PDA

View Full Version : Your 2-6 Josh McDaniels Broncos

enjolras
12-20-2009, 04:25 PM
That's the reality. This team is 2-6 in their last 8. THey suck. Josh McDaniels is a terrible coach. He has no business running a NFL football team. They can't score. They can't block. They can't force turnovers, particularly when they need them. They don't play hard.

This team sucks
Sucks
sucks
sucks
suckls

Bob's your Information Minister
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/9fmoef.jpg

enjolras
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
As I write this they call and over the middle pass play to Marshall with no timeouts.

What type of idiot makes that call?

Oh ya, a smug little SOB who has lost 6 of his last 8.

UberBroncoMan
12-20-2009, 04:28 PM
This team has been absolutly pathetic lately.

We have no business in the playoffs... and with this loss that won't be an issue anymore.

OABB
12-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I thout we were 8-6.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 04:36 PM
horrible playcalling..we need to have Hillis in Short yardage situations.

Aftermath
12-20-2009, 04:37 PM
i love how moreno gets off to a good start and then you dont see his name called ever again

strafen
12-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I thout we were 8-6.Yup.
I've been hearing but we are 6-0, oh but we're 6-2 oh but we're 8-4, oh but we're 8-5, and now we're 8-6.
Next week, we're 8-7?
Does that make you feel better?

oubronco
12-20-2009, 04:40 PM

We have no business in the playoffs... and with this loss that won't be an issue anymore.

I don't think we can beat Philly so I doubt we make the playoffs but they exceeded my expectations

SportinOne
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but Cutler would have thrown a red zone pick.

broncswin
12-20-2009, 04:44 PM
i love how moreno gets off to a good start and then you dont see his name called ever again

Actually I saw him quite a bit after his great start, his runs for averaging around .5 yards a carry....the oline got their a$$ handed to them, as well as the Dline

fontaine
12-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Actually I saw him quite a bit after his great start, his runs for averaging around .5 yards a carry....the oline got their a$$ handed to them, as well as the Dline

The DL did just fine, they were constantly getting pressure and stopping the run apart from two drives.

NYBronco
12-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I thout we were 8-6.

That's what I was thinking... Is there a new rule that took away some wins?

Dagmar
12-20-2009, 05:03 PM
So the first 6 games didn't count?

orinjkrush
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
i thought we'd be 6-10 this year.
looks like 9-7 or so now.
i'm pleased we did better than i thought with a new coach, system, qb, defense etc.
i'm disappointed the magic of the first half of the year didn't continue, but that was hoping for too much I'm afraid.

oubronco
12-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I was hoping for improvement each week and we have gotten worse

ColoradoDarin
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM
it's a step up from your 0-3 Broncos of last year?

oubronco
12-20-2009, 05:23 PM
it's a step up from your 0-3 Broncos of last year?

just wait it ain't over yet

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Forget abt the wins for a minute..Did you see any improvement in our team or playcalling???

I don't see it..we are worse as a team than last year

~Crash~
12-20-2009, 05:29 PM

You are blaming the team ? we have what we have for players .Play them to the best of there ability's ? I blame a coach that is trying to play power football with a zone blocking O line.

Before Harris went down we was running with power better .

rastaman
12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
As I write this they call and over the middle pass play to Marshall with no timeouts.

What type of idiot makes that call?

Oh ya, a smug little SOB who has lost 6 of his last 8.

McD has shown he isn't ready for prime time as a 34 year old HC. Bowlen really screwed up bringing such a young HC with so much to learn with how to call plays on game day and how to handle player personnel issues.

Slade
12-20-2009, 05:31 PM
A better way to look at it is after the NE game (McD's Super Bowl), we are 3-6. He called a great game, even breaking out the Wild Horses...since then he has done absolutly nothing. He doesn't care anymore. He is content.

bpc
12-20-2009, 06:09 PM
A better way to look at it is after the NE game (McD's Super Bowl), we are 3-6. He called a great game, even breaking out the Wild Horses...since then he has done absolutly nothing. He doesn't care anymore. He is content.

McD is content bragging to CBS announcers that he was right all along about the Jay Cutler trade.... the end.

While Cutler has had a terrible year, both teams are going to miss the playoffs in their current state and Kyle Orton has proven everybody to what he is as an NFL QB. A gritty QB who lacks any real skills to lead an NFL team to the promise land.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 06:11 PM
McD is content bragging to CBS announcers that he was right all along about the Jay Cutler trade.... the end.

