PDA

View Full Version : Would you be ok with draft picks for Marshall?

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 11:23 AM
NFL count down was talking about FA WRs and they brought up Marshall. They said San Fran has two first round picks and would give up a first round pick for Marshall. I think most teams would give up picks for a WR that should have three straight 100 catch seasons given the fact that only Welker, Rice, Moss, and Moore have reached this level in the history of the NFL. So given the risk of draft picks would you be ok with letting a top ten WR go?

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:28 AM
NFL count down was talking about FA WRs and they brought up Marshall. They said San Fran has two first round picks and would give up a first round pick for Marshall. I think most teams would give up picks for a WR that should have three straight 100 catch seasons given the fact that only Welker, Rice, Moss, and Moore have reached this level in the history of the NFL. So given the risk of draft picks would you be ok with letting a top ten WR go?

Top ten? lol...top three more like! Marshall can be one of the most dominant O players in the game if we have a QB with an arm that can utilize his deep ball threat and get him the ball on a line in the redzone.
Marshall is a matchup nightmare and has the talent to be a "BEAST" for the next ten years! Wehen we get a QB we will need him!
By the way..notice the guy doesn't drop balls like last year? Told ya that the prob last year was the nerve damage and muscle atrophy from the forearm injury!

PS. HELL NO! LOL!

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 11:29 AM
For SanFran's #1 and #3 I'd have to think about it. They'll probably pick right around #12 or 13. That *should* give us a shot at Dez Bryant who I think can replace BMarsh's production in short order. Ultimately, I think it could improve our total offense without BMarsh. He is quickly becoming Orton's blanky and he isn't spreading the ball around. Orton is very much a first option QB. He knows he can't move in the pocket quickly enough to make it through his progressions, so he goes with the first option or nothing... so for that reason alone, maybe you have to keep a guy like BMarsh b/c he can make the catch even with tight coverage.

But, it would be pretty nice to get a guy like Dez Bryant AND a guy like McCoy or Cody with a pair of first round picks. And, it would be cheaper over the next 4 or 5 years to have a Dez Bryant instead of BMarsh. Then again, you have to worry that a rookie won't transition well to the NFL whereas there is a reason BMarsh will receive a 4-6 year contract worth $10m+ per season.

Pony Boy
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I kind of torn between No and hell No

Hogan11
12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Only if SF offers both first rounders, then yes.....otherwise, no way.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:33 AM
For SanFran's #1 and #3 I'd have to think about it. They'll probably pick right around #12 or 13. That *should* give us a shot at Dez Bryant who I think can replace BMarsh's production in short order. Ultimately, I think it could improve our total offense without BMarsh. He is quickly becoming Orton's blanky and he isn't spreading the ball around. Orton is very much a first option QB. He knows he can't move in the pocket quickly enough to make it through his progressions, so he goes with the first option or nothing... so for that reason alone, maybe you have to keep a guy like BMarsh b/c he can make the catch even with tight coverage.

But, it would be pretty nice to get a guy like Dez Bryant AND a guy like McCoy or Cody with a pair of first round picks. And, it would be cheaper over the next 4 or 5 years to have a Dez Bryant instead of BMarsh. Then again, you have to worry that a rookie won't transition well to the NFL whereas there is a reason BMarsh will receive a 4-6 year contract worth $10m+ per season.

OK! Wait! So would you or would you not take the deal? lol! Good points..for speculatiion but which side of the fence are you on..LOL! You nads will get sore riding the fence like that! :thumbsup:

UberBroncoMan
12-20-2009, 11:33 AM
**** no.

I'll take a PROVEN commodity over draft picks.

So far Alphonso Smith has been lackluster and Ayers has been so-so.

Both "1st round picks" essentially.

Look at the history of draft picks... a 1st round pick is hardly a guarantee to be long term starter let a lone a superstar talent.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I kind of torn between No and hell No

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

strafen
12-20-2009, 11:37 AM
If we wanted to trade Marshall for picks, the deal would've been done already.
If we were to trade him for draft picks, what you think McDaniels would use that pick(s) for?
What would he use it for that he could've used the ones we got from Chicago for instead?

underrated29
12-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Id trade him to sfo for both firsts and willis.

GreatBronco16
12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Ummmmm, No.

NFLBRONCO
12-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I can see McD trading BM and won't believe otherwise until proof comes with longterm contract. I myself would keep him.

I expect another interesting offseason

BroncoSojia
12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Our offense is pretty anemic with him, imagine how it would be without him.

UberBroncoMan
12-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Id trade him to sfo for both firsts and willis.

That would be hard to say no to given how well placed the San Fran pics are... + DJ/Willis as our ILB's would be insane.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I can see McD trading BM and won't believe otherwise until proof comes with longterm contract.

Here's to hoping that Joshie learned from the Cutler and early season BMarsh foolishness. Sign Marshall and "Get R Done!"

