PDA

View Full Version : Please take the Boot-right-LT-pass out of the playbook

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Or at least don't run it in or near the redzone.

This is what our new genius HC came up with this week? An illegal pass to the biggest and slowest guy on the O?

WTF!?!!<&@^(*^#(*^#)(&!!!!!!

BroncoDoug
12-20-2009, 05:48 PM
we should run it every play, they will never expect it

SonOfLe-loLang
12-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I was watching at a bar and didnt hear any of the commentary, but what was the penalty on this ridiculously retarded play?

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I was watching at a bar and didnt hear any of the commentary, but what was the penalty on this ridiculously retarded play?

Marshall covered Clady up at the line, it would have been legal, though just as successful, if Marshall was in the backfield and Clady declared eligible.

frerottenextelway
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
One very strange play. Not sure WTF it it was.

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
One very strange play. Not sure WTF it it was.

I wonder if this is the 1st play McDaniels ever drew up and he thought one day I am going to bust this baby out after I get my own HC gig. "This ****er is going to turn the NFL on it's ear like that wildcat ****!"

You know kinda like when you break out your 1st song in the middle of a set when you know better but your so proud of having written your 1st song you figure there has to be someone out there that understands what finishing your 1st song is like even if it is weak and needs a lot of work but your too arrogant and buzzed to know that people only want to hear good songs that work in a set, or inside the redzone.

bpc
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Just another feather in the cap of the McD. Brilliance incarnate, calling plays on offense.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I can't wait to see a flea flicker into a double reverse.

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
I just had a great idea for a new play for Josh to try out next week if we get in or near the redzone.

Line up like a standard 2 TE power rush set. at the snap Kuper pulls like a normal power play, Orton fakes to HB, the HB takes over Kupers assignment, instead of completing the pull Kuper snakes behind the QB who pitches the ball to him then goes out into the flat to catch the pass from Kuper. Here is the rub, after Orton catches Kuper's pass he waits for Kuper to catch up and when he is a few yards behind him Orton latteral's the ball back to Kuper who steamrolls into the endzone. Instant 6.

Works best on 3rd and 1 when everyone thinks a QB sneak is coming.

kupesdad
12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
I just had a great idea for a new play for Josh to try out next week if we get in or near the redzone.

Line up like a standard 2 TE power rush set. at the snap Kuper pulls like a normal power play, Orton fakes to HB, the HB takes over Kupers assignment, instead of completing the pull Kuper snakes behind the QB who pitches the ball to him then goes out into the flat to catch the pass from Kuper. Here is the rub, after Orton catches Kuper's pass he waits for Kuper to catch up and when he is a few yards behind him Orton latteral's the ball back to Kuper who steamrolls into the endzone. Instant 6.

Works best on 3rd and 1 when everyone thinks a QB sneak is coming.

I like it.... Actually Chris was my qb until 10th grade and he can throw a rope up to about 35 yards. Seriously, I think the Clady play is just too risky especially after watching him take that shot to the knees.

elsid13
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I like it.... Actually Chris was my qb until 10th grade and he can throw a rope up to about 35 yards. Seriously, I think the Clady play is just too risky especially after watching him take that shot to the knees.

Which is about 15 yard further then Orton. ;D

WolfpackGuy
12-21-2009, 10:49 AM
People are clamoring to pick up Clady in fantasy