While Cutler has had a terrible year, both teams are going to miss the playoffs in their current state and Kyle Orton has proven everybody to what he is as an NFL QB. A gritty QB who lacks any real skills to lead an NFL team to the promise land.

What made you think Cutler is better than Orton..

In the end, no one won the trade..

orangemonkey
12-20-2009, 06:19 PM

that is his youth talking but I'm pretty sure he wishes he had Cutler or someone else (read cassle) back here to help him execute his gameplan. He's lucky Nolan worked out and he had world class offensive weaponry to toggle the victories he did. But he deserves all the credit in the World for making Nolan happen. To say that Orton is a winner in Denver is ludicrous. Research the bulk of what Chicago football fans had to say about Orton the past 2.5 years, and you'll find the same **** Denver is saying now. Above average brain, no mobility, below average arm and beneficiary of a top tier defense led to above average record. If you can't can't outscore a below average offensive outing from the Raiders today, you can't beat anyone meaningful in the NFL. That is the biggest difference between last years team v this years. Last years team could have beat any team on any given Sunday because of Cutler, not despite him. Unfortunately we had a world class ****ty defense.

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I was hoping for improvement each week and we have gotten worse

I was hoping for a team that got better as the season progressed, not a team that snuck up on some good teams early, stealing a few early wins and then resting on it's laurels after the bye.

The O cannot pick up short yardage and dispite winning the turnover battle we can't win.

Throw in the fact that they are trying to work our best OLineman into the passing game, I am left scratching my head on that one.

go_broncos
12-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Josh Mcd is an stubborn coach that didn't win anything as a coach.
He is pissing me by not starting Hillis in short yardage situations.

bpc
12-20-2009, 06:55 PM
What made you think Cutler is better than Orton..

In the end, no one won the trade..

Well from a totally arbitrary stat, with the same personnel, Jay Cutler made the pro bowl.

Alas, pro bowls don't amount to much when you're trying to win hardware. I will say, the defense is better and Orton is the anchor on this team. Under Cutler, the defense was the 32nd anchor in the league.

orangemonkey
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM

It's our QB.

1. He has erratic pocket presense.
-unless he has a hot receiver (read marshall) he can't be successful
-all of his passes are short passes
-if he didn't have have Brandon he'd be DOA
-terrible mechanics
-horrendous foot work. (Peyton has happy feet ((and he is not mobile)) but he is always looking downfield which is similar to Cutler)
-he rarely extends the play because of the above stuff

Bronco Bob
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Well from a totally arbitrary stat, with the same personnel, Jay Cutler made the pro bowl.

You make it sound like Cutler was the top pick for the Pro-Bowl.
The only reason Cutler made it in was because several players
ahead of him were either injured or didn't want to go. Plus
the fact that Pro-Bowl balloting starts in the middle of the season.
By the end of the season Rivers was playing QB much better,
for example.

bpc
12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
You don't have to persuade me. I think Jay Cutler was a very good young QB in Denver. Ripping him from Shanahan was potentially the worst thing for his career and here we are. He still has a lot of talent but when you have subpar coaching, a poor offensive line, zero starting caliber WR's and the weight of franchise on your shoulders, this is what happens.

tsiguy96
12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
so does mcdaniels still get credit for the 6-0 start, where his schemes hid the weaknesses of the players that were admittedly overachieving?

bpc
12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
You make it sound like Cutler was the top pick for the Pro-Bowl.
The only reason Cutler made it in was because several players
ahead of him were either injured or didn't want to go. Plus
the fact that Pro-Bowl balloting starts in the middle of the season.
By the end of the season Rivers was playing QB much better,
for example.

So who actually made it to the pro bowl? Cutler or Rivers?

Does it matter, in the end you're talking about who is better and it was pretty close. For the record, Rivers MAY be better, but he's always had better teams around him.

orangemonkey
12-20-2009, 07:07 PM
I was hoping for a team that got better as the season progressed, not a team that snuck up on some good teams early, stealing a few early wins and then resting on it's laurels after the bye.

The O cannot pick up short yardage and dispite winning the turnover battle we can't win.