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:52 AM
As much as I love the guy (Even though he is black lol) Royal is more expendable for a high draft pick than Marshall would be. Orton just can't seem to get him the ball and if we don't get a QB who can soon, Eddie Royal's talent is just being wasted!

NFLBRONCO
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
If Denvers plan is to trade your best players. Why did they not at least stockpile more picks from Cutler trade by trading down and not doing Smith trade. I know picks don't gaurantee anything but, this team is already thin on quality talent subtracting more seems dumb.

I do see more offensive turnover then most fans expect in 2010. I see Schef being gone I could easily see Royal or BM being gone as well.

oubronco
12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Hell to the NO

spdirty
12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Marshall is top 3 right now. And there is no way we would let him go.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 12:18 PM
0l/l 773 l-l. Wait turn that over!!

Denver724
12-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Marshall to SF for the highest 1st round pick AND DT Aubrayo Franklin. Maybe they throw in a 3 or 4. Remember, you heard it here first. Nolan knows Franklin well.

loborugger
12-20-2009, 12:33 PM
32 to 0.

bpc
12-20-2009, 12:41 PM
We can move anybody. There's more reason to move Marshall then there was to move Cutler.

I will say this team is lacking a difference maker on the defensive line, needs another playmaker in the back 7 and needs to offset the youth at CB.

We need a QB on offense.

Brandon Marshall is a great player but nobody is above the value of this team, as pointed to last offseason. Hopefully we can make the right decision.

Archer81
12-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Keep Marshall. Every season the guy has games where it becomes the Brandon Marshall show. He's a piece you want on a championship team.

:Broncos:

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 12:42 PM
If I hear any more about "Risk off the field" I'm gonna hurl! The guy was wrongly accused by a lying blackmailing gold digger almost a year ago and "He is still a RISK? The preseason crap was just that crap! Blown out of purportion and not handled well by the team up till then. Get over it! The guy is a dominating force pay him!!

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 12:43 PM
OK! Wait! So would you or would you not take the deal? lol! Good points..for speculatiion but which side of the fence are you on..LOL! You nads will get sore riding the fence like that! :thumbsup:

I have a bald spot on the middle of my ass from riding this fence!

I'll tell you what I would do though, I trade BMarsh to the Browns for their first and Joshua Cribbs!

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Marshall to SF for the highest 1st round pick AND DT Aubrayo Franklin. Maybe they throw in a 3 or 4. Remember, you heard it here first. Nolan knows Franklin well.

Franklin is a free agent this year so we don't need to trade for him. You heard it here first lol :)

BroncoMan4ever
12-20-2009, 01:05 PM

that is crazy. teams go into the draft praying that they find a guy with Marshall's talent. it rarely happens, even in the 1st round let alone in the later rounds of a draft.

once you get a guy like that, you make sure you wrap his ass up long term.

to trade him out and just let him go for picks would be a monster mistake.

Denver724
12-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Franklin is a free agent this year so we don't need to trade for him. You heard it here first lol :)

But if he is tagged like Marshall than he could be included. You heard that here first.

elsid13
12-20-2009, 01:11 PM

He going to be tagged according to Mort and Adam Scheffer

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I have a bald spot on the middle of my ass from riding this fence!

I'll tell you what I would do though, I trade BMarsh to the Browns for their first and Joshua Cribbs!

Not even for Cribbs! Would you rather have the ex-Special teams guy from Chicago now than Marshall? Cribbs has a 3 year peak max. Would you take Sproles too?

Broncoman13
12-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Not even for Cribbs! Would you rather have the ex-Special teams guy from Chicago now than Marshall? Cribbs has a 3 year peak max. Would you take Sproles too?

Read, a top 5 pick (Cleveland's #1) and Cribbs.

Top 5 pick gives you McCoy, Suh, or Bryant for sure and a good return man for several years!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-20-2009, 01:33 PM
You DREAM of drafting a player like Marshall. Dream of it. Why the **** would you want to trade him for draft picks.

SIGN HIM!!!!!

DBroncos4life
12-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Read, a top 5 pick (Cleveland's #1) and Cribbs.

Top 5 pick gives you McCoy, Suh, or Bryant for sure and a good return man for several years!

I don't know why people don't think Suh is going in the first two picks of this draft. Hilarious!

Denver724
12-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I don't know why people don't think Suh is going in the first two picks of this draft. Hilarious!

Maybe we package our two 1st rounders and move up to get Suh? I think I would rather spend 60-70 million on Marshall than 60-70 million on Suh.

Durango
12-20-2009, 01:44 PM
If we had a front office that could draft well, the idea of trading Marshall for picks might not be all that bad an idea, but then we don't draft particularly well, so there's a good chance another Jarvis Moss is poised for another wasted #1.

Ambiguous
12-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Retarded thread is retarded.

NFLBRONCO
12-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm sure Pat wants to pay top 2 money lol.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Bowlen said weeks ago that Marshall had played his way into a top contract back during the owners meeting... and that's before he went off balloing like the last few weeks!