PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between this years team and last?

Charleston Cav
12-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I mean, we're fading down the stretch as the same problems occur. O-line cannot run block for **** and now cant pass block. I blame the O line problems on changing the zone blocking scheme. No Hillis is just a travesty. D-line cannot stop the run same as last year. Same as it ever was. Shanny no December game, McD no December game. sigh

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
The offense sucks and we cannot convert 3rd and 1. The faid down the stretch was worse this year.

enjolras
12-20-2009, 04:49 PM
The protection schemes are clearly inferior to what Shannahan ran. There is simply no question.

McDaniels wants to block straight up with real liabilities in the middle. Even Kuper has looked awful. Right now we have an all-pro left tackle, an injury prone star right tackle... a solid building block in Kuper and two HUGE liabilities at center/left-guard. Shanny figured out how to cover that up.

At least when it comes t this, McDaniels isn't even in his league.

lostknight
12-20-2009, 04:51 PM
The difference is that we are paying Mike Shannahan 7 million not to coach, and McDaniel's four mil to coach... and neither of them are doing squat.

TheReverend
12-20-2009, 05:00 PM
The protection schemes are clearly inferior to what Shannahan ran. There is simply no question.

McDaniels wants to block straight up with real liabilities in the middle. Even Kuper has looked awful. Right now we have an all-pro left tackle, an injury prone star right tackle... a solid building block in Kuper and two HUGE liabilities at center/left-guard. Shanny figured out how to cover that up.

He's been far from all-pro the past 6 weeks.

colonelbeef
12-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Orton cannot avoid the rush, cannot hit people in stride, and has an ultra slow release, all of which has hampered the playcalling, killed the running game, and rendered sheffler and royal ineffective, period.

Biggest difference is the QB and his lack of playmaking ability.

Bronco Bob
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
New Coach + New QB + New RB + New Year = Same old Broncos

oubronco
12-20-2009, 05:32 PM
What I feered most is coming true, when we play a team for the second time they have worked us over. McD was winning with gimmick plays and playcalling earlier but since teams have gotten tape on them he isn't doing so well, of course it doesn't help when the o-line can't block for shyt but McD hasn't changed his gameplans to much and it shows teams know whats coming.. period

Archer81
12-20-2009, 05:45 PM
The offense sucks and we cannot convert 3rd and 1. The faid down the stretch was worse this year.

How?

Denver was going to win no more than 5 games this season, according to "experts".

Last year we had a 3 game division lead and choked it away. No matter what happens this year, nothing tops last season.

:Broncos:

ColoradoDarin
12-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Last year? How about the last 4 years.

Popps
12-20-2009, 05:48 PM
I'd argue that for one, we played the Colts very tough last week... and we couldn't have done that in week 13 last year. No way.

Today's loss hurt, but like Washington, the Raiders aren't push-overs and teams like Philly, Pitt and Cinci found that out the hard way, just like us.

The other difference is that we're simply in a rebuilding phase. We don't have all of our pieces in place. We made massive strides on defense, and the offense is a work in progress.

Glass is half-full, to me.

But, people can jump off of bridges if it's what they feel is best.

frerottenextelway
12-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Has any team started 6-0 and missed the playoffs before? Not the kinds of records you want to be setting in back to back years.

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 05:56 PM

What was McD brought here for ? I think he forgot to look and see what our team can do . If you just got to win a game should you not do what you team is built for . I get that he wants us to win with power but my god those one yard runs were killing us then the fake blitzes sucked

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
if we just sack fat ass one more time game the game is probably over . our if we had a power RB that can gain one first down

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
How?

Denver was going to win no more than 5 games this season, according to "experts".

Last year we had a 3 game division lead and choked it away. No matter what happens this year, nothing tops last season.

:Broncos:

We had a 3 and 1/2 game lead this year. We were 8-5 last year with a 3 game division lead. only difference is that SD passed us up quicker this year and clinched the division with 2 weeks to go.

This year is worse because the changes to prevent faiding down the stretch.

Apparently pads in TC don't help with late season fades.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
how?

:broncos:

+1

Rohirrim
12-20-2009, 06:10 PM

He did better against the Raiders at home than Shanahan did last year. Why would the protection schemes be any different? Dennison is still lining them up.

bronco militia
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
better defense, ****tier offense

oubronco
12-20-2009, 06:20 PM
better defense, ****tier offense

exactly

WolfpackGuy
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Difference is:

This team will lose 4 in a row to close out the season.

baja
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Offensive line was good last year.

Rohirrim
12-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Offensive line was good last year.

Tom Nalen retired. Remember that string of losses a couple of years ago when Nalen got injured? Weigman ain't no Nalen. Nalen is HOF material. This team sorely misses him.

HAT
12-20-2009, 06:26 PM
This years team is going to the playoffs.

BlaK-Argentina
I'd argue that for one, we played the Colts very tough last week... and we couldn't have done that in week 13 last year. No way.

Today's loss hurt, but like Washington, the Raiders aren't push-overs and teams like Philly, Pitt and Cinci found that out the hard way, just like us.

The other difference is that we're simply in a rebuilding phase. We don't have all of our pieces in place. We made massive strides on defense, and the offense is a work in progress.

Glass is half-full, to me.

But, people can jump off of bridges if it's what they feel is best.

I'm with you but tonight just sucked. I'm still proud of the team because so far this year I've never seen them quit give up at any time even when they were outmatched... but hell... after starting 6-0 this feels awful.

Rigs11
Orton cannot avoid the rush, cannot hit people in stride, and has an ultra slow release, all of which has hampered the playcalling, killed the running game, and rendered sheffler and royal ineffective, period.

Biggest difference is the QB and his lack of playmaking ability.

Really? Did you see the throw to stokley?A slow release? Go back and watch the freaking game.

Taco John
Last year's team had the injury excuse. This year's team is melting down with all starters.

BlaK-Argentina
12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
This years team is going to the playoffs.

Don't post stuff like that after a loss. You'll get yourself killed!

Taco John
12-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I hope HAT is right, but losing to the Raiders at home is a jagged pill to swallow.

oubronco
12-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope HAT is right, but losing to the Raiders at home is a jagged pill to swallow.

especially with Philly up next when they are playing very well

Rohirrim
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM

We did better against them at home than we did last year. ;D

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 07:03 PM

We just need to get the ball to Clady more than once a game.

Crushaholic
12-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Has any team started 6-0 and missed the playoffs before? Not the kinds of records you want to be setting in back to back years.

I don't remember, but it did happen recently. I want to say Vikings in 2003, but I'm not sure that's accurate. It's somewhere around that time period...

missingnumber7
12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Last year's team had the injury excuse. This year's team is melting down with all starters.

This team doesn't have the killer instinct...I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. We scored 19 points against the Raiders at home. 19 Fin points. When you are in the redzone...you MUST get 6. We go 3 and out in the 4th Q and our starting QB walks off the field and shrugs his shoulders.

We've been way to busy worrying about tie brakers and how we can still win the west, when all that we need to focus is taking care of our own business. I'm happy that the Chuggers won the west. It guarenteed we don't get another week off until right before the super bowl. But this team needs to get that killer instinct. When they have an opportunity to put a team down by 2 possessions we need to do it. Otherwise we will end up like last seasons team. We still control our own destiny for the playoffs...win and we are in...that still hasn't changed. I could care less 5 or 6 it don't matter to me. We can make that run through the playoffs if we need to. Just show up to play, play hard, have that killer instinct.