticket holder that sells his tickets to the highest bidder, I've been Broncoman13 since the EZ Board days when I was taking on bets with Seahawk Fan (Iceman) on whether TD would end up with more total yards on the year than Ricky Watters. BM13 outlives every person currently active on this board save for about three posters.

Cito Pelon
12-21-2009, 09:19 AM

Well, to say "the Broncos don't deserve the playoffs" is a little excessive, but I completely understand your rage. That was a pretty good post.

Broncoman13
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, to say "the Broncos don't deserve the playoffs" is a little excessive, but I completely understand your rage. That was a pretty good post.

The main point is this... If you can't beat the Oakland Raiders in your house with a great opportunity to lock up the playoffs, you probably don't deserve that playoff spot. It's kind of like what happened last year with the Buffalo Bills.

Several have discussed the fact that we've beat a lot of the Playoff teams. That is certainly part of the equation and the part that generally separates the good teams from the average ones. Its losing games to mediocre (or worse) teams that infuriates me. The Redskins and Raiders losses may very well prevent us from making the playoffs and for sure have prevented us from contending for the division.

colonelbeef
12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Anybody who gets into the playoffs deserves to be there, even if they are sputtering like the Broncos are right now. As much as you might think this is a disaster, there are disasters going on all over the league right now.

go_broncos
12-21-2009, 09:43 AM
There is no need to worry..We will not be playoff's

Broncoman13
12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Anybody who gets into the playoffs deserves to be there, even if they are sputtering like the Broncos are right now. As much as you might think this is a disaster, there are disasters going on all over the league right now.

No doubt. The way the Jets lost their game as well as the Jags is pretty much the same thing. And I say neither of those teams deserve to make the playoffs based on their play.

DontBeMessin
12-21-2009, 09:53 AM

I agree.... You guys sucked it up and DO NOT DESERVE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

That's why you're NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS - thanks to a third string QB!!!!

Cito Pelon
12-21-2009, 10:01 AM
The main point is this... If you can't beat the Oakland Raiders in your house with a great opportunity to lock up the playoffs, you probably don't deserve that playoff spot. It's kind of like what happened last year with the Buffalo Bills.

Several have discussed the fact that we've beat a lot of the Playoff teams. That is certainly part of the equation and the part that generally separates the good teams from the average ones. Its losing games to mediocre (or worse) teams that infuriates me. The Redskins and Raiders losses may very well prevent us from making the playoffs and for sure have prevented us from contending for the division.

The inconsistency is frustrating. As I said many a time during Shanny's part of this decade, I gotta just laugh this one off and hope for the best next week. I don't know what else to say.

Rev had a good thread there pointing out that Denver is still in control of their playoff chances, so I'm still hopeful.

Rohirrim
12-21-2009, 10:03 AM

I'm guessing that Jamarcus goes into Greasy Al's office this morning and asks for a raise. ;D

Tombstone RJ
12-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Really, you have no room to talk. The best thing you can hope for is your owner doesn't screw up your next high draft pick. Good luck with that... not.

Gort
12-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, to say the Broncos don't deserve the playoffs is a little excessive, but I completely understand your rage. That was a pretty good post.

the last 8 games... explains the original poster's anger

@ BAL = loss
PIT = loss
@ WAS = loss
SD = loss
NYG = win
@ KC = win
@ INDY = loss
OAK = loss

losing 6 of 8 is not exactly making a statement that you deserve to be in the playoffs.

Cito Pelon
12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
the last 8 games... explains the original poster's anger

@ BAL = loss
PIT = loss
@ WAS = loss
SD = loss
NYG = win
@ KC = win
@ INDY = loss
OAK = loss

losing 6 of 8 is not exactly making a statement that you deserve to be in the playoffs.

I've said many times to relax and see how it plays out.

Ambiguous
12-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I've said many times to relax and see how it plays out.

I think I know how this is going to play out. It's all too familiar, but it gets easier every year.