Throw in the fact that they are trying to work our best OLineman into the passing game, I am left scratching my head on that one.

of course he does, but good, established coaches get better as the season progresses. Good coaches position their team to peak barring injuries which we were plagued by last year - not this year. McD has regressed because he is pretty green and he's pretty damn arrogant.

Sir Mawn
12-20-2009, 07:23 PM
so does mcdaniels still get credit for the 6-0 start, where his schemes hid the weaknesses of the players that were admittedly overachieving?

McDaniels gets credit for hiring Nolan that, in turn hid the weaknesses of a recently assembled defense and carried the team to a 6-0 start. The offense has been horrid throughout.

Archer81
12-20-2009, 08:02 PM
of course he does, but good, established coaches get better as the season progresses. Good coaches position their team to peak barring injuries which we were plagued by last year - not this year. McD has regressed because he is pretty green and he's pretty damn arrogant.

I call bull****. Every headcoach is arrogant. If you are a humble guy, you dont coach very long.

:Broncos:

broncosteven
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I call bull****. Every headcoach is arrogant. If you are a humble guy, you dont coach very long.

If you keep throwing to your LT your not going to coach very long.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2009, 08:57 PM
The DL did just fine, they were constantly getting pressure and stopping the run apart from two drives.

Fine as in help give up 241 yards and a 7 yard average, "fine"? Or fine on passing situations? DL has two jobs and that is to stop the run and put pressure on the QB on passing situations.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM
So who actually made it to the pro bowl? Cutler or Rivers?

Does it matter, in the end you're talking about who is better and it was pretty close. For the record, Rivers MAY be better, but he's always had better teams around him.

come on. Rivers didnt make it because no one likes him. He is better than Cutler by a mile. He wins. He knows how to drive a team down for either a td or set up for a victory with a field goal. I saw it today. He has done it his whole career. Seems everyone hated his personality when they needed to see the true test and that was wins. Those same people gave Cutler the pass when he was the same in attitude without the wins. Big difference.

Archer81
12-20-2009, 11:54 PM

Yeah I did not get that either. A LT? really?...I said at the time tricky **** like that tends to lose more games then it wins...

bpc
12-21-2009, 12:01 AM
come on. Rivers didnt make it because no one likes him. He is better than Cutler by a mile. He wins. He knows how to drive a team down for either a td or set up for a victory with a field goal. I saw it today. He has done it his whole career. Seems everyone hated his personality when they needed to see the true test and that was wins. Those same people gave Cutler the pass when he was the same in attitude without the wins. Big difference.

Rivers is a fine QB. When has Jay ever played with the talent he's had though? LT has been the best HB in the league alongside him. They also had Michael Turner and Darren Sproles. Antonio Gates has been the best TE in the league within that time as well. They've always had good enough WR's. The OL has had a bunch of pro bowlers on it. The defense has been star studded.

Can you say the same for Cutler on any of those fronts? Maybe he had a great WR? HB, TE? OL before Clady was drafted, just last year? Defense?

Cutler's always had to hoist his franchises up and they live and die off him. Chicago's weight is apparently too much in leu of any sort of quality offensive scheme.

cabronco
12-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by broncosteven

I bet Mr. Bowlen was giving himself a facepalm after that call. And saving a backhand upside McD's grill.

Be nice if he gave him an altimatum.

Archer81
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by broncosteven

I bet Mr. Bowlen was giving himself a facepalm after that call. And saving a backhand upside McD's grill.

Be nice if he gave him an altimatum.

Ultimatum.

14 games into his first season?

Ramathorn
12-21-2009, 02:27 AM
At least we have a guaranteed top 10 pick! Unless, mcdaniels trades it for new englands backup long snapper!

rastaman
12-21-2009, 05:16 AM

I believe Nolan's Defense had much more to do with us going 6-0 than McD. It was Nolan's D that kept the games close enough to win during that time frame.

rastaman
12-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Ultimatum.

14 games into his first season?

We haven't even begun to talk about McD's sophmore jinx next season. Next year could be a repeat of 9-7 or 8-8 seasons. McD had better find a way to Drasticly UPGRADE from Orton in 2010 or 2011 b/c btwn Orton's limited ability and his horrible play calling will have fans thinking buyers remorse and wishing SHANAHAN was back in Denver!!

Philly will beat us next week! And should McD and Orton allow KC to beat us on the final game of the season.....their are going to be some pissed off folks around here and some apologist back peddling with egg on their face.